Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Story Notes:

I have a banner!!! Isn't it the most beautiful you've ever seen? It was made in an incredibly short time by Kim (Predec2). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

 




"All right, SonnyBoy, I'll see you Saturday at noon then.”

“Wait Daddy, Mommy wants to speak to you”

“Brian? I forgot to tell you, you know the artist residency in front of your building? You do know who is the artist this year, don't you?”

“Don't know, don't care.”

“Brian, it's Justin Taylor!”

“Justin Taylor...oh, yeah, I've seen some of his work, guy's not bad. Still don't care though unless he's hot.”

“Hot and gay, but absolutely not your type and much too young for you, so don't even go there. It's amazing that the foundation got an artist of his status for this year's residency, I have no idea how they made him accept. You do know that meetings with the artist are part of the residency, don't you? On weekdays, it's only for art students but Saturdays are opened to anyone. I intended to go this Saturday morning with Gus before bringing him to the loft. Why don't you join us?”

“Linds, I already deal with artists way too often for my taste, I am not wasting any of my valuable and meager free time mixing with some snotty kid who thinks he's the new Keith Haring”.

“Oh come on, Brian, it will only take about an hour. He just moved in around 2 weeks ago, so he'll have almost nothing to show yet, but it's precisely the best moment to get to talk to him, most people wait until the project is almost finished to go so I doubt there will be more than 2 or 3 people.”

“Lindsay, is this some evil plot to get him to expose at your gallery?”

“Well...partly, I won't deny a Justin Taylor exhibit would be an extraordinary event for my small gallery. But I genuinely admire his work and it's not every day that I get to mingle with a world known artist.”

“I'm sure; anyway, as I said, I'm not interested, so just bring Gus after you've done being your charming self.”

After hanging up, Brian automatically looked at the building fronting his. He knew about the Yoly foundation, of course. It had been created by Mrs Ophelia Yoly around 10 years ago, both to dynamize the neighborhood and to promote art. She had bought the entire building, an ex-factory that was bound to be demolished, and had it turned into a gigantic workspace for artists. An apartment had been set up in the upper level, and each year, an artist was selected to spend a year working on a project that would be donated to the city. A partnership was made for art students of Pittsburgh colleges to attend master classes with the artist, and some students were chosen to assist him in his work and to help with the Saturdays public visits. Brian had never attended any and had no intention to. He could always see the finished project when it was exposed somewhere in the city.

Anyway, he had to get ready for Babylon.

 

* * *

Brian came with a deep groan and rolled on his back. He checked his alarm. Midnight, perfect, he still could get enough hours of sleep not to look like a zombie at work. He then heard a snore and frowned. Fuck, the trick was already falling asleep, he had to kick him out fast or he would be stuck with him for the night. Waking up to find last night trick in his bed was his least favorite way to begin a day so he proceeded to remedy the situation immediately.

He sat up and shook the guy's shoulder none too gently.

“Hey, get up, dress up and leave now”. The guy just turned his back to him. Brian shook him harder and rose his voice “I said beat it! Now! Get up and get the fuck out of my apartment!”

The guy lifted his head and looked at him sleepily. “why can't I stay the night? Then we'll have more sex in the morning.”

“You mean waking up to your morning breath? Tempting but no. Now get the fuck out. GO!”

The trick mumbled what were probably insults but dressed up and headed for the door, flipping off Brian on the way out (after making sure that he wasn't looking at him). As soon as the trick was out of the door, Brian locked it, put on the alarm and turned off the lights. He wasn't sleepy yet, and needed to calm down after the previous rush of adrenaline. He took a much needed shower, then walked naked to the window and lighted a cigarette.

To his surprise, there was light in the building across the street. A man was sitting on the opened window sill, his back on one side and his legs sprayed the length of the window. Brian wondered for a second if the guy was contemplating suicide, until he saw him put a cigarette to his mouth. Like him, the man was just peacefully smoking.

