Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

BRIAN KINNEY WAS in Claire’s, his sister's bar/club, two weeks later with one of his best friends Michael Novotny, a fellow actor. Brian was telling Michael all about Justin Taylor, the young man he was suppose to be good friends with, and how he had on more than one occasion told Brian how crazy in love with him he was to the point of proposing to him. Brian said it all with a wicked laugh as if it were a joke. Brian was bragging to Michael about how he had gotten Justin to get the picture that Brian wasn't interested in him: by fucking an actress named Lindsay Peterson in Justin’s bed on more than one occasion and hoping that one day Justin would catch him. Brian saw no real harm in it, since it had only been for fun; he wasn’t into girls and was only researching for a role he was working on. Lindsay was actually a lesbian, but Justin didn’t need to know that.

Michael's mouth flew open a bit, from shock and from anger. He was extremely angry at his friend for doing such a harsh thing, but neither of them were any good with words despite the fact that they were both actors. They mostly expressed what they were thinking or feeling with their actions and usually came across as assholes;
Brian and Michael had first met six years before after being cast in an action movie where they played partners in the FBI. They reprised their characters in the sequel filmed two years later and remained friends.

Michael had never met Justin previously, since most of Michael’s filming was done outside of Los Angeles and Brian would usually go to visit Michael at his place when they were both in town. Michael had never been to Justin and Brian’s shared apartment, so his path had never crossed with Justin’s.

He just couldn't believe that Brian would hurt Justin the way that he did, but he guessed that was only because Brian wasn’t very close with Justin after all. He recalled Brian speaking kindly about Justin in the past and how cute Justin’s godchildren Jordan and Kelly were. Michael thought himself as an asshole from time to time but he wouldn't and couldn't have done to someone what Brian had done to Justin, especially to a friend.

Michael was so angry he pushed Brian against a wall and got right up in his face, which was hard to do considering that Brian was taller and built bigger than he was and no one normally had the guts to stand up to Brian Kinney.

 "How could you do such a thing?" Michael angrily asked, his nostrils flaring.

"Why the fuck are you angry with me, you asshole?" Brian asked as he pushed Michael off of him.

 "Well, I’m not surprised since you’ll fuck anything," said Michael.

 "Well, you don't fuck enough," Brian threw in Michael’s face.

"Even if I did, I would have told them, at least try to tell them what's up. If someone had feelings for me but I didn’t feel the same way, I would have been honest. What you did was just plain sick, too painful… why did you have to do it in his bed? I can't believe we're friends. I can't believe you claimed to be his friend. I would have thought you had strong feelings for him, by the way you’ve talked about him," Michael ranted, his arms flying up and down from anger.

"Oh come on, he's just a fan. Besides, what are you going to do about it?" Brian asked.

 "I'm going to New York to see if he's alright."

"Yeah right, you just want to fuck him. You’re wasting your time, because he doesn't fuck anyone."

Michael had his fist up next to Brian's jaw. "Shut up or I'll hurt you."

"Suit yourself, but this kid’s not worth it."
Michael pushed Brian again.

 "What the fuck are you doing?" Brian asked in shock

"Get out!" Michael screamed.

"Really, you’re going to kick me out of my sister's place?"
"Yes I am, if you're going to be a little shit. And it’s my place too, you know."

Brian smiled in amusement. "Wow, Mikey has balls."

"Well, I am a man."

Brian just stood there.

"Are you deaf, Brian? I said get out!” Michael repeated. "You were friends with Justin for three years, and now you claim to not give a shit about him. It seems to me that he was worth being friends with and deserves better than this. Now I'll say it again: get out."

Brian left the club and drove home feeling defeated after everything that had happened to him over the past few years. His ex fiancé Ross had left him to return to his first love, a woman (yes, a woman) named Mary in Florida. Ross later returned for a short time to take their two young children away, telling Brian he was an unfit parent. Ross even had the guts to tell Brian’s sister Claire to sell Brian’s half of the club to Michael of all people. Claire had never really liked her brother and was looking for an excuse to force Brian out of the business. Finally, Justin had moved across the country to get away from him and now his best friend was pissed at him for driving Justin away.

He felt tears coming to his eyes, but he was a big tough man and big tough men didn't cry, so he sucked it up.

Chapter End Notes:

review please