Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

That vacation in Harrisburg already felt like a lifetime away. The moment he had returned to Pittsburgh, he was once again attack from all sides.

 

 

 

On business side of things, Ryder Advertising was now in what he call the waiting game as well as the paperwork period. Waiting to see how the public responds to the ads, then making changes when needed, so a constant monitoring was required. Paperwork was just that paperwork. Everyday, he had a large pile of paper to go through and it just never seems to end. Not to mention with him, also preparing business documents for Kinnetik, going through applications for the Tremont staff, no need to mention documents needed to get the city and Children’s Services to approve a shelter for abused children at Tremont. In a single word, he was drowning in paperwork.

 

 

 

Only consolation, Ted was also similarly drowned in paperwork as he was. After all, he was the future CFO, he had to be the one to handle the numbers and creating the new books for Kinnetik, Tremont building, the shelter, and set up an account for J.T.K.’s earnings.

 

 

 

Cynthia, that woman was a godsend. She organized his schedules so that he could do both Ryder and what they both collectively called the Britin side of work in peace. Bringing him coffee, then nicotine gum, then a glass of Beam. He knew that he will not be able to survive without her, and he never wants to find out how he does without her. It had been the same in the future, as Cynthia move away from being his assistant to being the office manager, the number of assistants that he fired or the number assistant that he needed at the same time to do the work that Cynthia had done all alone. Well, there was no question in mind that Cynthia will be receiving a raise in the future.

 

 

 

On top of paperwork, he had been busy charming clients. Not clients for advertising but lawyers so that they agree to sit down and have dinner with them. It will never be as easy as lawyers just accepting an invitation to dine at Le Mont, free of charge with other lawyers. No, of course the firm’s partners want details as to exactly who else had been invited to this dinner. Imagine his surprise when he learnt that Thomas Gabriel, the shark lawyer that he had hired in his past life to represent Lindsay with matter to J.R. was actually the partner at Morrison’s firm as well as his mentor. Well that explained that men’s skills as a lawyer in the future. That was more of a pleasant surprise. Not so such when he learnt that Protz and Anderson both belong to rival firms. The two lawyers that Justin needs to protect his art, especially when he already have reports from Sydney Bloom in the JTK email account that told him all about how the patrons were “enchanted” by “Light”, and could not wait to see more. Well, the posters for the show will be up this weekend, all at night, so he will see what it will be like at the second week of “Light” at Bloom Gallery. In the end, the spin that he put on those firm partners...well he will say it himself as one of his most brilliant ideas yet. It took week long phone tags as well as lunch-hour visit to law firms paid off before it was confirmed that all the invitees will be present at Le Mont on the second last Saturday of the month.

 

 

 

Well even if his professional life was going well even though he was so busy, the same could not be said for his personal life.

 

 

 

Oh his relationship with his Pops, and his nephews were at an all time high. The weekend visit to the Townsend home to visit the boys were continuing, and so far it was all good and no sign of additional neglect on the boys by Claire or Dichard, her husband who luckily they had not met face to face yet. Because he knew that neither Pops or him will be able to stop themselves from beating that bastard up if he shows his face to them.

 

 

 

That trip, which had been the test for Pops and him, they both had passed with flying colours according to Dr. Wilder. It had taught both of them that in the storm that life was, they could depend on each other to have each other’s back, not at all like what his childhood was.  Pops and him could be more than abuser and victim. There was a chance for them to be father and son.

 

 

 

Even if he had avoided therapy for so long, Dr. Wilder was damn good and his sessions were working. Both Jack and him, two messed up Kinney men were dealing with their demons one at a time.

 

 

 

Add to that, he talk to Justin everyday even if it was for just half an hour sometimes, they were up to date and connected. But damn he was horny. He had not touched Justin since Harrisburg, and his hands were full of callouses from the constant jerk-off session that he needed to have in order to function. But never once had he been tempted to stray, tricks were temporary distractions, not like Justin who was the true drug of passion and love that a man could spend his entire life being addicted to him and not see a problem. The problem was the Liberty gang.

 

 

 

Ted and Emmett, those two were minor annoyances, nothing he could not deal with. Emmett was on the hunt for gossip as he had not been been seen tricking for long, but at least he did not demand the answer outright. Even if he was constantly making speculations or telling him all about what the latest idea about the change in the Stud was according to Liberty Avenue.

