Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

A LONGER CHAPTER!!! 

What happens when they wake up after the time travel?

Edited on May 3rd 2016

"Ahh..", Justin Taylor shoot up from his bed, screaming his lungs out, and with a wild look in his eyes looking around his surroundings frantically. 'Where was this, this is not our house. I don't remember going to a hotel tonight….Brian!...where is he?..Brian…Brian'

 

Taking in a few long breaths that he learnt to get his panic attacks in control many years, he slowly hold and release his breath. Even though the panic attacks did not happen often these days, he will never forget these methods that Brian went over and over with him in the past. Finally he got his heart to calm down and start to look around his surroundings, blinking rapidly to get rid of the haze around his sight. The last thing he remember was the feeling of being engulfed into darkness and his vision slowly going away. The face of his lover of 40 years slowly blurring further and further from him.

 

He was in a bed. Instead of being in the Corvette, he was in a bed. A small single bed, but not at an hospital because there was no signs of white or medical instruments around him. Instead this room looked a lot like the room in his childhood before he met Brian. Age appropriate drawings on his blue painted walls and the desk in the room had his messenger bag on it. His uniform was on the hanger close to the laundry basket in the room. This was the room of Justin Taylor before he was out of the closet, when he hid his true self. Fighting down the panic coming form his gut, he look around the room for a calender. If he was really back in time and not just having a nightmare, he had to find the desk calendar that he used to keep close to his bed at this age based on what he can remember. Closing his eyes tightly to fight off the killer headache that he now seem to be have with the imminent anxiety, he reach forward for the desk calender. Making sure to only look ahead and never at his body because the panic will consume him if he did not rationalize his situation right now before he sees what he look like at this moment.

 

The small generic calendar from his parent's country club showed that it was the month of June in 1999. Fucking hell, it was more than a year before he met Brian in November of 2000. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, he was 16. A teenager at the legal age of consent thankfully. But he knew that he looked like a kid, was a kid in the eyes of others. Thanks to the wonders of genes, he had always been a baby-face that even when he was 30, he still looked like 20 and was mistaken quite often to be younger than his real age in the people he met in the future. Oh god, he was back in time. He time travelled back to 1999 from 2040. He was 16, in the closet, living in the house of his homophobic father, went to a private school that had closet homophobia, and most importantly he had not met Brian yet. Brian did not even know that he exist back in this time. The sudden realizations were just too much. He didn't want to be back to this time where he hid and did not have his Brian with him. He want to be back with his husband and children celebrating their anniversary at the party before the night of hot passionate sex. Reaching for the covers at his feet, he pull it over his eyes and just close his eyes wishing to wake up from this nightmare and find himself back in 2040.

 

The constant ring of the alarm woke him up from his peaceful dream of a Sunday morning at Britin. The constant pip-pip ringing at this awfully early hours in the morning was annoying so he reach out with his hands towards the alarm clock and push the button at the top to stop it. Stumbling out of the bed he walk towards the bathroom on autopilot.

 

When he splash his face with cold water, he look up into the mirror and just stand still looking at the reflection. His image was the proof that he did not dream up that early wake-up, he time travelled back into the time when he was 16. His face was once again young. No sign of faint laughing lines on his face, his cheeks still displaying some baby fat and no need for reading glasses, his vision was once again perfect. His hair was short all around, there was no sign of any tattoo on his skin. He was also wearing PJs. Lounging pants with a plain shirt was his nightwear when he wore one. Fuck, he was a kid. A jail-bait who Brian will not even go near, never mind approach him for sex. Shit. Shit Shit. But giving up was not in his dictionary and he will never give up Brian nor stop loving him. He will get him back, he did it before and he will do it again. He will stalk that arrogant but beautiful asshole and make him realize that he can love and be loved in return and that love, true love does not include a payment to be given in return.

 

First step was to get his body back. Turn from a jail-bait into the body of a young man of a good fashion sense. Starting from his hair. He will grow it out, no matter any objections that his mother, oh god his mother when she was young, will raise or the suggestions to cut it. The longer hair will frame his body structure to make him look older. Besides, Brian loved his long hair, loved to tug on it during a blowjob or run his fingers through it. He will style it this time, not just be the unkempt grown hair before his stint with the Pink Posse. The hair style during the non-wedding breakfast would be the best, conservative enough for his mother but suit his and his lover's taste. Second was working out. He could not gain gym membership without his parent's notice but he could start working out at home with yoga and calisthenics to work on his core and enhance his muscles. Maybe go on a run around the park, or the neighbourhood. If anyone ask, again likely his parents, he would just say that it was to stay fit, bet his father would love any sign of him adding a jock's habit to his routine. Third was his wardrobe. Leaving his school uniform, he will separate the clothes that he own into categories:club, painting, home, professional, and hideous. He clearly remember that his last growth spurt has already occurred and his sizes were the same as his adult sizes were...no will be in the future. He had to fix his tenses now before he slip in public, another thing on his list.

