Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

With the new job, I barely have time for anything. Enjoy the chapter and I promise everything will be okay in the end ;)

Brian's POV

Once Justin had returned, it was close to seven in the evening. We had dinner, then shared presents. The few things we'd got them were nothing compared to the mountain of baby stuff they got us.

We stayed up until around midnight when I retreated to our bedroom, leaving Justin to play host. I was going to play a game with Munchkin about who'd fall asleep first. Hopefully him so I could do it too.

A ruckus pulled me from a deep sleep.

It felt like someone was shaking the house, but it was actually brutal knocking in the front door, joined by the doorbell ringing, and loud shouts at the window.

"That's not Emmett's voice. I'm having a nightmare," I slurred, rolling on my other side.

All the noise had woken Kira, who I could hear crying from across the hall. Then Puffy started barking.

"Someone is going to die," I shouted, getting out of the bed.

"How do they know we're here?" Justin followed me out the room. "Sorry, guys," he said to Leo who'd poked his head out their room.

"Michael. I made the mistake to tell him we're here for a few QUIET days! Is that Debbie? I'm hearing things." I moaned in protest.

Somehow, our guests joined us downstairs too. I wrenched the front door open, ready to kick their asses back to Pittsburgh when I noticed the whole gang was piled out on our porch.

"I'll be upstairs. Wake me up when this is over," I muttered, turning to head upstairs, but Debbie grabbed the strap of my robe.

"Not so fast. We went through hell to surprise you."

"You shouldn't have."

"Who are they?" Michael questioned, coming in, eyeing our guests curiously.

I exchanged a look with Justin, seeing he was just as upset about our family's surprise visit as I was.

"Why don't you all barge in? By all means. Feel at home. These are our friends from Canada—Keith, Leo, and Kira."

"And I need coffee," Justin mumbled, disappearing into the kitchen.

"Me too." Leo went after him.

Emmett was the next to come in with balloons, then came Ted, Ben, Linz and Mel with bags filled with God knows what, last but not least, Jennifer with Molly and Gus.

"Sonny Boy." I picked him, hugging him tightly. I needed a piece of sanity in that madness.

"Don't!" Several voices shouted at me, making me feel like a berated child.

"Sorry, buddy." I deposited back on the floor. He kept close to my leg as I went to the kitchen. "Did you have breakfast?"

He shook his head, looking sleepy.

"Aww. Sit down. Justin, do we have some cereal here?"

"We don't have anything! Can you throw them out? You're not ready for this!" Tears pooled in his eyes. "Tell them to leave."

"Hey, Sunshine." I pulled him in my arms. "What's wrong? Shh." I stroked his hair. "I'm not particularly enthralled with this, but they're here. I have no clue what they want…"

"Baby shower," Gus explained, startling me.

"Baby shower," I repeated to Justin, finally processing his words. "WHAT? No way."

"See? You can't overexcite yourself."

"Stop crying and tell me what's wrong," I whispered. "Leo, can you please take Gus to the living room? He's our friend, okay, Sonny Boy?" I smiled at Gus.

Once we were alone, I shut the door and turned to Justin.

He burst in tears, clinging to my robe. Shit. What the fuck do I do with him in this state?

"I stayed up until three with Leo. He told me some things…"

"Yeah?" I urged him.

"He said Keith's parents came unannounced when he was seven months along. They had no idea. They aren't close."

"I can relate," I mumbled.

"They had a huge fight which ended up with Keith in the hospital for weeks! Brian, I don't want anything to happen to you or the baby! You know how our family gets."

"Nothing will happen." As I talked, I remembered of Dr. Hump's words on having a talk with Justin about me giving birth to Munchkin.

I have avoided telling him anything regarding that. Especially the part with the horrible scenario where he'd end up alone with a baby.

"Brian?" He whispered. "You're pale. Do you want to sit down? I'm going to kick them out."

"Wait." I pulled him to the first chair available where I sat with him on my knees. "I need to tell you something. Then we'll go and enjoy the party our family is throwing for us—for Munchkin."

"You're scaring me."

"I kept postponing this for too long. Look, Justin…" I ignored the way my hands shook as I cupped Justin's hands. "Owen wants us to talk about the birthing. Remember how I told you there have been some other cases like mine in the States…" He squeezed my hands tightly. "Well, the thing is… you see… Fuck, I can't say it. Dammit."

His fingers slipped from mine and a loud sob escaped him. Justin threw his arms around my neck, crying in my hair, mumbling, "No. No. No."

"They didn't make it, but they saved the babies."

"Fuck!"

"Shh."

"You're telling me now?" He jumped away from me. "I wouldn't have agreed to this! I love you, Brian! I don't want… NO. Don't touch me."

I froze halfway to him. "Promise me, if something happens…"

"I'll kill myself."

"Don't be a twat! What about Munchkin?"

His eyes narrowed. I hadn't seen him so angry in my life. "Fuck. Munchkin. And fuck you!" He stormed out.

The front door slamming shut made me jump as I gaped out the door in the direction he'd gone.

"What just happened?" Debbie whispered, approaching me.

I slumped back in the chair, holding my stomach.

Like it wasn't painfully clear what happened.

"Get out of my house! All of you," I said as calmly as I could. "OUT!"

I rubbed a hand to the spot where Munchkin pushed a little foot.

Yeah, I guess I already ruined your life.

Are we surprised?

