Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Father and son take Justin along with them on their adventure.  Justin finds out something surprising about Brian as they prepare for their inevitable separation.  

 

 

The Next Afternoon - Gatlinburg


Brian sighed; his edict to his son yesterday about only eating healthy foods during the rest of their vacation had promptly gone out the window today. Turned out, Justin had been right.  There were precious few choices in this tourist trap when it came to what would resemble wholesome food choices.  He had finally given up, resigned to trying to keep his energetic son from choosing anything that was pure sugar. Of course, it didn't help that every other shop on the main drag seemed to either be a candy shop, an ice cream store, or some hot dog and burger joint.

 

He was grateful, though, that Justin knew his way around the relatively small town, and steered them to a right at the fork in the road, taking them parallel to the main road and avoiding much of the traffic there.  He briefly protested against the $10 parking fee at one of the side lots, but Justin convinced him that it was the best alternative unless he wanted a long walk into town.  With a small boy who tended to get ahead of himself, that could have been disastrous with all the people cramped together.  So with gritted teeth, he paid the ungodly high amount, parking close to the ‘sky lift' that his son so fervently wanted to ride.

 

He peered down to study the slick brochure that he had picked up nearby, noticing the not-so-secure-looking metal chairs and the elevation of 1,800 feet to a place called "Ober Gatlinburg" at the other end that promised to provide one of the best views of the town, a fact that didn't sit too well (pun intended) with Brian, as he gazed anxiously upward at their ending destination.  The sets of yellow, metal chairs seemed to go on and on forever to him.

 

Gatlinburg sky lift

 

"Brian?"

 

He turned to look over at Justin and his son, who were standing next to the ticket booth.  Nodding, he walked closer to them as the woman gazed expectantly back at him. He swallowed.  "Three," he managed to say more calmly than he felt.  "Two adults and one child.  Uh..."  The woman looked at him as he asked, "How many can fit in one chair?"

 

The woman studied the two men and little boy before she stated, "It would be a tight squeeze, but if you wanted to all ride together, I think you would fit."

 

Brian nodded, relieved, as the three of them took their tickets and headed around the left-hand side toward the embarking area.  Just like with regular ski chairs, the yellow metal chairs continually wound slowly around a loop.  The attendant motioned for them to approach as Brian held tightly onto his son's hand.  A few seconds later, the three of them walked over and waited for the chair to arrive; a slight nudge from behind and they quickly sat down into the chair, Gus squealing in excitement as he sat between his father and Justin.

 

skylift beginning

 

His son's enthusiasm was contagious as Brian smiled over at Justin, the chair rocking slightly as it slowly ascended upward toward the mountain.  Brian's heart began to pound a little anxiously as he strove not to look down; that would only make his feelings of having no control over his situation even more pronounced. For a man who was used to always being confident and in charge, this was an unsettling feeling to him, and he did not like it.

 

Seemingly sensing that Brian was a little uncomfortable - and that he really hadn't been lying about being afraid of heights - Justin reached across Gus to link his left hand with Brian's right.  Brian gripped it tightly as his eyes locked onto Justin's gratefully; a slight nod and a soft smile were the only indications that Justin understood as Gus merrily swung his legs back and forth between them, not a care in the world.

 

Suddenly he shrieked in delight, making Brian jump slightly and tighten his grip even more.  "Look, Daddy!"  I see a bear down there!"  He pointed down toward his father's left side.  "And there's another one!  A baby!"

 

bear

 

Others nearby in some adjacent chairs hurriedly peered down where Gus was pointing, and began to murmur animatedly, whipping out their cameras or cellphones to snap a picture, while Brian swallowed hard.  If it hadn't been for his son, he would have never agreed to do this.  His stomach was churning, and he was afraid he might puke any minute.

 

"Daddy, why aren't you looking?" Gus asked curiously, as he noticed his father's eyes fixed, instead, on their destination ahead, which was slowly coming closer and closer into view.

 

"He wants to make sure we can get off the ride in time," Justin answered calmly, trying to sound casual.  He smiled over at Gus.  "Why don't you take some photos for US, Gus, and then you can show them to your father when we get off?"

 

Gus nodded in agreement as he reached inside his lightweight jacket and eagerly began to snap some photos.

 

Justin peered over at Brian, who was taking some deep breaths in an effort to calm himself, his face pallid in color.  He had never suffered from acrophobia, but he did have a fear of snakes - born from a long-ago encounter with a copperhead several years ago when he had almost been bitten by one at the age of six - so he had some idea what Brian must be going through at the moment.  He slowly rubbed his thumb across Brian's hand in support as the other man turned to stare over at him with a half-smile, his face sweaty.  Justin knew it wasn't due to the temperature, though.