 

 

But the most important thing was to go about his life without anyone finding out that inside this 16 year old body was the soul and mind of a 57 year old. A man who lived through all the challenges of life, had managed to make a long-distance relationship work, had a long-term relationship of 40 years without ever officially breaking up with his partner, and was raising six children of various age, race and sexuality without any major trouble that he and his partner could not handle. God, he missed his family but he had to man up, or as Brian said...will say 'have some balls', and stand up for himself and walk forward in order to once again live his life with his wonderful partner and their beautiful children.

 

The sounds of people walking up and down the stairs reach his ears. His birth family was up. To them, he could not appear different just a typical teenager born to the country club set. Straight and confident. Picturing the faces of his family, his true family with Brian, in his mind, he took a deep breath then went about getting ready for his day. Assuming that it was a weekday since he had on his alarm, he will have to wear the hated uniform but he had no choice.

 

But first he need to pass on the first test that the higher power set for him. On exiting the bathroom, he saw Molly, his younger sister by 10 years, in her 7 year-old-self, walking towards him. This was the start of the biggest acting performance he will ever give. Act 16 when you are 57. But Justin Fucking Taylor Kinney does not take anything lying down and always emerge young and beautiful no matter what challenges life throw at hi.

 

Clearing his throat, he call out his daily greetings of "Morning, Mollusk".

 

"Morning, Juster. Wow, you look ugly today."

 

"Well, thank you so much. Know what day of the week it is?"

 

"You are such a dork, Juster. It's Friday and you were going to spend this weekend with Daph at her house. Bet you also forgot that, wow you are so lame."

 

After years of dealing with females, especially his sister, he did not even rise to that challenge and simply walk back to his room waving to his sister.

 

It was a Friday so at least he will have the weekend to get used to this clusterfuck. 1999, god that was sophomore year. But good thing about private schools, at least at St. James was that your schedule was usually the same through your years of high school. Friday was English, break, calculus, lunch, study hall, then art. It was the same in his junior and senior year. He used to spend all those breaks to catch up with Daphne or call Brian or the gang to get updates or plan a meet-up. Also the weekend with Daphne was a bonus. If he want some of his sanity, he need a confidant and who better than his best friend since he was 4, to come out. Since it was also June, there was probably a week or two left before summer break. Once he do research, he will plan a way to figure out a solution to all the problems he had in the future. Maybe get a job for a studio space, he need to put his thoughts on paper, need to draw his family, draw Brian so that he could remain some sort of connection with him. But first he had to face today, then he will use the weekend to put down a concrete plan.

 

After dressing up in that dreaded uniform with the ugly tie, he walk around grabbing his art supplies, checking his bag for his books and any other thing he needs. Out of the corner of his eye, there is a flash and there sitting on his bedside table was a Nokia. An older brand of cellphones after the smartphones will come to the market but still reliable and new at this point in time so he go ahead and grab it. When he flip the cell cover to check the battery, a conversation from over 15 years ago came to his mind. Lying in bed with Brian, talking about time travel between fuck sessions, he had made a plan that Brian agreed with. A plan that involved him tracking down Brian at work and calling to leave a message from Britin Manor about an anniversary party. Even if there was a small chance he had to try. He will use one of the breaks at school to call Ryder Advertising. If Brian was also back in this time, he will call but as always in their relationship, he had to take the initiative so that Brian knew that he will be welcomed. Maybe Brian really was here, and he will not have to go through this alone. He could see him faster than wait more than a year. It was a fool's hope, but he will hold onto it till it was not proven wrong because the thought of not seeing Brian for more than a year was too dreadful when he was used to being with him everyday.

 

With a mental reminder to act like a teenager and 'I love you' to Brian and his children in his head, a routine in the future when the first thing after the morning greetings was the words of love, and he will continue this as a reminder to never forget his goal, though there was never any chance of him forgetting it, he want to hold his family in his arms so much that it ache but he will have to wait for them to meet again. Walking down the stairs, he walk towards the kitchen where he could hear the voices of his parents, the father who disowned him and the mother who supported him and had grown to love her son-in-law, talking about their plans for the day.

 

Entering the kitchen was similar to entering a Twilight zone instead of entering a room that his family was in. There wasn't any smell of expensive coffee in the room, no sight of two pitchers of milk, one whole and the other soy, and there was no circular table with eight chairs with various coloured cushions, These were the things that defined the kitchen at Britin, this was the house of his married parents. This kitchen had a proper dining table with table settings with signs of wealth throughout the house, and there was no leather furniture in his sight.

