Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here is the next chapter.  I guess my prediction of taking as long to write the story as it acutally takes to be pregnant is going to be true.  I'm still trying to post regularly but RL is very difficult.

 

Anyway-  if anyone is interested in betaing for me, I would love to hear from you.  My beta is no longer available and this chapter is not betaed.

Gus woke the next morning and he quietly went down to the kitchen to gather the ingredients for breakfast.  He knew he could make eggs just like Justin had showed him yesterday.   He would let his Dad and Justin sleep in and surprise them with breakfast in bed. 

 

Gently he broke the eggs and put them in a bowl, adding a little milk and some pepper to the mix.  He stirred the mixture in the bowl until all the egg yolks were broken.   He took out the frying pan and put a little butter in it just like Justin had shown him.   He carefully turned the handle away from the edge and dumped the eggs into the pan.  Taking the spatula, he scrambled them until they were cooked.  He put some toast into the toaster and took out a plate to place the warm bread on when it popped up. 

 

Dividing the eggs on two plates, he also placed two pieces of toast on each plate as well.  He put some butter on two pieces, knowing his dad didn't like it on his.   He got out one of the trays he saw Justin use and put the plates on the tray and walked very carefully to the his Dad and Justin's bedroom. He placed the tray on the floor by the door and gently knocked on the door, startling the occupants.

 

Brian heard the faint knocking and sat up in bed.   Making sure that both of them were covered by the blanket, he called out, "Come in."

 

Gus opened the door and then picked up the tray and brought it in to his fathers.

 

"Good morning, Dad and Justin.   I made you breakfast."

 

Brian and Justin looked at each other and motioned for Gus to come toward the bed.  

 

"See, there are eggs and toast.  Just like you showed me yesterday, Justin."

 

Justin took the plates and gave one to Brian.   He picked up the fork and tasted the eggs and then bit into the toast. 

 

"These are great, buddy."

 

"See, I can help all the time."

 

Brian put his plate on the edge of the nightstand and patted the bed for Gus to join them.

 

"Gus, I think we need to talk."

 

"Sure, Dad.   I can talk, but don't you want to eat your eggs.  Mom always said you have to eat them while they're hot.  She never lets us finish watching Super Hero Squad.  She says that we can watch cartoons later when we finish breakfast." 

 

Brian didn't want to contradict Lindsay in this situation and knew it would hurt Gus' feelings if he didn't eat his food.  Gus had gone to a lot of trouble to cook them breakfast and he wanted to acknowledge his efforts.  Silently nodding to Justin to eat his breakfast as well, he picked up his fork and continued to eat.  Gus looked between his Dad and Justin and was pleased that both men were eating the breakfast he carefully prepared.

 

"Did I do it right, Justin?  I didn't get any egg shells in the bowl and I scrambled them so they didn't look wet anymore."

 

Justin smiled at the young man, happy that his quick impromptu lesson yesterday was a success.  Knowing that Brian was most probably going to talk to him about his recent campaign to "help" Brian and him when the baby comes, he wanted Gus to know that he appreciated his enthusiasm.  "Sure did.  You added just the right amount of milk and pepper.  The eggs are fluffy without being too watery.  We'll have to spend some time in the kitchen learning more recipes."  Justin ate the last bites of his toast and wiped his mouth with a Klennex, since Gus did not include napkins on the tray.  10 year old boys were not known for their cleanliness.

 

Brian finished his breakfast and put the plate on the tray and motioned for Justin to do the same. 

 

"Why don't I go make us some coffee?  I'll take the tray down and then we can plan our day," Justin said.  Knowing Brian was better equipped to function with at least a partial infusion of coffee in his system, he felt this would give Brian a chance to think about the upcoming discussion and an opportunity to provide his partner with his much needed caffeine intake.

 

"I can help," Gus said as he hopped off the bed.

 

"Slow down, partner.  Coffee is very hot and I don't want you spilling it on the stairs.  Tell you what, why don't you let Daddy get dressed and you and I will go down stairs to get coffee and clean up the kitchen.  You know how Daddy is about a clean kitchen.  I can make all of us something to drink and then we can come back up here."

 

Brian frowned at Justin's suggestion, knowing he would miss his morning blow job, but realized Justin was right suggesting he make coffee and get dressed.  He needed to think about what he was going to say to Gus to assure him he was wanted but also make certain he understood that he was not going to move in after the baby was born.  It was a delicate balance and Gus was an impressionable 10 year- old.

 

"Ok.  Come on Justin, Daddy needs coffee.  He's real grumpy without it."  Gus hopped off the bed and walked toward the door.

