Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just when you were all wondering if I was ever going to update the story, here is the latest chapter.

Holiday Happenings

This story is a sequel to "Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad".  You don't have to read that story first but this story will make more sense if you do.

Brian and Justin are established partners, sharing custody of Gus and raising Brian's nephews.  This is how they I think they would celebrate fall & winter holidays. 

I don't own the characters just the situations.

Chapter 28

Justin thought maybe Brian was joking.

"Did your mother really wish us both Happy New Year?"

Brian laughed.

"Yes Justin, you have been wished a happy new year by Joan Kinney.  Deal with it."

Justin was still wide eyed and just shook his head with amazement.  John and Peter laughed at his reaction.

John finally offered his opinion.

"I think Grandmother must really hate Ron to take your side over him."

Brian smiled.

"You are probably correct.  I don't think this is really an attitude change for Joanie.  She just found someone she finds more objectionable than Justin and me.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not."

Justin smiled at Brian.

"Wait until I tell my Mother.  She won't believe it!"

"Well I don't think Mother Taylor has to completely change her opinion of Joanie."

Justin & Peter challenged Brian & John to a ping pong match.  Each team had won a game and they were in the midst of game three when Alice called down that dinner was ready.

They knew Alice would ask so they all washed their hands in the lower level powder room before going up to the kitchen.  Alice did indeed ask John & Peter if they had washed their hands which made all four of them laugh.

Brian held up his hands.

"I can report that all four of us washed our hands because we knew that we would be questioned about our hygiene."

Alice shrugged.

"Well you should all wash your hands before eating dinner because it is the right thing to do not because I am going to ask about it."

Brian smirked, Justin chuckled and Alice rolled her eyes at John & Peter which made them laugh.

During dinner Justin brought Brian and the nephews up to date on Debbie & Joe.  He asked the boys to be nice to Joe the next night.  He was positive Debbie would drag Joe along with her and Carl despite whatever objections Joe raised.  Brian just smiled and shook his head.  He knew Debbie was delighted to have a new boy to look after in her own over the top style.  He wondered how Carl would take the news of a new occupant in their house.

Alice let Brian and Justin know that she had purchased all the necessary supplies for the following night.  She had checked with Jennifer and purchased everything needed for their New Year's Day dinner.  John and Peter were new to the tradition of pork & sauerkraut dinner on New Year's day to bring good luck but if Grandmom Jen thought it was the thing to do they were more than happy to go along with the idea.

After dessert and cleanup John & Peter went to their rooms.  Brian gave Justin a look and the blond shrugged.

"Maybe they just need to process this whole returning father thing.  I kind of understand, I'm still trying to process the whole Christmas gifts from Craig thing.

John and Peter don't seem to have any doubt that we will fight to retain custody.  That is a good thing.  I have a hard time believing Ron Townsend has any hope of getting custody. 

We don't have much time left to fuck this year so let's go upstairs and make the most of what time we have left."

Brian quickly checked the doors and set the alarm before leading the way up to their bedroom.  The two men laughed as they raced to get naked and onto their bed.  They quickly put their mouths to better use.

Afterwards as they lay in bed Justin shifted to look Brian in the eye.

"So what is going on in that mind of yours?  I can hear the wheels grinding from here."

"Just thinking about the past year."

Justin raised his eyebrows and just looked at Brian.

"I know Sunshine, I am not normally given to reflecting on the past.  This has been a year of big changes, some good, some bad.  Suddenly we find ourselves guardians for my sister's devil spawn, playing a much larger role in Gus's life and anticipating the arrival of out twins.

Sometimes I can't believe this is really my life.  Tonight when my mother wished us a happy new year I started to think about what that means.  What would make my new year happy?"

Justin untangled himself from Brian and sat up in bed.  He turned to face his partner.

"And have you come up with any conclusions?"

Brian put his arm around Justin and pulled him close.

"The one thing that never changes is that as long as you are here beside me, I am always happy.  Whatever happens I always know that together we can handle anything that comes along. 

Justin, you know, this was never what I thought my life would be like.  Every once in a while I think about that, what I thought my life would be like.  You fucked up any vision I had of my future."

Justin chuckled.

"Well it certainly isn't your sweet talking that kept me with you all these years."

Brian grunted,

"Don't act like your feeling are hurt.  You know, all too well, how important you are to me.  I'm happy, happier than I have ever been.  I love you, I love Gus.  Fuck I even love John and Peter. 

