Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Story Notes:

This ficlet was beta'd by the the best SHADOWNYC (LJ).

This fic was written to be part of the QAF Anti-Valentine Celebration over at QAF_SCAVENGER and was posted on Valentine's Day.

DISCLAIMER: All the characters in this fiction are properties of Showtime and CowLip. I'm just an imaginative fan.

"THE TATTOO ARTIST"
By Doppelganger

AT THE DINER...

 

Brian sipped his coffee, half eaten lasagna sits in front of him; he watches Ted under his eyes while the latter tells everybody in their booth what fun he had with Troy last night.

“He literally fucked my brains out!” Ted said making everybody laugh except for Brian.

He was about to make a sarcastic remark when a young, attractive twink walked passed them, causing him a major distraction. The blond went up to the counter. Debbie happily greeted the new customer.

“Hey, Sunshine! How are you doing?”

Sunshine? He thought, a smirk almost formed on the side of his mouth.

 

“I’m fine, Deb. How are you?”

Brian’s eyes moved from the young man‘s flowing golden locks down to his petit shoulders then to his tiny waist. His eyes stopped on the blond‘s bottom that was perfectly emphasized by his khaki pants.

“Tits are tied in knots but still I‘m great as always!” Debbie laughed. The blond did the same.

“So what can I get you, Sunshine?”

“I just want a couple of your lemon bars.”

“I gave him my number. He hasn’t called me. I mean, I see him around all the time-” Brian heard Ted blabbing away and it brought him back to their conversation.

“Sweetie, give him time.” Emmett said.

“Or better yet, why don’t you just talk to him when you see him at Babylon tonight and ask him to go with you to the Pride parade.” Michael added while he stuffed his face with French fries.

Brian forcefully moved his eyes away from the blond by the counter to look at Teddy. He wished he didn’t have to. He was near telling Ted about Troy’s ‘Gay Pride pity fuck’ when Emmett suddenly stood up, “Hey Justin!” He called out to the young man that just left the counter.

Justin turned his head towards them; he was wondering who called his name then a big smile on his face appeared when he saw Emmett. Strands of his hair covered his left eye. Brian made a mental note to talk to Ted later about Troy. And he would not forget to tell Ted he’s such a pussy.

“Oh, Emmett, hi!” Emmett and Justin exchanged kisses.

“Guys, he’s the new tattoo artist at the shop four blocks from Woody’s; Justin.” Emmett told everybody.

“Hi.” Justin said.

“He’s the one who did my fabulous tat!”

“Yeah, how is it by the way?” Justin asked Emmett.

“It’s doing great! It healed pretty quick-”

“You’re a tattoo artist?” Brian cut in, a toothpick between his teeth.

“Yeah.” Justin said staring into Brian‘s eyes.

“Pardon my rudeness,” Emmett said looking at Brian evilly. “Justin, this is Michael-”

“Hi.” Michael shook Justin’s hand.

“Nice to meet you.”

“This is Ted.” Emmett continued.

“Hi, Justin!”

“Hey, Ted.”

“And, that’s - Brian.” Emmett said without any ardor.

“Hi.”

“Hey,” Justin replied. For a few second, they just looked at each other. Silent thoughts passing between the two.

“Alright, it’s time for Woody’s.” Michael got up, sensing Brian’s thoughts working over-time, imagining a gazillion ways he could fuck this twink.

“Oh sweetie, we’re going to Woody’s,” Emmett said to Justin. “Why don’t you come and join us?”

“I can’t, I’m still working.”

“All work and no play, make one’s dick softer.” Muttered Brian to Justin’s surprise. It was too late to make a comment; Brian had already gone with Michael.

“Asshole!” Emmett muttered under his breath.

“It’s okay, Emmett.” Justin told Emmett.

“I‘ll see you around then?” Emmett said to Justin giving him another kiss on the cheek.
“Sure.” Justin nodded after waving goodbye to Ted and Emmett. He started walking the other way but something told him to look back, and sure enough, Brian also did the same.

 


 

AT THE TATTOO PARLOR...

