Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Daphne had arrived on a friday afternoon and was leaving back to Los Angeles on Sunday. Brian had previously told Justin that he would let the two catch up on the the first night but that they could all have diner and go clubbing on Saturday. So, after the “introduction”, Brian put on some club clothes and went out to Woody's and then Babylon.

He hadn't really stopped tricking; it was too much of a second nature to him, something he did when he went out, just like getting a drink. Also, as far as Brian was concerned, Justin and him might be lovers, they still weren't a couple. They didn't even live together. Sometimes they went for days without any physical contact. Plus, tricking gave him some sense of control on the relationship. After all, he was the one dependent on Justin's will. Brian had never refused once when Justin had asked him to come over, but the same could not be said of Justin, who gently turned him down when he felt too tired.

That didn't change the fact that Brian had severely cut down on the tricking. Of course, there was the fact that he was spending at least 3 nights a week at Justin's place. He had also completely stopped bringing a trick to the loft, for some reason not liking the idea of Justin seeing him with another man.

Justin knew of the tricking, Brian was not about to hide like some shameful spouse. He had explained to Justin that he needed the thrill of the anonymous fucks, but that no sentiment or intimacy were ever involved. So far, Justin didn't seem to mind, accepting that they were in an unconventional relationship that did not include monogamy. Of course, Justin was free to do the same, Brian had insisted on this point. But so far, either he hadn't told Brian (which was highly doubtful) or he hadn't had any other sex partner than Brian.

* * *

Saturday evening, Brian chose his clothes with special attention. When he went down the loft to pick the duo, looking particularly stunning, he didn't miss the  admiring looks he got from both Daphne and Justin, already waiting for him at his car.

He saw Justin hold his hand towards Daphne, who pulled out and gave him a 20$ bill.

He pulled Justin into a kiss then held his hand to Daphne, smiling.

“Liked the show, Miss Voyeur.”

“We totally must do that again!”

“What was the 20$ bill for? Justin, you're not selling my virginity again, are you? Because at that price, I'm offended.”

“Daphne said there was no way you would look as good with clothes on, so naturally she lost”.

Brian nodded solemnly. “Naturally.”


The meal was extremely pleasant and once again Brian realized how much he enjoyed Justin's company. Daphne was like his female version, witty, simple and funny. Both Daphne and Justin were a little drunk when Brian drove them to Babylon. They were supposed to meet Emmett there, only too happy to have a night of pure fun. Justin had never been to the club before and Brian intended to make the most of the night, including a very private visit to his office.

However, about 2 hours later, Brian began to suspect that he would not have any intimate moment with Justin. The trio was indefatigable. They only stopped dancing to run to the bar, each time trying a different cocktail, then hurrying back to the dance-floor. Brian had joined them multiple times but had to admit that he just couldn't keep up.

After a moment, he retreated to his office where he found Ted, going over papers with the club manager. The 3 men worked together for a moment, then the manager left to check things around the club.

Brian let Ted work, enjoying watching Justin, Emmett and Daphne dancing on the video system. They were all great dancers and fun to watch. After a while, he heard Ted clear his throat. He waited, knowing some lesson was coming.

“So, Brian, how is it going?”

Brian looked at him sternly.

“Right, silly question, I know. I just, you know, it's nice to see you like this, relaxed.”

“Is there any point you would like to make, Theodore?”

“No, no point. Just small talk between old friends. Pals. People who've know each other for years and on the whole get along”.

“Ted.”

“It's just that, well, see, I've noticed that now I get hit on a lot. By very hot young men. The kind of very hot young men that never spared me a glance before.”

“Before what?”

“Well, you know, you're a very generous boss. Let's just say that the only thing that's changed in me is that I now own a beautiful house, with a Lexus in the garage. Pittsburgh is not so big, and gay Pittsburgh is even smaller, so it's the kind of thing that gets around. Many kids come here looking for a sugar-daddy. I'm not saying Justin is like that. Not at all. Just, you know, be aware that being a multimillionaire makes you very interesting.”

“There's just a little flaw in your logic, Ted. Unlike you, men were throwing themselves at me long before I was obscenely wealthy.” 

“I know! I know! And I know Justin's doing really well on his own and everyone says he's going to have a great career. But still, it's not exactly a sure thing. A partner that can always keep him creating in good conditions if he stops selling, well, that's pretty appealing. Just keep that in mind.”

Brian kept silent for a long time.

“Ted, I know you mean well. But fuck you.”

At 2 came the announcement that it was closing time and the crowd started to exit the club. Brian went back down on the dance floor and spotted Justin and Daphne, sweaty and covered in glitter, looking for him. When they spot him, they stumbled towards him.

“You're the boss, tell them not to close! It's too early!”

“Sorry, kiddos, no can do. City stipulations, clubs must close at 2 am.”

He got two pouting faces in reaction.

“Well I'm not sleepy” stated Daphne defiantly, crossing her arms on her chest.

“Me neither” added Justin, in the same posture.

