Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Story Notes:

-I created the concept for this story quite a while ago and have been writing several chapters of it. This is my first long Midnight Whispers story based on Brian and Justin's relationship (although this is an alternate universe story!).

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the characters from Queer As Folk. They belong to Showtime and Cowlip. This is for entertainment purposes only. No Infringement intended.  

Author's Chapter Notes:

-College Student Brian Kinney and his friends expect to have the time of their lives on an exotic island. Meanwhile, high school senior Justin Taylor is excited about starting his senior humanitarian trip...


 

“Shit, this is a pretty swanky room”, Michael Novotony commented as he walked around his shared hotel room in the Trinidad island.

 

 

“Ohhh, isn’t it just?!” squealed his room-mate and close friend, Emmett Honeycutt. He jumped up and down, clapping his hands together in excitement as he spoke. “This vacation is going to be life changing, I just know it”, he said decidedly. Michael chuckled at his friend’s unashamed and unreserved flamboyance and enthusiasm.

 

 

There was a loud knock heard at the door. Michael smiled and danced right on over to the door, already knowing who it would be. Sure enough, he opened the door to see his incredibly handsome life-long best friend, Brian Kinney. He smirked at Michael, obviously sensing the excitement from both of his friends. “Mikey”, he greeted, reaching over to grab his friend’s face and plant a big, wet kiss on his cheek.

 

 

“Brian”, Michael greeted back, wiping the wetness off his face with a smile. He stepped aside for Brian to enter the room.

 

 

Brian let out a surprised “oaf” when Emmett practically jumped on him, pulling the man into a tight hug. “Brian I am so glad you suggested this trip!” the queen shouted out. “And that you found this amazing hotel!”

 

 

“Yeah, yeah Honeycutt, now will you let me go?!” Brian choked out.

 

 

Emmett released his pal after giving his body one last squeeze. He toyed with the idea of refusing to let go, but decided he didn’t want to ruin Brian’s seemingly good mood by annoying him. “Sorry sweets” he said with a tongue-in-cheek, but friendly smile.

 

 

Brian shook his head but smiled nevertheless. “Why are you already so damn excited? We’ve only been here three hours” Brian reminded the queen.

 

 

“I know, I know. It’s just that I have a really good feeling about this trip”, Emmett admitted. He quickly became animated again, resuming to jump up and down while shouting out, “Tonight we are going to hit the town!”

 

 

The other two men rolled their eyes through their laughter. “Oh hell yeah”, Brian agreed. Although he thought his friend was being overly dramatic as usual, he couldn’t disagree with him. Something told Brian that this particular trip would one to remember. He had been the one to suggest to his friends that they travel to the islands of Trinidad and Tobago while on break from college. Not surprisingly, they had all agreed with great enthusiasm. And so, two week later, Brian Kinney took Emmett Honeycutt, Michael Novotony, Lindsay Peterson and Melanie Marcus to a place unlike any place they’d experienced before.     

 

 


 

 

Justin Taylor was awoken by a nudge on his arm. He slowly opened his eyes to see his friend James Hunter Montgomery fulling a ridiculous face at him. The teenager let instantly sat up straighter in his plane seat and let out a soft, confused chuckle. “We’re about to land”, Hunter told him, explaining his waking his friend up.

 

 

The prompted Justin to sit up even straighter, a smile growing on his face. Oh yeah, I am so ready for this, he thought with excitement. He had been waiting all year for the senior trip and finally, FINALLY they were there. In fact, Justin himself had been on the committee of students and teachers planning the trip. They had decided on the island of Trinidad, to become involved in an unfamiliar culture and to help build a new building in a local school that needed all the assistance they could get.   

 

 

Several minutes later, the plane had landed and the chaperoning teachers were calling out instructions to the students before they all raced off the aircraft. Less than an hour later, the school group were on buses and on their way to their hotel, which Justin happened to know, was a good one. Chatter from many eager teenagers filled the bus Justin and his friends were on.

 

 

“Oh my Gosh, I am so fricken’ excited!” exclaimed Daphne Chanders from her spot behind Justin and Hunter. Both boys turned their heads back and nodded enthusiastically. “Holy shit!” she yelled suddenly.

 

 

“What, Daph?” Justin asked, both confused and amused.

 

 

The teenage girl bounced up and down in her seat and pointed ahead of her, out the front window of the bus. “We’re here!!!” she squealed. Hunter and Justin snapped their heads back around to the front in unison to view the grand hotel they were approaching. Hunter lifted up his hand to give Justin a triumphant high-five.

 

 

“Hell-the-fuck-yeah!” Hunter called out, prompting several students around him to laugh.

 

 

Mr. Christianson, the head teacher of the trip, however, did not find this remark funny at all. “James Montgomery!” he chided, shaking his head. A low “oooohhhh” from all the buzzing teenagers sounded around the bus. Mr. Christianson rolled his eyes while Hunter merely smirked. This God-darn kid, thought the teacher.

 

 

“Oh come on, Sir! Lighten up!” Hunter urged. “We’re in Trinidad! Don’t tell me you’re not excited.”