I just can't help wondering how I got to this point.  Usually I just decide some things make no sense and you just have to accept them."

Justin laughed.

"I can understand why you don't get reflective too often.  You really suck at it."

Brian's answer was to lean down and kiss those inviting, soft pink lips.

"You are just lucky I so adore you because you are often fucking annoying."

Justin settled back down at Brian's side and both men fell asleep with smiles on their faces.

Next morning when the four occupants of the house came down for breakfast they were surprised to see Alice already in the kitchen.  She was busy baking Happy New Year cookies.

Justin smiled, he knew Alice, Debbie and his mother had been conference calling all week.  They were all looking forward to spending time with all the kids.  Even Chuck and Nancy were attending the big, invitation only party at Babylon.  Alice & Charlie's three grandchildren would be joining the festivities at the house and spending the night at the cottage with their grandparents.

After breakfast Charlie arrived in the house with a box of decorations.  He recruited John & Peter to help put up streamers in the family room and down in the game room.  Brian and Justin got showered, with some distractions, and dressed before driving to Pittsburgh to pick up Gus & JR.

Before going to Lindsay & Mel's house, Brian & Justin stopped at Babylon to check on the preparations for the New Year's Eve party.   Ted was already there checking with the club manager to be sure every detail was covered.

While Brian & Ted grilled the club manager Justin walked around the dance floor to observe the special decorations being put up.  The decorations were based on drawings that Justin had created for Brian.  Justin was observing his drawings come to life with a smile on his face when Brian came up behind him.

Brian out his arms around Justin and rested his chin on Justin's head.

"What do you think of the decorations Sunshine?"

"They look great!  They did a great job recreating my sketches."

Brian planted a quick kiss on the top of Justin's head.

"Your sketches were far better than the finished product but they aren't too bad."

Justin leaned back into his partner and smiled.

"Well I think the decorations look beautiful.  This will be the best New Year's ever at Babylon."

Brian tightened his arms around Justin.

"Well everything is under control here.  Let's head over to pick up the kids.  We can have an early lunch at the diner."

Gus & JR had been watching out the window for Brian & Justin to arrive.  The kids had the front door open before the men got out of the car.

As Brian and Justin walked up to the porch they noticed JR had managed to get herself into first position at the door.  As they stepped onto the porch Brian whispered "Switch".

Justin moved in front of Brian and was able to swing JR up into the air as she ran towards them.  Brian stepped around and grabbed Gus, lifting him into his arms.

JR knew she had been outsmarted but actually liked Uncle Jus the best.  Uncle Bri could be a little scary.  She was a smart little girl and knew she would never replace Gus in Uncle Bri's affections.  She thought she might stand a better chance with Uncle Jus but realized even that was a long shot. 

JR loved sending time with Gus's Daddies.  Their house was the most fun and Uncle Jus along with both Mr & Mrs Simpson were expert hair plaiters.   Uncle Ben was pretty good at plaits but JR's Dad was a lost cause when it came to hair styles.

Brian & Justin always wanted JR to feel special and were happy to buy her gifts and pay her school tuition.  At the same time it annoyed them that Michael & Ben never included Gus in any activity they did with JR.  Debbie & Carl always made an effort to include Gus in whatever they did with JR.  Gus often preferred spending time with his fathers & cousins but always made sure to thank Grandmom Deb & Grandpop Carl for the invites.

Both his Daddy & his Papa wanted Gus to be absolutely certain that he was number one with them without slighting JR.  It was a tricky dance but so far it seemed to be working out okay.

Lindsay ad Mel came down the hall from the kitchen telling Gus & JR to at least let Brian & Justin get inside before attacking them.  Justin laughed.

"It's always a thrill to have anyone so happy to see us."

He gave JR a kiss on the cheek before leaning over to Gus, in Brian's arms, and also giving him a kiss on the cheek.  Once Gus established himself as being the most important to his Daddy he squirmed to get down.

"Daddy can you come down to the playroom and see my hot wheels track before we go?  Me and Dylan did a lot of work on it when he was over here the other day.  Ahh.. Papa helped me too before Dylan got here."

Brian smiled knowing how little help Justin provided in setting up a hot wheels track.  He looked over at Justin who just shrugged.

"My skills lie in other areas."

Brian chuckled as he and Gus started down the basement playroom.  Justin put JR down so Mel could take her upstairs to go potty before they left.

