Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin snored slightly as he slept on the white sofa. Brian tried to go over the notes Peter had given him that morning. He tried to keep the papers up so he wouldn’t wake the blond who had his head in his lap, face buried into his stomach. He heard a change on the blonds breathing and moved the papers aside to see if he had woken up but the blue eyes were firmly closed.

 

He read the papers through and set them aside. He looked at the sleeping beauty and wanted to run his fingers through the silky, soft, blond locks. But Brian didn’t want to wake him up. The blond was all tired from working a double shift in the Diner today. The place had been packed and Justin had kindly offered to stay and help after his shift should have ended.

 

Lately Brian had started to think if he was selfish. The blond had made it painfully clear that he wanted Brian and that he had been ready for Brian to fuck him for a long time now. Brian still had his walls up. But maybe refusing to complete the imprinting was selfish. Justin was clearly ready and Brian was not giving him what he wanted.

 

He liked Justin. He liked him a lot. He wanted the blond around, he needed the blond around. Brian had come to a conclusion that it might be crush he was having. He had never had a crush before, so he wasn’t sure. But he couldn’t explain his feelings any other way.

 

Maybe it was time to complete the imprinting.

 

Brian looked at the clock and noticed it was already eleven. He should make Justin go to bed. But it felt so good to just have him sleeping there curled up against him. Brian gently moved his hand to touch Justin. He softly pushed his fingers through the blond locks. Justin made a small humming sound before he opened his sleepy blue eyes.

 

“You should go to bed. You’ll be more comfortable there,” Brian said in a quietly.

 

Justin let another humming voice as he got up. Brian helped him to bed and tucked him in before getting himself ready for bed. Then he slipped under the covers, moved closer to Justin and leaned against his back sliding his arm around the blond.

 

Brian promised himself before he fell asleep that one of these days he would make the blond completely his.

 

The next morning Brian got up from the bed leaving sleeping Justin there soundly. His throat felt dry so he dragged himself to the refrigerator and drank some guava juice straight from the bottle. He sat down on one of the barstools and leaned on the kitchen counter. He rubbed his face before his eyes found Justin’s wallet. It was just lying on the kitchen island. Brian moved his hand across the table surface and pulled the wallet closer. He opened it and immediately saw Justin’s driver’s license in a plastic pocket. He read the thing through but had to take a double take on his birthdate. Brian glanced at the calendar on his fridge and noticed that the blond was celebrating his birthday next week. Brian wondered for a moment why he hadn’t told him but then he remembered that he didn’t exactly advertise his own birthday.

 

Brian closed the wallet and pushed it back to where it had been. He wondered what he was going to do to the guy sleeping in his bed on his birthdate. Brian might not have been a fan to celebrate his own but he would like to remember Justin with something.

 

***

 

“What is on your mind?” Peter asked typing on his laptop. They had just successfully presented the new Eyeconic Optics campaign and Mrs. Quaid and two of her employees had just left. “I know that look can’t be because of the meeting we just had.”

 

“Justin’s birthday is tomorrow,” Brian said gathering the papers that were spread all over the table.

 

“Oh, is he having a party?” Peter asked as he continued to type the memo of the meeting.

 

“No, he doesn’t even know that I know,” Brian tapped the edges of the papers to make a neat pile.

 

“You don’t know each other’s birthdays?” Peter looked up surprised.

 

“I guess it never came up. I’m not big on those and apparently neither is Justin,” Brian sat down at the table.

 

“Do you know how old he is?” Peter grinned.

 

Brian scolded his employee. “He’s turning 26.”

 

Peter chuckled a little. “So have you gotten him something?” Peter asked and continued typing.

 

Brian scratched the back of his head and cleared his throat. “Yeah.”

 

Peter grinned again. “Something that personal?”

 

“Maybe,” Brian smiled a little and waited for Peter to finish the memo.

 

“So what’s the problem?” Peter hit save.

 

“I’m little unsure about the gift, but I know it’s the right one. I’m just being pathetic. Don’t mind me,” Brian sighed.

