Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

We find the truth in this chapter. :)

Brian's POV

I didn't visit Dr. Hump until late March, because I was too busy to accept any of his offered consult days. All his free spots overlapped important meetings for me. He told me that if my assumptions were correct, I had to see him pronto, but fuck it. Work was more important.

Besides, I was feeling fine.

Even Justin had stopped being a grouch. We blamed my time of feeling off back in February on Patrick's bug.

We completely ignored the fact that the smell of Cap n' Crunch mixed with milk made me nauseated, or the fact that only guava juice made me feel better.

So of course, when Dr. Hump called me with the results of my tests later the same day I saw him, it was a good thing I was sitting down.

"Could you repeat it?" I slumped in my chair, not giving a fuck I was in the middle of a staff meeting.

"I told you that your family is growing."

"Fuck."

"I can schedule you along with Keith," he joked.

"You're so fucking hilarious, doc."

"I've been told."

"Your friends are liars," I mumbled, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"It was my wife who told me. I'll let her know." He laughed. "Anyway, I want to see you as soon as possible. We need to check if everything is okay. Any idea when this could have happened?"

"Just like Keith," I grunted.

"Oh, this is going to be—"

"Don't spook me further," I begged. "I'll come by the clinic tomorrow. You free?"

"Nine okay?"

"Nine," I confirmed, before hanging up. I sat straighter in my chair, clearing my throat. "Where were we? Right. New budget for ad campaigns."

No one moved an inch. All eyes were boring holes into my head.

"What," I barked, glowering at them.

"Is everything okay?" Ted whispered.

"Peachy. New budget for ad campaigns," I repeated louder.

They got the hint, thankfully. While the heads of all departments started arguing about who needed more and why, I busied myself with my phone, sending Justin an e-mail.


From: Brian Kinney

To: Justin Taylor

Date: March 30, 2011 14:57

Subject: I see a pattern

Twat,

We have a problem. You're not allowed to freak out. We knew this was a possibility.

Dr. Hump called me with the results. We have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9. After we drop Munchkin to KG, we'll see him.

PS: Wasn't it around April Fools the last time we found out I was… I still can't say it. Fuck it. If you were next to me, you'd be enjoying the joys of suffocation.

BK


His reply didn't come until many hours later, when I was back in my office working with Ted on the cash flow and balancing the checkbook.

When my phone pinged, he waved for me to answer.

"I know it's Justin. Answer him," he insisted when I ignored the phone.

I wasn't ready for a lecture à la Justin.


From: Justin Taylor

To: Brian Kinney

Date: March 30, 2011 17:17

Subject: RE: I see a pattern

WHAT?

NO! You can't!

I was headed home, but since I'm close… I'll drop by. Expect me in five. And clear the potential witnesses of your murder.

Justin


Well, fuck.

We were back to square one.

"We'll finish this another time," I told Ted.

"We're almost done."

"I'm leaving." I wasn't ready to have a scene with Justin in the middle of Kinnetik.

Gathering my suit jacket, briefcase, and phone, I walked out my office, ignoring Ted's astonished look.

Justin was pulling up in front of Kinnetik, when I stepped out. My multitasking twat. I had no idea how the fuck he never had an accident, twisting around to Munchkin, instead of paying attention to the road ahead.

I slid in the passenger seat, before turning to Munchkin. "Hey, there!" I pinched his leg. "How was school?"

"Great! We had fun!"

"That's great." I turned to Justin, offering him a smile. He ignored me. "Hello to you too." I pressed my lips to his jaw.

"It's too late," he said slowly.

"What?"

"It's too fucking later, Brian! We can't do anything about this now! If it happened in the shower then….when else?" He snorted. "You denied me ever since." He sighed loudly, meeting my eyes. "You're over three months. Too late to get rid of…that. You did it on purpose, didn't you? Postponing your appointment with Dr. Hunt? You don't care one fucking bit about yourself? About us? It will kill both Patrick and me if something happened to you! And for what? So you'll live your newest ambition to pop out another kid? Fuck you, Kinney!"

"Are you done?"

"Not in the least." He glared, his eyes turning to slits.

"I'm hungry?" Munchkin said uncertainly from the backseat.