 

 

This was met with a forced disapproving look from the teacher. What the students didn’t know was that he was suppressing a big ol’ smile. Because Hunter was right; the man was incredibly excited, just like the rest of ‘em.       

 

 


 

 

Emmett crossed his arms impatiently while he waited with his other male friends for Melanie and Lindsay in the hotel lobby. “Remind me why we invited along a sex-crazed lesbian couple to come with us”, he said to Brian. “Are they ever going to get their butts down here?!”

 

 

Just as he had finished speaking the words, the two very women they were waiting for tumbled out of the elevator, giggling and holding hands. “Sorry to keep you waiting fellas”, chuckled a very pleased-looking Lindsay. The boys shared a look, not believing that either of the girls were really sorry at all.

 

 

“’Bout time”, Brian remarked. “Now that we’re all present”, he began, looking right at the two loved-up ladies that had kept them waiting for fifteen minutes, “Let’s get to site-seeing. We can pick out all the cool bars we want to check out later when it’s dark.”

 

 

Melanie scoffed, causing everyone to turn their heads to look at her. “Is that all you ever think about, Kinney? Booze?”

 

 

“Of course not”, Michael answered for his friend. “All he ever thinks about is getting laid.”

 

 

All the friends laughed, including Brian. “That’s for sure”, Lindsay giggled. “I bet you’ll be scoping out all the hot guys on the town the entire time we’re here”, she said, addressing Brian directly.

 

 

“That may or may not have been a part of my plan”, Brian said with a mischievous wink.

 

 

And with that, the group exited the building, intent on enjoying the island.

 

 

“Oh shit sticks”, Michael grumbled. Melanie, Lindsay and Emmett all groaned when the spotted what their friend was complaining about. “Teenagers.”

 

 

“High schoolers”, Emmett added, unimpressed at the arrival of the fellow hotel guests.

 

 

The friends watched as the group of school kids all climbed out the buses, collected their luggage and bundled into the hotel. “Why, of all hotels, did they have to pick the same hotel we did?” Melanie complained. Emmett shook his head, clearly less than impressed with having to share a hotel with a bunch of no-doubt trouble-making, loud, smart-ass teenagers.

 

 

Brian, however, was too busy staring at what had to be the most stunning boy he had ever laid eyes on. The man had to stop himself from drooling as he ogled the teenager. Standing at the end of one of the buses, presumably waiting for something, was a gorgeous kid who had porcelain skin, sunshine blond hair, perfectly pink, kissable lips and the bluest eyes Brian had ever seen. Even though they were several feet away, Brian could tell; this boy was beautiful. “Holy mother of God”, he murmured to himself, completely forgetting the presence of his annoyed friends.  

 

 

Each of Brian’s said friends turned to look at him with one raised brow on each of their faces. Michael followed his friend’s gaze and spotted the very blond that had his complete attention at the moment. “Oh no”, he said flatly, turning back to the seemingly entranced brunet. “Hell no.”

 

 

Emmett was incredibly confused. “What? What is it sweetie?” he asked, with slight concern, in case something was really wrong.

 

 

Michael rolled his eyes as he glanced at his other friends, then to Brian again. “Brian do not even think about fucking a high school kid. He can’t be more than sixteen!”

 

 

The other three friends instantly understood what had Michael complaining this time, and all followed Brian’s gaze to the blond kid as well. Brian smirked, not taking his eyes off the fair beauty. Lindsay delivered a smack to Brian’s upper arm. “Kinney, don’t you dare!”

 

 

It was only then that Brian turned had head to stare into the faces of his friends. “What? Surely you’re not accusing me of planning to do anything unthinkable with a teenager.” He got several blank, unamused stares back at him. “I’ll have you people know, I am always the perfect gentleman.”

 

 

“Yeah right Brian, and I’m a 6ft4 Jamaican man with a twelve inch dick”, Michael remarked, not believing one word of his friend’s bullshit. He knew him. They all knew him. Brian Kinney may have his charms, but around a hot peace of ass, a gentleman he was not.

 

 

“You wish”, Brian joked.

 

 

Michael rolled his eyes and gave Brian another smack on his arm. “Don’t change the subject Kinney, that’s not the point here.” Brian just looked at Michael as if he had no clue what he was talking about. The Italian man let out a frustrated sigh before continuing on. “Alright, Kinney, listen to me and listen good. Do. Not. Fuck. A. Stupid. Teenager.”

 

 

“You haven’t even talked to him and you’re already calling him stupid. What happened to the understanding, accepting Mikey we all know and love?”

 

 

“All he’s saying is that teenagers can be bad news, Brian. They can give you a ton of grief. Fuck one, it’s he’ll be nothing but trouble”, Lindsay said as calmly as she could, not wanting to cause a stir.

 

 

Brian snorted and rolled his eyes. “Will you all relax?! I’m a big boy and you needn’t worry a single hair on your pretty little heads about me. The kid is safe from big bad Brian Kinney”, he assured them. “Still”, he mused, looking back at the boy, who now stood with two other laughing kids. “He is one fine-looking thing.”

