Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

 

Brian's POV

"Wake up!" Justin shouted into my ear.

I shoved him away, pulling the pillow over my head. I'd been sleeping fitfully lately. I couldn't find a great position with the ball of stomach I had. On top of that, the excitement of feeling Peanut moving around got old pretty fast.

I was at the twenty-four week mark according to Justin. Sadly, all his facts were right.

My back was killing me, and the prospect of going shopping for the baby scared me. I'd rather pull my nails out.

Peanut had finally decided to give us a clear view to what it was on the latest appointment, a couple of days ago.

Justin had cried for ten minutes straight, saying he'd always wanted a baby girl. I rolled my eyes, mock-apologizing for having a strong gene for birthing boys. First Gus, now Peanut.

If the twat got any idea of trying out for a girl, I was sending him to Daphne.

"Briiian! We're late!" He shouted from what sounded like the bathroom.

"Go alone." I moaned.

"No, I won't! You need to be there so you won't bitch about me getting Peanut something you might not like."

That convinced me to roll out of the bed, literally.

I found Justin in the bathroom, shaving. He threw me a big smile. "Nice bed hair."

"Fuck off." I stopped at the toilet and pissed for what felt like hours. Dr. Hump had warned me about Peanut pressing on my bladder, but this was ridiculous.

Next, I stepped into the shower.

By the time we were ready to leave, Justin kept checking his watch, shooting me panicked looks.

"They're not going to close the store. It only opened a few hours ago."

"I have a tight schedule planned for us."

"I know something else that's tight on you." I grabbed his ass.

"Stop. Can you keep it in your pants for a few hours?"

"I'm hormonal and horny. Cut me some slack."

Outside the building, he led the way to the Jeep, saying it was more practical than the 'vette. He blamed it on the many things we'd buy. I knew it was for my benefit.

The 'vette was too low and hard for me to get in and out of it.

Since Justin insisted on driving, I should have known his tight schedule included a stop by the diner. Right before we stepped inside, he covered my eyes, keeping a strong grip on my bicep.

"Sheesh. I have unpleasant memories of being dragged somewhere."

"I'm not dragging you. You're walking in yourself. Careful. Your head… Ooops. Sorry." He pecked my cheek. "To the right, now straight ahead. Watch out for the… Shit. Are you okay?"

I pushed him away, catching myself on the back of a booth. Then I looked up and saw all our friends smiling.

"What's this fuckery?" I caught Justin's eye, placing a hand on the side of my stomach.

"Uh, it's your…birthday? Did you somehow forget that too?"

"Shit."

"He did," Ted confirmed, laughing loudly.

"Happy Birthday!" Debbie cried out.

Emmett popped open a tube of confetti giving me a mini-heart attack. Hunter decided to blow on the party whistle. And of course, they sent the innocent one ahead to place a party hat on my head. That one being Gus.

He'd been very understanding of my situation. Thank God he couldn't think too deeply about the situation, besides 'daddy is giving me a baby brother.'

"We're not going shopping, are we?" I asked Justin.

"Tomorrow. Sorry, but this was the only way to drag you out of the bed."

In no time, I was swamped in presents. It was funny how most of our friends got me baby stuff, as if it was Peanut's birthday, not mine. Debbie was one of the thoughtful ones who got me something. Not that I liked the t-shirt, but the gesture was appreciated.

It said 'Real Men Bear Babies'. I'd have liked to see the person's face when they engraved this t-shirt.

Justin got me a t-shirt too, but I'd proudly wear it. Inside the house, of course. It said 'Peanut loves Dada'.

Cake was served and I couldn't deny it. I even took a second helping when Peanut demanded it.

Many hours later, Justin was driving us home. I was about to fall asleep.

When did this become my life? I needed a nap on a Sunday afternoon.

"I'll drop you off, then head to the store to finish shopping for the house. We still need a few things."

In the past few weeks, we'd finished painting all the rooms, and most of the furniture was bought. We only had to place it in order.

I told Justin it was stupid to dump whatever we bought in the middle of each room, but he didn't listen to me.

Once that tedious work was done, we could move in soon.