 

Peter looked Brian for a second. “Is the great Mr. Kinney calling himself pathetic?” he said shocked.

 

“Fuck you,” Brian laughed a little and got up and left the room.

 

Brian stepped inside his office and closed the door. He rounded the table and sat down in his chair. He reminded himself that he had to go shopping tomorrow. He thought just for the sake of it he should buy Justin something. Since Brian knew Justin didn’t really need anything at the moment, he settled for chocolates. A little fancier chocolate should make him smile that gorgeous smile of his. He also had to remember to go and buy some new condoms. He had noticed on Sunday that his condoms had expired. That had never happened to him before. There had never been any expired condoms in Brian’s possession.

 

Brian had thought that giving Justin what he really wanted would be a good gift. It wouldn’t be just sex, not just a birthday fuck. It would mean for them to finally take the next step and complete the imprinting in the process. Brian knew now that completing the imprinting wouldn’t chance that much. He had talked about it with Peter the other day and afterwards he was a little more convinced that everything might turn out okay.

 

***

 

“What’s up boys?” Brian sat between Ted and Emmett at the counter at the Liberty Diner.

 

“Eating greasy food and getting fat,” Ted answered taking a bit of his bacon.

 

“That’s why I don’t eat everything they put in front of me here,” Brian felt a hand brush against his lower back and he tried not to smile. Seconds later Justin pushed his head between him and Emmett.

 

“And what can I get you?” Justin poked him on his upper arm.

 

“Surprise me,” Brian smiled at the blond.

 

“Not eating everything they put in front of you?” Ted said mockingly.

 

“He knows to bring me something healthy or his job is on the line,” Brian snickered.

 

“And can I get you anything else, mister?” Justin turned his head towards Emmett.

 

“No thanks, sweetie,” Emmett shook his head.

 

Justin took off into the kitchen and soon came back with mineral water for Brian.

 

“Does anyone feel like going to Woody’s and Babylon tonight?” Michael asked.

 

“Sure, count me in,” Emmett said excitedly clapping his hands together.

 

“Me too,” Ted said mouth full of mashed potatoes.

 

“Sorry, boys. Got work to do,” Brian said taking a sip from his glass.

 

“But you hardly ever come! We miss you,” Mikey said leaning over and watching Brian over Ted and Emmett.

 

“Yeah, but I got five new clients and things have to be done by someone,” Brian lied. The man tried to look disappointed.

 

“Well what about you Justin?” Michael turned to look at the blond who was passing the gang behind them.

 

“What?” the blond gave an order for a young couple.

 

“Woody’s and Babylon tonight?” Michael asked.

 

“Sorry, can’t. An out of town friend is coming over. I have to entertain her,” Justin shrugged also lying.

 

“You two are so boring,” Emmett shook his head.

 

Justin brought Brian his fruit salad. Brian smiled satisfied.

 

“See Ted,” he pointed at his plate. “Justin can keep his job,” he smiled.

 

“Thank you. That is so kind of you,” Justin reached and touched the brunet’s hand.

 

Brian playfully pushed Justin’s hand away.

 

“Just keep up the good work and you’ll have your job in the future too,” Brian grinned.

 

***

 

Brian was lying on his side in the living room on a soft mattress. He was reading his old biology book from schooldays to get some valuable information considering one of his clients. He turned a worn out yellow page in the book and listened as Justin occasionally clanked a spoon against a bowl as he ate ice cream on the sofa.

 

“Brian?” the blond poked the man on the mattress with his foot.

 

“Mhmm,” Brian hummed.

 

“I’m bored,” Justin licked his spoon from the strawberry ice cream.

 

“Then do something,” Brian mumbled.

 

Brian turned a page and bend his knees to get more comfortable. Justin scooped more ice cream into his mouth. For a few minutes the loft was in total silence. Then Justin got up and sat in front of Brian. He edged closer and lied down in front of the man ignoring that the book Brian was reading was now under his back. He lifted his legs over Brian’s bent legs and rested them on them. Then he placed the bowl on his chest and ate another spoonful.

