Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian closed the loft door behind him. He settled his case on the kitchen island and took off his suit jacket placing it on one of the bar stools. He went to get a beer from the refrigerator. It was not his style to drink right after getting home from work but the situation called for it. Two days ago he had been sure he was sick with something. Something that was worse than flu. He thought he had something that needed doctor’s care and medication. He had not believed Peter’s words about imprinting. Brian Kinney simply did not get imprinted. Imprinting was not for people like him. People who liked to be free and not tied down to one person for the rest of their life.

 

But Brian had had to face the fact that he actually was imprinted. Irreversibly so. He was imprinted on a blond waiter that worked at the Liberty Diner. Blond who was not his type at all. Sure he was good looking, but Brian was definitely not attracted to him. But the signs of imprinting were there for the both of them. Signs that had made Brian thought he was sick. So he had come to an agreement with Justin.

 

They had promised to try to be friends because the only way to ease the way they were feeling was to spend some time together. They agreed that they did not feel the need to be and act as normally imprinted couples did which was being a couple and do whatever fell into that category. They promised each other to spend time in the same room doing something together or they could just ignore each other. They also promised to try their best to be near the other when they needed it. In other words if the symptoms of being apart grew too severe, the other one would come no matter where they were. One other thing they had agreed on was that this was to stay between them. They did not want anyone to know they were imprinted on each other. They could act as friends in public if needed. They were okay with that, but that was it.

 

Brian had so many questions about the situation. The only person who could give some answers was Peter. But Brian did not feel comfortable to include Peter in this. Peter was his employee and getting an employee involved into his personal life felt wrong. It felt like stepping over an invisible boundary.

 

Brian placed his beer bottle on the kitchen island and walked to the bedroom. He stepped on the edge of the bed and fell in the middle of it. The last time he had seen Justin was yesterday when they had sat in the Diner and came up with the rules. It was clear without saying that he was feeling anxious and what one might call missing. He was missing Justin.

 

Brian decided to do something about it. It couldn’t be that just being near Justin was the only way to ease the feelings he was going through. So Brian drove to the baths, the place would surely help him in his situation. He walked slowly in the dim hall looking for the right guy. It took Brian longer than usual to find someone who would do. A good pair of pouty lips, short dark hair, abs visible just enough and a very good ass. The trick took him to a secluded place and motioned Brian to sit down. The brunet did. He spread his legs more as the man in front of him kneeled and slowly moved the towel around Brian’s hips aside. Brian watched as the luscious lips kissed the inside of his thigh and moved up. He moved his head back to lean on the wall as the trick started sucking the head of his cock. He felt fingers fondle his balls and hand rubbing his hips. Everything was so good, felt good. So why did it take so long for him to come? Especially when the man was clearly willing to let Brian come down his throat and swallow his cum. That was usually a huge turn on for Brian.

 

The brunet decided that he wasn’t in the mood to continue spending time with the trick. The blowjob had not lifted his spirits and had not been fully satisfactory. Brian got back home so he could go check Justin’s schedule. Justin had given it to him and he had taped it inside his closet in the bedroom. He looked that the waiter was supposed to work until eight pm today. It was almost six at the moment so that gave Brian plenty of time to go eat in the Diner and enjoy his meal making an excuse to be near the blond. So Brian decided to change into a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt before taking off and heading for the Liberty Diner.

 

The first thing he saw when he stepped inside the Diner was Justin’s back as he was taking orders from the table nearest to the door. He continued walking to the back of the room seeing as his friends were sitting there already eating their dinner. He enjoyed the good feeling that was filling him more and more with every step as he walked.

 

“Hi Brian, can I get you something?” Justin came to stand next to him as Brian hadn’t even had the change to sit down and say hello to his friends.

 

“Turkey sandwich, hold the mayo and coffee,” Brian told him and watched him go give the order to the cook.

 

“You seem awfully familiar with him,” Emmett commented and watched as Brian sat next to him.

 

“That’s because I know him,” Brian said taking a clean cup from the end of the table and holding it up as Justin came to fill it.

 

“You two know each other?” Michael asked confused. Brian had not made a new friend since they met Ted ten years ago.

 

“Sure, he comes by often. He’s one of Debbie’s lost boys so we end up talking sometimes. It’s not a crime is it?” Justin smiled at the dark haired man. “Besides Debbie talks about all of you so much that I feel like I already know you all.”

 

“Can’t say you’re lying,” Ted commented twisting his fork in his pasta. “That woman can’t seem to keep her mouth shut.”

 

“So is everything good. Does anyone need a refill?” Justin asked smiling as he looked around the table.

 

The men shook their heads. They all heard a familiar bell marking that an order was ready and Justin made his way to the kitchen to pick up the order. After Justin had taken the order to a table he brought Brian his sandwich.

