Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

MICHAEL WAS RELAXING in Justin's bed with his eyes closed when suddenly his cell phone rang. After looking at who was calling, he groaned at the thought of talking to the person on the other end but answered the call anyway knowing he was going to regret it.

"What you want?" he said as if he didn't want to be bothered by the caller.

"Where are you?" Brian asked.

"Where do you think I am?" Michael answered, now even more pissed off.

"Still in New York, although I thought you were on your way back to town in your fancy private plane.”

"I made arrangements with my pilot to leave within the next forty-eight hours. It’s none of your business, anyway.”

"Right," Brian said, not sounding happy.
Michael sat up in bed, knowing that the phone call wasn't going to be short like he had hoped.

"So, you've spent quite a bit of time with him. Tell me: did you fuck him yet?" Brian, who already knew the answer to that question, asked teasingly."You know what, Brian? You make me sick."

Brian was laughing on the other end of the phone. "Well, I'll take that as a no. He wouldn't let you fuck him regardless of what you try to do. He's still new in the gay world and saving himself for ‘the one.’"

"I can respect that. Not so long ago, I was new to that life as well,” Michael said.

"Aye, so are you falling for him?"

"No, we're just friends. I'm trying to help him get over all of the shit you put him through. You have no idea how badly you hurt him. He screams and cries in his sleep. Besides, why are you so damned jealous?”

Ignoring Michael’s question, Brian said, "I told him that I didn’t have feelings for him, but he kept pushing and pushing. He was a real pain in the ass."

"You didn't have to spend so much time with him,” Michael said as he walked into the living room.

"We were only meant to be friends, nothing more.”

"Well, you fucked up.”

Michael heard keys jingling in the front door.

"I’d better go. Justin is back from school.”

"Talk to you later,” Brian said.

"I wouldn't count on it,” Michael snarked before ending the call.

Justin walked in, dragging his rolling backpack behind him and carrying a bag of food.

“Hi," Michael said, not knowing what else to say.

"Hi, Michael.”

"How were your classes?"

"Good, thanks. I have dinner for us,” Justin said as he began walking towards the kitchen. “I hope you like lo mein.”

Michael followed after him. "Yeah, I love it. I have to talk to you about something."

"What is it?'

"What I told you about already being in the neighborhood when I came to visit... that was a lie. Brian told me the other day about what he did to you. We fought for a bit, and I kicked him out of Claire’s.”

"Wait a second. Claire’s, his sister’s bar? I don't understand.”

"I'll get to that in a second.”

Justin nodded his head as the two of them sat down to eat.

"Like I was saying, I kicked him out of Claire's, and then I flew here that night on my private plane to make sure you were okay. Brian said a while back that you were a fan of mine, so I hoped that you’d welcome me here."

Justin was stunned; more like speechless. "I don't know what to say to that. By the way, I didn’t even realize that you and Brian were friends. He never mentioned being friends with you.”

"And here I thought you were a big fan,” Michael teased.

"I am, but I’ve never seen anything in a magazine or online about you two."

"Well, you know that we did those two Prisoner movies together in England. I had only been acting for a couple of years then, and Prisoner 101 was my first serious role. Brian helped me run my lines. We became friends while filming those and have maintained our friendship over the years."

"Some friend.”

Michael nodded in agreement. "Oh, I just remembered that I brought something for you, if you'd like to have it. I'll be right back.”

He left the room for a few moments before returning with a large envelope.

"This is for you,” Michael said as he handed the envelope to Justin.

“Thanks." Justin opened the envelope and took out what was inside, laughing at what he found. It was an autographed picture of Michael in his Robin costume similar to the one that Justin had carved.

"Great minds think alike.”

"Thanks a lot, and I don't just mean for the photo,” Justin said. “I mean for coming here, making sure I was alright, all of it.”

"You're welcome. I just didn't like the way Brian had treated you, not one bit. Even before the stunt he pulled in your bed with that girl."

"What do you mean?" Justin asked.

"Uh… um, he told me that you were just a kid who was stalking him and stuff like that. He's full of shit. I knew that couldn’t have been the case if he was living with you.”

"It's not my fault that he never moved out of my apartment after three years, even after he had finished filming the movie he had come to LA to do. I just didn't have the heart to say anything to him,” Justin explained.

"I know that.”

"So, um… what did you mean by you kicked him out of Claire's? Where is Claire?"

"Well, a lot has happened since you moved away. I came back to LA to visit Claire after filming a movie out of town. She told me that she had enough with Brian’s selfish behavior and wanted me to buy his shares of the club, which I did. She then moved back to Ireland and now wants me to have full ownership of the club.”

"Wow, that's great. You should totally buy her out."

"I told her to be my silent partner just in case she decides to come back and run the place again.”

"Yeah, that's a good idea,” Justin said as he noticed that they had both finished with their meals. “I've been meaning to show you something, but it's kind of embarrassing."

"I want to see it."

They went into Justin’s bedroom, and Michael sat down on the bed while Justin gathered up some of his old sketchbooks. He handed them to Michael and sat down beside him.

"I’ve accumulated quite a collection of sketches over the years…”
Michael opened the first book, which contained pencil sketches of himself from all of the movies he had been in. The second book contained colored sketches of himself from TV shows and televised movies.

"I see... very impressive.”

"Stop teasing.”

"I'm not,” Michael said with a smile.

 Justin couldn't help but smile back.