Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Brian, as the host, had to arrive early in order to welcome his guests so it was only 6 when he picked up Justin. He felt like celebrating so he chose to use one of his new toys, a Lotus Seven. He drove it out of a private parking near the loft, stopped in front of Justin's building and honked loudly. A grinning Justin came running out and stopped short when he caught sight of a particularly handsome Brian, dressed in a black Yves Saint Laurent tuxedo, with a black shirt and tie.

 

Justin cleared his throat and managed a “wow”, making Brian laugh. Of course, he was used to being admired and knew exactly how good he looked. That didn't make Justin's obvious wonderment less flattering.

 

“Nice car”

 

“You recognize it, right?”

 

“You don't really expect me to say yes, do you?”

 

“”The Prisoner”? The British television series ?”

 

“That rings a bell; it was with the guy that played Jesus, right?”

 

Brian shook his head. “Just drop it.”

 

“It's a really nice car, though.”

 

“I said drop it.”

 

 

When they entered the hotel where the event was hosted, the large ball room was all settled, with tables circling a vast space for the speeches to be made in honor of Mrs Yoly and later for dancing. Brian busied himself for a while checking that everything was in order. When he was satisfied, he pulled out his phone and put it on speakers. He put on some music and led Justin in the middle of the vacant space. “You were bragging to Deb that you could dance, care to prove it ?” He pulled Justin into his arms and swayed with him, just enjoying holding him.

 

When the song ended, there was a loud applause. “Brian Kinney doing romance! You're quite the little magician, aren't you, sweetie ?”

 

It was Em, looking delighted. Brian shook his head at the man. “Em, you really had to go with the short pants, did you?”. Justin whistled his approval at Em. “Don't mind him, Em, you look great.”

 

Brian was not surprised that Justin defended Emmett. He never had any doubt that Em and Justin would get along. It turned out getting along was an understatement, the 2 men only knew each other for about 10 days and simply adored each other. Emmett was still hook up with some guy deeply involved in shamanism. As far as Brian was concerned the sooner the romance ended the better, the guy was dead boring and was a terrible match for Emmett. Thankfully he had refused the invitation, because Em always seemed dulled when he was around. He watched, smiling, Em and Justin going into a vigorous rock, and walked to the entrance of the room to greet the guests.

 

Everything was going fine. Once all the guests had arrived, they had been seated for the meal. The Renaissance Hotel catering service was renowned so the food was excellent, even for poor Justin who as usual had to have a special serving. Even the nasty Mrs Dell had been quite kind when introduced to Brian. She was in her early 40's, about Justin's size and even blonder than him, with grey eyes. She was quite beautiful and extremely elegant. They had only exchanged a few words before mingling with the guests. Brian had to admit she was very professional, she was obviously perfectly used to this type of events and she had class.

 

During the meal, he was seated next to Mrs Yoly, at the same table that her children, the mayor and his wife, Justin and a few selected guests. Mrs Yoly was a fascinating woman, she was extremely intelligent and cultured. She had a curious mind and had a good sense of humor. After the meal, the mayor gave a speech, some of the previous artists in residence and Justin were asked to say a few words, Brian also thanked Mrs Yoly for her contribution to arts.

 

And finally the band began to play. Brian and Mrs Yoly stepped on the floor for the first dance, then the evening went in a blur, as Brian made his social duties by inviting many women to dance, mostly spouses of important clients. Of course, Debbie got her dance with Brian, as so did Lindsay and Melanie. He managed to dance with Justin only twice, and while ending a dance with a lawyer from Mel's firm who was her date, was searching for him on the dance-floor for a third one, when he fell a hand on his forearm.

 

“May I ?”

 

“Mrs Dell, it will be a pleasure.”

 

“I'm sure.”

 

They stared at each other for a few seconds before the music started and they danced together.

 

“So Mrs Dell, are you enjoying yourself? Was joining my little party worth missing your so more important previous plans?”

 

“I am not here to enjoy myself, Mr Kinney. I am working and yes, it was worth it. I made the contacts I wanted and I got to meet you.”

 

“You couldn't settle for an autographed picture ? Those of me nude are quite artistic.”

 

“You live to your reputation, Mr Kinney, and we both know I am not speaking of your add skills. It took me all of 15 minutes on internet to learn all of your sex achievements. You're quite the star here, it seems”.

 

“Do not tell me you are shocked? I would be so sad.”

 

“To be shocked I would have to care. Mr Kinney, contrary to you, Justin's best interests are my top priority. Make that my sole priority. When I heard that he was yet again getting involved in some romance with a local big shot, I made my research as I always do. I learned what I needed to know; you are a club boy, fucking every male ass that crosses your path. None of that is my concern. But then you threw this ridiculous gala and I immediately knew I had to meet you. Because it seems you are serious about him.