 

Making sure to put on his moody & sleepy face that he always seemed to have in the morning when he was a kid. He enter the kitchen of his childhood home where his mother, sister and FATHER was eating their breakfast. Making sure that his WASP-teenager mask was firmly in place, he enters the room, first heading towards his mother to kiss her good morning and calling out his greetings to his father. He quickly grab a bowl and cereal before sitting down on the dining room table to have his breakfast. Making sure to look like he was busy eating, he quietly observes his family. The sight of the loving father of childhood was causing his heart to hurt and until the ache becomes more manageable he can't trust his voice.

 

Glancing at the clock, it said the time was close to 8 so he quickly finish his meal, grab his messenger bag, say goodbye to his birth family, reminding them of his plans with Daphne on his way out. Walking down the block, he heads to the Chanders residence where he could see Daphne waiting for him by her car. He had always gotten a ride from her to school since she got a license and a car till he moved in with Brian in the past...no will when he will see his Brian once again. The tenses were going to cause him lots of problems and was going to a shit to deal with. Maybe, Brian was also here in this time. He could always talk freely with him. God, even if there is no way it is possibly, I will make that call. You have to chase after a Kinney till they chase you back, a fact in his edited copy of Kinney Operating Manual. Seeing the young and innocent Daphne was causing him more pain, she hadn;t met any of the challenges of life and was so young. Even if it was a foolish wish and likely to crush his hope, Ryder Advertising will be getting a call from Britin Manor today to leave a message for Mr. Brian Kinney. If Brian was not here, then he will just see him again in a year, and till them will try his fucking best to not to draw his image down on paper to always remember him.

 


 

Opening his eyes and looking through the haze, Brian Kinney turned his head towards his window where the bright morning sunshine was coming into his loft. Loft...Sunshine, those words woke him up and he looked around. This was not his loft, the converted loft that hosted the showcase studio of Brian and Justin's best works with a meeting place with important clients and reporters. This loft looked the ultimate fag pad he had in the past with the platform bed and expensive furniture. Did he buy a loft then have it decorated in the image of his youth because of some sentimental shit that Justin said to him? But he did not remember buying any properties recently. No matter the location, the strangest fact was that there was no sign of Justin at this place.

 

"Justin, where the fuck are you? Shit, this bitch of a headache. No time for hide and seek Sunshine, where in the world are we? Did you buy a loft without telling me ? How did we get here last night? Hey Sunshine, where are you?" Continuing to walk out of the bedroom area , he look around the loft through the haze in his vision which he was trying to get rid of by blinking rapidly. Once he see where he is, with his vision restored, he just stood in shock by what he see around him. This was not his home with his husband. This was the bachelor pad of his youth before he met his blonde. There was no sight of the deluxe coffee maker in his kitchen, there was only one desk and there was no sight of any on Justin's art supplies. Shit, he was back in time, but he will not fucking believe it till he see the truth with his own fucking eyes. Till then this was just a hallucination. Taking deep breath, he walk to the bathroom and look at himself in the full length mirror. As he walk there he try to drown out the voices that was questioning how strange it was that he did not feel any sign of laugh lines nor the fact that his lung was so clear, this was just a dream till he got proof. If his body was the body of a younger man, then it really meant that he time travel to the fucking past where he gad a great lifestyle but no Sunshine or love in his life.

 

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. This was real, he was back in time. His face was young, his brown hair in a short style befoer he launched Kinnetik. There was no sign of any scar or feeling of in-balance near his judging by his naked reflection. His muscles were powerful and lean and he had no jewellery on his person: his wedding ring nor the charm bracelet made by his children given on Father's day a couple of years ago. Fuck, why was he back in his era as Stud of Liberty Avenue when he did not have his family. When Sunshine and all of his children was not with him. It didn't matter, no matter who screw with him, he was Brian Fucking Kinney, the husband of Justin Taylor Kinney, father of six wonderful children and the CEO of Kinnetik Inc. Nothing will stop him from gaining back his family, from getting his Sunshine back to where he belongs at his side and in his life. But, first he need a shower to clear his head.

 

Coming out of the shower with a towel around his waist and drying his hair with another towel, he feels the warm rays of the sun on his skin as his headache finally disappears. They were in an accident. His baby was crushed on both sides on the interstate by a truck and a van and he was bleeding. Justin was loosing consciousness and he was trying to keep him awake while also fighting against the darkness trying to consume him. Fuck, the look of love and fear in Justin's eyes was so much alike to that night. The memory overload was enough for him to lean against the wall while his legs will be strong enough. In the end it didn't matter. No matter what the reason was for this freaking time travel just the thought of Justin being alive and safe was enough. And his kids. Those children that he thought he could never love but he loved with his entire soul, at least they will be spared burying both of their parents at the same time. From becoming orphans. Their youngest was just five, too young to lose his daddies. He did not believe completely in God since he was a child, but he was thankful for whatever high-power that saved his family from this pain and agony. And in this second chance, he will not screw up. He will remain true to only his family, his husband and his children, and fuck anyone who tries to even come between him and them no matter who they were. He will protect them. He will earn so much money that they will never have to be scared and he will gain his kids' Papa back so they will have both their fathers.