 

Justin leaned down toward Brian and gave him a kiss on the lips.  "Love you," he said softly.

 

"You too.  Now go make coffee.  I can't think in the morning without caffeine running through my veins." Brian said as he pulled the covers off both of them. 

 

Justin grabbed a pair of lounge pants lying by the side of the bed and Brian walked toward the bathroom.  As Gus and Justin walked down the stairs, they heard the water in the shower turn on.

 

"Are we going to work on the baby's room some more today? I bet I could help paint some of the design."  Gus asked as he bounded down the staircase.

 

"Slow down, buddy," Justin reminded him.  He seemed to remember doing the same thing at his old house when he was Gus' age.  He had more respect for his mother as he watched Gus grow up and tear through the house like it was made of bouncy foam rather than drywall.  Gus often attempted jumping from the bottom stairs as if he were an Olympic skier.  It was amazing that he hadn't broken any bones.

 

They entered the kitchen and Justin placed the tray on the table. "Gus, why don't you put the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher while I get our coffee made?"

 

Justin took out two mugs from the shelf and retrieved the creamer and sugar.  The coffee pot was preset to start at 7:45 and the coffee was waiting to be poured into the mugs.  Placing sugar and cream in Brian's mug, he filled the mug to the top as the black liquid turned a light brown color.  He frequently teased Brian that he really had a little coffee with his cream, but it was all in good fun.  He prepared his own cup to his specifications and blew over the top to cool it down slightly before taking a small sip.  He inhaled the aroma and smiled as the hot drink warmed his chest.

 

"Elixir of man," Justin said before he took another sip and placed the cup on the cabinet.  "I'm going to wash the frying pan out quickly and then we can go back upstairs with our drinks.  Do you want some breakfast, Gus?"

 

"No, I'm good.  I had a bagel while I made your breakfast.  That's what Momma does in the morning.  She puts peanut butter on it; says it has protein.  I just put jelly on mine."

 

"Protein is important. Your Momma is right.  You should have protein at every meal.  It helps you grow big and strong."  Justin grabbed the fry pan and squirted some dish soap on a sponge, beginning to clean it.  The egg quickly came out and he placed it on the drying rack.  He picked up his coffee and took another sip, enjoying the taste.  Looking at his cup, he noticed that almost half of it was gone, so he went to the coffee pot and filled the cup up to the top again.  He poured a little cream in it and stirred the mixture. Grabbing both mugs, he said, "Ok.  Let's see if your Dad is finished with his shower."

 

They returned to the bedroom where Brian was pulling on his shirt. "Coffee," he reached out for the mug Justin was passing his way.  "Want to grab a quick shower, Justin?"

 

"Sure.  Justin grabbed a pair of underwear and went to the bathroom to shower.  Like Brian he was disappointed that he wasn't going to have his morning blow job, but he knew they would find a way to do so later in the day.  He showered quickly and joined them about 15 minutes later.  Gus and Brian were watching Power Rangers and laughing at the antics of the super heroes.

 

Brian motioned toward the bed, hoping it would offer a relaxed atmosphere.  The last thing he wanted was for Gus to feel like he was in trouble. 

 

"Gus, you're my son and I love you dearly.  Nothing is going to change that.  Justin and I appreciate all the things you've done around the house in the last few days."  Brian ruffled his hair even though he knew Gus was almost too old for the gesture.

 

"Thanks.  I wanted to let you guys know that I can take care of myself when the baby comes and I'll help out a lot too."  Gus smiled at the praise.  He always liked it when his Dad or Justin noticed his actions.  Gus bounced a little on the bed, showing his appreciation for the compliment.

 

"Gus, are you afraid that we'll forget you when the baby comes?"  Never one to sugar coat conversations, Brian jumped in feet first to the gist of the conversation.

 

"Grandma Debbie and Mom and Momma say that you'll be really busy with the new baby and won't have time for me.  I wanted to show you that I can be really helpful." Gus smiled, happy that his deeds were being recognized.

 

"I see."  Brian seethed with anger inside but he did not want to scare Gus nor did he want Gus to know that he was unhappy with these ‘family members.'  Brian looked at Justin, rolling his eyes at the accusatory nature of their comments.

 

"Gus, who takes care of J.R.?" Brian had thought about how he wanted to approach this sensitive topic and decided discussing the familiar was a good option.

 

"Momma and Mom take care of her." Gus said with honesty, not making the leap that Brian had silently hoped for.  He didn't really want to point out the obvious- well obvious to him, that parents care for their children and a second child doesn't result in neglect of the first.