 

The table was filled with conversation. Michael told about his renovation at the Comic Book store. They had started fixing the pipes in the small kitchen that the place had. Also Michael told how he had succeeded to paint the walls a deeper shade of purple than it already was. Brian could see the paint stains on his fingers.

 

“Haven’t you heard of gloves?” Brian grinned. “Paint isn’t exactly healthy.”

 

“I was using a roller. I thought I wouldn’t need gloves,” Michael tried to scrape the paint off his left middle finger.

 

“Do you need help with anything? I have free time tomorrow. It’s my day off,” Emmett asked rolling the straw around in his coke.

 

“The bathroom needs painting too. You could do that if you liked,” Michael suggested.

 

“Sounds fun,” Emmett said excited. “Have you picked the color yet?”

 

“I was thinking just using the left of the purple paint,” the other man said drinking his own diet coke.

 

“Or you could brighten up the place and paint one wall purple and the rest white,” Emmett suggested.

 

Brian listened them banter about the color as he drank rest of his coffee and occasionally providing a comment here or there. He motioned for Justin to bring more coffee. 

 

“Thanks,” Brian said as Justin refilled his cup.

 

Eventually one by one the men left the place and Brian was left sitting alone.

 

Brian motioned once again for Justin pour him some more coffee. The blond came next to his table and stared at the brunet. “Are you sure? You’ve already had three cups.”

 

“You telling me you’re cutting me off like a bartender?” Brian glared at him.

 

“Maybe,” Justin smiled.

 

“Bring me something else then,” Brian demanded.

 

“What do you want?” Justin tilted his head.

 

“Surprise me,” Brian moved to sit sideways on the bench and lifted his left leg up.

 

“Okay,” Justin grinned. “Deb, I’m taking a break,” the blond told the red head as she walked by. Brian watched as Justin went to prepare his… whatever he would bring him.

 

Two minutes later Justin sat into the booth across from Brian and gave him a Seven Up in a tall glass with ice, a white and red straw and a small, pink, shiny umbrella.

 

Brian stared at the monstrosity and then at Justin who stared back trying not to smile. Brian took the umbrella in his hand and threw it at Justin.

 

Justin tried to catch the umbrella but failed and it fell on his lap. He picked it up and started to roll it between his fingers.

 

After five minutes Debbie stopped at their table. “You could at least try to have a conversation about the weather,” she said.

 

“But we like the uncomfortable silence,” Brian said mockingly and moved to lean his upper body over the table. He rested his arms over the table, crossed his fingers and rested his chin on them.

 

“I told you he’s an asshole,” Debbie winked at Justin. “You should stay away from him.”

 

“But Debbie, I’ve promised myself to train him into a better citizen and look, he’s already staying quiet!” Justin laughed waving the umbrella at Debbie.

 

Debbie shook her head rolling her eyes and left the table to get back to work.

 

“Want to stay the night at my place?” Brian suggested.

 

“You’re not going out with the gang?” Justin asked.

 

Brian shook his head. “The boys are busy tonight and I don’t feel like going out alone.”

 

“I’ll be there around nine,” Justin informed and got up. “My breaks up. Go home or someone will start suspecting something. You have to bear being cranky for two hours,” the blond ordered.

 

“Fine,” Brian grunted and got up too.

 

***

 

Brian curiously looked as Justin came in with a big back bag. Justin explained that it had a change of clothes and some sketchbooks and pencils as he made his way to Brian’s bedroom.

 

“You don’t mind if I draw in your bed?” Justin asked as he placed the back bag down on the blue blanket.

 

“No,” the brunet made his way back to his laptop on the sofa. He had been looking up information about imprinting trying to find something useful.

 

Two hours later as Brian had taken a shower he noticed Justin yawn and put away his sketchbooks.

 

“You ready for bed?” Brian asked as he went to the bedroom.

 

The blond nodded as he went to brush his teeth in the bathroom.

 

Brian slipped under the blue cover and waited for Justin to come and turn the lights off and settle beside him. Soon enough the blond slipped under his cover and turned to face him. Brian noticed the blond reach for his hand and helped him by providing his fingers under the cover.

 

“What’s with the hand holding?” Brian asked in the darkness.

 

“You can’t feel it?” Justin wondered.

 

“Feel what?” Brian shook his head even though he knew Justin couldn’t really see him.

 

Justin let go of Brian’s hand and then took it into his own again for a couple of times.

 

“There’s a small tingling or something, I don’t know. It feels nice,” Justin said.

 

Brian let go of the blond’s hand and took hold of it again. “Hmph. I haven’t noticed it before.”

 

“Another imprinted couple I know are always holding hands because of this,” Justin said with a sleepy voice.

 

 

Brian concentrated to the feeling that spread to his body from his hand. It was nice. Somehow tingling and warm, maybe a little fuzzy too. He let Justin hold his hand as they fell asleep.