Lindsay & Justin followed them up the stairs to take a look at Gus's mural and talk about how they wanted to proceed.   Justin suggested that next they work at laying out the mural on JR's wall.  That way Lindsay could get to work on the border of that mural while Justin worked on Gus's mural.  Lindsay was delighted with the idea. 

As they were leaving Melanie came out on the porch.  She glanced down to Justin's new SUV parked in front of the house.

"So Justin, Brian gives you a Christmas gift just so that he can drive around in a Mercedes showing off for Liberty Avenue."

Justin saw the frown on Gus's face and felt the flush rise on his own face.

"Actually Mel I'm driving today.  That's the way things work in a good relationship.  No one person is always in the driver's seat.

Brian, would you please get the kids in the car.  I need to talk to Melanie for a minute."

Brian took a look at Justin, no hint of a sunshine smile there.  He took Gus & JR by the hands.

"Come on guys, let's get you all strapped in to your car seats."

Justin took a couple steps closer to Melanie and spoke very softly.

"Melanie, I know you are not a stupid person.  Therefore I must conclude you are merely a thoughtless person.  I cannot understand why you insist upon making snide comments about Brian in front of Gus.  You're a fucking lawyer, you should certainly be aware from Gus's reactions how unhappy your bitchiness makes him!"

"I could say more if I wanted to.  Suddenly everyone thinks Brian is some sort of saint.  You may forget how he acted in the past, how he hurt people but I remember it all too well."

Justin took a deep breath.

"Brian never set out to hurt anyone.  His unwillingness to compromise who he is may have caused hurt feelings but that was because people had unrealistic ideas about how Brian should behave.

What you seem to have forgotten is how much you should be grateful for everything Brian has done for you.  He has paid outrageous support for Gus's every need for years.  Not only things for Gus but for JR as well.  Michael contributes nothing towards his daughter's support but somehow you make Brian the villain in your life.

I have no idea how you would have rescued yourself from your ill thought-out Canadian fiasco without our financial assistance.  Let's not forget about Lindsay's health insurance and extra medical expenses.  Even this house was bought with our money.  My mother even bought you new appliances for the kitchen.

Brian can take care of himself although I reserve the right to explain how I feel to you about your behavior towards him.  However I refuse to allow you to continue to hurt Gus."

Melanie crossed her arms.

"I think you are confused about the role you play in my life!  You have no right to tell me how to behave.  You seem to be prepared to accept whatever Brian dishes out but I won't do that.  You'll have to make peace with that because I won't be dictated to by you or anyone else."

Justin smiled.

"Okay.  Find a new school for JR because we will no longer pay her tuition.  Find new financing for the house because we are exercising our option to call the loan due.  Get all your legal issues lined up because we are going to sue for custody of Gus.

Keep in mind I know about all the skeletons in your closet and they will all be put on display at the custody hearing.   You would do well to remember that people who live in glass houses really should not throw stones!  You have no idea who you are fucking with but you are going to find out very quickly."

Justin turned and walked to the car leaving Melanie standing on the porch with her mouth open.  Justin got into the driver's seat.  He gave Brian a big sunshine smile.

"So everyone ready for lunch at the diner?"

Gus & JR cheered from the back seat as Justin started the car and pulled away.  Melanie was still standing on the porch looking after the car.

Brian looked over at Justin with a quizzical expression but all he got was a Sunshine smile.

"Everything okay Justin?"

"It's going to be!"

As Justin parked down the street from the diner he saw Michael hurry out the door and run down the street.  He turned to Brian who just shrugged.  Luckily neither Gus nor JR saw Michael.

When they got in the diner Debbie rushed over to say hello.  They all got hugs and kisses but Justin could tell Deb was not herself.  She was upset about something.

"Deb I hope you aren't working too late today.  You'll need your strength to cope with all the kids at our house tonight."

Debbie smiled.

"Don't worry about that Sunshine.  Carl and I are looking forward to our New Year's Eve celebration at your house."

When they got to an empty booth Brian made sure Gus slid in before getting in beside him.  JR & Justin sat on the opposite side.  Kiki came and took their order.  After she turned their order in, she came back and asked Brian if she could talk to him.

Brian followed Kiki to the front of the diner and out onto the sidewalk.

"Sorry to bother you with this but Debbie is really upset.  She's in the back alley crying.  Michael was just in here.  I'm not sure what he wanted but there was some yelling and then he left in a hurry."

