Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

So this chapter might feel a little slow but I hope you guys like it

Carl's POV

"Would somebody tell me what the hell happened!"  I demand as I see Kinney and Daphne being loaded into ambulances.

"W-W-Well we were following them like you told us but when they started hiking in the woods we uh..." Artie stammers

"You decided to just sit on your ass while the perp got away with the kid and two people got hurt!" I yell.

I walk over to the ambulances to check on them. "What's wrong with them?" I ask one of the EMT's.

"Well the girl's already been taken to the hospital. It seems she was run over, she's in pretty bad shape but she might recover. The other one, it looks like he got into a fight with the suspect. He was barely conscious when we got here. He's pretty beat up, a bunch of bruises, scratches and he was shot in the neck. Luckily it went straight through and didn't hit a vein. Here he comes" she says pointing to the three people carrying Kinney on a stretcher.

I watch in utter disbelief "thanks for the info" I say walking back to the so called cops "is someone searching the house?" I ask Artie 

"Yes we found proof that Mr. Taylor was being held in the cabin along with a lode of finger prints and blood. The samples are already being taken to the lab. And we have guys tracking down the van the suspect left in."

"Well at least you can do something right. I'm going to meet them at the hospital so I can question them when they wake up. Find that fucking van! I don't want any more messes got it!"

"Y-Yes sir"

"Good"

I storm off to my car and speed over to the hospital. Of course when I get there the whole crew is there. Debbie, Jenifer and Lindsey run up to me first.

"What happened?" Lindsey asks 

"They just bought Daphne and Brian and they looked really hurt" Jenifer asks

"Nobody's telling us anything!" Debbie says

"Ladies we don't really know anything yet. But it looks like Daphne and Kinney went to find Justin an-"

"Did they find him?" Jenifer asks

"Yes and no. My guess is that they were trying to rescue Justin. Brian tried to distract Hobbs so Daphne and Justin could get away. They got into a fight and....based on Daphne's injuries. Uh...Hobbs...ran her over."

"Jesus" Debbie says

"Do you know how to get in contact with Daphne's parents?" I ask Jenifer 

"They're out of the country, second honeymoon" she says dazed

"Okay I'm going to talk to the doctors and see what's going on? I'll be right back" I say heading to the front desk.

It takes about ten minutes for the doctor to come out and talk to me.

"Detective Horvath right?" a very young looking blond women asks me

"Yes"

"I'm Doctor Clair Holden. You're here to check up on Ms. Chanders and Mr. Kinney right"

"Yea"

"Well they're both going to be alright. Ms. Chanders has a broken leg and arm, a cut on her head that we stitched up and a mild concussion. Mr. Kinney thankfully didn't lose that much blood, a few stitches and some broken fingers but other than that he's okay. With some rest they should both be alright." She explains rolling her eyes at the last part.

"Kinney giving you problems huh" I say trying not to smirk

"Huh he's demanding to be released and he wants to talk to you. I mean he should be alright but I'd like to keep him over night just to make sure" 

"I'll talk to him, if that's alright"

"Sure I'll take you to him. Maybe you'll be able to talk some sense into him" she says leading me down the hall. I can hear Kinney complaining before we even get to the room. Dr. Holden rolls her eyes irritated.

"I'm fine I need to get out of here" Kinney complains to the nurse I notice that his voice sounds a little scratchy. 

"Don't you think you've done enough?" I ask, he finally stops arguing with the nurse and actually looks guilty.

"Lisa let's give them a minute" Dr. Holden says to the nurse 

"What the hell were you thinking Kinney!?" I demand as soon as they leave

"Justin. I was thinking about Justin. We found him and-"

"Lost him and in the process you got yourself and Daphne hurt. And probably put Justin in more danger. We don't know how unstable Hobbs really is, what if he takes his anger out on Justin!"

"From what we saw he already did!" Kinney yells

"Justin was injured?" I ask

"Yea his foot was all wrapped up and he had bruises...did you find him?"

"We're tracking the car and with yours and Daphne's statement. Plus the fingerprints we found at the cabin we can put an APB out on Hobbs. We're going to find him Brian but no more lone ranger shit"

"Fine" he says sounding grumpy and tired

My cell rings "Horvath" I answer

"We found something at Hobbs house that I think you'll want to see" 

"Alright I'll be there in a minute"

"What's going on?" Brian asks

"Apparently they found something at the Hobbs house that we missed"

"I wat to come"

I sigh frustrated "fine it'll be easier to keep an eye on you. And on the way you can tell me what happened at the cabin." After I promise Dr. Holden that I'll keep an eye on Kinney she discharges him. While we drive to the house Kinney tells me everything that happened. The part that sticks in my head most is the exchange between Daphne and Hobbs. 

"What is it Carl? You have this weird look on your face. Spit it out"

"This might be more dangerous than we thought"

"How?"

"I think this has less to do with revenge and more to do with obsession. Hobbs is obsessed with Justin."

"So...if all he wants is Justin why come after us?"

"Some people who are obsessed or stalk someone usually try to isolate them. Coming after Justin's friends might be Hobbs extreme way of doing that"

"But he never stalked Justin, I mean he never sent threatening letters or phone calls"

"Just a thought" I say as we pull up to the house. When we get there the officer that called me greets us. "What'd you find?" I ask as he leads us into the house.

"We were looking around in the office again and we found a door hidden inside the wall. Like a secret room" he say leading us to the office. 

I see what he's talking about, we walk into the other room its dark. When the lights switch on I'm stunned.

Brian's POV

Shit! That's the only thing I can think when the lights go on. Every inch of the walls are covered with pictures of Justin. There are pictures of him with me, Daphne, his mom by himself. In front of the loft, his school, at Debs, even pictures of him at Babylon. All from different times too, there's a picture of him and Daphne at the Rage party. A picture of us kissing after the election.

The worst part is that there are pictures of Justin sleeping. Which would explain how he got the cell phone into the loft without Justin's key. I was wrong so wrong, Hobbs was stalking Justin. How didn't I know he was in my house while we were sleeping!

My blood boils and I need to hit something, then everything gets blurry and my ears start to ring. I suddenly feel weird like I need to sit down. Then I hear something, someone talking I think. Then everything goes black.When I wake up I'm back in the hospital Debbie is passed out in a chair next to Lindsey. Jenifer gives me a wary smile.

"What happened?" I ask sitting up

"Yesterday-"

"Yesterday?!" I say surprised 

"Yes you've been out all night Brian. Any way last night after you guys found Hobbs...shrine to Justin...well..." she doesn't finish almost like she's afraid to tell me.

"What did I pass out?"

"Um well Horvath said that you kind of just...laid down and went to sleep" 

"I...I did what?" I say shocked, I don't really remember what happened but that can't be true.

"Clair-your doctor says that it's a symptom of the um...trauma"

"I'm not fucking traumatized" I say sitting up and looking for my clothes

That's what I told them, but you have been through a lot Brian" she says handing me the bag with my clothes.After I get dressed I hear a phone ringing a cell phone. The phone Hobbs gave me, I ruffle through the bag until I find it.

"Hello?" I answer

Chapter End Notes:

Hang in there with me guys this story is just about winding down. So things are probably going to seem pretty bleak before our happy ending.

Remeber comments are love :)