 

"Who took care of you when she was born?"

 

"Momma took care of me when Mom was in the hospital.   And then Momma and I left to live with her Mommy and Daddy.  It was pretty scary there.  They weren't really nice.  All they did was yell at Momma and tell her what a bad person Mom was."  Gus frowned when he recalled that time in his young life. 

 

A stab hit Brian's heart at Gus' story.  Wishing Lindsay had shared their problems with him was a moot point at this juncture and he wasn't sure he would have offered a different solution.  He knew she wasn't going to come live with him and he wasn't going to support her either.  He'd given her plenty of money for Gus, but if he had offered to put her up in her own place, he thought her little fantasies of the Mr. and Mrs. Brian Kinney show would have grown even bigger.

 

"But Momma was always there when you got home from school and spent time with you.  She didn't ask her Mommy and Daddy to care for you."

 

"Yes.  Momma was there after school all the time.  We'd eat milk and cookies when I came home and then we'd play a game or she'd help me with my homework.  She always played with me, even when J.R. was born.  Mom was too tired, but Momma played games with me."

 

"You know that I love you and so does Justin." Brian leaned over and hugged Justin to him, giving him a little kiss on the cheek.

 

"Yes."  Gus said.

 

"Ms. Cynthia is having a baby for us; so it's a little different than Mom and Momma having a baby." Brian could hear the tick of the clock on the wall, surprised that he never noticed it in the past.

 

"I know.  I like Ms. Cynthia.  She always gives me a piece of chocolate from her desk when I come to see you."  Gus started to kick his legs on the edge of the bed.

 

Brian smiled at his son, happy at his easy going nature.

 

"When the baby comes, Daddy and Justin are going to be its parents."

 

"I know that. Uncle Michael keeps saying you will change your mind about being a dad.  Are you going to change your mind?" He felt his stomach doing somersaults; fearing the unknown.

 

Again, Brian burned with indignation at the words his ‘family' was using in front of his son.   He wasn't surprised at the information but was unhappy that they had so little faith in his choices.

 

"No, Gus.  Justin and I want this baby very, very much."

 

"Oh," Gus said, a little disappointed in the answer.  He had hoped that his father would decide that he wouldn't want the baby and then he would still be the only child.

 

"We want this baby as much as we want you."

 

"You do?"  Gus made a huge smile, one that rivaled Justin's.  <i>His Momma and Mom were wrong and so was Uncle Michael and Grandma Debbie.  His Daddy and Justin still wanted him.</i>  He couldn't contain his happiness and he jumped off the bed and raised his fist in the air saying, "Yes!!!"

 

"Of course," Brian said.  He watched his child and chided himself for not having this conversation a while ago.  He motioned for Gus to rejoin them on the bed and Gus sat on the bed between the two men.

 

"Gus, you know your friend Colin has a baby brother and your friend Zach has a little sister," Justin said as he decided to enter the conversation.

 

"Yeah.  Colin likes his brother- they play Legos together, Zach said his sister always wants to play with her dolls and dolls are boring."  Gus thought for a few minutes before continuing.  "Do you think I could play Legos with the new baby?  That would be awesome.  Momma and Mom are busy a lot and can't always play."

 

"I'm sure when the baby gets bigger, he or she will play with you but it will be a bit before he/ she can play Legos."  Brian took another sip of his coffee, contemplating the almost empty mug. 

 

"OK." Gus' shoulders sagged a little at the disappointing news.  He'd hoped that the new baby would be an instant playmate.  Gus could see the snow coming down outside and hoped they could go play outside today.

 

"Gus, we want you to be a part of the new baby's life.  You'll watch it grow up and I know when the baby gets old enough, the two of you will play together," Brian said, trying to reassure his son of his place in the family.  "You'll always be our son and have an important place in our family."

 

"Daddy is trying to tell you that you don't have to take care of us or the new baby.  Just like Momma and Mom took care of J.R. when she was really little, Daddy and I will be taking care of the baby.  But, we will also be taking care of you when you visit."

 

"Visit?  Wouldn't it be better if I lived here with you and helped out when the baby comes?  Babies are a lot of work; that's what Mom says.  If I'm here, I can help a lot."

 

"Gus, come here," Brian waved his hand toward his son.  Gus moved closer to his father and looked at his face.

 

"You live with your Momma and Mom and the new baby will live with us.  You'll come visit all the time and I'm sure you will be a big help, but you're still a little boy and little boys need to run around, kick the soccer ball, play with Legos and make forts.  They don't need to be caring for little babies."