Brian thanked Kiki and went down the alley to the back of the diner.  Debbie was standing by the trash cans, fixing her makeup.

"So Ma?  What's going on?"

Debbie jumped and sent a line of lipstick up the side of her face.

"Fuck!  You scared me!  What the fuck are you doing back here?  Go back to your booth with Sunshine and the kids."

Brian shook his head.  He pulled a clean handkerchief from his pocket and went to work on Debbie's lipstick line.

"What has Mikey done this time to get you upset?"

Debbie attempted a stern look.

"Fucking Kiki has big mouth."

Brian smiled and put his arm around Debbie's shoulders.

"We saw Mikey take off down the street when we parked out front.  Just tell me what the problem is.  What has Mikey done this time to screw up his life?"

Debbie sighed.

"It isn't just Michael.  It's the whole situation with him and Ben and Carl told me that if Michael moves in he will move out.

Ben told Michael that he has two weeks to find a job or he has to move out.  They are already staying in separate rooms so I'm not sure their relationship can be saved.  I know I baby Michael too much, I always have, but he really has no place to go.  I understand why Carl doesn't want Michael to move in but I can't let my son wind up on the streets."

Brian raised his eyes to heaven.

"Okay.  There is a possibility I may have a solution to the Mikey employment situation.  Cynthia is going to fucking kill me.  Kinnetic has openings for two receptionists.  The pay is low and Mikey has to understand he has to do the job.  He won't get any special consideration because we are friends.  He will work for Cynthia and she is tough so he will have to really toe the line."

Brian was surprised when Debbie shook her head.

"No Brian, I can't ask you to do that.  This isn't your problem to solve that is why I haven't asked you about a job for Michael."

"Hey Deb, if it makes you feel better it is really a tough job with crappy pay."

Debbie laughed.

"Listen.  I don't want Michael to know about this conversation.  I don't want to be the rescuer here."

Brian nodded and they walked back into the diner together.  When he walked back to the booth Justin gave Brian a look.  Brian shrugged and just said he had to talk to Debbie about something.  Justin nodded but Brian knew there would be questions later.

*************************************************************************************

A stunned Melanie remained standing on the porch watching the car driving away.  She thought this was the second time this holiday season she had experienced the un-sunshiney side of Justin.  Both times he was criticizing her treatment of Gus.  Finally the frigid temperatures of a Pittsburgh winter reminded her to go inside.

When Melanie turned after closing and locking the front door, Lindsay came out of the kitchen wearing just her unbuttoned blouse and panties.  She was carry a tray with strawberries and a bowl of chocolate sauce.  She smiled at Mel.

"Well, alone at last.  I thought maybe we should go upstairs and rest for a while.  This will be a late night for us at Babylon."

For an instant Melanie thought about saying she wasn't going to Babylon but the smile on Lindsay's face changed her mind.  She walked over and gently kissed Lindsay's lips.

"That sounds like an excellent idea to me.  Lead the way."

*************************************************************************************

Just as Brian & Justin were leaving with the kids, Carl & Joe walked into the diner to pick up Debbie.  Carl was laughing at whatever Joe had just said.  Gus spotted Joe and ran over to him.

"Hi Joe, Hi Grandpop Carl."

Joe bent down to give Gus a hug.

"Hey Gus.  Thanks buddy for the Christmas presents.  I guess I'll see you later tonight.  I'm coming to your Dads' house with Debbie and Carl."

Gus was thrilled.  Another big boy to play with!

"That's great!  We are going to have so much fun and there will be lots to eat and Grandmom Jen is coming with Tucker.  Wait until you see the great trains I got for Christmas.  Daddy and Papa had a whole room made to hold my train platform."

Joe couldn't help smiling at Gus's enthusiasm.  Brian & Justin came over with JR and introduced her to Joe.  Justin was delighted that Carl seemed okay with Joe moving into the house.  He smiled at Carl.

"You guys look like you are having a good time."

Carl chuckled.

"I just took Joe to the Big Q to get some new stuff for his room.  He just told me all the Captain Astro stuff gave him nightmares last night."

Justin laughed and said that the Captain Astor motif did take some getting used to.  He congratulated Joe on getting Debbie to change it.  He made the unknowing faux pas of saying that he thought Debbie was secretly hoping Michael would come back to live in his room again someday.

