Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 10] Printer
FeatureSummary:

Brian and Justin's reflections on the Death of an Icon


Rated: NC-18
Categories: FEATURED STORY, QAF-U.S. FICTION, Brian/Justin Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 4082 Read: 1396
Published: April 23, 2016 Updated: April 23, 2016
Story Notes:

First the Disclaimer, all recognizable characters and story lines belong to their respective owners. The original plot belongs to this author. No Copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

1. Chapter 1 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 10] (4082 words)

This has probably been one of the most emotional weeks of my life. Between the fourth anniversary of my dad's death on April 13th straight through to the death of an Icon- the man who will never know how much he inspired me in my own musical journey- Prince, we can safely say that the month of April is definitely NOT my favorite month. Yes I am that Prince fan that knows every lyric to every song he has ever written for himself and others (no shame but I do!) and consequently, it got me to thinking about the Brian and Justin dynamic. The song "When Doves Cry" is a prime example of what happened during each of their three ‘televised' breakups (you'll see what I mean in a few moments). Then there is the song "Adore" which reminds me of their first meeting under the streetlight. The title "Sexy Motherfucker" could describe both of them together and apart because that's exactly what they are. I consider "Purple Rain" sort of an Ode de Justin as Brian sat and waited for him after the bashing and vice versa. "The Beautiful Ones" is a song of conundrums and contradictory statements and or actions. Now if that doesn't define the early days of our most favorite couple, I don't know what does. But "I Would Die 4 U" sticks out in a huge way for so many reasons (again you'll see why in a few moments). There are a host of other songs that can describe the tumultuous history of not only Brian and Justin but of our own real life dramas and traumas. So although this is a work of fiction and a catharsis for me to channel everything I feel right now into, it is also a look at what music is SUPPOSED to be about; what it is SUPPOSED to do and ultimately what it is SUPPOSED to make you feel whether it's in a reflective moment or a celebratory one. Prince moved us- one and all- without respect of person. And I for one am grateful!