He wondered if the man was Justin Taylor; he had no idea if other people lived in the building or if the artist had a boyfriend. Still, even at the distance, there seemed to be paint stains on his jeans and shirt so there was a good chance that he was looking at the latest artist in residence.

He couldn't really see his face, until the man lit up another cigarette. For the few seconds during which his face was illuminated by his lighter, Brian saw young and beautiful traits. He reminded himself that he didn't care for blonds and liked his men a lot more muscular and closer to his own age than the man looked.

That thought didn't stop him from looking at the clueless blond, vaguely hoping that he would use the lighter again. But the man stubbed his cigarette then moved back into the room. He was about to close the window when he stopped abruptly, obviously startled, his eyes fixed on Brian. Brian imagined what he must look like, smoking stark naked in the dark, obviously spying on his neighbor. Both a flasher and a peeping tom. Well, it was too late to make a good impression anyway, so he just went on smoking and staring.

They both stood like this for a while, just staring at each other. Then, the man smiled and Brian returned it. They held their eyes locked until the blond turned around and disappeared inside the building.

Brian hurriedly put on some jeans, a shirt and shoes before rushing out of his apartment, down the stairs and across the street. The door opened as soon as he reached the sidewalk. The blond man stood in the entrance, not smiling anymore. Once again, they stood, just staring at each other but this time close enough to touch. Then, without a word, Brian leaned over the man and, taking his chin in his hand, kissed him.

 

Brian woke up the next morning, at first disoriented by realizing that he was not in his bed. After a few seconds, though, last nigh events came back to his mind and he smiled. It had been...hot. Really really hot. The small blond had turned out to be an incredibly sensual and passionate lover, his body reacting to every touch, lick or nib. They had first fucked in a frenzy on the floor, just behind the closed door.

It had been hard, not deliberately because Brian was not into inflecting pain, but because he was overwhelmed with desire and felt the same envy in his partner. He had a memory of sensations more than actual moments, silken skin, the fruity smell of hair, the cigarette taste of a mouth...All those combined had driven him crazy and he knew his orgasm had been so violent that he had fallen asleep immediately afterwards, which for him was a very rare occurrence.

It had been amazing, even if Brian remembered one awkward moment, when he had put the condom that he had in his jeans and the blond had stopped him, pulling a condom from his own jeans. Brian thought for a second that the blond wanted to top him but he had only put it on Brian's dick, above the one he already had. It was weird but Brian had more important things to do at this moment than ask what it was about.

He had woken up when a gentle hand had pushed at his shoulder and had opened his eyes to amused blue eyes. He rolled over, angry at himself for having fallen asleep. He was pondering about putting on his clothes and leaving when he felt soft lips between his shoulder blades and a hand sneaking around his chest.

“You know, I do have a bed upstairs...care to try it?”; it was the first time he heard the man's voice, except for the many whimpers he had made previously. The voice was low and seductive. Brian had turned around and kissed the man for a long time, one hand on his neck, the other on his ass. When he pulled back, he got up and held a hand to his partner, helping him stand up. “Well, what are we waiting for then?”. The man had smiled at him in a way that had made his heart beat just a little bit faster.

And try the bed they did.

When they finally felt sated, it was well after 4 am and they both fell asleep. At 6 thirty, Brian woke up as he did each morning and found the blond curled around him. Surprisingly, that didn't annoy him; in fact, he would have enjoyed falling back to sleep, but he had a very important meeting at 8 that he couldn't afford to miss or to be late for. So he reluctantly untangled himself from the warm body and silently went down the stairs, donned his clothes and left, carefully closing the door. Only then did he realize they hadn't exchanged names and that for some strange reasons that bothered him. He shook his head and reminded himself that names were of absolutely no importance since they would not have further interactions. Besides, he only had to google “Justin Taylor” to confirm the blond's identity and then he could brag that he had fucked the latest art scene prodigy.