Justin sensed he said something wrong when Carl's expression changed to a frown and Brian tensed beside him.  Good byes were exchanged and Brian, Justin and the kids headed back to Washington Township.

By the time they got home JR was asleep in her car seat.  Brian carried her into the family room, deposited her on a couch and pulled a fleece throw over her.  JR never woke up but snuggled down onto the couch.  Gus brought Mr Rabbit over and tucked it in next to his sister.

Justin and Gus took the kids' stuff upstairs and Brian headed down to the study.  Alice was left with the job of keeping her eye on the sleeping JR.

Justin & Gus started to prepare the bedrooms for some of the overnight guests.  They pulled the trundle out from under Gus's bed and set up a cot in the small guest room, which JR always used, for Nina to sleep on.

Debbie & Carl were going to use the big guest room and Jennifer & Tucker would spend the night in a room in the Sorority House.  Molly & Mark would use the other third floor bedroom after they got home from Babylon.

In the study Brian called Cynthia at home.  First he told her she was getting a raise.  Because she knew Brian so well a suspicious Cynthia said she didn't want the raise until she heard what heinous duty Brian wanted her to perform.

Brian told her that he was hurt she suspicious of his motives.  He explained that in addition to the raise he had helped her by finding a candidate for the receptionist job. 

Cynthia gave a one word reply.  "Who?"

When Brian answered she hung up.  He redialed, someone picked up and immediately hung up.  Brian called Ted at home.  He explained the Mikey/Cynthia situation.  When Ted stopped laughing Brian asked him to call Cynthia and tell her Mikey would do a good job at the reception desk.  That started Ted laughing again so Brian hung up on him.

He was sitting at the desk looking annoyed when Justin came into the study.  Gus was helping Alice in the kitchen. 

"Brian what is going on with you?"

Brian pushed the chair back and opened his arms.  Justin came over and sat in Brian's lap.

"Well to start Debbie and Carl had a big fight about the possibility of Mikey returning home if Ben follows through on his threat to break up.  Carl told Debbie if Michael moves in then Carl will move out.  That is why Carl frowned when you joked about Debbie secretly hoping that Mikey returns to the nest."

Justin nodded.

"Well that answers two of my MANY questions for you.  That is what you & Debbie were talking about and why Carl frowned when I made that joke.  I doesn't explain what is going on with you!"

Brian sighed dramatically.

"I've been weak Sunshine.  You know I can't deal with tears, it really isn't my fault.  Explain that to Cynthia tonight.  She'll listen to you."

"You aren't answering my question.  You are just making me more confused.  What does Cynthia have to do with Debbie and her issues?"

Brian hugged Justin tighter to him.

"Well... Ben is holding firm on Mikey getting a real job with benefits.  Debbie started to cry, what could I do?  Anyway I mentioned that Kinnetic has two openings for receptionists."

Justin attempted to stand up but Brian held him tight.

"Justin you would have done the same thing if you saw the state Debbie was in.  She was crying really hard.  What else could I do?  Mikey has no place to go and really who is going to hire him, he has no actual skills."

Justin sighed.

"Cynthia is going to kill you or quit, I'm not sure which would be better."

"Funny not Sunshine!  I called her and she hung up on me when I explained that she was getting a raise and that I helped solve the reception desk situation.  She didn't even thank me."

Justin laughed until tears were running down his face.  Brian picked up the phone when it rang.  It was Ted.

"Cynthia said to stick the raise up your ass.  She cannot be bribed and she hates you.  Emmett told me how upset Debbie is about the Michael, Ben and the job situation.  I explained to Cynthia that you were really doing this for Debbie.

Lucky for you Cynthia likes Debbie.  She hates you, despises Michael but likes Debbie.  She said and I quote, send the little cretin in to the office on Monday to fill out paperwork and make sure he knows that I expect him to do a good job or his ass will be out on the street.  So happy new year's Boss, see you later."

Brian thanked Ted and hung up.  Justin had his ear close enough to the phone to hear Ted's side of the conversation.  He turned so he could kiss Brian.

"So looks like you lucked out.  Not sure how lucky you will feel with Michael as an employee.  He is going to wear a path in the floor between the reception desk and your office."

Brian shook his head.

"Fucking Debbie and her fucking tears!"

That comment started Justin laughing again.  Gus knocked on the door and Brian told him to come in.  Gus was happy to see Papa laughing so hard but neither man would explain what was so funny.

