Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally another chapter :) Hope you guys like it

Brian's POV

I walk into the house with my hands up just like Daphne. As soon as our eyes meet it's like nothing else matters. His eyes are watery and still just as...perfect and blue as I remember them. He looks at me relieved and surprised.

"What? You didn't think I'd come for you? Even I'm not that heartless"

"Sorry to break up this beautiful moment but I'm kind of threatening here" 

Hobbs voice snaps me back to the moment. That's when I register his hand over Justin's mouth and the knife pressed tightly to his throat. I also notice the bruising on Justin's perfect face and his wrapped ankle. I try to stay calm.

"Let him go, you've got nowhere to run"

He laughs "Really I mean unless the cops are one their way. I'm pretty sure I have the upper hand here" he says moving the knife directly over Justin's jugular vein.

"You're not gonna kill him" Daphne says 

"What are you doing!?" I whisper to her

She looks between Justin and Hobbs clearly seeing something I don't 

"Oh really"

"You would've done it already, I was right and you were telling the truth at the police station" she says. Justin looks confused at the mention of the police station.

"Y-You don't want to hurt him" she says walking closer to them. Hobbs takes an almost skittish step back. 

"You're not taking him" he says his grip loosening on the knife and tightening on Justin 

"You can't keep him Chris, he needs to go home and you have to stop what you're doing" she says taking another step towards them. I mimic her taking small steps around them blocking his exit.

"I'm not done yet. It's not over yet" he mumbles

I'm directly behind him now. I pull out the gun and turn off the safety. I point it directly at his head and cock it. 

"Yea it is, now drop it!" I demand

He stills for a while before dropping the knife

"Now let him go!" I says pushing the gun to Hobbs head. 

He slowly lets him go and Justin hobbles over to me. I give him a one armed hug, his hair tickles my nose filling it with his sweet scent. Daphne walks over to us pulling Justin off me.

"No!" Justin sobs against my chest

"Justin" I say making him look at me 

"Brian" he quietly sobs

"I know" I say looking him in the eyes and telling him quietly how much I've missed him and how happy I am to see him. I kiss him quickly on the head before he lets Daphne drag him out the door. 

"They won't get far, you know that right" Hobbs says whatever vulnerability Daphne brought out gone.

"They just have to get far enough, I'm about 99.9 percent sure that Carl followed us" I say 

"Well then we better make this quick, I'm not entirely done with Justin. And I'm definitely not going to jail" he says 

I'm confused before he tackles me to the ground, pinning the arm with the gun down. He slams my hand on the ground trying to make me let go. I hold on as long as I can before I let go, instead of picking up the gun he pushes it away. Then he punches me in the face hard, again and again.

"I'm not going to let you take him from me again!" he yells getting ready to hit me again

Before he gets another hit in I use my legs to heave him off me. He falls down hard and winces then he goes for the gun. I trip him bringing him back down, I get up and kick him hard in the stomach. And I keep kicking him.

He grabs my leg mid kick and pushes me. I stumble backwards giving him time to get up. I'm about to attack him again when he hits me with a beer bottle. It breaks and I feel the glass scratching and digging into my face. He makes a run for the gun and door. I grab a chair and hit him with it.

"Ahh fuck!" he yells falling to his knees and holding his ribs

"It's over Hobbs we can duke it out all day. But in the end you'll go to jail and Justin will be with me where he belongs" I say trying to catch my breath. 


Hobbs stands up still holding his ribs and spits blood. "Yea, you know you're tougher than you look Kinney. But your forgetting something" he says walking over to the couch "they're on foot and I have a car" he says dangling the keys.

I lunge at him and he hits me with what feels like a brick. Everything gets fuzzy and there's a ringing in my ears. 

"Looks...like you...lose...Kinney" his voice is dull and goes in and out like static

I helplessly watch him leave and I hear the van start. I push through the pain and make it outside, the van is already leaving but it doesn't matter. I have to get to them before he does.

Justin's POV


It feels like we've been running forever and I...I know it's childish but I want Brian. We were together he was right there and I left him. I left him with a grade A psychopath. I tug on Daphne making her stop again.

"Come on Jus I know you miss him but we've got to keep moving" she says securing my arm around her shoulder and helping me walk. "We have to get you somewhere safe" 

"But Brian-"

"Has a gun, he can take care of himself-"

"Justin! Daphne! RUN!" 

We both freeze 

"You heard that too right?" I ask her

"Yea it's Brian something went wrong, Hobbs must've gotten away. Come on we've gotta move" she says. Then we hear it a car, we look behind us and the van is coming at us full speed.

"Run!" Brian's voice echoes, he must've been right behind Chris

We run and hop as fast as we can, before I know what's happening Daphne pushes me to the side. I sit up long enough to see the van hit her, and hear a sickening crunching sound. 

"Daphne!" Brian and I yell at the same time

The van stops and Hobbs storms out with a crazed look in his eyes. He's coming right at me, I try to get up and run away but he's too close. He grabs me by the back of my shirt and yanks me up.

"Let go of him!" Brian yells getting closer

"You know what Kinney!" Hobbs says securing his arm around my waist and pulling out his gun "I'm really tired of you" he says firing, it misses thankfully.

"Chris stop!" I plead trying to break his hold on me

He keeps firing and Brian keeps dodging. Hobbs fires one more time, and Brian gets hit. An explosion of blood erupts from him as he spins around and goes down. He doesn't get back up.

"NO!!!!" I scream trying to get to Brian I scratch kick and bite at Hobbs trying to get to Brian.

Hobbs finally gets me to the van and cuffs me too it. He gags me with a piece of tape before speeding off. 

I yell, scream and cry through the cuffs and gag. I feel like the whole world is...gone.

Daphne and Brian are dead...and it's all my fault.

Chapter End Notes:

I know this chapter was short (I didn't notice that until I posted it) but hang in there with me guys. I'll update very soon I promise I won't make you wait that long again.

Remeber comments are love :)