Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Holiday Happenings

This story is a sequel to “Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad”. You don’t have to read that story first but this story will make more sense if you do.
Brian and Justin are established partners, sharing custody of Gus and raising Brian’s nephews. This is how they I think they would celebrate fall & winter holidays.
I don’t own the characters just the situations.

Chapter 13

Brian and Justin walked Eden to her car. Justin was so elated by finding out the sex of their babies Brian wasn’t sure Justin’s feet were actually touching the ground. Brian gave Eden a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. Justin and Eden clung to each other tears running down both their cheeks.

Brian and Justin waited until Eden drove away before they faced each other. Brian pulled Justin into a hug.

“We need to talk but not here in the middle of a parking lot. How about we go home and spend some time together in the study?”

Justin nodded and when he looked up into Brian’s face, Brian bent slightly to deliver a quick kiss to the inviting pink lips he could never resist. Justin rewarded the kiss with a half mast sunshine smile. He was extremely relieved that Brian was coming home and wanted to talk.

Justin did wonder if Joan was going to get her walking papers after just one night in the pool house. Whatever Brian wanted he was ready to agree with.

Brian arrived back at the house first and went into the kitchen where Alice, John & Peter were talking. Brian was amused by the obviously relieved and happy expressions on his nephews’ faces. Alice had a more questioning expression. Brian smiled at the three of them.

“I can’t tell you what we found out at the sonogram. Justin wants Jennifer to know before we tell anyone else. He wants to tell her in person.”

Brian saw Alice’s questioning expression turn into a broad smile. He used the time before Justin’s arrival to grab a couple bottles of water from the refrigerator.

When Justin walked into the kitchen he has a huge sunshine smile on his face. Alice, John and Peter all looked at him.

“Brian and I are having a son and a daughter! Isn’t that awesome!”

Alice and the boys yelled and Brian burst into laughter. Charlie chose that moment to walk through the patio doors.

“What’s going on?”

Alice turned to her husband with a smile.

“A boy and a girl. How perfect is that!”

Brian was closest to Charlie and he was surprised to be pulled into a tight hug.

“Congratulations. That is great news!”

Brian was able to disengage himself and with a bemused expression looked across the room at his partner.

“I thought Mother Taylor was supposed to be the first to hear about our babies?”

Justin chuckled.

“I knew I couldn’t wait until I saw her so I called Mom’s cell. She was showing a house to some clients. Apparently they were pretty shocked when their real estate agent screamed and burst into tears.”

Everyone laughed and Justin made his way to Brian’s side. Brian announced that he and Justin had some things to talk about. He noticed the concerned expressions on the others’ faces.

“No need for the glum expressions. We aren’t dividing up out assets or anything like that.”

Justin shook his head but the smile stayed on his face as he and Brian walked down the hall to the study. Brian’s arm loosely draped over Justin’s shoulders.

They shut the study door. Brian poured them each a small glass of Beam and they sat together on the sofa. Brian cleared his throat and started to speak but Justin gently placed a finger across his partner’s lips.

“I want to talk first.”

Brian smirked. “Of course you do Sunshine. Some things never change.”

Justin nodded and took Brian’s hand.

“One thing that will never change is that I love you with all my heart. I am always the one talking about how we need to communicate with each other and I didn’t do that. I thought I was protecting you but it was wrong not to tell you what was happening with Joan. I never want to give you any reason to think that I betrayed you.
It broke my heart when you said that to me and I realized how you could feel that way. I understood how it was my fault for not communicating with you. However I do want to say it was really fucked up not to let me know you were safe last night.”

Brian chuckled.

“I knew you weren’t to let a chance go by to tell me what I did wrong. I know that I was wrong to run out of here without listening to what you had to say. I should have at least let you know I was safe but I never considered that I wouldn’t be safe. I spent the night at the loft.

I trust you more than I have trusted anyone in my life. You are the foundation my whole life rests on. I know that sounds horribly lesbionic but it’s the truth. I never thought you and Joan were in league together. I did imagine that John and Peter felt some sympathy for her and worked on you to move her here. I know how much you like happy endings.”

Justin’s eyes filled with tears and Brian paused a moment to lean over and kiss him.

“No fair having an allergy attack! I trust you so much I am actually going to admit something. I know it was my insecurities that made me think that way. I just can’t completely accept what we mean to each other, no matter how much I try.

I mean I know it but you understand I’m fucked up inside. You are amazing, you can accept all the things that have happened to you and not be bitter about it. Somewhere at my core there is that little flicker of doubt about trusting anyone. I can remember times when things weren’t too bad growing up. Jack wouldn’t be drinking quite as much and it was almost pleasant. Each time I thought maybe it would stay that way, maybe we could be a somewhat normal family. Every time I learned the hard way that life with Jack and Joanie would always be completely fucked up.

