Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin's POV

I checked and double-checked everything necessary was packed; especially when I had no idea where we were going. Judging by the light clothes Brian had put in the three suitcases, I guessed it was somewhere warm.

It was time to find out our destination, only to make sure we'd have everything we might need. And seriously? Three suitcases full of clothes? Brian could be such a label queen.

It took me a few minutes to find him.

Brian was slouched on the couch in the living room, his legs kicked up on the coffee table and a bottle of whiskey in his hand. His left hand was stretched out in front of him, his eyes fixed on it; most likely on the ring.

We'd worn the rings ever since he proposed back in New York, but it seemed different now that it was official.

"Hey." I plopped down next to him, taking his left hand and kissing the top of it. "Everything okay?"

His hazy eyes found mine, and a smile stretched on his face. He was notorious for drinking like a fish, but it seemed he'd had one too much tonight.

"Sure. Why do you ask?" He leaned his head against the back of the couch, staring at the ceiling.

"You've been a little…I don't know…off? Ever since everyone left, you disappeared. Already cheating on me with Jim?"

He chuckled. "It's been a long night."

"That's true." I snuggled closer, slowly working on the small buttons at his wrist. "How about a shower?"

"I know you'll think I'm crazy," he said seriously.

"I'll never. What is it, Brian? Tell me." He was starting to scare me. I rubbed my thumb over his wrist, in hopes to relax him.

"Just don't laugh. Promise me," he demanded.

I rolled my eyes, expecting some silly statement. He was probably worried we wouldn't fuck ten times a week anymore, and we'd cut back to seven or less. Like that was the case.

Brian caught my pinky with his, looking dead serious. "Swear on the memory of Marilyn Monroe."

"Oh my God!" Such a drama queen. "Okay, okay. I swear on the memory of Marilyn Monroe."

He relaxed visibly. Still clutching my pinky, he confessed, "I have no clue what's appropriate to do now. Where should we have our first time as a…married couple? I imagined it would be in Ib…uh, on our honeymoon. But I don't think I can wait that long. Is the bed the best option? I mean, it will feel odd to do it in the shower, or against the wall, or even right here…on the fucking couch. Right?"

At that point, I wasn't expecting to be involved in the conversation. I thought it was one of those monologues where one babbled about stuff and the other listened.

Though, Brian never babbled. He never had, not even when he was nervous, which meant he was more than nervous at the moment. He was fucking clueless, something that didn't occur often.

If I laughed, we'd probably experience our first married argument, before the first married sex. I couldn't have that, so I bit hard on my lip.

In such moments when he didn't believe in himself and he felt like he let people down, it was on me to make him see sense, and what a queen he was. It usually involved screaming at him.

"Do you hear yourself?" I snapped, dropping his hand on his lap.

Mock-anger should do the trick to snap him out of his funk. It also kept me from rolling on the floor in laughter.

Instead of getting upset, Brian shrunk further, answering in a small voice, "I have no idea what I'm doing, Justin. I want this to be perfect."

"Brian, you're overthinking this! Don't allow this ring to dictate our relationship. That's what made you hate and reject the idea of marriage for years! I can see why. You don't have to change! I don't want to fuck on the fucking bed!"

"You don't?" He met my eyes, perplexed.

"No!" I stood, hands on my hips. "This isn't my first time. You were sweet back then, which I'm grateful for. Now…well, now…I want you to take me wherever the fuck you want, however the fuck you want, and show me how much you love me! No romance or bullshit. Romance is for dykes."

Brian put the bottle on the floor, and when I thought he was going to stand up too, he hunched over, burrowing his face in his hands. "When did I become such a breeder?"

God help me. I crouched in front of him, pulling his hands away to see his face. Surprisingly, there was no poker face on, he was truly confused and fighting with himself over what was right to do.

I never thought I could fall in love with him again, but I did—every day; especially at that very moment when he put my feelings and needs above himself and his beliefs. I wanted to smother him in hugs and kisses, but I also needed to bring my asshole husband back from this mellow version of him. He was acting like the first time he proposed to me, five years ago. I couldn't have that.

"It's okay to be worried about such things." He raised an eyebrow at me, clearly amused. "I mean, about where should we fuck for the first time, or how. I always want you to show me your romantic side. I know you have one, and it's very nice seeing it every once in a while." I kissed his cheek softly. "But it's still us, Brian. We don't have to change just because we're married."

I must have said the right thing, because slowly, Brian unbuttoned his other cuff, then slowly as he stood he worked on taking his tie off. "Did you say something about a shower?" My favorite Kinney smile was tugging at his lips.

"There you are!" I beamed, throwing my arms around his neck. "I feared for a second I lost you again, and the aliens had abducted you a second time."

"Not a chance in hell, Sunshine."

Shrugging out of his shirt and abandoning it on the couch, Brian pulled me after him by my collar. I always liked this playful side of him.

When we arrived in the bathroom, Brian tugged at my buckle belt, then unzipped my pants violently, his mouth at my neck.

"Let's not tear our clothes," I said calmly.

"You're over-dressed." He was a man on a mission, and the mission was to undress me. Leaving my pants hanging open, he loosened my tie, before tearing my shirt. The buttons flew everywhere, and it was as hot as I thought it would be…hearing the fabric ripping and the small buttons hitting the walls and floor. "For once in my life, I don't give a fuck about clothes."

I was too shocked by his words to react.

I knew he'd regret destroying a few-hundred-dollars worth shirt, so I decided to step in before he had a chance to rip anything else. After I made sure our pants and boxers were salvaged, I was ready to let him take the lead.

