Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Sara woke up the next day excited that she had found the killer, or at least the guy behind it. She didn’t know why but she was sure that getting this information to Brian and Justin was the key to what was happening to them.

Sara made her way to the manor with her arms wrapped tightly around her, as if someone was going to snatch it out of her arms at any minute and the closer she got to her destination the more creeped out she was feeling. She didn’t know why but she knew something was going to change and it was going to be for the best for her, but she was determined to help the guys because she didn’t believe they deserved what had happened to them.

Once she got to the manor, she reached out to grab the door handle to open the door without knocking. To her surprise, as soon as she touched the knob, an electric jolt went through her hand and she released it very quickly to stop the pain. Sara thought it was just static electricity or something so she went to grab it again and the same thing happened.

Sara knew she had to get into the house and she was determined that nothing would stop her, so from her place on the door step she started to look for alternative routes into the house. Just as Sara was about to leave the steps to go around the house looking for a way in, she heard a voice.

“You should give this up.” The voice said.

Sara quickly turned all the way around trying to find the source of that voice but she found no one. She was scared that it could be the killer, although her mind kept screaming to her that the murder happened almost fifty years ago. So even if the killer was still alive, he would be around ninety years old and thus not a threat to her.

When she couldn’t find a person, Sara redoubled her efforts to get into Britin knowing that somehow, Brian and Justin would protect her,

“There will be a consequence for you if you go through with this.”

Sara got angry at this and frustrated that she couldn’t find a way in and she figured if someone was going to threaten her, they were going to do it to her face. She just hoped her bravado would hold out until she figured something else out and that she was smart enough or quick enough to save her own life if need be.

“Hell, if you’re going to threaten me, aren’t you supposed to say, there will be dire consequences or some shit like that?” Sara shot back sarcastically while still looking around for not only a way in but for the person the voice belonged to.

“It won’t be dire but it will change the course of your life.” The voice one again came from nowhere but this time something in the words caught Sara’s attention.

“Will you tell me what it is?” She asked, a little afraid of the answer, afraid that in the face of something horrible for her, she would abandon Brian and Justin.

“If you bring this to their attention they will be able to change the course of time, they will be able to stop their murder and you will never have come to this house.” The voice came again, sounding like it was all around her.

“Okay, so I never get to meet them, it sucks, but shit, they’ll be alive.” Sara says, confused that the voice thought that this was such a big deal. Sure she would miss them but shit, she probably wouldn’t even remember them so what’s to miss.

“Well, if you never come into the house and never have to go to the library, you won’t meet Aiden.” The voice returns but Sara had known half way through the sentence where the statement was going and she felt something inside her clench at the thought.

Sara hadn’t known until the thought of never seeing him again, that there was something in her that was attached to Aiden and even now, she didn’t understand it. She barely knew him and yet the thought of never seeing him again was a physical pain. All she could think was why. What was going on and why does she feel for a boy she has known for less than a day?

“Because he is your soul mate.” The voice said in answer to her unspoken question. “And if you do this you will alter the course of not only your life but his.”

“Will our lives be horrible? Will we die or something?” Sara asked with fear in her voice but she silently acknowledged that most of that fear was for Aiden.

“No, you will just never have your soul mates, you will never be truly happy if you do this.” came the voice across the wind.

Sara stood there in indecision, she wanted to help Brian and Justin but she was afraid of what repercussions this would have for her and Aiden. Sara felt tears come to her eyes as she realized that no matter what she chose, someone would pay for it.

Just then Sara remembered watching Brian and Justin die. She remembered every stab and every sound of pain as well as the blood which seemed to cover every surface. She remembered every single second of that night as if it was a movie playing in her head and she knew what her answer had to be. No matter the cost to her and Aiden’s future happiness, she had to save Brian and Justin from the rerun nightmare.

“I have to help them. It doesn’t matter what happens, they can’t keep living through that, it’s cruel.” Sara said with conviction in her voice. Her mind was made up and there was no stopping her.

“If you enter that house, there’s no going back” The voice warned as Sara reached out to grab the handle of the back door, hoping it was unlocked and that it wouldn’t zap her to keep her out.

Sara heard the words but didn’t hesitate, she just pulled the door open and stepped inside as quickly as she could, hoping to get away from the voice and the fear that this would somehow go wrong.

Sara found Brian and Justin quickly, following the sound of laughter and she walked into the living room to find Justin straddling Brian’s torso and tickling him unmercifully. She tried her best to keep in her own laughter so she could continue to watch as Brian pleaded with his lover for mercy.

“Justin, let me up please.” Brian begged, “I promise I’ll never call you a twinkie again.” He added breathlessly.

“I don’t believe you.” Justin growled teasingly, “You always say that.”

Sara looked on smiling, knowing without a doubt that she had made the right decision. Justin launched into another tickle attack and it made Brian arch his back trying to get away from him. When he did this, he had a clear view of the doorway and he saw Sara standing there, watching them with a smile on her face.

“Stop, stop Justin, Sara’s here.”

