Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry I haven't posted sooner my internet was down for a while. But here it is a new chapter.

Justin's POV 

I'm letting the doctor patch up my new scratches and check my ankle. Which is now officially broken and Dr. Clair demands that I say off of it. All I can really focus on is Brian, he made it to the hospital alive. The paramedics said that was because of me. Because of the adrenaline I gave him and because I talked to him the whole way here. 

They rushed him into surgery as soon as we got here. I'm sitting on my hospital bed giving my statement when everyone rushes into my room. 

"Oh honey you're alright" mom said hugging me. I hug her back tightly.

"Are you done getting kidnapped?" Daphne asks hugging me around her broken arm.

Then everyone else takes turns hugging me. 

"Are you okay?" Lindsey asks

"Yea I'm fine"

"What happed to...Hobbs" Melanie asks. I look at her questioningly 

"The fucking cops won't tell us anything" Debbie explains

"He's dead Brian got him" I tell them 

"Thank God" Emmett said getting choked up 

"Where is Brian?" Lindsey asks

I can't help my eyes from watering "He's in surgery, Chr-Hobbs stabbed him. He got him pretty good, he lost a lot of blood..." I can't finish, mom squeezes my hand comfortingly. I smile at her then Dr. Clark (Brian's surgeon) comes in.

"Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay" I said standing up. Which gains me a glare from Dr. Clair. So I sit back down.

"He's holding on, but we need you're permission too-"

"My permission?" I ask confused

"Well you have power of attorney"

"Isn't he a little young?" mom asks

"Well the other person he had listed is um..." the doctor doesn't finish

"Michael" I said finishing for her, everyone gets really quite. I only take a minute to absorb this information and make my decision.

"Do whatever you can to safely keep him alive" 

"Alright, I'll let you know as soon as he's out of surgery" she said leaving. I lean on my mom's shoulder tiredly.

"You need to rest" Dr. Clair said still clearly upset that I broke out, she and my mom tuck me into the bed.

"Usually it's against the rules to let so many people stay. Especially after visiting hours, but considering everything that you've all gone through. I'll let you all stay, but only if you agree to let him rest!" she said putting an IV in my arm.

I don't complain, I let her hook me up. I yawn and settle into bed, I freak a little when Clair puts something in my IV.

"It'll just help you sleep, I promise to wake you as soon as Brian is out of surgery" she assures me.

I'm satisfied with her speech and I'm really tired, I hear her talking to everyone about getting more chairs as I fall asleep.

When I wake up its morning and everyone is asleep in chairs. I press the nurse button and Dr. Clair walks in. She carefully walks over to me trying not to wake everyone. 

"He's been out of surgery for about two hours. He's in the ICU you can see him soon alright"

"Thank you" I whisper before falling asleep again. When I wake up again the only people still here are my mom and Daphne. 

"Hey honey, I bought you some clean clothes from the loft. And Dr. Clair's insisting, and I agree, that you eat something before you go see Brian"

"Okay" I said, I have no arguments with that, honestly I'm hungry. So I follow the doctors (and my mom's) orders. Then I gently (because of my ankle) shower and change into the clean clothes. When I get out of the little bathroom, my mom's taking out a bowl of soup. I remember the bowl from home. 

"You cooked?" I said surprised

"Well before you left and went to live with Debbie. I used to be a really good cook, remember"

I roll my eyes "yea I remember" 

I eat the soup and after I keep it down, Dr. Clair lets me eat the turkey sandwich mom made for me. After that Dr. Clair and mom help me into a wheelchair. It's the only way Clair lets me leave my room. While she wheels me towards Brian's room she explains what happened during the surgery.

He lost a lot of blood, but I knew that already. He bled a lot the other night, I shudder remembering how he almost...

She also told me that they had to remove his spleen. Then she explained that although he'd obviously be able to live without it. That it means that his immune system is a bit compromised. Which means that, especially because of the cancer, he'll need vaccinations and preventative antibiotics. Most likely for the rest of his life.

She warns me before we go in that he's going to be hooked up to a lot of machines. She's right and it's kind of scary looking. But he's asleep and looks so young, she wheels me right up to the bed. After she leaves I sit on the side of the bed with the least amount of tubes. I take his hand and move a few strands of hair out of his face. 

"You did it, the doctors said the worst part is over. All you and I have to do is get better"

He moans a little like he's trying to talk. Then he makes this little sound and motion with his mouth. Which I know from personal experience, means that he's thirsty. There's a pitcher of ice chips with a cup and spoon, on the table next to me. After I pour some ice chips in the cup and put a small spoon full to his lips.

His eyes open for a second before his lips part. Allowing for the ice to go in, he sighs with a small smile on his face. I take this as a cue to feed him more. After two cups he looks content. While I put the cup back down, he squeezes my hand. I look at him a little surprised, his eyes are open slightly.

"Hey" I said smiling at him

"Thank you...pretty angel" he mummers. 

I blush a little and kiss him on the forehead as he falls back to sleep. 

With permission from the doctor I feed him some of the broth, from the rest of the soup mom made me. He spends the day half asleep, mumbling about how he must've died. He keeps calling me an angel. I think the pain killers are making him loopy. I end up falling asleep. I'm not asleep long when I feel Brian's fingers in my hair. I look up at him and he still has that hazy look in his eyes. Which means that he's still mostly asleep. So I lay back down and try to ignore him.

"You look like my angel" he said, making me roll my eyes

"You're not dead stupid!" 

He laughs "You even sound like him...where am I?"

"You're in the hospital and I'm really here" I said looking up at him.

"You have the same eyes" he mumbles

I sit up getting a little angry 

"Why don't you believe me!? I know you must be in pain, if you were dead there wouldn't be pain." I take his hand and squeeze it "can't you feel that?" I ask desperately.

At first he was amusing but now I'm starting to think that he has brain damage. 

"I'm really here, it's me Justin. I'm real, I'm laying right next to you"

I'm about to bitch some more when he surprises me by pulling me down and kissing me.

"Huh I guess I am alive" he said before falling back to sleep, leaving me breathless as usual.

"Jerk" I said and he smiles

Chapter End Notes:

Comment and tell me what you think :)