"I'll come with you," I offered through a yawn.

"You sure?"

"Yes, but we're stopping by the coffee shop. Fuck Dr. Hump. I need caffeine."

"But it's not good for Peanut. I read you that article—"

"Your argument is invalid. It's coffee, Sunshine, not drugs or booze."

Somehow, I'd convinced him to buy two tall lattes.

When we stepped into the store that carried the appliances Justin wanted, I became self-conscious. Again. It always happened when we were in public places.

Most of the people didn't look twice since so many men these days had beer bellies, but some took a second look. Mostly women, as if they knew something was going on.

I pushed Justin away from driving the cart in a feeble attempt to hide. "Lead the way," I mumbled.

Justin was usually quick and efficient when he shopped, unlike me who had to browse for hours to find something to strike my fancy. But that was usually clothes and shoes, not plugs, outlets, door knockers, lamps, and many other incredibly boring but useful things.

"Oh, I've been thinking," he said when we reached the bathroom area. "I'd like another mirror."

"We bought one," I reminded him.

"I said another one! Pay attention. This one would go on the wall in front of the bathtub. What do you think?"

"I think you're crazy," I said, not missing a beat.

"Just imagine how hot it would be. Fuck, I can imagine it."

"Do you have fantasies of being fucked in front of a mirror? Why didn't you say so?"

"Because you're usually not so slow. I'm surprised your mind didn't go into the gutter the second I mentioned the mirror and the bathtub in the same sentence."

"Sure. Let's find you another mirror then get the hell out of here."

On the way to the cash registers, we passed couches and armchairs. We had bought them a few weeks ago, so I was surprised when Justin veered me in their direction.

"I've always wanted one of these!" He threw himself on a bean bag, grinning.

Christ. It was like shopping with a child. "Do you want it?"

"Can we?"

I rolled my eyes. "Only if you promise to eat all your vegetable, Sonny Boy."

"Asshole!"

"Choose one." I stared at him as he looked around for the perfect bean bag. "But you're carrying it."

"Duh! Though, you're taking this to an extreme. I'm sure you're allowed to carry your own plate to the sink once you're done eating."

"The problem is getting up," I answered, laughing.

"Aww, poor baby." He brought a large, white bean bag to the cart.

"Are you sure about the color?"

"White is not a color, Brian. And yes, I'm sure."

"How should I have asked? Are you sure about the non-color, non-chromatic white?"

Justin's jaw dropped, then he started babbling.

Note to self: never start an argument with him about colors…that you have no clue about.

He kept complaining that he was stuck with a disinterested person in everything art related for the rest of his life all through the way out of the store and to the car.

"…and you're a fag! You should know more about colors than the average male!"

"Yeah, I know all about the White Party."

Justin groaned in protest, but finally stopped. Thank Baby Jesus.

When we arrived at the house, it was early evening. I knew Justin had put some things in the fridge the last time we'd visited, and I hoped they were enough, because I was starving.

"Aren't you going to help me?" He whined when he saw me going straight into the kitchen.

"Once I find some food."

"Try the top cabinet. There's a bag of chips and one of cookies, I think. I'll be upstairs."

Eating chips was something I avoided religiously, but that was in the past. I'd been eating all kinds of junk food lately. No wonder Dr. Hump was surprised by my weight gain. On the last check-up I was nearing a number I never thought I'd reach—200. It freaked me the fuck out. He'd told me the average woman gained around 30 pounds during pregnancy. Well, I wasn't the average woman, obviously. I was a few weeks away from the third trimester mark and I'd already gained more than I should have.

If I didn't get my figure back, I was going to murder Justin.

With the large bag of chips in my hand, I made my way upstairs. It only took me two minutes to reach the top landing, and I was out of breath.

Surprisingly, he wasn't in Peanut's room, which was the only one resembling an actual room. Only the closet and chest of drawers had to be assembled.

"Where are you?" I called, not sure which way to go.

"Our bedroom!"

That made me smile and to my annoyance, tears sprang into my eyes.

Fuck the hormones.

"Hey!" I leaned against the doorway, stuffing chips into my mouth.