 

"I love you forever and always." Repeating aloud the same parting words he gave his family in the mornings for so many years in the future, he stand up and with a determined stride walk to his closet to get dressed. To make accurate plans and find where Justin was, he need a date. Sadly, no device with an accurate date was in his loft, only thing he knew was that it was June based on the desk calendar near his computer. To gain proper information, he need to get dressed in his power Armani suit and go to the Liberty Diner. It did not matter what day, month, or years it was, to get up to date information you need to go to the Liberty Diner.

 


 

Getting a hold of the Pittsburgh phone book was easier than he thought. In his English class, the teacher had assigned them to write a journal article on a monument of Pittsburgh and include interviews, photos and historical background with it as their final project. To gather information on their chosen site, they need to call them, and in the age when the search engine was not as useful as it will be, it was up to the phone books to provide information. Picking up a copy from the front of the room, he turn to the advertisement firm section and found Ryder's main line. Writing it down on his notebook, he flip the page and went back to getting the information on the restaurants near Mt. Washington, his topic. He loved the food in any of those restaurants and it was a place that his entire family could eat their personal favourites together, not to mention the great views from the window.

 

During the 15 minute break before Calculus, he walk out the building and sat at one of the benches near the trees before taking out his Nokia cellphone and dialing Ryder's number from the paper he noted on during English.

 

"Good Morning, this is Ryder Advertising. How am I help you this morning?" Finally after many ring tones someone pick up. Making his voice deeper to sound older, he start to speak.

 

"Hello, is Mr. Kinney available at the moment?"

 

"He is currently in the office but he is in a meeting. Who should I say called and would you like to leave a message for him?"

 

"Yes, I would like to leave a message. Please tell that Justin Taylor from Britin Manor called him to enlist his services."

 

"Mr. Taylor, if you are interested in our advertising service, I will be happy to redirect your call to another adman in our firm."

 

"No, that is not necessary. I am only interested in Mr. Kinney's. Relay a message to him that Britin Manor called about their 40th anniversary. It is spelled B-R-I-T-I-N. If he asks which number to call back, tell him to call the Old Saint cell number. That would be appreciated."

 

"Yes sir. I have written the following down: Mr. Taylor from Britin, with an I, 40th anniversary, and Old Saint cell number to Brian Kinney. Is that all, Mr. Taylor?"

 

"Yes, thank you and have a good day Ms..."

 

"It's Harring, sir"

 

"Then, have a good day Ms.Harring."

 


 

Liberty Avenue did not change. It was still colourful, filled with fags, dykes, drag queens and lots of rainbow in site. June was the month of PRIDE but the fact that there were no booths being set up meant that PRIDE has already passed. His vehicle was a Jeep, obviously worked with Ryder, easy fact as Jeep was the company car of Ryder and no Justin meant no need for the purchase of Corvette. But remembering the car accident, how can he ever forget another time that Justin was so close to death, this time he would buy his Corvette with another vehicle with high security ratings. Safety with luxury should be his motto for purchases from now. Parking in the street, he gets out of the Jeep and walk towards the diner, pulling on his 'no-emption Kinney' face on.

 

He immediately sees Michael in his Big Q uniform, Emmett in his colourful ensemble of pink and teal, and Theodore in his cheap clothing of his accountant days in their favourite back booth. Making his way towards them, he mentally plans to get the most amount of information possible. The most important one, which date in June was it and in which year, how much time was there before November, 2000 when Gus was...no will be born and Justin will be under that lamp waiting for him.

 

"Good Morning Mikey, Honeycutt, Theodore."

 

"Brian," there was whiny Michael, who never grew out of that habit even in the future nor his habit of constantly checking up on him at random point of the day, "where were you last night, you didn't come to Woody's or Babylon, and why did you not pick up your phone this morning? I was worried about you."

 

"Mikey, no need to channel Deb's mother-hen, something came up last night and I was taking care of it at home."

 

"Yeah, his dick. I bet you found a hot trick to take care of it, maybe you saw him as soon as you went out last night."

 

"Why Theodore, jealous? Accountants maybe the 'in' factor soon. Why don't you hit the backroom tonight yourself or maybe go to the Baths, get that hard and frustrating need taken care of. So should all of you, all those dished that you can get as soon as you step on to the floor. So do any of you old queens know when those PRIDE posters will be taken down from the streets of Liberty Avenue? No reason to remember that disaster of showcase more than necessary."

