Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

 

Brian's POV

Everyone was curious about Sunshine's early return, but he gave them the same explanation: Rage fell through.

It was two weeks after his return and we were having breakfast at the diner when Hell broke loose.

I'd avoided eating at the diner because my usual quantity and quality in food had expanded, and on top of that I had cravings for the weirdest stuff.

Justin was showing me a few places his mother had been able to find us on such short notice, and thankfully without questions. Jennifer was probably happy, thinking I was making an honest man of her son, when in reality, he was making…an honest woman of me.

All I needed was a twat to actually be confused with a woman. At the rate I was weepy these days and the way my stomach kept growing (even though, Justin said he couldn't tell), it was scaring me.

Debbie approached our booth and I stuffed the house hunting photos under the car account I had on the table.

"Good to see you've decided to join the outside world. I'm surprised Sunshine can sit down."

"Not without difficulty," he joked, dodging my flying hand toward his head.

"We're ready to order," I muttered. I was hungry, dammit. Peanut demanded food.

"Egg white omelet and a waffle, with a side of coffee for you, and a stack of pancakes for Sunshine." Debbie smirked, tapping her notepad.

"Actually." I caught her elbow when she made to leave. "I'd like a real omelet with everything in it, a side of crisp bacon, and a decaf."

"And make my size of pancakes double. I have a feeling someone is going to steal," Justin added, narrowing his eyes at me, playfully.

"I was hungry," I told him, exasperated. He was going to repeat that to everyone. It had happened a few days ago. He'd made breakfast and while he showered, I ended up eating most of what he'd prepared.

Debbie gaped at me. "You okay, honey?"

"Of course." I scoffed. I dreaded the moment when we were going to tell them.

Still looking at me skeptically, Debbie went to place the order. I returned to peering over houses with Justin.

"If you show me one more suburban place, I'm leaving," I demanded.

"Sheesh. That narrows it to… Oh, look! This is not suburbia." He thrust a file into my face. "It's in the country. It looks beautiful!"

If I could see that bright smile on his face for the rest of my life, I'd get him the country house. "You want it?" It looked perfect compared to anything we'd seen so far.

"I've dreamt of such a place since I was little. But no. We can't buy this."

"Why the fuck not?"

"Look at the price, Brian! It's obscene."

"You want it. It's yours."

"Don't be silly. We have priorities."

"We need to move out. That's the first priority. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to talk to Mother Taylor." I pulled my phone out just as Michael and Emmett sat across from us.

I wasn't so quick this time to hide our reading material.

Michael stared at us in disbelief, while Emmett clapped loudly.

"You're getting married!" He exclaimed.

Justin slid lower on the booth, covering his face with the file he was reading, laughing quietly.

"Who's getting married?" Debbie reappeared at our table, grinning.

"Isn't this moving? We've all been waiting for this moment!" Emmett declared.

With her hands on her hips, Debbie raised an eyebrow at me. "When were you going to tell me, asshole?" She slapped the back of my head. "Nevermind. What brought this on? It's so unlike you to get hitched."

Justin laughed louder, sliding lower under the table, now holding his stomach.

Thanks a lot for the moral support, dear.

I opened my mouth to crush their dreams nicely, when Debbie gasped, clutching her heart.

"There must be only one explanation." She kept her eyes on Justin. "You knocked up Sunshine."

Her words made Justin laugh even harder, as he pressed his face into my side. "Can't breathe," he choked. "This is too funny."

Kiki brought us the food, but apparently Peanut had something against fried food today. The second I smelled my bacon, my stomach rolled, and cupping a hand to my mouth, I rushed to the little boys' room.

Someone was in the stall, and I wanted to kick them for occupying it, but I was just in time to bend over the sink and retch.

Great.

Exactly what I needed. More barfing.

A hand on my shoulder startled me as I was trying to rinse the vomit from the sink. I looked in the mirror to see Michael behind me.

"I'm okay. Do me a favor and have that bacon away from my plate by the time I return."

"Sure." He was confused, but didn't comment on it.

I stayed a few more minutes into the bathroom, before strolling out. It was now or never.

Justin stood up the second he saw me approaching, taking my hand and helping me sit. I might have objected, but I felt too drained. He didn't say anything, only kissed my cheek, rubbing a hand on the small of my back.

When I looked around, I saw Ted had joined our small group, probably dropped by for coffee on the way to work. We had better coffee at Kinnetik, but no one could deny a trip to the diner.

I sighed loudly, catching Debbie's eyes. "It's not Justin, it's me." I hoped she'd figure it out without me spelling it out for her.

"It's you, what?" Michael asked, eyeing me worried.

"You?" Emmett gasped.

"What did I miss?" Ted looked between Justin and me, utterly confused.

"Oh, kiddo." Debbie sat next to me, kissing both my cheeks. "Eat up. You hear me? You must eat and sleep and take care of yourself."

"That's exactly what he does," Justin told her with a smile. "I cook and he polishes everything. Then he sleeps and snores. And if by taking care of himself you mean fucking, we sure do that."

"Fuck you very much," I muttered to Justin.

"Isn't this a surprise?" Emmett laughed. "Who would have thought? The ultimate top, a nelly bottom?"

"Fuck you too, Honeycutt!"

"What are you talking about, Em? Brian doesn't bottom!" Michael shook his head, amused.

"Apparently, he does." Emmett smirked my way.

"No, he doesn't."

"Oh, he does—for me," Justin butted in.

"Would you quit talking about me as if I'm not here?" I hissed.

"Careful. You don't need any stress," Debbie said softly.

When Michael kept staring at me as if he hadn't seen me in his life, I groaned loudly. "I'm…pr… I can't say it."

"What he's trying to say is that he's carrying my child." Justin hugged me tightly. "Love you."

