Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

It was too good to be true. A weekend with no interruptions from their family. It had been next to impossible in the future, why they thought it will be different in this time was anyone’s guess.


It was around 8 on Sunday morning that Justin’s cell-phone starts to ring. The loud and consistent ringtone waking the two men sleeping in after a long night of talking and fucking till they collapsed. Just when they thought the person ringing them gave up as phone went silent, it starts ringing again.


“I’m going to kill whoever that is,” as Brian reach for Justin’s cellphone on the side table as Justin just dove himself deeper into Brian’s chest while pulling a pillow over his head. Without looking at the caller-ID, he pick the call and speaks.


“Kinney”


“Justin? Is that you?”


“Hey Sunshine, it’s dear Daphne”


“Too early”


“Hear it’s on speaker, talk”


“Daphne, why are you calling this fucking early?”


“Justin are you ok? Who was that on the phone just now? And it’s not early the sun is already up and it’s almost nine”


“Nine on a sunday is not time to wake up yet. Why did you call?”


“Before I tell you that. Who was that guy, please don’t tell me you hooked up with a stranger. Have you lost your mind!!”


“I’m hurt Daphne. I thought you had more faith in your friend”


“Brian, shut it. Daph, he is not a stranger. I will tell you about it later, now why did you call?”


“I will hold you that promise. And whoever you are, it is not polite to listen in.”


“A feisty fag-hag. I look forward to meeting you Ms.Chanders. Now why did you wake us up at this god-awful hour?”


“Well your mom called this morning asking to talk to you. I spinned a tale of how you were in the shower but you better call her back. I think she wants to take the entire family out today for some reason, most likely to  finalize the summer plans for both of you.”


“Fuck. Did she talk to your parents to confirm I’m there?”


“Well, I’m sorry but I had to tell them the truth yesterday so they can cover for me. No worries they are cool. My mom’s endless worry about us hooking up decreased dramatically.”


“Well I will call Mom. Maybe we can move the shopping trip to the afternoon. I will just meet up with them near Waterworks. Thanks for the warning. Daph.”


“Don’t forget Mister. I want all of the details later.”


Hanging up the phone, Justin with wide blue pleading eyes turn to look up into Brian’s face, ready to deal with the fallout. Brian seems to be annoyed but not angry which was a good sign.


“Mother Taylor calls and we have to do our duty. Let’s check out then call the ‘rents before going to the art shop. I will drop you off at Daphne’s then I get started on the loft, and maybe catch Ben at Liberty Avenue.”


“Thank you. My semester ends on Wednesday by the way. I think I will get my mom to agree for me to visit my grandparents alone. If you could at least Morrison to draw up the form that allows me to sign legal documents for myself. I can spin some reason for them to sign the document, then we can at least get things ready for my eventual moving from WASP Ville.”


“I’m sure you know to hide your phone from others by now, but rather not risk that asshole finding out. Looking like you are going to go undercover”


“Well, I always want to try my hand at sabotage, this is my chance. Before we wake up, can I tempt you for a morning delight, Mr. Kinney?”


“As long as your mouth is on the menu, Mr. Taylor-Kinney.”


Just when Brian’s hard cock was pounding deep into Justin’s tight butt, the cellphone once again rings. Since Justin was in no condition to take the call, and no matter how much he did not want to, Brian fumbled with the phone with his right hand, not letting his left hand out of Justin’s hand, and put the phone on speaker.


“Kinney”


“Briaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn,” the loud and whiny voice of Michael Novotny come through the phone, loud enough to fill the room without the phone being on speaker.


Luckily, the thrust right before Brian pick up the phone was enough for both of them to simultaneously orgasm, but any chance of round two was done. Not until later, after both of them got over the shock of hearing that loud voice out of their minds. Pulling out of Justin with extreme reluctance, Brian dispose the condom before laying down on the bed, accepting Justin into his arm as the young blonde place his head right of top of his lover’s chest. Placing the cell phone on the pillow with the speaker on, they were ready to deal with the probleme-du-jour of Liberty Avenue.


“Mikey, how did you get a hold of this number? Cynthia knows not to call except for emergency.”


“Well, your secretary is right here. What did you mean how I got a hold of your number? I am your best friend, I should have your number all the time. Why didn’t you pick up your cell all day yesterday? I thought you were dead in a ditch somewhere, you asshole.”