Brian pushed me into the shower, kissing me deeply, his hands buried in my hair. My own hands roamed over his chest, settling above his heart. It was beating fast.

He stopped his attack, pressing his forehead onto mine, nudging my nose with his. "Justin."

"Yeah?" I locked my arms behind his neck.

He smiled softly. "I'm making sure this actually happened."

"Do you want me to pinch you?"

Brian narrowed his eyes, telling me with no words to not even dream of it. "Do you want me to spank you?" He threw back mockingly.

I grinned into his shoulder, tightening my arms around his neck. "You know I secretly love it."

"Secretly? I thought everyone knew what a kinky boy you are." His right hand travelled down the length of my body, and when I succumbed to the nice feeling, he gave me a sharp smack on my ass.

"Brian!" I twisted my head to see the white imprint of his hand on my red skin.

"You so love it!"

"Maybe so, but right now I'd like to feel you inside me. Fuck me hard against the wall. Make me scream your name."

"Christ," he muttered under his breath. A second later, I was facing the wall.

Instead of his fingers, I got his tongue in my ass. He held me still as he rimmed me slowly. I knew what rimming was in his book—hours upon hours of torture, before he fucked me so hard I saw stars. Sadly, we didn't have hours upon hours. We had a plane to catch in a few hours.

"Can you cut the teasing?" I begged, my eyes crossing in pleasure as his tongue technique brought me closer to the release I knew he'd deny me.

Thankfully, Brian pulled away. He kissed up my spine, inserting two fingers into me as his lips pressed to my ear. "You greedy little shit."

"We're on a tight…ah, schedule. Once we get there…oh, fuck…wherever you are taking me…you can take your sweet time."

I turned around when Brian reached for a condom. His hand wavered a little as if he wasn't sure he wanted the rubber. I watched confused as he opened it slowly, and smiled a self-satisfied smile as he rolled it on his dick. I was too horny to analyze his gestures, though.

Still smiling, he lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. Maintaining eye-contact, he pushed inside me.

Fuck.

I let out a loud moan, closing my eyes at the slight pain from the lack of proper preparation. It reminded me of my first time, and how Brian told me there was always some pain; it was part of the game.

"You were so hot that night."

I snapped my eyes open to stare at him in surprise. Did I say it out loud?

"You get this look on your face…whenever you think of our first time. You were thinking of that, weren't you?" He rocked our hips gently, pressing me further into the tile behind me.

I stroked his cheek. My heart grew tenfold when he leaned into my touch. "Using your mindreading power on little, defenseless JT?"

Brian laughed, burrowing his face into my neck. "You're anything but little and defenseless."

His arms held me tightly to his chest as he moved slowly in and out of me. The shower had been one of the places we had never made love, because frankly I had no idea we could do it there. Of course, Brian proved me wrong.

I ran my fingers through his dark, wet locks, tugging his head back so I could see his face better. The look of pure ecstasy that crossed his face made me almost forget what I wanted to say.

I had tried reminding him some time ago, but this was the perfect moment to bring it up.

"How much do you remember?" I asked, arching into him when he hit my prostate on a particularly hard thrust.

"The most important parts…the sex. Didn't we talk about this already?"

"Yes, we did."

"Why are you asking then? Now of all times?"

"You said something…I never told you." I smoothed my thumb over his creased brows. He eyed me warily. "Right after you came…you said…you actually growled it, but the actual words left your mouth. Little did I know, I'd have to wait four more years and almost die a couple of times to hear them again."

Brian froze. I was pretty sure he already knew what I was talking about.

"You told me you loved me, and you were smiling. I can't forget your face." I closed my eyes, going back to that beautiful moment.

His snort brought me back to present. "Course you can't forget my face—you see me every day."

He picked up speed, thrusting his tongue into my mouth. It was his way of shutting me up.

Fuck. Have I said too much?

Did he feel that way from the beginning? Did he like me back then?

It had always bugged me, and we never discussed it properly. But it wasn't the time or the place to discuss it. Though, I was curious.

My legs slipped when we came, and only Brian's weight was keeping my upright.

"It was the drug," Brian said softly, almost remorseful.

"You can't fool me. We're already married. I won't think less of you if you admit it was love at first sight for you too."

"We discussed this, Sunshine. It was lust at first sight. My dick chose you. I was done for that night, then you appeared in front of me."

"Oh, must have been fate." I laughed humorlessly, rolling my eyes. "You said the words, Brian. I heard them. You can't take that back."

"Must have slipped out. Seriously, I was so fucked up that night, I'm surprised I remember about our first time and meeting Gus."

"So you didn't mean it?" I could hear my voice breaking.

Sighing loudly, Brian pulled me out of the shower. He wrapped me in a towel and used a smaller one for my face and hair. "Falling for you was a long process, especially when I kept repelling all these new feelings. Then I almost lost you, and I realized how important you were to me."

I grinned, proud he admitted at least that part. "I always get what I want. Mom used to tell me I am too cunning."

"I wouldn't say cunning, but persistent works. I remember how your presence used to annoy the shit out of me, then one day that changed. You amused me. You were set to have me again. And you did."

"Now, I have you forever! " I wrapped my arms around him, peppering kisses on his strong jaw. "What am I going to do with you?"

"If I annoy you too much, you're allowed to push me out the window." Brian winked.

"No, that would be too easy. I'll have to annoy you right back."

"You wouldn't be the brat I fell in love with if you didn't."

His declaration was ruined by the ringing of the doorbell.

"That's Michael." Brian grabbed his bathrobe, slipping it on, on his way out.

Chapter End Notes:

Do you think Brian was aware of the words he said the first time? This is purely my imagination. I hope he (under the influence and all) meant them to some extent.