I can’t help always feeling that eventually our life will fall apart. That I don’t deserve to be as happy as I am with you. When I came home and found my Mother living here that was my excuse. I could say I knew this wasn’t real. I knew I was a fool to trust people and be happy and think it would last.”

Justin put his arms abound Brian and hugged him as hard as he could.

“Brian I loved you from that first night we were together. I didn’t understand you but I loved you. Because I didn’t understand you I thought it was important that you wouldn’t say the words to me. I was a fool and I never, ever stopped loving you. I never stopped missing you even when I was with Ethan.

I honestly can’t conceive of anything that would make me stop loving you. I may get angry, I may even get hurt but I will always love you. I wish I had a magic wand and could erase all the hurt you endured from your parents. Craig turned out to be a homophobic asshole but when I was a little boy I felt love from him and from my Mom. There is that part of you deep inside, that hurt, that I can never fully understand but I could not love you more than I do right now.”

Justin released his hug enough to allow Brian to pull him onto his lap and kiss him.

“Justin I may not say it enough but you do know I love you. Nothing could ever make me stop loving you even if I am an asshole sometimes.”

Justin smiled and put his hand on either side of Brian’s face and looked deeply in his eyes.

“I am not that same immature boy I was when we met. I know you love me. You show me every day how much you love me. You let me all the time how much you love me even if the words are still hard for you to say.”

Justin settled against Brian’s chest. Brian put his arms around his lover and ran the fingers of one hand thought Justin’s hair. Justin sighed with contentment.

“So we are okay?”

Brian smirked.

“Sunshine as far I’m concerned we’re perfect.”

Justin smiled.

“Does Joan go back home to fend for herself? That is fine by me if that is what you want.”

Brian put a finger under Justin’s chin and raised his face so their eyes met.

“She stays. I want so badly to care nothing about her but I just can’t make myself do it. Joan was a shitty mother but I realize she had a shitty life. If she had any self-esteem she would have either killed Jack or left him.

Alice told me that if I really didn’t care about Joan I wouldn’t have gone to her house when the church called. I could have just told them to get someone else to check on her. That’s true. I hate that it is true but that’s life.”

Justin maneuvered back to sitting beside Brian on the sofa and picked up his glass.

“A toast to us. No promises about communicating better because we will probably fuck up again some time. We both know that our love will let us overcome anything.”

Brian clinked his glass against Justin’s glass and they both drained their glasses. Brian smiled.

“Sunshine, you are ridiculously romantic and that is just one reason I love you so much.”

Justin’s eye twinkled with amusement.

“You sooooooo adore me!”

“God help me, that’s true.”

After a few minutes of fierce making out, Brian grabbed the hem of Justin’s shirt and tried to pull it off him. Justin put his own hand on Brian’s to stop him removing his shirt.

“Brian! We are not going to have sex while Alice and the boys are waiting in the kitchen. You know they are waiting to see if we make up.”

“That is just what I’m trying to do Sunshine.”

“Making up does not require us to have sex.”

“I disagree!”

Justin laughed and slapped Brian’s hand, which was still holding the bottom of his shirt, before standing up.

“Later!”

Brian rolled his eyes as he stood up and adjusted his trousers.

“It’s a good thing I so adore you. Later.”

Brian and a smiling Justin walked back to the kitchen where Alice, Charlie, John and Peter tried their best to act nonchalant. They were not even close to being successful.

Justin had a big smile on his face, Brian had his no emotion face firmly in place. Brian looked around the room.

“Everything is fine. You people need to get lives of your own.”

Justin shook his head but looked at Brian with his smile still firmly in place.

Alice announced that dinner was almost ready and suggested Brian might want to go and change his clothes. Brian chuckled.

“Is that your attempt to get me out of the kitchen so Joan’s dinner can get delivered without me knowing it? Justin and I just had a discussion about the importance of communicating and now you let us down. I’m disappointed in you.”

Alice just rolled her eyes when Brian came over and gave her a quick hug.

“We’ll forgive you this time but you need to work on your communication skills. I think Justin and I will take Joan out her dinner tonight.”

Brian was pleased by all the shocked expressions his statement caused. Justin just shrugged and walked over to help carry things out to the pool house.

Brian and Justin went out the patio door carrying Joan’s dinner and dessert. Brian gave a quick knock on the pool house door before sliding it open. Joan looked up and was surprised to see her son and Justin instead of her grandsons.

“Brian! You are back from your business trip.”