 

"How could you say that about the Pride Brian. Govida was absolutely fabulous this year and the march was even more wonderful, all those fantastic colours. It hasn't been even an entire week since then and you are already complaining? Let me tell you Mr. No-Taste, the last PRIDE of this century will always be remembered. We will be entering the new century, no one will forget the last hurray of the century. And, don't call me Honeycutt."

 

Good old Emmett, getting to the heart of the matter, a queen that had its moments of insight. His little speech gave Brian all the information he need. Govida died in 2001 so it was before that, but since Emmett clearly stated as last PRIDE of the century, it meant he was in 1999 and it was after June 12. He also knew that it was near the end of the week as Mikey was waiting for breakfast with no sign of anxiety meaning that it was not the weekends when Big Q had their discounts. Gods, the things that you could know because of actions of others, a skill that he utilized to be the best adman and later used when he was running Kinnetik. Justin was the only one who knew how he knew so much about others and understood his silence or his roaming eyes over a crowd. Fuck, he miss him, but he will be back and this time no Mikey, fiddler nor the art world, the munchers and all the others will make him leave, and either will Hobbs hurt him. 1999 meant that he had more than a year before their first meeting. Plenty of time for him to secure their future.

 

Now it was necessary to find out the exact day of the week then he will find the date by looking at the calender. The diner's pink plate special will do that. Years of coming to the diner as well as insight from Justin's working experience let him know that the cook always had a pattern of rotating the pink plate special based on the day of the week. Bacon means Wednesday, a burger means Thursday and eggs means it is Friday. A flash of red let him know that Debbie has start to walk towards them and he will get his answers soon. The sight of the redhead made him feel so nostalgic, Debbie had to retire few years after the munchers went to the North and was a missed presence at the diner. But she was still a hot head with a fiery temper that was the Mother of Liberty Avenue and it was a tragedy when she finally passed away with a silent heart attack. To see her alive and bursting with life was another proof that he was back and he had a chance to make things right.

 

"Good morning boys. What would you like? The cook decided that egg omelette with tomatoes and mushrooms will be the special today. Why the heck can't we keep it the same is something I can't fucking understand. Did all you boys had fun last night, met anyone, never mind the asshole, I'm sure he had his share."

 

"Oh, Maw. You know me so fucking well. Just the usual on the go. Sadly it seems that your wish to meet your son's date will once again go unfulfilled, it seems all of them were alone last night."

 

"Quit being such a shit, Brian. Just a BLT sandwich today, Ma. I have to hurry to my shift afterwards but I will get off early. Want to go out together tonight, Brian? What about you guys, Em, Ted?"

 

"Oh Sweetie, I'm sorry but I got a spa appointment after work. But I will see you at Babylon tonight. May I have blueberry pancakes with a milkshare, Deb? Thank you"

 

"Of course you can Honey. What about you Ted?"

 

"The pink plate special, please Deb"

 

"Alright then. Pancakes for Emmett, special for Ted, BLT for my boy and the usual turkey sandwish for the asshole. Let me put the order in."

 

"Brian, Ted what about tonight? Woody's then Babylon?"

 

Before Ted could reply, I start to talk. I need to work on a plan and so way can I sit and relax here at this diner or spend time with them when my mind is a mess nor go out.

 

"Sorry Mikey but can't meet tonight. Got to go away on a business trip to Chicago. Won't be back till Monday. A big shot client to score so I will not be taking any of your calls this weekend. Unlike all of you I have to land this billion dollars before any other fucker so no time to check up or play. You boys have fun at Babylon, get yourself laid so your life will be worth it. Deb, where's my fucking order? I got a meeting with the idiotic art department to get to."

 

"Geez, hold your horses asshole. Here is your highness's order." As Deb stood in front of me as she did so many times in the past, but did not to for over 15 years, my fucking feelings got hold of me. Wrapping her into a hug and a kiss on her cheek with "I love you, Maw" I took the bag and rush out. No need to stay for the tears nor the interrogation that will happen once all the Diner unfroze.

 

As he sat in his Jeep, his feeling once again well up. The despair of having to wait more than a year for his lover. The sadness that to Justin, he will just be one fantastic fuck was starting to depress him. Justin's love was a gift. His love was not something that he did not think he deserved it at all but was given in the future. It was not something that he will gain so simply again. So if he want his family back, his husband and his children all together in front of him, he will have to give the greatest pitch of his life to Justin to make him want to stay with him and love him. And for the pitch to have the things that Justin desires and deserves, this next year will be preparation for his future.

 

First thing was to make money. Money was the necessary thing to get all of the things that he will need. Making money was like a hobby and using his knowledge of the future, he can make millions in this month alone. Ted had to be sworn to silence and then get him to manage all the money in a profitable fashion. Second was to pay off the mortgage on the loft, his bonuses that he had saved for this year should be enough, he will pay it off by this afternoon. All that saved money for the mortgages can be for an art studio for Justin, Cynthia should be able to supply him with possible locations.