 

Justin looked at the clock, it was almost 9 pm. The shop was empty. His last customer who got a tattoo on her wrist just left. Shaun, the owner of the shop, his boyfriend Jim and their other tattoo artist, Kit left 30 minutes ago to go bar hopping. He volunteered to close the shop because he still had a customer. Shaun told him to close as soon as the last customer left since it was Friday. They usually closed at 10 on Fridays. He started cleaning up his station. He reached inside one of the cabinets above his head for a disinfectant and started spraying the tattoo chair in front of him. He needed a drink. He couldn’t wait to go to Babylon. Since he moved to Liberty Ave., he’d only been out a couple of times. He’s been busy with school projects and working full time at the tattoo shop. He’d been taking night classes at the Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Arts. He was almost done wiping off the chair and decided he would sterilize his machines next, while he swept the floor, when he heard the little bell that hangs over the door announce that someone had entered the shop. He sighed; he forgot to put the “CLOSED” sign on the door. “We’re closed.” He called out from the back. He didn’t hear the bell so he figured whoever came in the shop was still inside. He suddenly felt scared. His heart started pounding uncontrollably. He looked around inside his station for something sharp or hard to grab. He only found the broom; he looked at it with disappointment but took it anyway. He didn’t want to think someone in the shop might mean him harm or rob him. Liberty Ave. wasn’t known for crimes like this, but better be ready than sorry, he thought. He walked cautiously towards the front of the shop.

“I said we’re closed.” He once again called out only to be surprised. Recognizing the intruder inside the shop did not stop his heart from beating intensely. It was the man from the diner he met earlier; the one with Emmett. Brian, yes, that’s his name.

“Hey,” the man said. He was still wearing his black Hugo Boss jacket; he had a cigarette stuck behind his ear against the side of his head.

“Hey,” Justin replied. “Ahm, we‘re closed.”

“Is that so,” Brian said, looking down at the broom in his hand. He took the cigarette from the top of his ear and lit it.

“Well, I’m about to close the shop. Is there anything I can help you with?” Justin rested the broom behind the counter and faced the taller man.

“Yes as a matter of fact.” Brian said licking his lips. Justin swallowed. “I’d like to get a tattoo.” Brian walked towards the counter where Justin stood.
“Oh, well, Shaun and the others have gone clubbing. Would you like to make an appointment?” Justin said trying his best to not to look down. It was so easy to look at this man in the eyes earlier. But he was more comfortable then; there were other people around. Now that he was alone with him, he felt terrified and nervous.

“What are you then, the janitor?” Brian said grinning; he rested his elbows on the counter as he inhaled his cigarette.

“No, I’m the new tattoo artist.”
“I know that, and you tattooed one of my friends last week.”

“Yes. We just had this conversation 4 hours ago.”

“Very well then.” Brian said holding his stare.

“Yes, but-“

“But what? It says on the sign outside you’re open until 10.”

“Until 10 if we have a client.”

“It’s only 9:04 -” Brian said looking at the clock on the wall, “- and I’m a client.”

“Why, all of the sudden, have you decided you want a tattoo?” Justin said without thinking twice.

“You don’t know if I just decided I wanted a tattoo. I could have been thinking about getting one for some time now, and I happened to pass by your shop, so here I am. Or it could have been one of those times when one’s being spontaneous and wanted - something new.” Brian answered eyes wandering until they stopped to gaze at Justin‘s face.

“How long did it take you to practice those lines?” Justin said rolling his eyes but feeling self-conscious. Brian shook his head concealing a grin.

“Don’t worry, it will be huge.” Brian said meaningfully still looking at Justin.

“Huge?”

“The tip.”

“I better not disappoint you then.”

“I don’t think you will.”

Justin, confused and thrilled at the same time questioned the situation he’d gotten himself into. He reached for one of the forms for Brian to fill out. He handed it to him. “Fill out this form, please.”

“I need a pen.” Brian said, his cigarette resting on his bottom lip; he reminded Justin of James Dean.

Justin opened the drawer and rummaged around looking for a pen, aware that a pair of eyes were watching him. Finally, he found one. He handed it to Brian.

“Here.” He said.

“Thanks,” Brian said, reaching for the pen purposely touching Justin’s hand. Justin shivered. He turned around and walked over to the door, turning the “OPEN” sign to read “CLOSED” on the other side. Then he locked the door. Why? He asked himself. He didn’t want another customer to walk in, then he would never leave tonight. Justin sighed, he needed a better and more believable argument. A cold, cold bottle of beer and a better argument.

When he turned around, Brian was still filling out the form.