“Mother you know the rules.” With a nod of his head Brian indicated Justin, who was arranging things on the table.

Joan frowned but did say hello to Justin.

Brian looked around the room.

“Well Mother it seems like things have been arranged to make you quite comfortable here. Justin and I found out some big news today. We are expecting a son and a daughter in June.”

Joan continued to frown.

“I know you can’t expect me to congratulate you for circumventing God’s plan once again. I’ll pray for those poor innocent children.”

“Mother your view of life is so fucked up. There is no mystery why you are so alone in the world.”

“Brian must you always be so crude?”

“Mother must you always be so fucking self-righteous?”

Justin chuckled.

“Looks like the answer to both those questions is a resounding yes. Hope you enjoy your dinner Mrs Kinney. Call the house phone if you need anything.”

Brian took Justin’s hand and they went in the house leaving a disgruntled Joan to eat her dinner alone.

When they got back in the house Brian went upstairs to change his clothes. Alice told Justin dinner was ready to be served before she and Charlie left for the cottage. Alice had made a Rosemary chicken with roasted vegetables and baked sweet potatoes. All of the food was among Brian’s favorites. Justin smiled as he transferred the food to serving dishes.

John & Peter were happy to see Uncle Justin smiling but knew better than to ask any questions. They were still a little unsure about what was going on with the Uncles. Brian reappeared just as Justin finished carving the chicken.

Brian opened a nice bottle of white wine and poured glasses for himself and Justin. They all sat down to dinner. It was a little quiet at first but Justin asked Peter what happened at school today and that started the nephews telling about their day. Brian smiled and squeezed Justin’s thigh under the table.

Brian continued the conversation by asking what John & Peter had planned for their weekend with Grandmom Jen and Tucker. When the boys started talking about all the things they had planned Brian made everyone laugh by telling Justin to call his mother and warn her to get a good night’s sleep on Thursday night as she would need all her strength for the weekend.

After dinner while the boys cleaned the kitchen, Brian went to the study to check his emails and Justin went to the Parlor to call Daphne and tell her about the babies. While they cleaned the kitchen John & Peter discussed whether everything was back to normal with the uncles. They decided things were good and were relieved the uncles had resolved their issues.

The four occupants of the house eventually came together in the media room. Justin first made sure that John & Peter has finished all their homework and then they watched a mindless TV show. When the show was over Brian stretched widely and announced he was exhausted and going up to bed. Much to his nephews’ amusement he followed that statement up by saying.

“Coming up to bed Justin?”

Justin smiled and held up an arm for Brian to pull him up from the couch.

“Yeah I’m pretty tired. I was up late last night waiting for a phone call that never came.”

Brian frowned and smacked Justin’s butt.

“That’s funny I got a late phone call that disturbed my rest.”

Justin laughed as they started at the door.

“That is funny and somewhat satisfying.”

John & Peter chuckled as they listened to Brian and Justin bickering as they climbed the stairs. They smiled and looked at each other. John commented.

“Yup things are back to normal!”

Once they were in their bedroom and the door was locked Brian and Justin quickly divested themselves of their clothes and raced to the bed. Brian and Justin competed on exploring their lover’s body with their mouth and their hands.

Finally Justin pulled away from Brian and reached into the drawer of the bedside table and grabbed a tube of lube.

“Brian I need you inside me! I need you to fuck me now!”

As Justin prepared his hole with lube Brian continued to kiss the soft pale skin of his Sunshine. Justin lay on his back and raise his legs as Brian moved into position. With Justin’s feet resting in his shoulders Brian leaned in to kiss his lover as he quickly slid into Justin’s ass.

Justin’s lube covered hand went to work on his own cock as Brian’s cock moved in and out of him. Justin grunted as they continued kissing. It didn’t take long Justin long to cum as Brian repeatedly hit his prostate. Brian was not far behind as he thrust all the way in and then relaxed against Justin’s body as he climaxed.

They broke their kiss and Brian reclined next to Justin who snuggled against his side. Brian reached into his bedside table and handed Justin a couple wipes to clean himself off.

Brian had his arm around Justin holding him close. He ran his fingers through Justin’s hair as they both worked on getting their breathing back to normal.

“I missed you Sunshine!”

Justin turned his head and kissed Brian’s shoulder.

“That’s just as it should be.”

That answer made Brian chuckle.

“You are way too sure of yourself.”

Justin had a huge sunshine smile on his face.

“No Brian! I am sure of you. And I’m sure we need a shower.”

Blowjobs were exchanged in the shower and by the time Brian and Justin were dried off and relaxing in bed they were both ready for sleep. After two night away from each other and the added drama of last night they were happy just to be curled up together in bed.

