Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another chapter :)

Brian's POV

My eyelids feel like lead and it takes me a long time to open them. When I do I notice that I'm in a hospital. I'm confused at first until everything that happens comes back to me. I got stabbed, Hobbs stabbed me then...then I...I killed him. And I...I thought I was going to die, but then Justin. Justin fuck! I have to find him.

I panic a little at first until I see Justin carefully snuggled up to me. I sigh relieved and try to pull him closer but the movement hurts a little. I flex my fingers and hand that's when I notice the dull aching everywhere. I groan more irritated than hurt but the sound wakes up Justin. He rubs his eyes looks at me then settles back down.

"Not exactly the reaction I was expecting" I said, my voice sounds terrible I hear Justin sigh. "Christ is that really my voice?" 

Justin shoots up and stares at me rubbing his eyes "is that really you?" he asks

"Who the fuck else would it be?" I said smiling at him

His eyes water and he lunges himself at me, wrapping his arms around my neck. Then he starts showering kisses all over my face and neck. I can't help but laugh and it almost sounds hysterical. I can't believe it's over. I pull him into my lap and he settles there gently before I smash my lips against his. Justin stops me before I can take it any further.

"Awe come on sunshine do you know how long it's been since-"

"Yes I do" Justin said cutting me off and getting off the bed. "But we need to tell the doctor that you're awake so she can tell you what's going on. And so a nurse can take out your um..." he bites his bottom lip holding back a laugh.

I don't understand until I shift around and feel something...wrong. I look over at the side of the bed and see the bag filled with piss. 

"Fuck! You really let them put a catheter in me?" I said annoyed 

"Well you've been asleep for a while, even longer than I thought. Time seems to go slower in hospitals." He muses

"Isn't there a button to push for the nurse? You don't have to leave" I said trying not sound as edgy as I feel.

"Yea" he said hobbling back over to the bed. He sits on the edge of the bed then pushes some unseen button. A minute later a nurse walks in.

"Hey Justin what do you ne-oh he's awake I'll go get the doctor" the nurse said walking back out the door

"On a first name basis with the hospital staff huh?" I ask

"Yea our story is pretty popular. Plus I have been hanging around the ICU for almost two weeks" he said solemnly 

"I'm sure we can talk to the police about keeping our names out of this. Protect our identity's or something, they owe us that much" I said trying to stay calm

"Geez what's with you and Daph hating on the cops?  Any way I'm sure they wouldn't mind, they hate Hobbs way more than we do"

"Not possible" I said gritting my teeth

"Relax Brian it's over he can't hurt us any more" he said taking my hand 

I nod in agreement and try to calm down. Then I remember the other part of what Justin said. 

"I've been out for two weeks?" I ask 

"Well kinda you were in and out, the pain meds were making you all loopy. You were convinced that you were dead, and you kept calling me an angel." He said smiling

"Yea well I've always called you that just not to your face." I said smiling at him

"Why didn't you tell me that you gave me power of attorney?" he asks curiously

"I didn't want you to make a big deal about it" I said shrugging

He smiles at me and leans down to kiss me, before I can deepen the kiss the door opens. The nurse and another women walk in.

"Well Mr. Kinney it's nice to see that you're really awake. And that you seem to be feeling better." The other women said looking at Justin. He smiles at her and sits in the chair by the bed, while the doctors walk over to me.    

 "I'm Dr. Clark are you in any pain?" she asks

"Not really just a dull ach"

"Where?" 

"Kind of allover"

"Your muscles are probably just a little stiff. It should go away once you start moving around more. Now the knife cut pretty deep it'll heal but there will be a residual...feeling left over when it does." She explains 

"So it's gonna be one of those scars" I said rolling my eyes

"One of what scars?" Justin asks

"Let's just say when it's about to rain my lovely new scar will let me know" I explain

"Oh" he said looking a little guilty

"It's not your fault angel" I whisper so only he can hear, he smiles but doesn't say anything

"Well we have to change your bandages, clean your wound and remove your cat-"

"Please don't talk about it just get it out" I said cutting her off

Justin smiled and looked away as they got to it. It wasn't....I don't have any words for it. I just hope I never have to go through it again. Justin convinced the doctor to let me shower before they put new bandages on me. The shower really helped, moving around and letting the warm water run over my aching body felt good.

After I showered and cleaned up the doctor explained my situation. Apparently they had to remove my spleen she explained that I'd clearly be able to live without it. But now my immune system, which was already fucked up by the cancer, is even more messed up. She said that I'll have to be on a regiment of vaccinations and antibiotics for a while. But the way she said it I'm pretty sure I'll be using them forever.

After that it was just a blur of visits from everyone and then the police showed up to talk to us. I worked out a deal with Carl so all of the files on this case would be sealed. It was easier than I thought to convince him, Justin was right the police department wasn't too happy about the whole Hobbs thing. Some of them are pissed most of them in fact, the rest seemed embarrassed.

Which is understandable since he did give them the run around. Plus he made them look pretty stupid. So they had no problem keeping it quite. The official story was the young man that he (Hobbs) kidnapped was rescued and Hobbs was killed in the process. There was also some stuff thrown in about Hobbs having mental issues. 

I asked Carl what was going to happen to the pictures that Hobbs took. He said they would be locked away, which I wasn't happy about. I made a mental note to try and get rid of them somehow. It made me uncomfortable to think that those kind of pictures of Justin are out there. 

Justin was technically released from the hospital before me, but the hospital staff let him hang around all he wanted. After a few more days they moved me out of ICU and into a regular room. Justin never leaves my side, not unless Jennifer or Debbie drag him home for a shower, food, or a decent night's sleep. I spend most of my time getting treated, taking meds, and walking around so my muscles don't get all achy again.

Whenever Justin isn't here I plan with Jennifer, I loved the new house but I don't want to live here anymore. I hated that I had to give up the house that I bought for him but I honestly don't think I can handle it. So we spend all our time looking for someone to buy the place and looking for someplace else to live. 

I also have other things I want to work out before they discharge me. If they ever do, eventually Jennifer and I work everything out. Then I enlist Emmett for my second task. I keep everything a secret so I can surprise him. But I'm pretty sure Justin suspects something, I just hope he'll keep off asking until I'm ready. 

Finally I have everything I'm looking for and I'm ready to tell Justin. I just hope it goes well.

Chapter End Notes:

Comment and tell me what you guys think :) Sorry for the mini cliffhanger.

I know I said this would be wrapped up in three more chapters but it might be a little more than that. Because I want show just a few more happier things with the boys before the storys over.

The next chapter should be up by Monday :)