Did you know I was once married to a man such as you, the only difference being that he was straight? I was 21 when we met, he was 40. Mr Kinney, men like you have nothing to offer but money. Justin doesn't need it. He's young, talented, intelligent and hard-working. Within 10 years, he will be way richer than you. This is his future, Mr Kinney. This is what he wants. This is what he hired me for.

So enjoy yourselves for the rest of his stay in your little town. But make no mistake, as soon as the residency ends, he will leave.”

 

“You mean I can't sequester him in my dungeon? Those civil rights fanatics really take the fun out of life.”

 

“Mr Kinney, please do not take me for a fool. This gala is a statement that you are making to him, that you want him in your life. Give up that fantasy, Mr Kinney. Do you know about Justin's goals in life? Of course not, do you care about anything but fucking him ? Maybe you should ask him. I will tell you this though: none of them involves being your little boy toy”.

 

With that, she gave him a courteous smile and walked away.

 

 

* * *

 

 

The band stopped playing at midnight. After that, the guests started to leave, and soon the only persons left in the ball room where Brian, Justin, Michael, Ted and Emmett.

 

None of them felt tired and since it was Saturday they could sleep late next morning. So when Emmett offered to go have a last drink at Woody's, insisting that they just had to show Liberty avenue how good they all looked in their tuxedos, everybody accepted cheerfully. To be truth, at this time, getting drunk seemed to Brian the best idea ever.

 

 

 

They made quite a sensation when they entered Woody's, greeted by whistles and claps. They all bowed and sneaked their way in to a free table. Soon, they were all happily chatting and drinking, when Brian heard Justin mumble “Oh fuck no”.

 

He turned his head and saw Anatol walk towards their table. He hurriedly pulled out his phone, cursing Carl for not having stayed with them. Before he could dial 911, Anatol came standing next to Justin and the screaming began immediately “Thief! You've taken everything from me! Everything ! You're a fraud! They will all know !...“ . Anatol had a deep baritone voice that easily covered both the music and the people talking in the bar.

 

Justin remained seated and gestured for his friends to do the same. Brian had pulled back his phone and gestured that the police were on their way, they would only have to endure Anatol's yelling for a few minutes. However, a few patrons of the bar got annoyed and started to shout at Anatol to shut up and get out. That got Anatol even more excited and he yelled back at them that they were Justin's accomplices and would pay too. At that point a group of young men wearing pink shirts rounded Anatol and started taunting him.

 

That angered Justin, because he knew that Anatol not only was harmless but also incapable of defending himself, despite his large stature. So he stood up and told the guys to leave Anatol alone, that the police was on their way and would take care of him. When they heard the word “police”, many clients rushed to the door, and the guys in pink got even more aggressive, yelling that the police had no business interfering in a gay bar and that they could take care of one freak alone. Then one of them pushed viciously Anatol on the chest, Justin pushed him back harder...and in seconds, Brian was in the middle of a bar drawl, in his haute couture tuxedo, throwing and dodging punches.

 

* * *

 

“This is all his fault”.

 

“I'm here, you know.”

 

“Well it is your goddam fault! We all saw it! You and your creepy buddy started it! I'm sure my nose is broken and Ted your lip is still bleeding, I mean seriously we've all been going to Woody's for years and there's never been a problem but we go once with the little angel here and...”

 

“Michael! Shut up!” said in unison Ted, Emmett and Brian.

 

The cell fell silent again.

 

Brian looked at Justin, seated next to him on a bench. Justin had a shiner on his right eye, matching the one Brian had on his left eye. Brian leaned over Justin and put his mouth to his ear.

 

“There's never a dull moment with you, is there?”

 

The 2 men grinned at each other.

 

“Thief ! The thief's been arrested! I warned him !” came a yell from the cell next to theirs.

“Shut up !” screamed the 5 men in the cell as well as the guys in pink locked in a third cell.

It took a while for the cops to take everybody's statement ; Anatol got his retraining order and Cynthia was called to bail them all out. Brian was coaxing Cynthia who wasn't happy for having to get out of bed at 6 on a Sunday morning to drive him and Justin back to the hotel to get his car. Michael, Ted and Emmett joined in the conversation to also get a ride back. They all walked talking out of the station and failed to notice the guys in pink being released. One of the pink guy caught up with Justin who had stopped to tie his shoelace and was still inside the station.

“Blondie...I got arrested because you had to go all cry-baby to the police. You better hope we don't meet again, or you'll get a lot more than a black eye”.

“How's the jaw?” answered coldly Justin, who had swung a punch to the guy's face at the bar. They stood staring at each other when one of the pink guys called out “come on Cody, let's get the hell out of there”.

Chapter End Notes:

I edited the end because a reader pointed out to me that the last scene with Cody was a bit confusing. Hope this is better, and Cassie, thanks for your input.