“I’m going to get the stuff ready while you finish that.”

“Okay,” Brian replied without looking up.

He prepared his machines and took new needles out. He also took out stencils, lubricant/ointment and gauzes. He was finishing setting up when Brian entered the station startling him.

“Aren’t you going to ask me what I want and where I want it?” Brian handed him the form.

“Yes, of course. But first, I have to review the form you filled out and also I need your ID,” Justin said looking at the form. He had to walk sideways to get to the counter up front because Brian was blocking the tiny hallway. Brian slightly moved causing their bodies to touch. Justin got alarmed; Brian’s scent penetrated his nose, going up to his brain processing the signals the other man’s body was sending.

Justin scanned Brian’s form and checked his ID; he tried his best to keep his composure. “Have you eaten?” He asked.

“Yes.” Brian said thoughtfully. A flashback of his conversation with Michael appeared in his head…

“You’re not going to Babylon with us?!?” Mikey was genuinely astounded. They just got out of Woody’s. They were at the diner two hours ago.

“I have more important things to do.” Brian said giving his best friend a hug. Emmett and Ted both rolled their eyes.

“That means he just found his trick for the night,” Ted whispered in Emmett‘s ear. The latter wrinkled his nose.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Mikey.” Brian gave his suspecting best friend a kiss on the mouth and headed towards the tattoo shop. He knew Michael was aware of where he was heading. Mikey always knew what was going on in his head…

At first he thought it was not his lucky night; the shop was empty when he got there although they still have the “OPEN” sign hanging on the door. He checked the shop’s schedule and it said they close at 10 on Fridays. He stood there for a few minutes, having second thoughts about reaching for the shop’s door handle when it opened. A young lady with dark hair came out of the shop, her wrist all wrapped up. He should turn around now; he felt like he was spying on the artist. But then he didn’t know what came over him…Damn! He thought. He could have anybody he wants on Liberty Ave. - anybody - he didn’t have to follow this twink around, but Damn! The burning in his loins needed to be satisfied. And it would be tonight. Or his name shouldn’t be Brian Kinney.

 

“Have you had anything to drink?”

“Let me see, I had coffee, water. I had-”

“You know what I’m talking about, Brian.” Justin gave Brian the don’t-bullshit-me look.

“No. I haven‘t.” Brian lied. He had three beers at Woody’s. But really…

“You know I can’t give you a tattoo if you had any alcoholic beverages. It might cause you to bleed excessively.”
“What are you, a public service announcement? I know. And trust me, I’ll be alright.”

Then Brian told Justin he wanted a script for a tattoo. Justin wrote it on a piece of paper; Brian leaned closer to Justin, reading the lines the blond wrote on the paper. Justin smelled Brian’s breath.

“Where do you want it?” Justin continued trying his best to focus.

“On my hipbone.” Brian said lighting another cigarette.

“May I?” Justin said looking at the cigarette Brian just finished inhaling. Brian handed him the cigarette.

“What’s your name again?” Brian asked.

“Justin.” He answered returning Brian the cigarette and turning to the computer to type the short script the man wanted on his skin.

“Check this out,” Justin called out to Brian. “Let me know what font you would like.”

After Brian picked a font, Justin printed out the script.

“I will copy it on a stencil so we can transfer it on your skin, you can come in here if you want and get comfortable on the chair.”

“Alright.” Brian followed Justin.

Justin turned his CD player on; Amy Winehouse’s voice filled the shop. He remained silent while he copied the script on the stencil.

“How long have you been working here?” Brian asked, speaking a little above Amy’s voice indicating that Justin had to turn his player down.

“Huh?” He looked at Brian who was now taking his black jacket off. He was wearing a handsome black button up shirt underneath it. Brian sat down on the tattoo chair, watching Justin copy the script.

“I said, how long have you been working here?”

“About a month.”
“Do you like it?”

“Yeah, I’ve been doing this for two years now. I started back in New York. Although I really would love to be a painter.” Justin didn’t understand why he felt comfortable all of a sudden; comfortable enough to open up to this man.

“New York?”

“Yeah, I used to live with my dad in New York, but he kicked me out so now I’m back in glorious Pittsburgh. Can you stand up please?” Justin said as he waved the finished stencil. He was wearing latex gloves.

“Your dad kicked you out?”