While the others eyeballed me in different levels of amazement, I dug into my breakfast.

Michael snapped out of the stupor first, reaching across the table and slapping my shoulder. "Good one. A real good one there, Brian. I almost believed you for a second. You always came up with the most amazing April Fool's jokes."

I put my fork down, wiped my mouth, and folded my hands on the table. "Mikey, there is no joke. Would you believe it in a few months when I turn into a pig?" I shot Justin a dirty look, to which he answered with his Sunshine smile.

He was having too much fun with my situation.

Emmett, vibrating with energy, patted my hands. "Tell me. I need deets."

I raised an eyebrow, returning to my food.

"Yes, explain to us how it happened," Ted agreed.

Emmett shot him an exasperated look. "You know how it happened, and it proves a theory of mine. Even Brian Kinney takes it up the ass."

I froze, looking around, worried. "Would you be quiet?" That was the last thing I needed—all the fags on Liberty Avenue to know I was a bottom boy for my partner.

"Guys, please, let him eat. He gets really bitchy if he doesn't eat," Justin begged. "For your own good, Ted. You'll spend the rest of your day around him."

"But I need to know things, like the due date and the sex to start planning. There are so many things to do!" Emmett searched in his satchel for a small notebook and a pen. "Okay. You'll need a baby shower, I'll take you shopping for baby stuff, how do you want to decorate the room? Wait." He stared mesmerized at the file in front of Justin. "That's why you're looking at houses!"

"Bingo!" I pointed my fork to him, beaming.

"You're not getting married?" He sounded heartbroken.

"Why would we do that?" I rolled my eyes, bumping Justin's knee under the table. "There are no locks on the door."

"Uh, heeelloo! There are!" Emmett waved like crazy. "Namely, inside you."

Shit. He was right.

Fuck.

Exactly what I hated. The kid keeping two people together just for the sake of it.

But I knew Justin would love what Emmett suggested. I had to come up with a plan, and run it by Honeycutt himself. Ugh. The things I put up with for Sunshine.

When I was done with my breakfast, I waited for Ted to finish his coffee so we could get a move. While waiting, I leaned into Justin's side. He immediately wrapped his arms around me, kissing the top of my head, and offering me some of his pancakes.

In that moment I was hit hard and fast with a realization.I loved him. I really loved him, probably more than he loved me.

I was going to do everything in my power to show him.

First, I'd buy him that country manor.

Second, I'd propose.

Third, I'd give him free reign to decorate the house and also to do whatever he wanted for the wedding. Which had to be soon, while I still fit in my designer clothes.

Then, I'd buy him a car. Or maybe we'd use the good ol' Jeep. We were going to need something other than the 'vette. As much as I loved it, it wasn't very practical.

"Honeycutt, come by the office around noon. You're allowed to bring food," I said, getting up. "Later." I kissed Justin, then left with Ted.

We managed a few steps outside the diner, before Michael caught up with us.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" He whined.

"I was under the impression you were upset with me. I always make such poor decisions. You never agree with anything I do."

"That's not it. I'm shocked, Brian! You're…God, I can't even say the word. So excuse me for being a little reticent at hugging you at the news."

"What about me? How do you think I took the news? I'm the one going through this shit. You're my best friend, and the least I expect from you is moral support," I snapped.

"Should I start looking for baby designer clothes?"

"That's not such a bad idea." I smirked. "Now, I'll see you later. I need to go to work and be awesome. Right, Theodore?"

"If by that you mean firing me ten times before noon, sure."

I beamed at him. He put up with so much shit from me.

Another decision: Give Theodore and Cynthia a big raise. They've earned it.

If only I could remember all my plans until I reached the office.

It seemed that lately, I kept forgetting things, which was driving me crazy. Justin, my Human Encyclopedia, told me his mother used to forget stuff too when she was pregnant with his sister.

I didn't need that piece of information. It made me visualize myself in a room full of pregnant women, exchanging stories about what we'd forgotten lately, whether or not we had gases or heartburn, or whatever else might happen during a pregnancy.

I shouldn't worry about not knowing what to expect. Justin promised to collect as much info as possible and send it to me when I least expect it. His words, not mine.


From: Justin Taylor

To: Brian Kinney

Date: April 1, 2004 14:26

Subject: Surprise :)

Hey!

Here's my promise to you. If my calculation is right, you're about 11 weeks. (you must ask the doctor the exact date!)

Btw, when's the next check-up? I want to come too. I won't take no for an answer. I'll bribe you with food.

Okay, so here goes…

Facts: your baby is the size of a fig (now, that's vague. Figs come in different sizes. I've seen one the size of my fist once, but I doubt it's THAT big.) And hear this! The baby is almost fully formed!

Their hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden (HA! Don't be a perv. We're talking about a cute, innocent baby…who'll have the misfortune to end with two sex addicts as parents)

If you're like most women (that's what the website said!), you're feeling a bit more energetic now and your nausea may be starting to wane. Unfortunately, you may also be suffering from constipation (caused by hormonal changes, which can slow digestion) and heartburn (hormones again, relaxing the valve between your stomach and esophagus).

Don't worry if nausea has made it impossible for you to eat a wide variety of healthy foods or if you haven't put on much weight yet (most women gain just 2 to 5 pounds during the first trimester). Your appetite will likely return soon, and you'll start to gain about a pound a week.

Let's repeat that one: A POUND A WEEK. There are 41 weeks, minus 11, we have 30 weeks which means 30 pounds! Aww, I'll love you chubby too.

In other news…do you want pasta with meatballs for dinner? I'm going to the market later.

Love you lots (both of you),

JT

Chapter End Notes:

I'm so happy you all like this so much! Thank you for your nice reviews.

See you next week! :)

And an extra thank you for the Admin for the gorgeous banner!