 

 

 

Ted, as his accountant and the ones already doing his work as a CFO on the side, knew what was happening. No for him it was the usual depressive state of mind that no man will ever finds him attractive. Well, it looks like he will have to subtly get Theodore to man up, and grow some fucking confidence so that he could attract tricks. As usual, it was the Novotny clan and the munchers that he was having problems with.

 

 

 

Debbie, in one word, has not changed. She was still treating him like a fourteen year old, not a twenty eight year old man. Though at least she seems to think twice about head slapping him. This he could handle, no what she found problem with him was that he was hanging out with his Pops, his childhood abuser, not even caring about his mother. Debbie was always on the side of mothers, unless the father was her son Michael. So the fact that Brian was building a relationship with his father but not even trying with his mother had her displeased. Debbie was all about contradictions. She was happy that he was dealing with his past, but not whom he was healing with.

 

 

 

The munchers, well Lindsay was all for convincing him to be her babydaddy, while Melanie was loudly protesting it but not enough. If these two wanted to be happy, well, they both had to agree on the father but as usual both of them did their own thing. Because he did not want Lindsay to give up on her quest, he had told her plain and simple the last time they met.

 

 

 

“I will think about it. But, give me some fucking time to reply back. At the fucking latest, I will have an answer by New Year’s.”

 

 

 

Bad idea to give those two a deadline, now there were almost daily calls from Lindsay asking him if he had decided yet, did he think about this advantage of having a child etc. etc. etc. He could not even deny her calls as he was hardly in meetings when she calls, freaking Lindsay must have somehow figure out the two times in his daily schedule that he was relatively free.

 

 

 

Now, Michael. Where to begin with him. It has been a week since he had returned to Pittsburgh and he was still on his freaking high horse. He was talking….talking but with an attitude like he was still waiting on an apology because his “best friend” had dared to go against him. Well that was something that was not going to happen anytime soon, but he could deal with that but just like his mother, Michael had his own opinions about Brian’s changes in his life.

 

 

 

Point #1. His father and his nephews. Well the viewpoint of Michael could be sum up in a sentence. “But Brian, you are the Stud of Liberty Avenue, when do you have time to go to Babylon with me if you are hanging out with your father and nephews?”

 

 

 

The freaking sentence did not stop since the first time that Michael realized that rather than finding him in Babylon at night, he was always off visiting Pops or John and Peter. Or he was working late. Michael did not like the fact that Brian was not doing what Michael thought he should be doing. That was spending time fucking his clients then hang out with Michael then go to Babylon with the gang. Nowhere in the Kinney Operating Manual written by Michael Novotny was there a chapter about Brian hanging out with his birth family, nor accepting young children in his life. He could not fucking wait till Michael learnt about the shelter/daycare center that is going to be below Brian’s loft.

 

 

 

Point #2 was like a continuation of point #1. Brian was busy with other things so much that he did not hang out with the gang much. He was getting tired of constant call at work, though his calls never went through to him, as Michael was on message-only list, it did not mean he could not hear the phones constantly ringing from Cynthia’s desk, or hear her angry mutterings about “annoying and childish man” or that “yipping chihuahua” when she was irritated. He was already drowning in work, he had no patience to deal with annoyed staff as well. Because the phone calls bothered the entirety of Brian’s floor, not just Brian and Cynthia.

 

 

 

All the freaking annoyance was getting to him. That was why rather than going out for a drink with Pops on Friday night, he was walking down Liberty Avenue towards the diner with Pops to have dinner together before dropping Pops off and going to Babylon. A night of Brian at the usual hangouts should calm Michael down, especially when he will also hang out with the gang at the same time. But he was not compromising his time with his Pops either, so this was the solution. Jack Kinney entering the world of LGBTQ community of Liberty Avenue, with his son Brian Kinney, the famous Stud of Liberty Avenue by his side.

 

 

 

He missed Harrisburg. Not the place, but the fact that he had freedom and could be free. Now back under the roof of Taylor household...well in was plain frustrating. His parents were watching him like a hawk, along with Daphne’s parents. It was not until he overheard his parent’s argument or what they will always call “a slight difference in opinion” if he ever ask them, that he knew the reason why.