Brian was about so say that he could at least help Justin with his problem, when Justin flashed a huge smile. “Let's go swimming!” Daphne looked at him with admiration. “Justin, you have the best ideas.”

Brian frowned. “It's the middle of the night, city pools are closed.”

“Let's go to the sea, then!”

“Global warming has not yet made that a possibility.”

“The river! You must know of a creek or something?”

Brian pinched his nose. “It's fucking November. It's freezing.”

They both looked at him disapprovingly then turned away, and Brian distinctly heard them muttering “he's so negative” “I know, right? And grouchy too.”

He sighed and was about to steer them toward the exit when Emmett, holding everyone's coat, approached him. “Brian, that was a great night, that DJ was fantastic, and that girl is pure delight, I haven't had so much fun in ages!”

Brian looked at him and smiled sweetly.

“Em, tell me again about that magnificent outdoor jacuzzi you just bought.”


* * *

Brian woke up with a groan on Sunday. It took him a while to get his bearings. He was in Justin's apartment, sprawled on his back and fully clothed, in the middle of the bed. Justin was on his right side and Daphne on his left, also clothed, even if it seemed that something was wrong. He was certain that he had not be wearing a fuchsia shirt when he had started the night, and Daphne was now clearly wearing Justin's shirt which probably explained why Justin was bare chest. Each had an arm around his torso and a leg on top of his. He tried to get up but they both growled and held him tighter. So he flopped back on the bed and patiently waited.

Later, in the afternoon, after much aspirin, Justin left Daphne and Brian alone for a moment, having to take a call from Catherine Dell.

Daphne's plane was leaving in 3 hours and Brian had offered to drive them to the airport. She was stuffing her bag with souvenirs she had bought, when she stopped and went to sit next to Brian.

“Brian, thank you. You have no idea how good it is to see Justin like this. I don't know how much he told you of his past, probably not much because he's so damn proud, but trust me, he had it hard. You're good for him, Brian.”

Brian stiffened, not willing to hear anymore advice on his relation with Justin.

“Look, Daphne, don't expect too much here. We've only know each other for a few months. And we all know he's not here to stay. Just know I have no intention of hurting him.”

“Well, that's more than any of his previous shitty boyfriends could say. And how do you know he's not going to stay? He hasn't had a place to call home since he was 15. Everyone needs a home.”

“Because there's nothing in Pittsburgh for a man like him.”

“Let him be the judge of that.”


* * *

Brian was listening to Justin bitching for the 100th time about the way his work was progressing. Apparently, one of the students that assisted him was a complete moron and he had lost a whole day of work fixing his fuck-ups.

“And on top of that, I have to go to the College of Fine Arts tomorrow, I'm supposed to give a little lecture to senior students there. More time wasted, just what I need.”

“You need a car?”

“Nah, it's okay, thanks, I'll take the bus.”

“Justin, the weather forecast for tomorrow is thunderstorms, take the goddam car. I'll even let you take the corvette.”

“I know you're not familiar with public transportation, but I assure you there are no open top bus in Pittsburgh, so I should be okay.”

Brian pondered. Many times before he had offered Justin to borrow one of his cars but was always met by a refusal.

“Justin, you've got your driver's license, right?”

He saw Justin shift nervously; “Not exactly.”

“Don't tell me you don't know how to drive!”

When Justin kept silent, Brian's first reaction was to laugh. What 24 year old  guy couldn't drive? He was about to make some mock comment when he remembered Justin's past. As on clue, Justin spoke in a defensive tone.

“I didn't exactly have the opportunity to learn, you know. It's not as if I was surrounded by friends with cars yearning to teach me and I couldn't exactly afford driving schools. When I finally got the money, I was either living in New York, where you don't really need a car, or traveling.”

Brian blew out a smoke ring. “You realize that might be an issue during your year long road trip, don't you?”

“Ha Ha. I'll learn eventually. Truth is I feel a bit silly going to a driving school at 24.”

“All right. Move your ass, then. You have 4 days to get your learner's permit. Next Sunday, 10 am, you're getting your first driving lesson”.

* * *

“Don't you have a car that costs less than a Picasso?”

“Actually, this is my less expensive car. Get in.” It was a total lie. Brian owned 4 cars and one of them cost less than 20% of the Tesla. But classic cars cruelly lacked little things such as airbags; that was not a problem when Brian was driving but with a total inexperienced driver, he wasn't taking any chance.

They remained parked while Brian explained basic rules and about 15 minutes later, Justin put on the signal and very slowly entered the almost desert street.

They had been driving  for more than an hour, Brian directing them out of town on roads he knew were safe. Justin was still tense, not daring to go faster than 35 miles an hour, even on straight and empty roads. He also kept checking the mirrors, to Brian's amusement. Brian, on the other hand, had progressively relaxed and was now enjoying the country ride. He was looking for a place where they could stop for lunch when he heard Justin's concerned voice.

“Brian, there's a car following us. It's been following us for at least 30 minutes.” Brian reflexively turned to look.

Shit, shit, shit. The bodyguard.