Brian distracted Gus by offering to go down and play with the trains.

The first overnight guests to arrive were the Simpson grandchildren.  They burst into the house with their father following behind, reminding them to behave themselves.

A short time later Jennifer and Tucker arrived with Nina and Viola.  Nina, Suzanne Simpson and JR settled onto a couch in the Parlor so Viola could read them a story.  Jennifer deposited a bag full of noisemakers and party hats in the family room.  Tucker took the two bags of groceries he was carrying into the kitchen.

Jennifer and Alice got busy organizing the kitchen and an amused Tucker got a beer from the refrigerator and settled onto a bar stool.  David Simpson went down to the game room where John & Peter were hanging out. 

Gus and Mark Simpson were playing fish with Charlie at the kitchen table when the O'Brien boys and Josh Gardner arrived.  As usual Kevin came running into the room to find Gus.  Patrick, Josh and Greg O'Brien followed Kevin into the kitchen.  The three youngest boys went downstairs to play with the trains.

Josh and Patrick said hello to everyone before joining the other boys in the game room.  Debbie, Carl along with Joe arrived just as Greg was leaving.  He got introduced to Joe in the driveway. 

Debbie came loaded with food and Carl had an ice chest with several bottles of champagne for the adults and sparkling cider for the kids.  Debbie joined the other ladies in the kitchen.

Carl suggested poker so he, Tucker & Charlie headed to the study.   They were warned by Alice not to sit on the sofa that had been made into a bed for Viola.

Tucker & Carl both answered "Yes Mother" as they walked down the hall.  That made Charlie laugh.

Joe sat at the kitchen counter until Debbie filled several bowls with snacks.  She handed two bowls to Joe and took some herself as she led the way down to the game room.  She introduced Joe to everyone.

"Now I expect you all to fucking get along and behave yourself.  Don't forget that Carl is a cop.  If any of you misbehave I get him to throw your ass in jail for the night."

No one but Gus was really used to Debbie so they weren't completely sure what to make of her announcement.  Gus assured everyone that Grandmom Debbie was just kidding about jail but they better all be sure and behave anyway.

By the time Brian and Justin came downstairs dressed in their clubbing clothes Jennifer was doing manicures and pedicures in the family room.  She was assisted by Viola who took care of cleaning and shaping the girls' nails before Jennifer applied the polish.  She had several bottles of different glitter polish.  Jennifer had done her own nails in gold glitter earlier today.  She planned to do Viola, Debbie & Alice's nails later in the evening.

Debbie and Alice were still busy preparing food in the kitchen and sipping wine while they worked.

None of the young girls had ever seen Brian & Justin dressed for a night at Babylon.  They were pretty awestruck by the spectacle.  Brian in his skintight black jeans, red wife beater and black leather jacket and Justin with guy-liner highlighting his eyes, wearing Brian's favorite leather pants, a gauzy sky blue shirt and a leather jacket to match Brian's looked amazing to the girls.

Debbie suggested they take a picture.  Brian snorted and told her they weren't going to a prom.  As soon as he said that he turned to Justin who smiled at him.

"Not a big deal Brian.  Relax!"

Jennifer hurried over to give them both a kiss goodbye.  They took the Corvette for the drive to the city and parked at the loft.  Ted & Blake were waiting there for them.  After the party Ted & Blake would drop them back here to spend the night.

 Brian had arranged for a stretch limo to pick up Chuck & Nancy, Bill & Mary and Greg & Roxanne.  The limo would deliver them back home at the end of the evening.  That way no one had to worry about being the designated driver.

Brian also had a town car picking up Lindsay & Melanie and another town car was picking up Emmett & Rusty along with Michael & Ben.  Everyone was looking forward to just having fun and enjoying themselves.  No worries about their kids or DUI's, just having fun dancing and drinking.

Along with the group of friends, tickets had been sold to some of Babylon's regular customer.  Among that group was Bill Gardner's brother and a bunch of his friends.

When Brian and Justin with Ted & Blake walked into Babylon the DJ was doing a final sound check.  The club manager hurried over to be sure everything looked good to Brian while there was still time to make adjustments.

 Justin had a huge sunshine smile on his face.  He looked up at Brian.

"The club looks amazing.  This is going to be an awesome night!"

The manager saw the smile on Brian's face as he gazed at Justin and he knew no adjustments would be needed.  He went over to do a final check in the kitchen.