“Yeah, when he found out I’m gay. Ahm, can you unbutton your pants and show me exactly where you want me to place it,” Justin said, once again feeling nervous.

Brian hid a smirk as he unbuttoned his shirt stripping his body of the luxurious material. What was left was a black tank that hugged his chest and tight stomach. He neatly placed his shirt on top of his jacket. Then he walked towards Justin who sat on his chair right next to his paraphernalia and the tattoo chair.

“So, did you cry when your dad found out?” Brian stopped in front of Justin, slowly unbuttoning his pants.

The artist looked up to meet Brian’s gaze. “I’m not a sissy boy.” Justin firmly replied grabbing Brian by the loop of his denim jeans, pulling Brian closer to him. Brian obliged.

“Where would you like it?” Justin said, looking Brian straight in the eyes.

Brian took Justin’s free hand, placing it on his exposed hip bone. “Right there,” he said rolling his lips inside his mouth. Justin put the stencil in place and started transferring the script onto Brian’s smooth skin.

“How about you? Where‘s your dad?” Justin challenged Brian.

“Probably drunk in some bar in a back alley of Pittsburgh.”

“What did he say when you told him you’re gay?”

“Nothing.”

“You didn’t tell him.”

Brian looked at Justin and said, “It’s none of his business.”

Justin kept silent and finished transferring the script on Brian. The fire on Brian’s skin seeped through Justin’s glove, making Justin hot with desire. Justin let his fingertips linger on his client’s skin.

“You might want to pull your tank up or take it off before we begin, you don’t want ink or blood to stain it.” Justin said.

“Alright.” Brian took a step back taking his black tank off this time; he tossed it on top of his shirt and jacket.

Justin swallowed as he looked at the naked torso before him. He wanted to take his gloves off and just use his fingers to trace a line from Brian’s chest down to his hipbone which was semi exposed from his tight denim jeans. He noticed Brian’s bulging front. He moved his eyes away and tried his best to once again focus on what he was supposed to be doing.

“You can check yourself out in the mirror to make sure you really want the tattoo there.” Justin told Brian and without thinking, he took his gloves off.

Brian walked towards the mirror on the wall on the other side of Justin‘s station. He pulled his jeans down, exposing more of his abdomen.

“What do you think, Justin?” Brian called Justin who was grabbing another pair of gloves. For a minute, Justin forgot the tingling sensation Brian had compelled him to feel, and admired the art work that would be inked on the man’s skin.

It made Brian look sexier. It made him look more dangerous.

“You like it.” Justin heard Brian say.

Justin looked up and saw Brian staring at his reflection in the mirror. Justin stepped forward, stopping behind Brian, his eyes fixed on the man. Then back to Brian’s hip; dark hair peeking out from the top of his underwear. It was too late. Justin reacted before thinking. His hand landed on the tall man’s stomach, his hands that were now naked, stripped of his latex gloves, touched Brian’s hip bone, right where he wanted his tattoo.

“Do you like it?” He asked Brian.

Brian took Justin’s hand, watching the blond’s face in the mirror; he guided it inside his jeans. He heard Justin gasp when he felt his pulsing cock.

“I think I do.” Brian grinned then he turned around placing his hands on the side of Justin’s head. Justin thought Brian was going to kiss him immediately but Brian opted to take his time. A man of such beauty shouldn’t be taken so quickly, Brian thought. He let his eyes memorize the young man’s face.

Justin licked his lips as he waited for Brian’s. His hand gently massaged Brian’s member which was throbbing and seemingly begging to be released from his jeans and underwear.

Brian watched Justin lick his lips. His thumb followed Justin’s tongue over his full lips. Then he lowered his head, his mouth ready to cover Justin’s. His world was torn into two and was sewn back together - he didn’t know what he was missing before tasting Justin’s spit for the first time. And now he realized he wanted more. Brian went deeper. His tongue carefully licked the inside of Justin’s mouth, and then he teased his pink tongue.

A soft moan escaped Justin’s throat as Brian lightly sucked on his tongue. Brian’s hands were now on both his sides, tugging on his orange shirt. Justin felt naked when Brian let go of his mouth, only to feel as if he was once again burning when he started licking his neck and his throat.

