Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

MICHAEL WOKE UP a half an hour later, still sitting on Justin and Dylan’s couch. He cracked his neck and noticed Dylan and her kids were dressed for the day.

“Are you alright?” Dylan asked him.

“Yeah, fine,” Michael said.

“If you want, open up the sofa bed and you can lay down to take a nap.”

“Oh… thanks.”

Dylan went to a closet and took out some sheets, a pillow, and a blanket for him.

“I’ve got to take Kelly to preschool. I’ll be back later.”

“Thank you for your hospitality.”

“You’re welcome.

After Dylan and her children left, Michael fixed up the sofa bed and fell asleep.
Later that afternoon, Michael and Justin hung out together at the apartment. They talked about their upbringings, watched a couple of movies, and made dinner for everyone together. Michael discovered that with Justin’s help, he wasn’t actually that bad of a cook.

That night, Justin had his recurring nightmare of walking in on Brian fucking that woman, just as he had every night since leaving Los Angeles over two weeks earlier.

"Brian, no, Brian!" Justin screamed in his sleep while tossing and turning. He was eventually able to wake himself up.

“Why do I always fall for the wrong kind of men who end up hurting me?” Justin whispered to himself after opening his eyes.

Before telling Brian how he felt about him, Justin had met a famous movie star named Ethan Gold at a party Brian threw at their apartment. Ethan seemed to be a great guy along with being sexy and talented. He also had an English accent, which Justin found very hot. They soon began to hang out.

Ethan eventually told Justin that he had fallen in love with him, but Justin told him nicely that he had feelings for Brian so they could only be friends. Despite this, Justin spent more and more time with Ethan to the point that he had started to reciprocate those feelings. He was going to tell Ethan how he felt once Ethan got back from London after attending the BAFTAs.

While watching the awards show, Justin was so happy to see Ethan win the award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, but what turned his stomach was seeing Ethan kiss his ex-boyfriend out in the audience before going up to the stage to accept the award. Worse was when Ethan with his fucking English accent thanked his “wonderful partner Everett” during his speech. Justin had screamed and shut the television off, never hearing another word from Ethan since.

Justin couldn’t remember how he had fallen back in love with Brian after that, but now he wished he hadn't.

Out in the living room on the pull-out sofa bed, Michael couldn't sleep. He was planning on finding a nearby hotel since the sofa bed was so uncomfortable. He also couldn't sleep because he was concerned about the handsome young man sleeping in the bedroom not too far from where he was.

Suddenly Michael heard Justin scream out Brian's name followed by sobs. He couldn't stand hearing him in pain.

"Son of a bitch. Brian, why?" Michael said softly to himself as he shook his head.

He got up from the lumpy sofa bed and let himself into Justin’s bedroom. From the light of the moon pouring in through the window, Michael could see Justin as he flailed all over the bed and kicked his blanket off.

Michael sat down beside Justin and pushed the blond bangs away from his sweaty forehead.

"Shh, it’s alright, it’s alright. Wake up," Michael said softly.

"Brian!" Justin screamed one last time before opening his eyes and finding concerned

brown eyes instead of hazel ones looking back at him.

"No, it's Michael. You were just having a bad dream. Are you alright now?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Justin said, sounding tired and sad.

"No need to be sorry."

"Would you mind staying with me?” Justin asked shyly. “I don't want to be alone.”

"Sure, move over.”

Justin made room so Michael could get into the bed with him.

"Thanks, Michael,” Justin said before putting his head down on Michael's chest.

Michael rubbed Justin’s back as he waited for Justin to relax. Once he knew Justin was asleep from his soft snores, Michael closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep as well.

Justin’s alarm went off two hours later, which Michael shut off for him.

"Time to wake up," Michael said.

Justin raised his head from Michael’s chest and looked at him. "Michael?"

"I'm still here."

"Thanks. I haven't slept that good in a long time."

"Well, I'm happy that I was able to help.”

Justin sat up and said, "I just thought of something. How did you know where to find me? I didn’t give anyone my new address before I moved."

"Oh," Michael said with a laugh. "One night at Brian’s sister’s bar, I overheard a man who turned out to be Dylan’s ex-boyfriend Andi mention that you and Dylan moved to New York, so I asked him for your address and here I am."

Michael suddenly seemed to be deep in thought.

"What is it?" Justin asked.

"I just can't believe that we're the same age. The way Brian spoke about you, I thought you’d be a lot younger."

"I’m six years younger than him, but maybe I seemed younger than that in his eyes. Anyway, can you please not mention his name?"

"Sure, I'm sorry."

"I have to get ready for school," Justin said, prompting both of them to get up. "Would you like to look at my new photo album while I get ready?"

"Sure," Michael answered.

Justin handed Michael the album before they walked out into the living room. Michael sat back down on the sofa bed while Justin walked into the bathroom. Michael was still on looking through the album when Justin came back out.

"Justin, who's this girl?" Michael asked.

He sat next to Michael to see who he was asking about.

"Oh, that's Daphne. I met her when I transferred schools. We’ve become good friends."

"She’s pretty."

Justin smiled. “Michael, I want to thank you for everything… coming here to check on me and then comforting me last night. You’re free to stay here as long as you like while you're in New York. I know this sofa bed isn’t very comfortable, so you can sleep in my bed with me. Don't worry, I'm not some crazy fan."
Michael laughed at that. "Sure, thanks a lot."

Justin went back into his room to get dressed and grab his rolling backpack to take to school. When he returned to the living room, Dylan and Jordan were back from taking Kelly to school and were seated on the couch next to Michael after folding the bed back up.

"Say bye-bye to uncle Justin," Dylan said to the kids.

Justin gave his nephew a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, everyone. I’ll see you when I get back," Justin said before leaving for school.