Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

After Gus was asleep for the night, both men curled up on the couch in the media room, Justin with his back to Brian and Brian wrapped his arms around his waist. 

"Do you think our holidays will be so hectic?  Lindsay barely sat down until the dinner was served.  I don't remember mom being so stressed.  What about at your house?"  Justin asked and regretted the question as soon as it was out of his mouth.  Turning his face toward Brian he kissed him gently and said, "Sorry."

"Sorry's bullshit. Christmas was actually celebrated in my house; it being Jesus' birthday.   Of course, St. Joan went to church and drug us along until I refused to go.  I think I was about Gus' age when I stopped believing in any of it.   But, we're not discussing that topic right now.   I had a great day and I want to continue the mood."

Justin sighed, relieved that Brian had deflected the conversation, but sorry he brought the topic up.

"So, what do you want to do with Gus?  We've got him for a week, barring New Year's Eve.   It was great of Debbie to offer to keep him so we could go out."

"It's too cold to go kick the soccer ball at the park, but I heard there was an indoor soccer field that we could take him to," Brian said.

"Sounds like a plan, but that will take care of ½ day at best.  We've got 6 other days to fill," Justin reminded him.  "I was thinking of having him help decorate the baby's room.  He seems really excited about its arrival and this way he'll feel a part of the process."

"Ok.  We can catch a few movies.  Take him to see the Star Wars movie.   I know you're dying to see it."

"Don't put that all on me.  You want to see it too."

"Duh.  I'm sure the CGI alone will have you mesmerized.  We'll probably have to see it several times, just so you can concentrate on the story and not the graphics," Brian teased.  He gently kissed Justin's neck and continued.  "Of course, we will be required to play endless hours of killing zombies as well."

"Of course," Justin said, as he laughed at Brian's pretend annoyance at that activity.  "I'm sure it will go super fast and this time next week we'll be asking ourselves where the time went."

Brian yawned as did Justin.  "I guess we need to get some sleep. 10-year-old boys get up awfully damn early."

They went to bed and slept until Gus knocked on the bedroom door the following morning.

"Dad, Justin.   I'm hungry and I think we should have pancakes for breakfast," he said through the closed door.

"Okay, I'll get Justin moving and he will start the pancakes in a bit.  Until then, why don't you have a glass of orange juice and play some zombies."

"Cool," came the reply and Gus was off on his own while he waited for his Dad and Justin.

Justin attempted to bury his head under the pillow, but Brian lifted the pillow and tickled him.  "Get up.  Gus wants the famous Taylor pancakes."

"I'm sleeping.  You go," Justin responded as he pulled the pillow back on his head.

"No can do.  You were the one who has been going on about how our life will change when the baby gets here so you better get used to it."

Justin sighed and joined Brian in the bathroom where they took care of necessities. Dressed in lounge pants, they made their way downstairs where Gus was in the media room killing zombies.

"Gus," Justin yelled.  "Come on in here and help me make the pancakes."

Gus came running from the media room and hopped on a bar stool by the kitchen island.   "I can help?  Awesome!  Mom just tells me I'll be in the way."

"You'll never learn to cook if you don't practice.  Go get me three eggs, milk, sugar and flour."

Justin got out the large mixing bowl and Brian took the coffee beans from the fridge.

"Do you know how to crack eggs?" Justin asked Gus as he lined up all the ingredients.

"I've watched Mom, but I've never done it."

"Okay.  I'll crack the first one and then you can crack the next two."  Justin took the egg and tapped it lightly on the edge of the counter, pulled it apart and dropped the egg into the bowl.  "Now you try."

Gus cracked both eggs on the first try.

"See, nothin' to it.  Now, have you ever measured flour or sugar?"

"No."

Justin showed him how to measure the dry ingredients and they added those to the bowl.  Justin got out the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and showed Gus how to measure them as well.  They added the ingredients to the eggs and mixed well. 

"Now we turn on the stove and put butter in the pan.  Be very careful to turn the skillet handle away from the edge.  You don't want to run into it and get hot grease on you."  Justin turned the burner on and moved the skillet handle like he described.   "Now we just drop the batter in the pan." He gave the ladle to Gus and helped him scoop out the correct amount. 

"See how they're bubbling, that's how we know it's time to turn them."  Justin showed Gus how to use the spatula to turn the pancakes.  He turned all the ones in the pan and then after a few minutes gave the spatula to Gus to turn them over again.   He did really well.

"Dad, I'm making pancakes.  I can make pancakes for you when the new baby comes.  Won't that be a real help?"  Gus was so pleased with his new skill and wanted to be sure that his Dad and Justin realized he could do this by himself.

"I'm sure it will be.  I know you'll be a big help."

After all the pancakes were completed, Gus brought the plate to the table.  He piled several on his plate, added butter and syrup.  He cut the huge stack with a knife and took three layers of pancakes at once.

"These are so awesome, Justin!  Dad, me and Justin made breakfast.  Isn't that the best?"

"Justin and I," Brian said as he corrected his son.  It was important that Gus learn proper language skills if he was to take over Kinnetik when he grew up.  "These are good, Gus.  I bet Justin can show you all kinds of things to cook."

Gus took another bite of pancakes and said, "Really, Justin.  That would be so cool.  I could be the cook when you have the new baby."

Justin and Brian looked at each other, sensing a theme here, but did not want to address the issue at this time.  They just continued to eat their pancakes. After breakfast, they cleaned up and loaded the dishwasher. 