“Because I was in a meeting Mikey, no time to take calls. I told you multiple times that I do not pick up my phone during meeting and I will not be reachable this weekend.  Cynthia, just what part of apocalypse-only emergency is so hard to understand?”


“Sorry Brian. I looked away for a second and Michael have gotten the number off the memo on my desk. ”



“No worries. I know just how relentless he could be. Now Mikey, why did you call? I already told you in person and over the phone that I will be out of reach for what seems to be the hundredth time.”


“But, Brian. I know that you did not mean it. When is there a time that you can’t talk to your best friend of 14 years.”


“Michael. I am in middle of landing a million-dollar worth of account exclusively under my name. The first step for me to accomplish my dream. You are lucky that I was not in middle of a meeting when you called. The client is very temperamental and can change his mind in a minute.”


“But, I went by the loft, my key didn’t work. Why doesn’t my key work? Did something happen that you did not tell me?  I’m your best friend, Brian.”


“Michael, I’m telling you right now, that I am having the locks changed in the loft. There is going to be some work being done in the building so the super had to change it for safety. Now is that all or something else? I have to go back to taking care of what I am doing.”


“Why can’t you talk to me? Brian….what’s that noise….are you…..you are with a trick aren’t you. Instead of a meaningless trick, can’t you talk with your best friend? There is no harm in taking a break, I’m sure you had enough for now.


“Michael. I have always told you there is no such thing as enough. Now, since you know that I am alive and kicking, I’m going back to what I am doing. I will see you soon. Bye, bye Mikey.”


After the call with Michael end by Brian hanging up on him, both Brian and Justin went back to what they were doing. Kissing each other, loving each other, and taking a shower together.


After the shower, they both packed before checking out, then heading to the parking where the Jeep was parked. First, they head to the art-supplies shop with the high-quality brands where Justin pick up the paints, palette and canvas that was needed for the planned collection along with more sketchbooks. There were too many supplies to put away at the loft, so for now, they just ordered the supplies and had it placed on hold. Brian plan on renting a storage bin for all the art supplies, not to mention his loft furniture. If there was going to be renovation, no way was it going to happen with his furnitures still inside. Brian had just paid for all the supplies, except for the sketchbooks and pencils, and knowing it as a lost cause, Justin did not argue. Double checking that the store have the exact number of items they needed in hold, not to mention know the proper handling care, well Justin checked while Brian stood back amused as he watch the employee’s shock at dealing with an innocent-looking child that had knowledge not to mention threats beyond his age. That was JTK, the artist that while reasonable was quite capable of making curators of galleries all over the nation cry if he thought that they were messing with his art.  


Once Justin was satisfied, they left the store and drove back to what people referred to as WASP Ville. Justin got off, at least a block away from Daphne’s then with a deep kiss, and grabbing the new pair of cellphone that Brian had gotten while Justin was arguing with the employee over the dimensions of canvases that they had, he made his way to his best friend’s house, slowly putting on his act of being a 16 year old back.


After dropping off his lover, Brian drives to Ryder. Sure he is in his casual clothes of Diesel jeans and his Hugo Boss leather jacket, but he still made a cutting figure and he walks towards Cynthia’s desk, who looks up and seem to be ready for a tongue-lashing.


“Afternoon, Cynthia. No apologizes for Mikey. Any important updates I need to know?”


“Yes. Nothing from the old accounts. Just Britin Manor called again and said something about meeting up at Linda’s tonight and a trip to Harrisburg confirm for this weekend. Apparently it will take a week before they are back. The jeweller from Friday finished your order and delivered it here. Here is it. Oh, Debbie called asking why Michael seems to be in shock, I told her that he just heard about loft renovation.”


“Well…...thanks for the cover Cynthia. Tell the jeweller thank you for the fast job, also put Britin Manor down as a personal number, put it under Justin and allow him to interrupt anything, from a pitch to a meeting, no restrictions. See you tomorrow then.”


Not wanting to see another dumbstruck face from Cynthia again, he picks up the boxes then heads out of Ryder Advertising, heading back home. Since it was still 2 in the afternoon, he will call the super, ask for available units then if possible call one of his contacts in construction and get a team to get the renovation started. If Justin was going to be away for a week, that will be a perfect time to get the renovations done, not to mention start up all the things he needed to do. He knew the battle against Michael’s obsession was just getting started but if he ekpt busy with all the things he could do, that will be worth it. Tonight, he will go to Linda’s, see some opportunity to get Justin alone, and give him the necklace. Now, who to ask? It was either Ted, Emmett or Vic, but if he want to keep it low, Ted it was, he will just say that it was because of some tax payoff thing. Then swear him into silence, and then getting started on forming Kinnetik and all the other accounts he needs.