"Drive to the diner," I instructed Justin. "We'll talk about this later. Tomorrow. After we see Dr. Hunt."

"There's nothing to talk about. You always feared being stuck in a relationship where people hate each other, and they stay together for the kid's sake. Well, you have what you feared. I HATE you."

I slapped the back of his head when Munchkin burst in tears. "Look what you've done!" I went into the backseat, next to Munchkin, trying to calm him. He never liked it when we shouted, but usually he didn't understand the reason we fought. This time, he did. Everyone understood the meaning of the word 'hate', even a five year old.

Debbie smelled trouble from the second she saw us stepping into the diner. She even made a point to steer the new bus boy the other way, so she could wait on us.

"How's the wonderful Kinney-Taylor family this fine evening?"

"Hungry!" Patrick answered, throwing her a killer smile which he knew would get him an extra scoop of ice cream for dessert.

"Today's special. Whatever that is. Hold the remarks," Justin muttered, still not looking my way.

"And a Slurpee for Munchkin," I added lightly.

She eyed us confused, but went to place the order. Until Debbie returned with questions, we sat quietly, each of us deep in their own thoughts.

"So what's new in my favorite family?" She pushed Justin until she could sit next to him. "For the nickname I gave you, you look like there are rain clouds everywhere." She pinched his cheek.

"There are." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What have you done now, asshole?"

"Hey! Watch it!" I covered Munchkin's ears. It wasn't like he didn't hear at least ten cuss words per day, but we tried to keep it to a minimum.

It was him who answered, though. "Dada hates Daddy."

Debbie raised an eyebrow at Justin. "Is that so, Sunshine?"

"It's because Daddy wants to give me a little sista. Dada doesn't."

"Patrick!" I groaned. Spill our secret, by all means.

"Is that true?" She turned her eyebrow lifting to me.

There was no need to pretend this wasn't real. "I don't know why he's so upset. It's his fault, anyway." I kicked Justin's foot under the table. And gloriously missed, when Debbie yelped. "Sorry, Deb."

"But I thought… Is this possible? Again?" She paled, eyeing me concerned.

"Apparently, it's possible all right. Don't ask questions, because we don't have answers. I have to see Dr. Hump tomorrow."

"I'm getting a little sista?" Munchkin's hopeful eyes stared at me, sparkling.

"We'll see. It might be a little brother."

"No. It has to be a sista."

Justin stood, pushing his way out of the booth. "I can't listen to this shit." He stormed out the diner, leaving me gaping after him.

He was more upset than I originally thought. I had a vague idea of why. It was himself he actually hated, not me. Because he didn't use the correct head when he fucked me in the shower without the condom.

"I'll be right back. Stay with Grandma Deb, okay?" I kissed Munchkin's forehead, before running after Justin.

It wasn't difficult to spot him in the busy street. I followed him at a safe distance, always leaving a few people in between us. He was headed for the park, which was a good idea. We needed a quiet place to talk.

I wasn't thrilled about the news, either, but what the fuck. It happened. I had to get used to this, just like the last time. Though, now I'd scalp Dr. Hump if he left any abnormality in my body to help with another mistake. I'd like to enjoy having Justin inside me without worrying if our family would grow or not. It was insane, as it was.

Justin stopped at a secluded bench, sinking in it and wrapping his fingers in his hair.

I approached carefully, sitting next to him. He probably knew I'd followed, because it would have been odd to do what he did next with a total stranger. His arms wrapped around my neck, as he sobbed loudly.

"I'm scared, too," I admitted, squeezing him tightly.

He didn't answer, only cried into my shoulder, until all he could produce were loud hiccups and sniffs.

"Feeling better?" I stroked his hair, kissing his forehead.

"No, but there's nothing we can do."

"Maybe I could spank you," I suggested teasingly.

Justin pulled away a little to look me in the eye, a mischievous glint in his. Even red- eyed, he was still beautiful. I caught his lips in a kiss, enjoying their softness, and even the salty taste.

Chapter End Notes:

They're okay. I promise. It will only take a while for Justin to warm up to this. Like Brian said, he's feeling guilty for letting this happen.