"Buddy, we're going to get cleaned up and then we're going into town.  Justin needs to get some paints for the wall."

"Cool.   I'll just play zombies while you guys get ready."

Brian and Justin went back to their bedroom and locked the door.  They undressed and went into the bathroom.  After turning on the shower, they started to soap each other.  Brian lathers his hand and moves it toward Justin's cock, but Justin smacks his hand away.

"Gus is waiting.  While he is busy playing zombies, we can't be having sex.  He'll hear us."

"Gus will not hear us.  He's on a totally different level.  We're going to have sex while he is here or it's going to be a long visit."

"I didn't say we couldn't have sex while he's here, just not right now.   Maybe when he's asleep.  He's only 10 and sex is not really on his radar, let's keep it that way."

"You are such a spoiled sport.  First you keep bringing up how this future child is going to curtail our sex life and change everything and now you are denying me your cute bubble butt just because my current son is visiting.  Maybe we should have really thought this through a little more.  I'll have permanent blue balls and will have to resort to copious amounts of masturbation."

Justin frowned and then laughed.  "You're pulling my chain and I recognize Brian Kinney's attempts at guilting me, but lucky for me I know you too well.  Finish washing my hair and let's get moving.  I want to get the paints and sketch the start of the design before its gets dark."  

Brian took the shower head and rinsed Justin's hair and then slapped him on the butt. "Okay.  Let's go, dream killer."

They dressed and joined Gus only 30 minutes after they went to the bedroom. "Let's go, buddy.  You can kill more zombies later."

Gus killed his last zombie and shut down the game.  "Where're we headed?"

"We're going to the art store.  I have to pick up some special paints and supplies to get the design ready for the new baby." Justin put on his coat and waits for Brian to unlock the doors before setting the alarm.

"Can we paint a design on my walls too?"  He asked as he put on his coat and gloves.

Justin grins and ruffles Gus' hair.  "Sure.  What kind of design to you want?

Gus gets into the car and puts on his seatbelt as he takes a few moments before answering.  "A castle, so I can be a knight and protect the baby."  He thought for a few more minutes and then said, "How about a pirate ship?  That way I can gather lots of gold to buy things for the baby."  Then he shook his head again and said, "I know...A picture of Africa- you know where the lions and elephants live.  I'll be the king of the area and protect the baby."

Brian and Justin looked at each noticing the theme in protecting the baby and nodded silently toward each other.

"Gus," Brian said as he backed the car out of the driveway.  "Justin and I think it's great that you want to protect the new baby, but you're still a little boy and we as the parents will protect both of you."

Gus smiled and said, "thank you, Daddy."  He was quiet for a few moments and said, "Okay.  I think I'd like the room to be stars and planets.  I want to travel to the moon every night."

"Stars and planets it is, Gus," Justin said as he mentally thought about a design for space for Gus' walls. 

Brian drove them into town while Gus looked out the window at all the decorated houses.  Brian parked the car and Gus got out of the car.

"Gus, Justin may take a long time in the store.  Is there anything you want from grocery store?  We could go there while Justin is deciding what paints to buy."

Justin snickered at Brian's suggestion.  "I know exactly what I want to paint and the colors I need.  It shouldn't take that long."

"What you going to paint on the baby's wall?" Gus asked wondering if he should listen to his father or Justin.

"I'm not sure.  What do you think we should paint?"

"How about the planets and stars?  I bet the baby would like those too.  And we could be the same."

Brian and Justin nodded their heads in agreement.  "Okay.  I like that idea."

"Well if you are going to paint the same picture on both our walls, I want to help pick out the colors.  Daddy, you go to the grocery store and I'll help Justin."  He waved his hand toward the exit and the store a few blocks away.

Brian shook his head in amusement, wondering how long Gus would last with Justin in the art store.  He'd been subject to Justin's version of "I'll only take a minute".  Those minutes were often several hours while Justin contemplated azure blue versus cerulean blue. He walked toward the grocery to pick up a few items they needed for the week. 

After loading the car, Brian returned to the art store and was surprised to see the two in the check out line.

"See, Daddy.  Justin and I are all done."

"I should send you to the art store with Gus more often," Brian said, tongue in cheek.  "We still have daylight for you to sketch the designs."

"I told you it wouldn't be long," Justin said as he grinned at his partner. 

They ran a few more errands and then returned to the house where Justin sketched the design on both bedroom walls. 

"That is fantastic, Justin.  I know I'll like living here when the baby comes.  It's the best room ever."

Justin's concerns kicked in high gear.  First Gus gets ready for bed without a fuss and then he says he'll help cook when the baby comes.  Now, he mentions he's going to live here.  He'll have to mention it to Brian, but he hopes he's just over-reacting.   For now, it's time to stop for the day as his hand is starting to hurt. 

"Gus, I'm going to start dinner in a bit.  Do you want to help?"

"Sure.  I want to help out all I can."

 

Brian walked into the kitchen just as Gus finished his statement.  He looked at Justin who mouthed "we need to talk" and Brian nodded his head. 

"Hey Sonny Boy, why don't you and I go play some zombies?"

"I need to help Justin, Dad.  We can play later. Mom and Momma always said that you have to do your chores first and then you get to play. We can play after dinner."

"Ok.  We'll both help Justin."

The three of them made dinner and had a lovely evening.

TBC