 

Justin should be able to have the best of everything and have the studio he needs with a meeting area and display wall for potential clients. He will have Cynthia start looking into trends in the art world, the names of best agents along with the studio location. He was not losing Justin to New York this time. It will be New York that will have to travel to get a piece of Justin's art. All those years of experience that Brian possesses will be used to turn Justin into the most wanted artist if he had any fucking say in it. No agent or curator will go against Justin's wishes like that first agent that Justin got in New York in the future who pushed him too far that Justin had collapsed in his studio. Malnutrition due to the constant urging by his agent to produce that also put more strain on his hand was the cause. After that he had monitored Justin himself in their time to make sure that he was not pushing himself and staying healthy. God the revenge he got on that agent barely satisfied him. Sure he had fired her and ruined her name in the art community but it did not matter much in the end.

 

And, look more into parental rights because no way was he ever going to lose his right towards Gus again, it did not matter what the munchers want, Gus will have a legal father figure that will be there for him and no one can keep his Sonny Boy away especially the munchers. It was the beginning of 1999 that Lindsay's campaign for pregnancy by Kinney sperm started in the past that he remember so he will have to get to it along with everything else.

 

"Hell will be created for anyone that hurt a Kinney's family" was the motto of Brian Kinney, the husband and father, and that motto will be kept in this new time and that was a promise that he will always keep. In order to keep that promise, he now has to go to work, handle the mess made by the art department and make plans for solutions to all the possible problems that he will encounter if he want to secure his and Justin's future.

 


 

Fuck that was a hard phone call to make. But that confirmed the fact that Brian Kinney exist in this world, and if it was his husband, he will call, as he never broke a promise. He could feel the stare of Daphne on his face from across the room. Calculus class was about to finish and at lunch Daphne will be right in his face to find what made him nervous. As soon as the bell rings, Daphne was in front of his desk as he pack up his supplies,, staring at him with a determined look in her eyes. As they walk towards the cafeteria, Daphne begins to talk immediately.

 

"Ok, Justin. I have known you since you were four, I can tell when you are being secretive, spill before I bring your mom into this," that was his best friend Daphne Chanders speaking as she look straight into his eyes demanding answers. Pulling himself together, he smile in the sincerest way possible, and start talking.

 

"You cannot speak about the time travel" was a rule that he learnt through the various movies he viewed on this subject over the years but he could come out of the closet to her himself rather than letting her assume. He want to avoid the drama surrounding her first time this time. If she knew his sexuality from when they were 16, Daphne will most likely never ask that of him. Besides he need a supporter and Daphne has always been one of his greatest supporters. To survive the period of waiting till his life begins in a year's time, he need someone to know and be able to share his true self with, at least in terms of his sexuality, and that someone was Daphne whom he always trusted and he will at least be able to express a part of his true self, the part that was not on reserve for Brian and their children.

 


 

Just two hours into his day in the office and Brian Kinney had reached a conclusion. No matter what time it was, he was always surrounded by idiots in some way. Expect for a few, all the Ryder/future Vanguard employees could not understand the most simplest instruction that should have been common sense. What part of changing the background to another colour or making sure to not mention the poor state of the client's business because of poor management during the pitch was hard to understand. God did he miss his Kinnetik and their carefully chosen employees that had brains and talents. Just looking at what he work with right now made him want to smoke. Unfortunately on the drive over to the office, he had decide to quit smoking as he want to be around for a long time and avoiding future health problems because of something that he could avoid. Also on the plan was to cut back on his drugs and drinking for the same reason of future health risks. He also had to start cancer screenings soon so if possible he could avoid the cancer and keep get both his balls this time. Most importantly he want to fuck Justin, fuck him raw from the very first time. When they had given up condoms in the future after Justin came back from New York, it was beyond a-mazing and the sex was truly more than he had imagined and he want to experience that from the beginning. Every time, he look at the men today, he got no desire for them, all of them were nothing compared to his Sunshine and no way was he going to share him again with the masses of gay community.

 

At the sound of a knock on his office door, he turn his chair to face towards then give the permission to enter. It was Cynthia, her hand full of paperwork and other materials.

 

"Brian, here are the nicotine gum you asked for. I got the best brand that I knew. Are you trying to quit? Anyway, I have the listings of any property available right now in Pittsburgh that is in a quiet neighbourhood with low crime rates, with lots of natural light or good lighting system that is already furnished with only a few furniture. The order for cheap cargo pants and shirts from Old Navy and Gap has been sent and they said that it will be delivered to the loft in two of three days. Want to tell me the sudden change to quit smoking and look for property or get clothes with no label in sight?"