 

 

 

Apparently his grandparents had tried to laid the groundwork so that his parents will hopefully be alright with them him being a homosexual. Unfortunately, all that talking did was make Craig and Jennifer Taylor overly cautious about the safety of their son. No, it was more like Craig took his father’s words about accepting and loving your children to mean that Justin was being rebellious, so the new enforced rules. Oh, it was not to the level of them demanding to check his phone every night but like he was a little kid, his parents performed almost hourly check of his presence at night.

 

 

 

The situation was not helping his mind at all, the feeling of being watched with suspicion made his body tense. He could not help the claustrophobic feeling that made it more and more harder for him to not have one of his panic attacks. The only place he felt safe was in the front yard of his house. Why because there was the road and he will never forget the fact that Brian’s Jeep had once been parked there waiting to take him away from this house full of hate. The open air also help with that. No matter how much he wants to rebel, he stops himself. Good behaviour will let him go out on the second last Saturday. The day of meeting with all the lawyers. There was nothing he could do, but survive the one week left till then.

 

 

 

At least, he still had his burner phone hidden and he could contact Brian every night when his parents were spending some time alone, yuck. Breeder sex with his parents. Disgust did not even cover it, especially when he could sometimes hear the thumps going on across the hall. He really regrets his hearing. Knowing his father’s twisted mind, this new routine was all a way to get his son to be interested in girls. Because guys at his age, was supposed to only think about girls. The first time Brian realized what was happening after a particularly loud thump on the wall, well that round of phone sex never happened rather it was the sound of sudden vomiting that ended that call. Not that he could blame Brian at all, he wishes he could throw up too.

 

 

 

According to Brian, both John and Peter were well, and his relationship with his father were improving gradually. The gang had not changed, even if Brian acted different. Soothing Brian after a particularly hard day of phone-tag with Michael and Lindsay was terrible over the phone, but he had some of the most outrageous tales of their sixsome, as they used to label Gus, Rose, Dove, Jay, Ana and Shawn collectively, to calm Mt. Kinney down from its potential explosion.

 

 

 

Even in his almost forced isolation of a summer, he was hearing about JTK. He didn’t know but apparently “Light” had caught the eyes of an art reporter on a visit to Bloom to look at the exhibit but the reporter in question ended up liking J.T.K.’s single painting more and gushes about this new artist all over the Sunday papers. Then when the advertisement for his show starts to appear in the papers and flyers all over town, which he knew that Brian had them posted at night so that people will be surprised with the new advertisement flyers seen all over town from the Town Hall to Shandyside to Liberty Avenue. He had to admit the poster that he had designed looked fantastique and it was certainly eye-catching. Brian called the posters, giving people a taste of things to come by the collage of the most eye-catching pieces in J.T.K.’s 40 collections.

 

 

 

The date and location of the show was already on the flyer, but the tickets, those will not be available. Not till two weeks before the show. Justin had heard from one of the students in the summer future businessman seminars at St.James, that he took part in just to get out of the house with an activity that his businessman father will happily approve, that the student’s father, a prominent realtor and builder in Pittsburgh, and his country club buddies were already on the lookout to get the tickets. Apparently, the ladies of the country club set absolutely fell in love with the small glimpse of the beautiful blonde girl or that handsome brunette that they wish to be the first one to see the complete painting. Well, nothing builds interest like beautiful humans and sex. Now, he just has to plan a way for his birth family to receive passes to the opening night.

 

 

 

He will leave J.T.K. to the experts, at least the painting part, Rage on the other hand will have to be hiatus for a while, at least for a couple of weeks, till he could get to his studio at the loft. He still have not seen the renovated look of any of the rooms, one of the reasons he is waiting for the date of lawyer meeting so much because he will finally be able to see his art studio, the private wing, and so many other things looked like. Not to mention, he will get to see Brian face to face after three weeks apart. Just one more week. One more week.                                                                                                  

 

 

 

Brutal session. That was the gist of what his session with Dr. Wilder was like today. Because, the entirety of the session was focused on voicing his emotions. Or to get Jack to be have to say “my son is gay” without stuttering or taking a deep breath. Like he said it was brutal because both his father and him did not good with words, at least not angry words. They both were more action-oriented. But eventually they had been able to do enough vocalizing that Dr. Wilder was pleased. At least the so-called homework, he had assigned which was for them to go have a meal together at Liberty Diner was going to easy.

