Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

>

A Shock

Avoidance that was the key.    After I had that nose bleed that Daphne swore she was going to keep a secret, I decided to lay low with Brian for a while.    If I didn’t talk to him I didn’t have to explain anything.   Why did I have to explain anything anyway?    I’m allowed to have my secrets.   He thinks that I don’t know all of his, but I do.    I know all of Brian Kinney’s secrets.

 

Michael Novotny was trying but failing at pretending not to be staring at his best friend.    So much had changed about Brian, and the most important thing was, the fact that we were supposed to be lying low.   So what if we liked guys, we were supposed to be so out about it.   Everyone at this school knew that I am madly in love with Benjamin Bruckner, but you know what?   We don’t go around making “puppy dog” eyes at each other all day.   We sure as hell don’t go around scribbling the names of each other on our notebooks while our girlfriend watching in disgust.

“What the hell are you doing?” Michael finally found the courage to ask.”

“What?” he asked innocently.

“This shit with Justin.   You always told me there was a time and place for everything, and this is not the time nor the place.   Even if it was, do you think that when you decide to show the world your true colors you should do it with the preacher’s daughter?!” Michael smirked.

“Very funny my friend.   I told you before, I’m not ashamed of who or what I am and if folks don’t like it then fuck them.   Who do you prefer I show my true colors with?   You?   Well Mikey, that’s never going to happen.”

 

Avoidance had been working well.   He was at lunch with his best friend, he had seen Brian once and he had gotten away from him perfectly.    All he had to do was lie low for a couple days.   He had decided to have lunch with Daphne which he was regretting more and more every minute.   He looked to his let and he could see Brian having lunch with his friends.   It hurt a little that even though the rumor mill had already started about the two of them Brian still did everything in his power for the two of them not to interact at school.

“It hurst doesn’t it?” Daphne asked breaking his thoughts.

“What?” he asked.

“That everyone thinks they know that the two of you are together, but he keeps you hidden.   It hurts doesn’t it, you’re his dirty little secret.   What do you think it will do to him when he finds out yours?”

“Listen Daph, let’s not talk about what you don’t know okay, you have no right, do you hear me you have no goddamn right!” he told her rising from his seat.

 

Lindsay Peterson watched the little show that the little twink had put on.    Everyone wondered what got his panties in a twist, but she knew.   He thought that he had Brian, he would never have Brian it was time that someone nipped this in the bud.   The boy was making a complete fool of himself.    He was oozing with insecurities and it was up to her to bring them to light.

“Hey!” she shouted catching up with him

“Hey.” He answered awkwardly.

“Listen everyone knows about the two of you.   At first I was upset I mean Brian and I have always been together.   I mean that’s what we like folks to believe at school.    Everyone knows that I really love Melanie, but because of what happened to Brian last year we never thought that he would be so open with someone at school.   Then there’s you, so if you want to sit with us at lunch, we don’t care.   If you’re with him, then that’s where you belong.” She fake smiled.

“What happened to him last year?” he questioned

“Oh, he didn’t tell you.   Damn it there I go again, I mean he told me but he loves me.   I just assumed that the two of you weren’t keeping secrets.   Listen you gotta do me a solid okay.    Don’t tell him I mentioned it.   I mean he loves and he trusted me with his secret and if he knew that I betrayed that trust, well you know the Kinney temper.    Listen he told me to give you this, he wants you to meet him here later.   I better go Mel’s waiting.”   She smiled.

She watched him look at the address and smile.    She had done it.    He would be right where she needed him to be, he needed to realize that they were a certain class of people, and even though in the end if things didn’t go the way that he wanted Brian would never want her, but he would never want Justin.   He couldn’t want him right, it could never be him, and she was doing whatever she could to make sure that happened.

 

*AW*

 

“Why are we here Michael, you know how I feel about this place?” Brian told his friend as they entered the cemetery.

“That’s not what I have heard, I heard that you’ve been here quite a lot actually with a certain blonde.   Hey I get it, I’m only visiting my father’s grave.   I know that when it comes to love I could never be…

“Don’t!” Brian shouted pulling Michael in close.

“I know that you have been hearing things about Justin and me.   I’m sorry that I haven’t been around, but it’s different with him.” Brian explained.

“Different how?”

“Like how I guess it is how you and Ben are.    You say that you know he’s the one, you guys are making plans to go to the same college and you’re going to be together forever.    It’s something that you all have decided and I love that you have decided it.     Justin makes me believe in all that bullshit.  He makes me better.” He told his friend.

That one of the things that Brian could say that he loved about Michael.   He loved him, and he didn’t love anyone.    Michael could see through the bullshit with his parents, and he knew things that he didn’t dare tell Lindsay.    When he found out he was gay Michael was the first person that he told, and he was sure that was why he thought that in the end it would be the two of them.    Who’s to say that in the end something like that couldn’t be the case.   They were barely eighteen just started their lives, in the future they could very well be two old queens in palm springs.    He just hoped that he could understand how he felt about Justin.    Justin was becoming his everything.

“Listen I understand that you don’t won’t Ben to find it weird that you come to see your dad sometimes.   You guys are awesome and he’ll understand.    He loves you, just like I do.    Always have, always will.”

Brian owed so much to Michael and he had no idea of it.    He was part of the reason why it was becoming more and more easy to open up about things to Justin.     He would always love the puppy dog eyes of the young man.    Just like always he leaned in and kissed him.     Not a friendly peck either, it was always intense with Michael.   He needed him to know how he felt about him.   He could never express it verbally but he could with a physical connection.   He had to show him with his body what was easier to tell Justin with words.

 

Justin was stunned.    No, he was frozen in his spot.    He knew so much about Brian.   Everyone knew about Brian and like a fool he thought, god he thought that maybe he could change him.    That was on his list, he thought that he could change someone but it turns out he was just all the same.   He had taken him to their spot and they were what making out in the graveyard.    How could he do this?    A part of him wanted to confront him but he wasn’t that person, he was better than that.     He would handle Brian later.    He turned around and was face to face with one Lindsay Peterson.

“I guess he forgot about your meeting.” She smirked.

“You did this, wow just wow are you happy?”

“I know that you are thinking that I did this to you, but you need to know I really did it for you.   Brian and Michael are a thing.   I love him, and of course if it could be the two of us I would love that but we’re queers you know that.”

“I just can’t understand how you’re standing their all nonchalantly, it’s like you have no soul.”

“I’m helping you okay, you and are the same.     No matter how much we wish it to be true, it will never be me, and now you know it sure as hell will never be you.

 

End Notes:    Hey it’s part of my new year new work plan.     Every day I shall post something until I finish my old stories, and then I’ll start posting things new.    This story is complete so there will be more updates from it soon.   I just watched the movie again, so wow just wow they’ll be more of that storyline as well.   I hope you like it.  Remember feedback is my friend.  Sorry for the long wait.