 

Brian looked at the blond in front of him with a slightly annoyed look. Justin stared back with a wide smile.

 

Brian reached around the blond and pulled his book from under him placing it on the mattress next to Justin.

 

“Want some ice cream?” Justin took a small spoonful and offered it to Brian.

 

“No,” Brian shook his head.

 

“Suit yourself,” Justin smiled and licked the ice cream from the spoon.

 

Another quiet moment fell into the loft.

 

“What do you want?” Brian asked finally as he noticed that the man was not going anywhere or about to even say anything.

 

Justin placed the bowl aside before looking up at Brian. “I decided that I want some loving,” the blond said seriously.

 

“You want what?” Brian raised his eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Loving, Brian. I want loving, I want to cuddle. I want attention,” Justin let a smile spread again on his lips.

 

Brian pressed his tongue in his cheek. “Then you are out of luck. I’ve got work to do,” Brian took another book and propped his biology book against it so he could read it easily.

 

“Brian,” Justin whined pulling on his shirt button.

 

“What?” Brian asked not taking his eyes off the book.

 

“Give me some,” Justin tugged on his shirt.

 

“I still got work to do,” Brian answered.

 

Justin pouted. He took hold of Brian’s book and slammed it shut.

 

“Hey!” the other man shouted and started to look for the page he had been reading.

 

Justin looked Brian mischievously and took hold of the zipper in his hoody. He started to slowly pull it down revealing his pale skin. He noticed that Brian’s eyes stopped moving for a second as he heard the quiet click, click, click of the zipper.

 

Justin pulled the zipper down spreading his hoody so his upper body was visibly exposed. Then he took hold of Brian’s hand and placed it on his chest. Justin guided his palm over his skin. Brian looked at the blond.

 

“I want kisses. I want sweet, sweet kisses,” Justin said licking his lips.

 

“What am I going to do with you?” Brian shook his head.

 

“For starters, you could kiss me,” Justin giggled.

 

Brian smiled and bent down to kiss his blond. He concentrated to give sweet stomach fluttering kisses as the man had asked for. Justin slipped his right arm loosely around Brian. The older man smiled as he moved to kiss Justin’s neck and without a warning gave him a raspberry on the crook of his neck.

 

Justin started laughing kicking his legs a little. “Brian!”

 

Brian couldn’t help smiling at the other man. “Would that be enough loving for a while?” he asked and moved back to read his book.

 

“No, not nearly enough,” the blond giggled and pulled Brian into another kiss. Brian shook his head moving a little lower so he could kiss Justin’s upper body. Justin grinned as he wrapped his arms around Brian and pulled him over him. Justin rolled them around so that he ended up on top of Brian.

 

“What are you doing?” Brian laughed as he wrapped his arms around the blond.

 

“Giving you some loving,” Justin pushed his upper body up to his arms placing his hands on the mattress each side of Brian’s head.

 

“You’re giving me some loving?” Brian grinned.

 

Justin nodded leaning down for a second to rub his nose against Brian’s. “Yes I am.”

 

“Then you should come here,” Brian pushed Justin’s wrists causing him to fall down.

 

“Whoa!” Justin yelped surprised at Brian’s move. Brian gave a peck on the corner of Justin’s lips and took a good hold of him before rolling them over so Justin was on his back under Brian. The older man started to give kisses all over Justin’s face making him giggle once again. Justin lifted his legs over Brian’s hips.

 

Brian sat up. “What are we doing?”

 

Justin smiled as he lifted his leg and rubbed his foot on Brian’s shoulder. “Having fun,” he touched Brian’s cheek with his big toe. Brian pulled his head away and pushed the leg down. He took a good hold of Justin’s hoody and pulled him up.

 

“This is coupley stuff,” Brian said.

 

“So what,” Justin rubbed his nose again against Brian.

 

“We are not like that,” Brian shook his head their noses still touching.

 

“No we’re not. Doesn’t mean we can’t have fun,” Justin kissed Brian.

 

 

“Well, let’s have fun then,” Brian grinned as he roughly pushed the blond back on the mattress and got over him on all fours.