 

 

 

Because Jack Kinney already had been there two weeks ago and it went ok. Oh, he was stiff and nervous, hardly talk but eventually he had relax enought to have his meal in peace. Most likely the gang, all of them who were there had focused more of Michael’s recent Big Q crisis and another one of Emmett’s whirlwind boyfriend. No one paying him special attention, meaning a relaxed Pops. Now, if today it was the same as last time, it will be easy to get it done, and they both could talk about something more important. Tomorrow was the day for that Le Mont meal with the lawyers, and both of them wishes to have a more concrete plan in place in case John or Peter needs them.

 

 

 

It looks like he spoke too soon. Because, the moment he opened the door to the diner, then look at the fact that Michael had his arms crossed as he sat in the back booth surrounded by Ted and Emmett, he knew that they both were going to witness a Novotny queen-out. Shit, he open it was another one over the Big Q and not another on how “Michael’s best friend had not been himself.” With a glance towards Pops, who look to be kind of stunned to see a grown-man pouting in front of him, he walks towards the gang. If only Alex Wilder did not give them this homework. But he also knew from experience that a Michael Novotny pout will continue till he had told all about his grievances.

 

 

 

“Hey, Mikey!” Acting like it was once more a casual day, he sat down on the opposite side from the rest of the gang, then slide in a bit so Pops could sit down besides him.

 

 

 

“Hello to you too, Brian. Now, I forgot to ask last time but who is this fine piece of specimen that you brought along last time? I thought silver did not suit God Kinney?” What was with Emmett and old men? Jack’s face was a mix of pleasure and horror. Of course though he will be horrified that someone thought of him as queer, it was a ego boost that someone still found him attractive.

 

 

 

“Yes, Brian. I thought Brian Kinney will never spend time anyone over the age of 35, unless they were a client, and you don’t bring a client to lunch at the diner.” Wait, was that a hint of interest in Ted’s eyes as he look at Jack. Well, Jack and him did resemble each other a freaking lot.

 

 

 

“Briiiiaaan,” well here we go. “Just where the fuck did you disappear to? You know I called your office at different times for the past few days but do you know what your receptionist said to me. That I am not allowed to talk to you and they are only allowed to take down my message, they couldn’t even transfer the call to your secretary Cynthia. Just what the fuck is happening at your work that you couldn’t even talk to your BEST friend when you are not fucking your clients?”

 

 

 

So it was the Brian Kinney is not doing what he should be doing rant.

 

 

 

“Mikey, just what was so important that you had to call my office so many times, just leave a message to tell me to give you a call, then I would have called in my lunch hour. And I do not always fuck the client to get my work done, I actually do have to work.”

 

 

 

“It doesn’t matter what you were doing, you should be able to talk to your best friend. I thought something serious had happened to you because I could only get you on the phone for like ten minutes for the past two weeks. Is your work more important than me, you asshole?”

 

 

 

“Michael, it is heading into the prime time in advertising and I have to work if I want to pay for my hardwood floors.” He was not going to comment on the fact that Michael was acting like a jealous housewife. Nope, he was not getting into that.

 

 

 

“Speaking of the loft, why in the world can’t I enter the loft. The code is not working on the bottom floor, I had to get the super to let me it. Then, your elevator has doors on it, and my key does not work at all when I went up to the top floor. And why does the top floor have two doors? Why doesn’t my keys work?” Shit. He brings his hand up to squeeze the bridge of his nose. He was not intending to tell anyone about the changes at the loft. Especially the fact that none of the old methods of getting into the loft will work anymore, and he never intended to give any of the gang a way to get inside his home again. There was no use prolonging it, so he might at well announce it now.

 

 

 

“Michael, you know that my building had to be renovated when a new owner brought the building, well there had been some changes.”

 

 

 

“No matter what kind of changes, it doesn’t mean that I can’t enter my best friend’s home!!”

 

 

 

“Michael baby,” wonderful now Debbie was here. Pops was looking more and more weird to him, and he was staring at Deb’s wig as well as Michael.

 

 

 

Just why did it have to be today? And he could see that the other patrons of the diner were growing more and more curious about what was happening in the next chapter of ‘Brian and Mikey’ show. Nothing to do but tell them the fucking truth and hope that this session of ‘poor Mikey’ will stop. He could not afford to have these two on his back tomorrow when he had to concentrate on his pitch to the lawyers.