As he drove, he called his building’s owner and asked him about available units in the Tremont building. He had the money to pay off his mortgage and buy a unit next door. Renovations will likely to take a week or so. Best to get it all started as soon as he can. Brian will just stay at a hotel during that time.  


Unexpectedly, it seemed like the owner was just trying to sell the building for an extremely low price. Something that he didn’t think had happened before from what he could remember, though he hardly dealt with the owner of the loft in the past. He most likely had not cared even if the owner changed as long as there was no changes to his mortgage or terms of residence. The price for the building was set to less than half the actual worth of that building equivalent to just a few thousands over his mortgage bill. The owner apparently no longer found a property that was a short drive away from Liberty Avenue and right next to the business district, not exactly a family friendly zone that renters look for or potential buyers.  Since he was planning on spending money anyway, and he knows the potential of the building, not to mention making a more larger place as his and Justin’s residence. They will be able to use one of the units as Justin’s studio, and put it as his residence, and with the paper trail, it could be established as Justin’s residence for his emancipation papers. So just over the phone, he bought the Six Tremont building.


Following the purchase of his Tremont building, he calls his loft decorator to ask the names of reliable contractors who could renovate the entire building in an efficient and affordable manner. Turns out that Jerry, his decorator, had a brother, a straight brother, who owned a construction firm, which apparently had a very good reputation since even he had heard of the firm’s name. So he negotiated a deal for renovation by Jerry’s brother Mark and decorating by Jerry for a combined price of 70000. Still affordable with all the money he saved up that I did not spend on bills, shopping or helping with Vic’s meds and Deb’s mortgage, not to mention he planned on making a six-figure bonus soon with his pitch in two weeks. So he sets up an appointment with them for tomorrow night with both Justin and him. He will let Justin know to start planning for their very own mansion when he meets with him tonight. Now, to go home and start typing out all the business plans so that he could get Ted on board.


Having dinner as a family was too weird, when Craig was there. But knowing that he could soon be going to visit his grandparents and get out from the Pitts for a while, he can get through it. At least they were going to an Italian place, and they had large serving size.


When the Taylor family was escorting to their table, he could see a table off to the side, while it was not something that his family will take notice, Justin certainly did. There sitting down having a meal was Brian and what most likely was Ted. Because only he would wear that typical accountant suit, and the way he flip through the papers in front of him was so familiar. He was an artist, and noticing these details had kept him occupied while he was waiting for Brian to finish up his meetings. By chance, they were seated near Brian’s table. He steps to the side, so that his parents will take the seat at the opposite side, so that he could sit down where he could see Brian at his table, without being too obvious. He was thankful that his mother had already agreed for them to visit Harrisburg starting this weekend, and he was not going to approach the topic of his sexuality in a restaurant. No he will wait till all the preparations were done. Then Brian was right that they should not tempt the fates, so no matter what it looks like he will have one more year in the Taylor home to survive. But he had learnt a bit of patience, and as long as he tread carefully, hopefully he will make it to next year without too much of a hassle.


“Are you serious?” Looking out of the corner of his eye, he saw that Ted was in shock. That Peter Pan smirk on Brian’s face meant he had been looking forward to this reaction. It looks like Ted will start to work together with them soon. His skills with accounts and tax will certainly be needed as they get ready to handle the multiple accounts. With Ted already having a successful part-time occupation as Brian’s aide, hopefully it will stop Ted from going down the road of an addict.

 

“Shit.” The little scream that Ted lets out makes all of the patrons look over, where a waiter had spilled soup on Brian’s shoulder. On his Gucci shirt, where there is now a discoloured scream. Ted’s scream and terrified face makes sense. Brain Kinney is a label queen, and to damage his clothes, well that was just asking for payback. But strangely enough, Justin could not see his lover put on his angry face nor his silent mask of no emotion, instead Brian just stood up from his chair, just accepted the apologies of the manager and the employee, and just makes his way towards the bathroom. That side glance at Justin let him know exactly what it was. A distraction for all the restaurant guests, and an excuse for Justin to leave his family’s side and go towards the bathroom where Brain has entered. He waits for a couple of minutes before excusing himself to go to the bathroom. As his father had just noticed a business associate at a nearby table, it was likely that they will not notice his absence for a while.


