Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

THE NEXT MORNING, Michael was woken up by his buzzing cell phone that was within reach on the nightstand. He looked at who was calling and cursed under his breath.

"Hold on," Michael whispered as he climbed out of bed, where Justin was still asleep, and went into the living room.

"Okay, I can talk," he said into the phone in his normal volume.

"Where are you?" his agent and friend Ted Schmidt asked, sounding pissed off.

"In New York," Michael said calmly.

"Why the hell are you in New York?"

"I came to help out a friend."

"Get your ass back to LA like, now," Ted demanded.

"Why, what's going on?"

"You're wanted for a romantic comedy. They're hoping to get Jennifer Lawrence as your love interest."

"Oh come on, Theodore. I don't do those anymore. I have to be in Florida tomorrow, anyway," Michael lied.

"Don't call me that and besides, it's a great script. I think you'll love it. "

"Okay, I'll take a look at it. I'll be back in LA in a few hours," said Michael, not realizing he had told the truth until he said it.

"You'd better be."

Michael got off the phone and hurried to pack his things as quietly as he could, taking care of packing the sketch that Justin gave to him. He then got dressed before calling his pilot and chauffeur in LA.

He looked around the room, making sure he didn't forget anything. Everything seemed right, but wrong somehow. He would never forget that over just a few days, he had become friends with his number one fan. If Justin wouldn't accept his offer to work with him one day at his new club, then Michael was going to miss him dearly, which felt odd to him since he rarely ever missed anyone.

Once Michael had finished packing, he made a pot of coffee. While it was brewing, Dylan walked into the kitchen.

"Up so early," Dylan said.

"Yeah, a few things came up. I have to leave soon.""

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you and having you as a guest in our home."

"The pleasure was mine."

The alarm hadn't gone off yet, but the smell of coffee in the air woke Justin up a short time later. He sat up and looked around, noticing that Michael wasn't in bed next to him. He got up and went into the kitchen, finding Michael sipping a cup of coffee.

"Good morning," Justin greeted sleepily.

"Did I wake you?" Michael asked.

"Nah, the smell of coffee did."

"I hope you don't mind that I made a pot. Dylan already had some."

"Where is she?"

"Getting Kelly ready for school," Michael said. "How do you take your coffee?"

"Same way you do," Justin answered.

"Of course you do," Michael said in a teasing manner before he started fixing Justin a cup. "How did you sleep?"

"Very well, thank you. The best sleep in days, weeks, months-"

"I get it, I get it," Michael said with a laugh. "Do you have any classes today?"

"Yeah, just one. It starts in two hours."

Suddenly Justin's phone rang, and he answered it after looking at the display.

"Hello Daphne," Justin said sweetly.r32;  

"Is he there?" Daphne asked him.

"Yes, he's here," Justin said with a smile.

"Can I talk to him?"

"Daphne, you're terrible."

"Please? Please, pretty please?"

"Hold on," he said before turning to Michael. "Hey, my best friend is on the phone and she's begging me to have you talk to her."

Michael motioned for Justin to give him the phone.

"Hello, Justin's best friend Daphne. This is Michael Novotny."

"Oh my God!" Daphne screamed.

Michael pulled the phone away from his ear and shook his head. He then put the phone on speaker.

"Sorry about that," Daphne said, a bit out of breath.

"So, you're actually Justin best friend?"

"Yes sir, we met each other the first day in art school."

"Very cool. Is there anything I should know about him?" Michael asked, glancing over at Justin.

Justin hit him on the arm playfully.

"Well, I haven't known him for very long, but what you see is what you get. He's the best friend that anyone could ever ask for."

"Yeah, I can see that," Michael said, smiling at Justin. "Is there anything I should know about you?"

"I love you and I want to marry you, but since you're gay, I don't think that'll work out," Daphne said.

"No, it won't, but thanks," Michael said, laughing. "Do you want to talk to Justin now?"

"Nah, I'd rather talk to you."

Justin's mouth dropped open in shock.

"I see," Michael said in amusement. "Well, how about I meet you sometime?"

"Are you serious?" Daphne asked, beginning to ramble a mile a minute. "Like, how about today? I have a class with Justin. You think you can take him and we could meet outside of the school? Oh my God, I'm so excited."

"Hey girl, take a chill pill. Breathe," Justin told her.

"Sorry, I get carried away sometimes. I'm not used to being around famous people like you are."

"I still get starstruck sometimes, too. I nearly cried the first time I met Adam Lambert, even before he was ever on American Idol," Michael admitted, taking a second to decide whether he had time to go to the school with Justin before he had to head to the airport. "Sure, I'll go with Justin to school to meet you."

"That's so awesome!" Daphne said.

"We'll see you soon."

"See ya," she said before hanging up.

Michael handed the phone back to Justin, who had a fake pout on his face.

"I think she found a new best friend. She's mental, but I love her."

Michael smiled. "She sounds like a nice girl."

"She is. You really don't have to take me to school."

"If I don't, she'll probably hound you for life."

Justin nodded. "Yeah, you're probably right."

They later arrived at the school in a taxi. Justin found Daphne standing near the main entrance to the building and rolled down his window.

"Hey Daphne, come over here!" he called out to her.

Daphne ran towards the car as Justin and Michael stepped out onto the sidewalk.

"Oh my God, it's really you!" Daphne squealed when she got closer to Michael.

"And hey, it's really you!" Michael echoed. "I recognize you from your picture. Speaking of, I have something for you."

Michael took out an envelope from his jacket pocket and handed it to Daphne.

"Thank you," Daphne said shyly before pulling out an autographed picture of Michael as Robin. "Thanks, Michael. This is amazing."

"You're welcome, Daphne."

Daphne turned to Justin and said, "Oh my God, he just said my name!"

"What's with you? You never acted like this when I told you about Brian."

"That's because I've never met the man and I hate him."

Michael laughed. "You have good taste."

"Yeah, I know."

"Hey, we'd better get to class," Justin said to Daphne.

"Oh, do we have to?" she said, looking at Justin with puppy dog eyes.

"Yes, we have to."

"I'll see you later, Justin," Michael said, hoping that he actually would.

"Bye, Michael," Justin said before heading into the building with Daphne.

Michael got back into the taxi and took off.

Justin and Daphne went back to Justin's apartment after their class was over and found a note on the kitchen table. Justin picked it up and read it, then wordlessly handed it over to Daphne.

Daphne read to herself:

Dear Justin,

I had a great few days with you. It was a pleasure to meet you, your family, and Daphne, but I have to go back to LA. I'm leaving you with my cell number if ever you want to talk. I'm happy to see no more pink in those big blue eyes of yours.

One more thing: something big fell into my lap. Call me sometime, and I'll explain everything to you and your family. Hope to hear from you soon.

Yours, Michael