 

 

The four other adults all rolled their eyes yet again at their horny friend’s never-ending checking out of men, or in this case, a boy. Lindsay and Melanie stood on either side of the stud and grabbed an arm each, dragging him away, with Emmett and Michael walking behind them. “Come on you”, Melanie said as they walked. “We’ve got an island to explore.”

 

 

Still watching the glorious blond, Brian noticed him and his friends begin to follow the other kids into the hotel entrance with their bags. Their eyes locked briefly and Brian gave him a flirtatious smile, accompanied with a wink. He laughed at the look of utter astonishment on the kid’s face as his friends tugged him away as fast as they could.   

 

 


 

 

Hours later, the teens had all settled into their rooms for the night, although Daphne had decided to hang out in Hunter and Justin’s room until lights out. “So”, she began, speaking to her friends while comfortably sitting atop Justin’s bed. “we need to figure out how we’re going to have fun ‘under the radar’, if you know what I mean”, she finished mischievously.

 

 

Hunter gave the girl a blank stare, coked his head and said in a little boy voice, “Gee Daph, I’m not so sure I know what you mean.” He swiftly dodged the pillow she threw at him in response.

 

 

“Daph, I don’t think it’s such a good idea to breech the rules anyway”, Justin told her.

 

 

“Oh, I’m not talking about breeching the rules. We are going to completely break them”, she replied with a cheeky grin. Hunter nodded, a twin devilish grin on his own face.

 

 

Justin laughed and rolled his eyes. “Come on, guys. We’ve put a lot of planning into this trip. You don’t want to spoil it by getting caught doing something stupid, do you?” he pleaded.

 

 

This time, it was Justin dodging a pillow being launched at him. “Will you relax?! I just want to be able to have a little night fun in this place. What’s the worst that could happen?”

 

 

It took less than a second to respond. “We could be sent home, or arrested, or kidnapped”, he said flatly.

 

 

Daphne and Hunter exchanged looks before rolling their eyes at their dramatic friend. “What about that guy who was making eyes at you out the front, huh?” Hunter asked, referring to the handsome young stranger Justin had noticed staring at him outside the hotel earlier. In fact, the stranger had been the most gorgeous man Justin had ever seen. He was tall, with lightly bronzed, toned skin, chestnut brown hair, and beautiful hazel eyes. “Maybe you could get to know him a little better, get him to fuck you, even”, Hunter suggested, waggling his eyebrows.

 

 

As expected, Justin instantly turned beat red. “Hunter…shut up!” Justin laughed, pegging the ‘attack’ pillow in his direction. Caught by surprise, Hunter was hit smack-bang in his face. The three friends all burst out into laughter. They laughed so hard, that there were tears in their eyes.

 

 

It was true, Justin had let his mind wander off to thoughts of the beautiful man that winked at him that afternoon. He’d even toyed with the idea of speaking to him during dinner or something like that. Justin would be happy with any time he got with the man. But he hadn’t seen the man at dinner. He hadn’t seen him since that brief moment they walked past each other and his heart almost stopped completely at the lovely smile he’d received.

 

 

He wondered if that time he passed him would be first and last time he’ll ever lay eyes on him.

 

 


      

 

Brian smirked and shook his head as he downed another drink and watched Michael passionately kiss the hot guy he’d been dancing with ever since they’d arrived at the club they were in. Mikey is so getting some tonight, Brian thought, both pleased and proud.

 

 

After another song, Michael pulled Ben towards Brian and the girls at the bar. A second later, Emmett appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. “Guys, this is Ben. Ben Bruckner”, Michael said, introducing his date to his friends.

 

 

Ben reached out to shake everyone’s hands as they all introduced themselves. Emmett and Brian were very impressed by Michael’s choice of dance partner for the night. Ben was built like superman, which seemed a perfect fit for a comic fanatic like Mikey. He was real handsome, too. “So, some guys I know are holding this boat party in two nights time, and I’d like you to come”, Ben said to Michael after some friendly chit-chat with everyone. He looked up and smiled a superhero smile and added, “If you guys would come along too, that’d be great.”

 

 

“I’d love to”, Michael said, completely wrapped in Ben. Emmett cleared his throat dramatically and nudged Michael with his elbow. “Oh, uh…I mean we’d love to.” Briefly glancing at his friends for confirmation, Michael added with confidence, “We’ll all be there.”

 

 

This seemed to please Ben, as he pulled Michael in for a big kiss. “That’s fantastic”, he whispered once they’d pulled away ever-so-slightly.

 

 

“Naw”, Melanie and Lindsay gushed at the pair. Michael beamed despite his blush.

 

 

“Our first night here, and we’ve already been invited to a hot party”, Brian said. “Way to go, Mikey”, he gave his friend an encouraging pat on the back, who poked his tongue out at him jokingly.

 

 

The real fun will begin at that party, Brian decided. Something in his gut told him that what Emmett had said earlier about their trip being one to remember would somehow tie into this party. Brian did not know just how right he was, but he would soon find out…

 

 

TBC

 


  

Chapter End Notes:

Well, there you have the very first chapter of my brand new story! I hope to update once a week, to once every fortnight, so fingers crossed about my free time! Leave a review to let me know what you think :)

xoxo