Justin immediately ceased and both men came to their feet with smiles on their faces for Sara. They didn’t know how but the girl had become important to both of them in the short amount of time that they had known her, even Brian cared for her.

They men stilled in their spots, as they had been walking across the floor towards her, when they saw a sadness fly over her face.

“What’s wrong Sara?” Brian asked, his need to always fix things for everyone coming to the forefront with a surge of protectiveness.

Sara didn’t reply, she couldn’t choke the words past the lump in her throat. She knew telling them this would free them and she wanted that more than anything; but she wanted to say goodbye before she told them, in case she didn’t get another chance.

“Sara, whatever it is you can tell us, you know that, right.” Justin said softly, having walked up to her and placed his hand gently on her cheek.

“I know, I just…” her voice was choked off by barely suppressed sobs.

Brian and Justin didn’t know what to do with the seemingly heartbroken girl; they didn’t know what was wrong so they couldn’t fix it. Brian felt completely out of his element because emotions were never his strong suit but even Justin was at a loss as to what to do.

“I don’t know how to say goodbye.” Sara finally stuttered out through her tears and both men knew exactly what she was talking about without her having to say another word. They both immediately grasped that she had figured out something about their murder and she was afraid that she would never see them again.

Justin took her in his arms and tried to reassure her that things were going to be ok, although he had no idea of that himself.

“Honey, you don’t know this will change things. Even if you get any clue as to what happened to us and why, it doesn’t mean it will help us at all. Maybe we weren’t meant to always walk this earth. You don’t know how this is going to turn out, so don’t mourn yet.”

“Yes, I do know that this is goodbye. The voice said it was.” Sara answered without thinking about how that would sound.

“The voice? What, are you hearing voices now? Maybe Sara’s lost it.” Brian tried to joke although you could hear the fear in his voice.

“When I came here today I couldn’t get the front door open, every time I tried to touch it, it zapped me hard. I looked around for another possible way in and right when I was about to step off the porch to investigate a way in, I heard a voice.”

“Who was it?” Brian interrupted, suddenly afraid for Sara.

“I don’t know, at first I tried to find the voice but the more it kept talking to me, the more I realized that it didn’t seem to be coming from anywhere. It was far from me one second and then it was whispering in my ear the next. It was scary as hell, let me tell you.”

“So what did the voice say?”

Sara filled them in on what happened, keeping the part of her consequence to a minimum, not wanting Brian or Justin or both to decide they didn’t want to do it because she wouldn’t get to met Aiden. Brian and Justin listened in silence and then knew that they needed to say goodbye to Sara too.

The three sat next to each other on the sofa for no less than half an hour, each one dealing with their fears and insecurities about what was about to happen but they each also knew that they had to do this.

When it seemed like they were all prepared for this conversation and still nobody was talking, Brian took it upon himself to speak first.

“So what have you found?”

“Well, I did mention that there was a fifth man in your murder right? The one that seemed to have made it happen?” Sara says tentatively.

“Yes, of course you did. It’s all we’ve been able to think about since. That this wasn’t a random event. That someone hated one or both of us enough to kill us.” Justin said and both Brian and Sara cringed at the venom only slightly concealed in his voice.

“Well, I was at the library and I Googled you guys, Britin, Kinnetik, your gallery Justin and just about anything I could think of that might apply to either one of you. So I printed out all that I could find and when I got home I poured over them for hours, wanting to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Anyway I had gone through about half the stack when I was too tired to do it anymore. But when I got up to go to bed, I knocked the papers on the floor and when I went to pick them up, I found him.”

“Who did you find a picture of and please don’t give us the whole back-story again; we don’t really need to know all the steps.” Brian snarked at Sara out of his fear.

This had been Justin and his biggest worry once they had found out that there was a fifth person who never came in the room. They had feared that they knew their killer. Hell, that he might even be a part of their family.

When they had talked about it, they had each had an idea of who it was but they wouldn’t share that information with the other one because they didn’t want to hurt each other and they didn’t want them to blame themselves for what had happened to them. Brian thought it was Ian because he knew the useless fiddle fuck had blown it with Justin and he had always given Brian the creeps. Gross, slimy fiddler who never bathes.

Justin also thought he knew who did it and like Brian, didn’t say anything about it because more than that, he didn’t want Brian to feel guilty, although that was true he also didn’t want to hear Brian bitch about it, and he would. Brian had, ninety nine percent of the time since the first time they had met, defended his very bestest friend against all things and Justin knew if he said anything about him being involved in this, then Brian would get his haunches up and he wouldn’t have peace for days.

Both men still remained silent as they wait to see who it was and see if their predictions would be right. Not that it was the most important thing at the moment but it helped keep their minds slightly occupied, so they could worry less about what was going to happen.

“So the picture I found was from pictures of the launch party at Kinnetik.” Sara said as she handed them the folded paper from her pocket and watched with trepidation as Brian unfolded it. She remembered the caption of the picture and was afraid the knowledge of who it was, was going to be hard on them.