 

 

 

“Asshole, just what the hell did you do again?” Taking a breath, he hopes that it will not start another one of Deb’s ‘you owe me for cleaning you up’ and Michael’s ‘but you are my best friend’ conversation.

 

 

 

“Deb, I did nothing. As I was telling your son, I can’t constantly answer personal calls when I am in the office, not when I was trying to make partner. Just leaving me a message will let me know what I need to call. I can’t keep on delaying my meetings.”

 

 

 

“You mean your potential fucking session with your clients?”

 

 

 

Could this day get any worse, now it was the munchers. Melanie was in a foul mood alright, and Lindsay had that look that she was getting tired of waiting for his answer.

 

 

 

“Hello Linds, Smelly Melly. It does not matter what the fuck I do with my clients, Ryder pays me to get accounts not to take phone calls all the time from family when it is not an emergency.”

 

 

 

“So now my baby needing to talk to his best friend is not worth even a minute of Brian Kinney’s time.”

 

 

 

“Deb, I just meant that I can give Michael my undivided attention when I am not at work. Now, Michael, the reason that your keys do not work nor the code is because both of them have been changed.”

 

 

 

“What Brian, you have changed your keys. Then I expect to get the new key soon, along with Michael.” Being older really do change his point of view. But now was not the time to analyze or think about it.

 

 

 

“Michael, Lindsay, you know that the building’s owner have changed,” he looks at both of his so-called best friends, no they were more like his oldest friend, the title of his best friend went to Justin. When both of them nods his head in understanding, he continues, “that means I got a new contract, the building has been renovated and so forth.”

 

 

 

“So the owner had the locks changed. I understand that Brian, but why have you not informed us about that or given us a new set of keys yet, it has been a month at least since you have moved back in.”

 

 

 

“Lindsay, I can’t freaking give either one of you, a duplicate key. You can’t enter the building without signing in with the super.”

 

“What!!! Why do I need to sign in like I am visiting an office rather than my best friend’s home.”

 

“Because the new owner has a set of rules. First, my loft is not on the top floor, it is on the third. The top floor is exclusively for the owner’s, not to mention the pool up on the roof. Second, the code is only given to residents, the rest of them have to be buzzed in and sign in before going forward. Third, if we want to give a duplicate key of your door or the code for the building to someone else, we need permission from the owner. The owner is huge on security, which is a fucking good thing since now my Pradas and Armani are more protected.”

 

 

 

“And why have you not asked permission from this owner to give your best friends a key?” Well, here we go.

 

 

 

“Because I don’t think you need a key to my loft when I don’t have the keys to either of my best friend’s homes. If I don’t have your keys, why in the word should I give you mine?

 

 

 

“But, who is going to carry you home when you are drunk?”

 

 

 

“Michael, I do not need a designated driver as much since I am not freaking drinking as much. I can’t work on paperwork or deal with the art department who is getting stupider by the way, with a hangover. Besides if I am drunk, the super will open the door, and guide me up.” Shit, the sad poor Mikey face, and that look on Deb’s face, it looks like Pops, who had been just looking at everything in silent, will be treating to the Novotny Special.

 

 

 

“Now look you asshole. What is this talk like you are some big shit. You are an asshole and hurting my kid since he met you. I should have known that you will hurt him. Did you fucking who it was that gave you a place to stay. Now, keeping your best friend out of your life, and don’t think I forgot about that time you freaking dared to kick my kid out of your home when he is the one to drag your ass after a night of tricking and drugs to your loft? You are going to call that so-called owner and tell him that you are going to give a key to your best friend. Do you get that you little piece of shit?” Finger pointing at him, the diner watching, along with that look of amusement at Brian Kinney being scolded, and the look of hope in Michael, he wonders just how desperate had he been for Deb’s love that he had let her put him down, the one that she called his son of heart, so much. It looks like Brian Kinney did not deserve privacy or the right of make any decisions. Fuck, how was he going to handle it when Justin met them, because it was taking everything he had to not shout back at Deb, and tell her exactly what he thought about it.

 

 

 

“Hey lady, just who do you think you are pointing that finger at?” That voice. It was the voice of a frustrated Jack Kinney, right on the verge of giving another beating. Looking at his father, who was angry, not at him, no he was giving that look of displeasure to Debbie, as Jack stand up from the booth and was now on the floor facing the waitress. Brian simply stare at the scene in front of him, he did not even notice that Vic had entered the diner.