 

"Almost there," Justin murmured as Gus nodded excitedly after putting his camera back into his pocket.  He was addressing Brian, though; trying to reassure him that his ordeal was almost over, as he continued to stare into his eyes and rub his hand reassuringly.

 

Finally the chair reached the docking station, and the three of them were able to disembark, Brian in record time.  He let out a huge breath of relief as he placed his hand on Gus's shoulder.  Letting out a deep breath, he looked around the large, flat, open space.  He wasn't really afraid of heights per se; but when he had nothing underneath him, it fucking terrified him.  "Ready to go check the view, Sonny Boy?" he asked eventually as Justin peered over at him curiously.

 

Gus nodded his head eagerly as he reached for his father's hand and began to pull him toward a series of pay-to-view magnifying stations located several feet away.  "Come on, Daddy!" he shouted.

 

binoculars

 

Brian could see the area without any obstruction, and was confident he could keep an eye on his rambunctious son, so he let go of his hand to reply, "Go on ahead, Sonny Boy. I'll be right there."  Gus nodded as he made a mad dash toward the viewing area that was protected by a railing.

 

Sure enough, Justin spoke up as soon as they were alone.  "Are you okay?  I guess you really weren't kidding, were you?"

 

"I'm fine," Brian told him as he stared out over the panoramic, mountain view. Now that they were back on solid ground, he could appreciate the amazing vista. It really WAS beautiful, with the mountain peaks kissed by wisps of the smokiness that resulted in their name.  The town of Gatlinburg was nestled far below now, and except for the occasional visitor who walked by them, it was quite peaceful up here.  He turned his attention back to his companion, who was eyeing him with dubious concern.

 

view

 

"Really. I'm fine, Justin.  I...I do have an issue when I'm up high and there's nothing below me for support.  It makes me feel out of control, and I just get this sort of...I don't know, it's hard to describe.  I know I don't like that feeling," he admitted as he glanced over at his son to keep an eye on him.

 

"Then why in the world did you do it?" Justin asked, knowing what Brian's answer would probably be before he said it.

 

Brian gazed over at his son, who was having a blast, before he replied simply, "Because of him."

 

Justin nodded just before they both heard a familiar voice trying to get their attention. "Daddy! Come and see!  I need some money so I can look!"  Gus - being the smart boy that he was - had already figured out that it took quarters to work the machines properly.

 

"I'll be right there, Sonny Boy!" Brian called out to him.  He turned to Justin.  "It's okay," he told him again, just to make sure he understood.  "And please don't say anything to Gus; I wouldn't want him to worry about me."

 

"What about the way back down?" Justin pointed out.

 

Brian smiled. "That's what I have you and Sonny Boy for.  You're the best antidote that I can think of."

 

Justin blushed as he nodded again, following Brian over to the lookout area to join Gus.

 



Early evening...


Justin watched in open-mouthed astonishment as Gus lined up his smaller-sized golf club and deftly sunk a six-foot putt into the hole of a pirate ship's round window.  Gus promptly jumped up and down in reaction.  "I did it! I did it!"

 

golf

 

"You sure did, Sonny Boy!" Brian praised him. He grinned over at Justin, who had a look of shock on his face.

 

"How...how does he do that?  How old IS he?"

 

The corner of Brian's mouth quirked upward.  "I should have warned you," he told him with a smile.  "Gus lives about a mile away from a putt-putt golf course back home, and he practices all the time with a toy version in his backyard.  He's better than most adults."

 

Justin groaned.  "NOW you tell me."

 

Brian laughed as he held the score pad and pencil out in front of him to study it.  "Well, that's a score of....13 for Gus, 11 for me.  And let's see...Tiger Woods over there has a total of 14 so far," he snickered.  "Your turn."

 

"Gee, thanks for keeping such an accurate accounting," Justin retorted with a heavy sigh.  "I never said I was any good at this," he lamented.

 

Brian's eyes twinkled as he handed the score pad and pencil to his son. "Here, Sonny Boy, you keep hold of this while I show our sports-challenged guest the proper stance for effective golf playing."

 

"I am not ‘sports challenged!'" Justin growled.  "I happen to be very good at sports.  Just not this sport."

 

"Okay, Daddy!" Gus replied, skipping gleefully over to the next hole.