 

"No need for you to know Cynthia. Keep the gum on stock and keep on updating that property listing, price is not an issue and put all the papers in that yellow tray I put over there. So any updates on the actual shit that I need for the pitches? Have the idiots in this building done want I asked them to or do I need to go and supervise every step for them to do anything?"

 

"Gum and update on property listing is in. The art department are still working on the changes to the board and the sales staff are revising their pitch to make sure they do not have any insult towards the client included."

 

"Well keep me updated on the progress. Any more meeting today except with the jeweller in the afternoon to review the results of last quarter's advertisement?"

 

"That's it for client meetings but you have a meeting with the art department for next week's pitch. Also a call to confirm the meeting with the potential Tires account is confirmed for Wednesday. The new electronics store in the Bloomfield that we signed last week also called about when they can view the boards."

 

"Tires for next Wednesday, tell the art guy assigned to that account to see me after the department review to get a rough board put together. Also, call back that electronics store and tell them that the boards will be ready sometime next week. Anything else?"

 

"Well there was a strange call for you, at least it was weird according to Caroline, the receptionist. Apparently, a young caller from a manor called about their 40th anniversary party."

 

The word '40th anniversary' was a signal that cause him to sit up in his chair and actually turn to look at Cynthia. During one of their talks, Justin said that he will call him to set up a meeting if they ever travel back. It has been over ten years but he remembered it now. Maybe, it was Justin who called, maybe his Sunshine was here. Trying to not look too eager, he turn his piercing gaze towards Cynthia who wore a confused expression on her face. Not surprising as it was not everyday that he actually look at her when she was delivering messages. Looking at her with his sharpest stare, he ask "which manor was that call from?"

 

"Ah, yes," as Cynthia snap out of her confusion and turn her attention to the notes in her hand. He made sure not to look away from her. If that call was from Britin, which meant that Justin, his husband was here then he will personally make sure that his church-loving mother will send a prayer of thanks to God tonight. If his Justin was here then it was a blessing from the universe no matter how much he did not want to believe in God. Finally Cynthia look up and spoke.

 

"The call was from Britin Manor, I never heard of it but apparently the caller was very picky about the spelling. That it was B-R-I-T-I-N. Do you know them? If you are interested, would you like me to call them back for you?"

 

"No need for that Cynthia. I will do that myself," and there was that look of confusion and shock, well he did just offer to call a client himself that was unknown to her, "did they mention which number to call back?"

 

"Yes, the Old Saint number," was Cynthia's response after she quickly recovered from her shock, That was the reason he liked her. Her ability to handle surprises with a calm head. "Also could you book a suite at Spring Hills starting tonight at 8 for the entire weekend. Make sure that it is a suite with a King sized bed with only discrete staff attending to it and once again cost is no problem. Pass around the message that I will be away this weekend on a personal business and will not be accepting any calls nor replying to emails, if any of the gang calls tell them that that I am away on a business trip even if I am here till I talk to them myself, put all calls from Michael on voice-mail starting from Monday if he wants to talk, I will answer my cell. Keep me updated on the actions of the idiots in this agency." After once again, sending me a confused look that was now mix with a hint of worry, Cynthia walk back to her desk. Can't blame her, I was acting in a weird way and actually said to lie to Michael and block his access.

 

Once she was out, I close my door and draw the blinds before I let the smile break out across my face. My Sunshine was here, he was here back in this time, and actually want to go through all the life's shit together with me when he could have chosen a new beau with this new life. I got my Sunshine back. Now, they will be hell to pay for anyone trying to break me away from him and there will be no reason for him to suffer. After spending 40 years together, I can give him all the ridiculous romance he wants and with occasional discussion about feelings there will be no reason for him to leave me ever again. My gorgeous and loving husband Justin Taylor Kinney will always be my side where he belongs and he will face this new life together.

 


 

When his cellphone rang during his study hall, he would have ignore it but the unknown caller ID, made him think about the possible call from Brian so he pick it up.

 

"Taylor"

 

"Kinney" God, that was the voice of Brian Kinney when he was at his most sexiest, all deep voices with slower delivery, the way that their phone calls always started. But it was too much to hope, he need proof before he can relax. Before he knew that the most important focal point of his universe knew him and remembered all those years together.

 

"Brian, Brian is that really you?" Trying not to let the hope enter into his voice too much, he spoke in a whisper.

 

"It's me Sunshine, stop being a sentimental twat."

 

"Shut up, I am allowed to a little twat at a time like this"

 

"Yes, we all have to make sure that little Sunshine is allowed to display his lesbian side. Welcome to the wonderful world of time-travel. What have you planned for your first day at your second life?"

 

"You fucking asshole, God this is just like you. How in the world are you not freaking out?"