 

 

 

“Who the fuck are you to tell me that to do?”

 

 

 

“Someone that came to this place to have a meal in peace but instead saw a grown man throwing a tantrum like a little sissy.”

 

 

 

“Now, look here, mister. That’s my baby you are talking about.”

 

 

 

“Your son, huh? Then why have you not taught him how to fight his own battles rather than letting his mommy deal with it? Or why does he think that he is so important that everyone should stop their freaking job to hear a whining session. Lady, your kid is a whining brat who had not learnt that people have lives outside of him.”

 

 

 

“Oh, then is your freaking child perfect? Because let me tell you my son is perfect, and I can tell just by the look of you that your child is a fucking piece of disrespecting shit.”

 

 

 

“I don’t deny that my son is a disrespecting shit alright. But at least he is a man. Even if I did not freaking care about him like I should have, he grown into a man that can take care of himself. And he is a son that any father will be proud, not something that I can say about your boy. What being a ‘best’ friend means that he can enter the other’s home at will, when they are not there? And what about you lady, so you help this kid out of a bad situation, something that I deeply regret creating, and what he owes you, owes you to always be on call for your son, and he can’t make his own decisions?”

 

 

 

Shit, his heart, that ice-cold scars made by this same man, that was now defending him instead of beating him, were warming up.

 

 

 

“Oh, just what the fuck gave you the right to lecture me on how I raised my kid or what I tell that asshole sitting right there who is acting so important that he can’t even make time for my kid. Huh, what freaking right do you have?”

 

 

 

“What right? Right? Well, let me tell you ‘mother of the year’, that little piece of shit that you were trying to force him to get into trouble with both his boss and his building owner, well that is my kid. I’m that gay kid’s father who just realized that I own him more apologizes because it was my actions, my decisions that lead him to meet you and having to give up his own privacy to cater to your grown kid’s needs.”

 

 

 

“You….you are the drunken abusive father…..then what right do you have to say something to me, when I am the one that put cream on those injuries caused by your hands?”

 

 

 

“Oh, I have the right, because even if I didn’t deserve it, I am his father. Not just by blood like before, but now I freaking swore that I will be his father by my actions. And let me tell you something lady, I surely hope that you can teach your kid that just because you are a friend does not give you the right to demand that your best friend as your darling boy puts it to decide what Brian can do with his life. Because Brian is his own man and doesn’t have to answer to his friends. Nor to you, or anyone else, except himself.”

 

 

 

He was in shock. Is this fucking happening, his homophobic drunkard father standing up for him. That too to Debbie and actually admitting that he was abusive in the past, that he was Brian’s father. He could hear the silence around the diner, not everyday that someone yells back at Debbie after all.

 

 

 

“Sonnyboy,” shit, that look of affection was something that he had earned for his entire childhood and here he was getting it. “Let’s blow this joint, we can take John and Peter out rather than spending time here.” Still in shock, he followed behind his Pops, who apparently had one more thing to say right at the door, before he goes out.

 

 

 

“Oh, since you know I fight dirty, don’t let me hear you bullying my son again. The assholes are you lot. Not my damn fine gay son.”

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      He He knows that he was not acting like a man at all. Hiding out in a bathroom trying to delay the meeting that will take place soon. But who could blame him? The moment he steps outside of this beautiful bathroom with marble tiles, he will be face to face with their seven hand-picked lawyers, not to mention the representative of their firms. They were going to disclose their barely legal relationship in a room full of lawyers. Can’t blame him for worrying about that.

 

 

 

“Rapunzel, when are you coming out of your tower?” Of course Brian found his worrying to be amusing. It was not like him of the tiny details or the smallest consequences because of what others thought. That was more of what Justin did, though only in certain situations. Making their own happiness in an unconventional way had been what both of them had always done, and what they did best. But in legal matters, being unconventional did not help matters.

 

 

 

“Justin,” as Brian wraps his arms around him, he rests his back against Brian’s chest, “time to go my prince, our stage awaits.” Taking a deep breath, he raises his head and lock his blues to his hazel and let his act of a seventeen year old drop. The people were going to meet the partner of Kinnetik’s CEO and a critically renowned artist, Justin Taylor-Kinney. And right before his own eyes, as his mind set changes, Brian’s also changes till right behind him rather than a plain advertising executive, it is the CEO of Kinnetik Inc. Turning around to face Brian, he reaches up for a quick kiss, before exiting the bathroom.