The moment, he steps into the bathroom, he was swept into a heated make-out session. Brian’s tongue was in his mouth, his hands were opening his flies and pulling down his pants as they quickly made their way towards a stall. Justin’s hands find the back of Brian’s head and runs his fingers through his air. The moment they enter the stall, Justin kicks the stall door shut, and turns to brace himself against the wall, and raise his hips. It didn’t take long, truth was Justin had quickly prepared himself after he left that message about his whereabouts to Cynthia. They had a limited time, there was no time for foreplay. It will be a quick, fast, and hard fuck.


“Fuck, this right here is the best place on earth. You know that?” As his hole was pounded hard, Justin braces himself against the wall but he couldn’t speak. It was not possible with just how wonderful he was feeling.


“Did you know that there were so many heteros and fags looking at your butt as you walk to your table? This ass that is all mine. I can’t wait till the entire fucking Liberty Avenue knows that I have you, and no one will have you.”


“What about you? Do I own you?”


“Yes, you do. Only you own me. Only you.” Then as Brian licks his ear, he was done. His orgasm just hit him so suddenly and he shudders as he feels Brian also let go.


As they slowly get back on their feet, cleaning themselves with tissues. As Justin turn to look at Brian, there was now something in front of his face. A charm. Brina was holding out a charm necklace. The shape of the charm was something that he will recognize anywhere. Golden Gardenias, their wedding flowers. He raise his hands to touch the charm in front of him, and to examine him.


Whoever made it, really knew the metals, they made it both delicate looking but also strong enough that it will not get crushed or broken if someone applied pressure on it. There was something engraved on the back, so Justin turn the charm in his hand. It was an engraving of familiar names. BAK & JTK at the top. Then the phrase “forever and always” in cursive. Then surrounding that at the edge were names. The names of their kids. The legal names of their six kids, not their nicknames. But there were empty spaces throughout the charm, like in the future, they will be able to add names to it.


As his partner just stare at the charm, Brian knew that he will be lost in the art. But he also knew that enough time had passed that someone may come to check up on them. So he takes out the other pair of the charm necklace and fastened it around the neck of his partner in front of him.


“Now, I have collared you, my prince. You are mine now, forever and always.” That seems to get Justin to unfreeze, and now it was him that reach forward and clasp the necklace around Brian’s neck.


“Well, I bounded you to me as well, Mr. Kinney. Guess you are stuck with me forever.” Justin had his Sunshine smile on full force on his face, and Brian just smiles back with his own special Kinney smile.


“Brian, you alright? Should I get you a new shirt or anything?” The door opens and there was Ted entering the bathroom, and just freezing at the sight in front of him. Brian Kinney, the one that he thought of as the antichrist sometimes was smiling. Smiling, with a ruined Armani shirt, with his forehead connected to another smaller man’s forehead. Smiling and he saw a chain around his neck. It was a romantic scene, not a just done fucking scene, though it was obvious that they may have had sex a while ago, if you notice the puckered lips. Was he drunk? Had he drank enough to be hallucinating? But then again, that news of Brian opening up four new accounts was enough for him to questioning his own sanity in return as an accountant.


“Well, look who’s here. Theodore, I suggest you never speak of what you saw ever again if you want to stay alive. Now, Sunshine, meet Ted. Your new accountant and part-time CFO for all companies owned by me or you. Ted, meet Justin Taylor, or as he will be known soon, “JTK”, my partner that will jointly own everything that I have.”


Justin was quick to regain his footing and greeted a silent Ted, but knowing that it will not be long before his family comes looking for him, he quickly left the bathroom. But not before he heard Ted’s reply of “I need to get drunk.”

 

As he walks out, he quickly hid the necklace beneath his shirt, his entire being filled with happiness. In terms of technicality, he had just gotten married. In a bathroom at an Italian restaurant, they had exchanged their own vows, and in lieu of rings, had exchanged charm necklaces. He is the luckiest gay man in the world. Their children, the children of Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor in the past and the ones that they will gain in this redo will be blessed with the most wonderful loving Daddy. He can’t wait to see the faces of his birth family and the Liberty gang when they eventually find out that Brian Kinney, the Stud of Liberty Avenue had gotten married to a blonde twink that just become legal. The spectacle was something to look forward. Poor Ted had frozen with just an affectionate scene. He wonders what will be the scene when the news that the Stud had been officially tied down will spread.