Then, Brian completely disengaged himself from Justin. He stepped back to fully strip himself. Justin watched as Brian pulled his underwear and jeans all the way down to his ankles. His manhood, swelling and glistening with pre-cum sprang proudly. Justin didn’t wait for Brian to come back to him, he stepped forward, his hands reaching for the man’s hard chest; their tongues wrestled each other. Brian pushed him towards the tattoo chair; his cock pressing against his stomach. He started taking his shirt off while Brian unzipped his khaki pants. Brian’s breathing became heavy; his hands looked like a chiseled renaissance piece against Justin’s fair skin. He caressed Justin’s chest, then his stomach before groping the blond’s cock which was thick and throbbing; he rubbed Justin’s cock against his pulsing member. They stood there for what felt like an eternity in heaven; their naked bodies talking, their throbbing manhood touching each other.

Loud grunts came out of Brian’s throat as Justin started jerking them both off. Justin did this for a few minutes, and then when Brian thought he couldn’t take it anymore, he stopped Justin’s hands, and then once again devoured his mouth. Brian licked Justin from his throat all the way down his navel. His tongue teased the dirty blond hair from his navel down to his crotch.

Justin held onto the tattoo chair for support; Brian knelt in front of him, his tongue then teased the head of his dick. Brian licked him from the head all the way down to the base of his cock; then cupping his balls and lightly sucking on the head at the same time. Justin threw his head back when Brian completely put the whole of him inside his warm, wet and slippery mouth. Brian let Justin fuck his mouth, letting the head of Justin’s cock pop out from his lips then back in again. Justin’s hands moved to Brian’s head from holding onto the chair; his hips moved slowly forward and back. When he thought he was about to come, he pulled himself out of Brian’s mouth, motioning Brian to get up.

“I want you inside me.” Justin whispered. Brian hungrily kissed the blond; turning him around after grabbing a condom and a packet of lube from his jean pocket. Brian pushed Justin on the tattoo chair, he playfully rubbed his stiff cock on Justin’s backside as he bit the nape of Justin’s neck. He placed the lube on Justin’s hole, wrapped his dick with the condom and without hesitation, prepared himself to enter Justin’s body.

“Tell me you want it.” Brian said to Justin. “Tell me you want me.”

“I want you.” Justin moaned.

Brian leaned on Justin, kissing his ears then he whispered, “Say my name…”

“I want you…Brian.”

One of Brian’s hands held Justin by the nape of his neck, the other grasped him by the waist as he slowly entered Justin’s body.

A moan mixed with pleasure and pain filled Justin’s station. Brian caressed Justin’s back to ease his pain, and then planted kisses on the blond’s shoulders and neck. Slowly, Brian went back and forth; he let go of Justin’s shoulder and reached for his still hard cock. Pre-cum oozed from Justin’s slit. Brian jerked Justin off in time with his hips pumping in and out of the young man’s body.

“You feel good.” Brian sighed as he pumped harder. Justin’s hand replaced Brian’s hand around his cock.

Sweat covered their bodies as they neared climax. Brian pumped deeper into Justin’s body while Justin’s hand pulled tighter on his member. Brian’s hold on Justin became firmer. Brian didn’t have to say a word. Justin knew he was coming because his body seemed perfectly attuned to Brian’s. Another loud grunt and Brian shivered inside Justin; he felt the condom fill with Brian’s come. Justin’s come sprayed across his bare hand and the tattoo chair. They both collapsed; one body on top of the other; breathing heavily, both satiated but not completely.

One hand caressed Justin’s blond head, then it was followed by kisses on his neck. “How about my tattoo?” Brian whispered in Justin’s ear once again.

Justin grinned. He tried to turn his head around to look at Brian.

“Do you know that machine right there is about 4 lbs? Both of my wrists are kind of tired. I think we might have to re-schedule.” Then he rested his head back down on the chair. Brian pulled out of Justin but didn’t move his naked body from Justin’s soft skin.

Brian once again kissed Justin on the neck. “The shop won’t be open tomorrow.”

“How come?”

“Pride parade.” Brian reminded Justin.

“That’s right.” Justin said. “Well, we’re going to have to re-schedule it some other day then.”
Brian stood up pulling Justin with him. “I have no problem with that.”
Justin smiled. “In the meantime, I have to close the shop.” Now Justin was the one who could not resist kissing Brian’s neck.

“Not until we are done with our second round.” Brian grinned guiding the tattoo artist’s hand yet one more time, towards his growing member.

~FIN~