In the morning Justin actually got up when the alarm went off. When Brian came out of the bathroom dressed and ready for his day he was surprised to see the bed empty. When he got down to the kitchen Justin was busy making him an egg white omelet.

Justin pushed down the toaster loaded with wheat bread. Brian smiled as he filled his mug with coffee and added his usual massive amount of sugar. Brian sat at the counter and watched as Justin plated his omelet and added the wheat toast.

“This is a surprise Sunshine.”

Justin gave his lover a huge sunshine smile.

“I like to surprise you and I love you a lot. I just wanted to do a little something special for you this morning.”

Brian couldn’t resist.

“I love you too Sunshine. Thanks for breakfast, this is a really nice surprise.”

Justin went back to cooking pancakes as he and Brian chatted. After putting most of the pancakes in the over to keep them warm. Justin sat down beside Brian to eat some pancakes. He held up a forkful of gooey syrup covered pancake. Brian leaned down and took the offered forkful of food.

He and Justin were chuckling when John & Peter came down the back stairs. Justin told them there were pancakes in the oven for their breakfast. Brian reminded the boys that they had to have some fruit with their breakfast.

John cut a cantaloupe in half, he and Peter each ate half before digging into the pancakes. Alice arrived and was surprised to see everyone having breakfast. Justin let her know there were still some pancakes in the oven that she could use for Joan’s breakfast. Alice sliced some cantaloupe, filled a travel mug with coffee and glass with juice. She loaded it all on a tray and took it out to the pool house. Alice made sure to let Joan know that Justin has made the pancakes.

Brian kissed Justin good bye and left for Kinnetik. A few seconds later Josh texted Peter to say he and his mother would be there for school pick up soon. The boys gathered their school supplies and were gone by the time Alice came back into the kitchen.

Alice had the dishes from Joan’s dinner the night before. Alice had decided Joan could rinse off the dishes one handed so that no one had to go out to the pool house to collect them after dinner. Alice poured herself a cup of coffee and sat beside Justin at the counter.

“So everything is okay?”

Justin smiled.

“Yes. Brian and I had a good talk.”

Alice nodded.

“Is Brian okay with Joan staying in the pool house?”

“Yes. He isn’t thrilled but understands why we came up with this plan. As soon as she is able to be on her own she goes back to her house!”

Alice smiled.

“I think that is something we can all agree with. I can’t understand her attitude. She should be thrilled to have a fine son like Brian. Instead she just wants to find fault and be alone. I can’t even conceive of just cutting off contact with one of my children.”

Justin shrugged.

“Brian told her about the babies. Joan told us we were going against god and she would pray for the innocent children.”

“She is an idiot!”

Justin chuckled.

“She really is her own worst enemy.”

Alice went to work cleaning up the kitchen and Justin went to his studio. He wanted to call Emmett and let him know about the babies. Justin was pretty sure Brian would let Cynthia and Ted know the sonogram results so Justin wanted to tell Emmett before he heard the news from someone else.

On Thursday night Justin lay on their bed browsing through an art magazine while Brian packed their bags for New York. Justin smiled as Brian extracted clothes from Justin’s section of the closet and looked at them with disdain. Occasionally Brian would look over at Justin and frown.

“Really Sunshine you are not a teenager any more. Why do you insist on still dressing like one?”

“Brian there are clothes hanging in the closet that you picked out for me. You could just pack them without conducting a complete appraisal of my wardrobe.”

Brian shook his head.

“I hope we can find some time to shop for you while we are in New York.”

Justin put down his magazine.

“I can assure you that I will NOT have any time to spend hours in overpriced men’s stores while we are in New York.”

Brian sighed as he folded the clothes he had purchased for Justin and put them in his suitcase. Justin rolled his eyes and went back to his magazine. Brian went into the bathroom and emerged with his arms full of toiletries which were placed in plastic cases and loaded into the suitcases which he then closed and put them by the bedroom door.

“Have you talked to your mother about dealing with Joanie while we are gone?”

“Yes Brian! I told Mom that Joan is staying in the pool house and I believe she is going to avoid her as much as possible.”

Brian nodded and Justin rolled his eyes again.

“What was that for? I just wanted to be sure Mother Taylor knew what was going on here.”

“Brian I am absolutely sure that Alice has kept Mom up to date on all the Joan news. Even if she hasn’t I think Mom could take Joan in a fair fight if both her arms were working. A one armed Joan wouldn’t stand a chance against my Mom.

Why are you being such a nudge about this trip? We have been to New York before and we are only going for two nights. Just come over here and fuck me.”

Brian actually thought that was a good plan and went with it.