He was in the middle of the room, lying on the carpet he'd insisted on buying not so long ago. I was surprised to see the bed moved to the window.

"Join me." Justin patted the spot next to him.

"You might need a crane to lift me up," I warned, but sat down. "Mhmm. This is really soft."

"Told you."

We laid there for what felt like hours. I even allowed Justin to have a chip or two.

"I've been thinking," he said loudly, jerking me from a light dozing off. "Do you really want to get married? I mean, it's not like Pennsylvania recognizes it."

"Oh?"

What's he on about?

I thought he was excited about this.

"Well, we have the rings. We're wearing them. We're having a baby. We're moving in together. How much more committed can two people get?"

"So you're saying you want an unofficial ceremony?"

"It would have been unofficial anyway. I'm just saying…intimate, like only between the two of us."

A kick to my kidney made me laugh. "I think someone feels excluded. Make that three of us so he'll stop training for the Soccer World Cup against my kidney."

Justin laughed, rolling on his side, touching my belly. "Of course, you're included. You're kind of a package deal with your daddy."

"Speaking of Peanut, we should look through that book your mom gave us."

"I don't want to pick a name from a book."

"It's for inspiration. I'll be damned if we call Peanut Brian Junior. Just think of how that is for short."

Justin grinned. "BJ! Ouch. You're right."

"And I want a manly name."

"We'll find the perfect one. Don't worry. Until then…help me unpack the lamps and screw in the light bulbs."

As we worked on taking the bedside lamps out of the boxes, I nudged his leg. "How many queers does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

He shot me an amused look, fighting off a smile. "Is this one of your kinky jokes? It has something to do with screwing."

"Fuck. Must you ruin my joke?" I might have pouted, but he knew me too well.

"So, how many?" Justin pressed.

"None. They screw each other."

"I knew it!" He laughed.

We worked in silence on screwing light bulbs on all the lamps we'd bought. The process was driving me crazy, and my back was killing me.

"Uh, something else I wanted to say…don't bite my head off, before hearing my arguments."

"Shoot," I muttered.

"How about we rename Peanut?"

"Isn't that what the whole choosing a name deal is all about? We settled we'd think of it."

"No, I mean…not call him Peanut anymore. It's odd. He's a boy and being called Peanut might emasculate him."

"Christ. How do you come up with these things?"

"What? It's a true fact. You know he can hear us? That's why we're encouraged to talk to him. He can even recognize our voices soon."

"Fine. So what, pray tell, should we call Peanut?"

"Munchkin."

"And who am I the Scarecrow?"

"The Lion." Justin smirked.

"Oh, so I'm a coward."

"The Lion was brave, actually. Just like you. I don't think I'd ever be able to go through what you are."

I admired the lamp in my hand, pondering on his words. "Munchkin. I like it."

Justin flashed me his most gorgeous smile, before diving for my stomach. He lifted my shirt, peppering kisses over the rounded, stretched skin. "Hear that, Peanut? You've officially been rebranded. You're now Munchkin."

"Yay me! I love my new macho name," I said in a high pitched voice, rolling my eyes.

Justin shot me a dirty look. "Your dad's being a jerk, but he's actually a huge marshmallow."

"Emphasizes on huge," I said seriously, lying back on the carpet. "Do we have to move? I'd rather sleep here."

"At least, let me help you to bed."

"I'm not an invalid." I battled his offered hand, but when all I managed was to roll over, ending up on my hands and knees, I gave up.

"As much as I'd like to take advantage of your position, we're both tired."

"You're never allowed anywhere near my ass," I hissed, leaning into his side as he helped me up. I stumbled to the bed, falling in the middle of it.

"Can you roll a little to the left or right?" Justin tried pushing me, but couldn't move my weight, which was pleasing, yet it freaked me out. It meant I was that heavy.

"Go to your precious bean bag."

To my surprise, he actually stomped out the room, but I was too tired to call him back. The bed was big enough for both of us, even though I took enough space for three people.

Chapter End Notes:

Don't worry about Justin. He'll be fine. ^_^

I'm so excited you all are enjoying this!