 

"Well Sunshine, why the queen-out when you got your wish? No need to worry, we will have our family with our children again, so let us enjoy our youth once again." That was his husband trying to look insensitive but showing his love. This was Brian, the Brian who solved other people's problems but hardly got appreciation back that he deserved. Who had so much love to give him and their children, who laughed and played on the floor with their kids while complaining about his designer pants when he did not care about them at all.

 

"God, I miss you so much, you have no idea what I am going through right now. Do you know I am sixteen, fucking sixteen. I have to wait for more than a year to go down Liberty, do you know that? Fuck, I need to see you. I just saw you die, Brian. I need to know that I am not dreaming."

 

"I miss you too, Justin. I need to see you soon too. You fell asleep on me Sunshine, I need to have an absolute proof. I will see you soon, I promise. Now take deep breathes and tell me what you are doing this evening?"

 

"Spending the weekend with Daphne."

 

"Well how anout ditching the fag hag for the weekend and come back to the place where you belong. Right next to your stud."

 

"And how are you going to get me to you Mr. Kinney. I will not go without incentives."

 

"You have demands, Mr. Justin Taylor Kinney. Well how does these incentives sound. Tonight once you escape from hetero-WASPs, you come to Spring Hills Suites, where there is a suite waiting for you under our name at eight booked for the entire weekend."

 

"A private getaway from breeder paradise, what else?"

 

"There is unlimited room services with excellent service staff. A ban on all communications from outside except the number of your parents, no calls from the Liberty gang nor any work."

 

"You sold me at no outside interruptions with food. But where are you in this arrangement you made Mr. Kinney?"

 

"Oh I will be in you for sure. Every second of the time, I will be there, reminding you of who you truly are. And in between we can make future plans so we enjoy our self with the maximum of pleasure and get through all the life's shit with minimum of bullshit attached."

 

"Well, I would love to have unrestricted access to Brian Kinney so I will make arrangements to meet you at Spring Hills for this weekend. Promise me that I will have you in me all night."

 

"That is a promise that I will have no problem keeping up."

 

"Are you sure you can keep up?"

 

"It seems like a little bottom boy needs to be taught a lesson. No worries on my account, just get your blonde bubble butt ready for me."

 

"Well I can't wait, follow through on all your plans and you will have a satisfied client"

 

"Don't let me keep you from your preparations. I will see you tonight." Justin knew that he had to rush to his art class but he cannot end a call with his husband without their customary exchange at end of their calls. This exchange will prove that this was his Brian to both his mind, heart and soul.

 

"I love you Brian"

 

"I love you too Sunshine"

 

"Later, stud"

 

"Later, princess."

 


 

For the rest of the day, both time travellers went through their day, just wishing for time to hurry till they could once again see their lover again.

 

Justin went to Daphne's from school, gain a promise from her to help him go away to a support group weekend for closeted gay teens, not wanting to tell her that he will be meeting his lover that was 28. He made sure that such a support group actually exist and was having a meeting this weekend. After gaining her promise, he went to his house, packing up a carry-on bag with his art supplies, two sexy outfits, his school uniform and took that with his school bag and cellphone and called a cab from at least two blocks from his house to take him to Spring Hills.

 

Brian on the other hand, went back to his work. Going through the meetings with the art department, going over future pitches with those assigned to various accounts. He made a call to his mother, who was skeptical as to why he called but when he told her to offer a thank you for your blessing prayer to God on his behalf, he could feel her satisfaction on making him pay attention to God. Sadly for Saint Joan, this will most likely be the last time.

 

He also answered a call from Michael after he left several messages on his cell and with Cynthia. He kept the conversation short not listening to Michael's rant about how rude it was that his 'best' friend decide to go away without informing him with more notice. Rather than listen to the entire rant, he simple said that it was a very important last minute trip worth billions and that he will not be answering calls or replying to emails. If there was an absolute emergency he can call him on Old Saint Number after talking to Cynthia.

 

At the meeting with the jeweller in the afternoon, the client who was so grateful to him, that he offered to make a personalized jewellery for him for half-price. He took him up on that offer to make a pendant for Justin and him with the same charm that had all of the names of their children as well as the words "Love you forever and always" engraved on it but with different chain for him and Justin. He will gift this to Justin as a sign of their commitment to each other that will not be too obvious. After finishing all his work, he made sure that Cynthia knew about his weekend away and to call him at the Saint number only in absolute catastrophe and warn her about possibility of Michael calling her, he wished her a good weekend and went home to his loft to prepare for his weekend and get the stuff he will need for Monday together. Making sure to put on the alarm and leave no clue about his destination in the loft, he drives to Spring Hills for his weekend with his blonde lover.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you so much for the reviews and the interest you guys have shown in this story. I am sorry about the grammar mistakes, this fic is self-beta but if anyone is interested in being a beta-reader for this, please let me know.

The next chapter will likely to be posted sometime during the coming week.

Reviews are the things that keeps me going.