 

Gus looked at his Dad and then at Justin, seeing a familiar look on their faces.  He didn't know what it was called, but it was the soft face that his Dad and Justin made when they talked softly.  They were always truthful with him; never hiding secrets. "I guess I would get bored without my Legos and soccer ball."   He put his finger to his temple and tapped it a few times.  "When will the baby be old enough to play with me?"

 

"You can play with the baby when it is a few months old.  By that time, it will stay awake for a few hours at a time.  While you can't play Legos and build forts, there are lots of fun things you can do with the baby.  Daddy and I will teach you to play with the baby.  I'm sure you're going to be the best big brother ever," Justin said as he kissed the top of Gus' head.  The wind blew a loud gust against the house.

 

"But for now, I think we should get out the new sled you got for Christmas and play on the hills," Brian said.

 

"I love sledding.  Justin, are you going to sled with us?  Daddy can pull you on the sled too.  It will be so much fun."  Gus bounced up and down again, having difficulty hiding his excitement.

 

Justin looked at the snow covered grounds of their beautiful home.  He wasn't that fond of the cold and snow, but he wanted to share this pre- baby time with Gus.  He knew Gus needed reassurance that both of them would be there for him.  "Sure.  I'll come for a little while.  Maybe when we come in, you and I will make some fresh hot cocoa."

 

"Why don't you go get your long johns on and Justin and I will put on some warm clothes too and we'll meet you down stairs in a little bit?"

 

Gus slid off the bed quickly and ran out of the room.  Justin looked at Brian, a slight frown on his face.  "Sledding?  Really?  It's got to be 10 degrees out there with the wind chill.  He's only going to last 20 minutes- tops."  Justin shivered just thinking of the cold outside.

 

"Exactly.  When he comes in, he'll want to take a warm shower and we can do the same."

 

"Ah...  I see where you're going with this.  But, you do realize when the baby comes, someone will have to stay inside.  It's too cold to take the baby out in this kind of weather."

 

"I know, I know.  When the baby comes..... blah, blah, blah.  There is no baby now, so let's live a little," Brian said as he unbuttoned his jeans.  "You need to change into something more appropriate.  I plan on helping you change, but only after I get my morning blow job."  He proceeded to take off his jeans and underwear, standing in front of his partner with a fully erect cock.

 

Justin's mouth watered at the spectacular site in front of him.  Bending down on his knees he proceeded to give Brian his morning blow job.  He had to be fast; Gus wouldn't be willing to wait and might return at any time.  He knew how to bring Brian off very quickly as well as prolong their pleasure when he wanted to do so.  He heard the familiar increase in Brian's breathing and when Brian took his head between his hands, moving it so he could deep throat him, he felt Brian shooting down his throat.  Justin swallowed everything Brian had to offer and licked his lips in satisfaction.  Brian pulled his head up, signaling he wanted to kiss Justin and Justin complied with the request.  Brian tasted himself on his partner and moaned as their tastes co-mingled. They kissed for a few minutes, but stopped when he heard the familiar foot falls on the stairs. 

 

"Better get dressed, Justin.  I hear its cold outside," Brian said in a teasing manner.

 

"You too.  All your blood is in your dick so you're in jeopardy of getting really cold," Justin said as he walked over to his dresser and picked out a pair of long underwear.

 

"Daddy, I'm ready.  Aren't you guys dressed yet?  I had to go to the other side of the house cuz that's where my bedroom is.  You didn't have to go anywhere," Gus said from outside the door.  He'd learned that when the door was closed, he better knock or talk through the door.  He knew they were supposed to be getting dressed, so the closed door meant they weren't done.

 

"Almost finished, Sonny Boy," Brian said. 

 

A few minutes later both men came out of the bedroom and joined Gus.  "We'll need gloves, hats and scarves.  It's cold out there," Justin said.   

 

Gus had gathered all the cold weather gear and pointed to the pile sitting on the table.  "Hurry up.  Daddy might get tired pulling us up the hill," Gus said as he started to wrap the scarf around his neck.

 

They dressed quickly, avoiding getting too overheated in the house and enjoyed an hour playing in the snow.  When they were done, they came inside, made hot chocolate and showered to warm up just as Brian had predicted in the morning.  Justin enjoyed his late morning blow job; each man wishing for the evening to come so they could enjoy themselves even more.

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed the next installment.  I have a few more chapters written but the story is not finished yet.  Thank you to all those readers who continue to read despite the very slow postings.