Not even born yet and you know what a loser you dad is.

Of course, and I took you down with me.

Justin not only hates me, he hates you too.

Fabulous, I know.

Arms wrapped around my shoulder, jerking me from my inner monologue. Keith and Leo helped me to the living room. I stumbled to the stupid bean bag where I crashed and started sobbing.

I just lost everything.

There was a fucking reason why I kept my heart protected and stayed away from all that love bullshit. It backfired at me when I decided to embrace it.

"What did you tell him, Brian?" Keith sat next to me, rubbing my back.

"That I might not make it."

"Where?"

"Through this." I pointed to my stomach. "My doctor said it's a chance."

"It's a chance for everyone pregnant to not make it!"

"Justin said if he knew…" The words caught in my throat. I couldn't say it.

Not keeping Munchkin, previously known as Peanut, had never been an option. I assumed him like all the mistakes I'd made in life. He was mine.

"He's upset. He'll get over it," Leo said soothingly, kneeling in front of me and running a hand over my leg. "When Keith was in a really bad shape in his seventh month, I wanted only him to make it."

"But they both made it."

"Exactly. It was an irrational thought. I didn't know Kira. I didn't love her as much as I loved Keith. That's what Justin is feeling."

"But I want Munchkin to make it," I mumbled, wiping at my eyes.

Keith chuckled a little. "Of course you do. You love him more, because you are more connected to him. Come on, Brian. Think about it. Would you have loved the baby as much as Justin, if Justin was carrying him?"

"No."

"See? Now, why don't you go to him?"

"Like I know where he ran off? Besides, he doesn't want us. Remember? He hates both of us. Everyone heard that."

"He rounded the house," Leo explained. "No car left."

"What about…everyone?"

"They did leave. I think you'll need to apologize to them in person, though."

"Justin's here," I gasped, the words sinking in. I got up with their help, before running, more like waddling, out through the sunroom.

I saw him leaning against a tree, head on his bent knees, shoulders shaking.

I approached quietly, sinking in the wet grass.

"I love you," I whispered, taking his hand.

Wet blue eyes found mine, then he tackled me to the ground. "I'm so sorry. So sorry. Sorry. Sorry, Brian. Forgive me. I love you both more than my life."

"I was so fucking scared I lost you," I said in his hair, hugging him tightly and rocking us. "Don't you ever pull anything like that on me again! I'll cut your balls off."

"I always knew you wanted to feel superior, but that takes it to a whole new level."

"Twat. My sweet, annoying, perfect twat." I kissed all over his face.

"You okay? Munchkin? I didn't hurt either of you?"

"I think you upset Munchkin. He kicked me quite harshly when you stormed out."

"Aww. I'm so sorry, sweetie." He slid down, between my legs, kissing my stomach. "Ow." He sat up, rubbing his cheek. "I think he took out my tooth."

"Along with my intestines. You need to work overtime for his forgiveness."

Justin helped me up, kissing him deeply. One of his hands searched the pockets of my robe. Before I could question him, he came out with a condom.

"We have guests," I reminded him.

"They understand we need a little TLC and hot make-up sex."

"Turn around."

"No. You, turn around. Hug the tree."

I laughed loudly.

"Do it," he whispered in my ear, pushing my pants down.

I rested my elbows on the tree trunk, but the fabric caught. "This isn't working," I demanded.

Justin peeled the robe off me, spread it on the ground then lay me on it, facing him. The buttons of my pajama top flew in every direction, then his hands were on my man tits. Slowly, he sank into me, keeping one of my legs on his shoulder and the other bent at the knee spread to the side.

He moved gently, giving me time to get accustomed to his intrusion.

I wrapped my fingers in his hair, bringing him down for a heated kiss.

Out of all the times I'd let him top, this was the best we'd ever shared. I didn't want to finish. I wanted to stay there in the grass, held by him while we made love for the rest of my life.

But like all the good things in life, it came to an end. An explosive end which made me black out for a second or two.

Sated and happy, we lay there for what felt like hours.

When we finally picked our way back to the house, we saw out front many cars, which meant our guests hadn't left, either. Keith and Leo had lied. Damn.

"Ready for part two of the fiasco?" I kissed along Justin's jaw.

"As long as I have you by my side, sure. Bring it."

We stopped in the living room's doorway, staring at all the decorations and presents and food. There were chocolate chip cookies. I'd been craving them for days.

"SURPRISE!" They all yelled.

I rolled my eyes, strolling to the cookies, taking the plate, and sinking into the stupid bean bag. "Mhmm. These are delicious."

Everyone burst out laughing.

"What have you done to him, Sunshine? He looks like he rolled in the grass." Debbie stared at me, still laughing.

"Yes, daddy. You have grass in your hair. Why is your tee ripped?"

I glanced down. Fuck.

"Someone looks freshly…rolled in the grass." Michael's words sent everyone in round two of laughter.

"Fuck off." I threw more cookies in my mouth. "You wish you had our sex life."

"Briiian, must you? Gus is right next to you," Justin chided me.

"Come here, Sonny Boy. Let me tell you a story about how you appeared in our lives."

Everyone exploded in loud chatter. Lindsay offered Gus his sippy cup, glaring at me. Emmett asked for anyone to hear if we could open presents. Debbie started catering everyone.

Justin snuggled into my side. "You're such an asshole, Brian."

"But you still love me."

"No idea why." He grinned up at me.