 

 

 

The Le Mont Dining Room

 

 

 

The tension in the room was subtle but it was there. Fourteen lawyers all together in the same room, well it was an unusual sight when it was not a convention or their firm’s annual party. No these were lawyers from different specializations, not to mention rival firm partners were in the same room.

 

 

 

The only ones that were comfortable enough to make small talks were the seven young lawyers. Younger compared to their firm’s representative but no less vicious. These seven had one thing in common, they had met Brian Kinney and have spoken to J.T.K., the artist that was gaining attention in the art scene from just one piece of work.

 

 

 

The door to the dining room opens, and all the lawyers turn towards it. Coming in were two beautiful men. The taller man, obviously older, dressed in tight-fitted black lined suit with a deep-red shirt, in one word he was gorgeous with his brown hair and long legs. His younger companion was fair and blonde, with a bright blue eyes. It was obvious that there was a large age difference between the two, but when you look at them together you see how they complete each other.

 

 

 

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen. Thank you so much for joining us. My name is Brian Kinney, and this right here is my partner Justin Taylor or J.T.K. as the good people of Pittsburgh knows him.”

 

 

 

“Please everyone take a seat, he can discuss all about wha twe are doing over a delicious meal. Frankly, I can’t stand when that breadstick is right there.” Well, that sure broke the tension in the room, so they all sit down around the table and start to nibble on the breadstick and pursue the menu.

 

 

 

“Just so you are all aware, we both want to retain all of you, so there is no neeed for a battle. Like I said, this is what I call...”

 

 

 

“What my partner is saying is to let us treat you to a wonderful meal in exchange we want your advise of some issues that we need the help of the best lawyers.”

 

 

 

“Mr. J.T.K.,”

 

 

 

“Just call me Justin, Mr. Wendall. And he is Brian.”

 

 

 

“I understand legal issues but what can a tax lawyer do for you?”

 

 

 

“In the most simple way, we are doing to open up multiple businesses, we want the IRS on our side, not get into trouble. Not to mention, we need a second pair of eye to look over our finances besides our accountant.”

 

 

 

“Sadly, he could not make today. A last minute crisis at his boring ass day job at an accounting firm.”

 

 

 

“Brian, you know that Ted actually likes his job.”

 

 

 

“Yeah, he likes it so much that he keeps on searching up porn during work.”

 

 

 

“I know that but you don’t need to tell them that.”

 

 

 

“I fucking tell the truth, and sadly for all involved, honesty gets me called an asshole.”

 

 

 

“Well you are one sometimes.”

 

 

 

“Just to be clear, what we ultimately wish for is that these seven young lawyers here will join forces to fight for us. We can guarantee that our cases are never going to be boring to work with.”    

 

 

 

“Yep. There is custody fight with abusive parents, NDA over J.T.K.’s dealings, emancipation, civil suits against private schools, custody hearing with lesbians, and so forth.”

 

 

 

“See, a pair with variety of problems and money is no issue.”

 

 

 

“What did you mean, Brian, about that custody fight with abusive parents?”

 

 

 

“Well, Thomas..”

 

 

 

“No, no before that I need the details for that civil suit against private school, that is going to take a lot of time to just prepare for.”

 

 

 

“Ms.Burton, the civil suit is for…

 

 

 

“Sorry, Ms.Burton, but I need that details on the non-disclosure agreements..”

 

 

 

“Well, if everyone is in, and none of our seven lawyer’s superviser have a problem with the collaboration, why don’t we give you all the details while we eat. Sunshine, over there is not going to wait much longer before his stomach demands food.”

 

 

 

“Shut up, asshole. Please everyone, let’s order then we can talk.”

 

 

 

With that seven lawyers, four men and three women had formed a team TK. After all, to each one of them fighting a high-profile case, which based on what they observed about the two men, it was going to be. The money was an added bonus. As the fourteen lawyers hear the details through the meal, they were all more and more ready to fight the case. Particularly, the situation with Brian Kinney’s nephews, it was shaping up to be one high-profile case if it ever gets to court. WASP v.s. self-made rich, brother v.s. sister, heterosexual v.s. homosexual, there were so many points of interest.