 

"And stay where I can see you, Buddy," Brian added as Gus nodded.  Brian grinned as his son placed the pad and pencil down onto a low-slung brick wall, and sat down next to it, reaching over to place his hand under the spray of a fountain spewing from the mouth of a one-eyed pirate.

 

Satisfied that his son was where he could keep an eye on him, he walked over and stood behind Justin, deciding his lack of coordination could be put to good use. He had been dying all day to get up close and personal with the beautiful blond, and this was as good a time as any.  Sliding his arms around Justin's body, he clasped his hands over his, the other man's breath quickening in response.  "Grip the shaft here," he murmured.  "Put your feet slightly apart," he whispered in Justin's ear as he gently gave the left one a nudge with his leg to separate them a little more.  He was finding it extremely difficult at the moment, however, to concentrate with his cock brushing up against Justin's denim-clad ass, and he wondered briefly if this was such a good idea or not.   "Now keep your eye on the ball."  He cleared his throat.  "The ball down there," he clarified as Justin snorted.  He kept his hands cupped over Justin's as he told him, "Now pull your putter slightly back and keep it steady before you hit the ball."  He smirked.  "I always keep my eye on the hole when I'm aiming; that makes it a lot more...interesting."

 

Oh, my God, Justin groaned inwardlyBrian expected him to concentrate on playing putt-putt golf when he's holding him so tightly against his body, and gripping his large, warm hands over his?  Fuck, is he kidding?  He knows exactly what he's doing, too, Justin declared to himself.  Well, he could do this. He could concentrate on playing golf...not on Brian.  Couldn't he?  He nodded, taking a deep breath as he swung his locked arms back slightly, stared at the hole ten feet away, and prepared to take aim...just before Brian whispered in his ear again, and his focus was quickly shot to hell.

 

"I want to fuck you so badly right now," Brian growled, just as he made contact with the ball.  He heard Brian chuckle as the ball went widely astray and wound up landing on the green of the previous hole. Thankfully no one was currently playing that hole, but an older couple nearby couldn't help chortling over his outrageous shot.

 

Justin turned around to stare at him in a huff, his face red with embarrassment.  "You did that on purpose!" he cried out in indignation.  "You...you knew that would...distract me."

 

Brian grinned as he released Justin from his hold and held his hands out to his sides.  "I was just trying to help."

 

Justin tried to stay mad at him, but one look at the impish look on Brian's face, and he just couldn't do it.  He shook his head in exasperation as he stomped over to the previous hole, picked up his ball, and threw it onto the next green, watching in astonishment as it bounced a couple of times and promptly landed in the cup.  What the fuck?


Brian's mouth hung open in disbelief as Justin grinned back at him, walking over to his side.  "Well, that one's done," he announced as he swung his putter up jauntily over his left shoulder and turned to catch up with Gus, who was impatiently swinging his own club back and forth.  "Are you coming?" he asked innocently as he turned to look coyly over his shoulder.

 

"Apparently not anytime soon," he muttered to himself.

 

"Oh, and don't forget to mark me down with a 2 for that hole."

 

"But....Now wait just a minute! That....that wasn't....that's not in the rules..."  Justin raised his eyebrows as both he and Gus stared over at him expectantly.  Rolling his eyes, he hurried to catch up with them, knowing there was no possible way he was going to win this round - in more ways than one.

 

Taking the paper pad and pencil from his son, he grudgingly recorded a ‘2' for Justin's unorthodox play on the previous hole.  Justin smiled sweetly over at him as he shook his head in resignation.

 

"Your turn, Sonny Boy," he told his son as he gave Justin a look that said I'll pay you back for this later.  Justin merely laughed at his expression until Brian's scowl transformed into a grin.  As he watched his son and Justin playing, he couldn't help thinking that he could get used to this hokey type of entertainment.

 



Brian's rental chalet - 11:00 p.m.


Brian shook his head in disbelief as he gazed at the 5" X 7", sepia-tinted photo in front of him, showing himself, Justin, and Gus.  Somehow he had been talked into participating in a photo shoot down in town, dressing up in full Western attire, including a vest with a pocket watch, boots with spurs, and a rifle slung over his arm.  He couldn't help smiling at the look of seriousness on all their faces, though.  The photographer had told them they were lawmen, and that they were hunting bank robbers, so they were supposed to look like they meant business. Of course, as soon as the photo had been taken, and the photographer had given them the 'thumbs up' - indicating the photo was a good one - they had all cracked up.

 

He had to admit, though. Despite the gimmickry of it, Justin looked hot with his combed-down hair parted on one side, his dark-brown, silk vest that skimmed perfectly over his slim chest, and the denim jeans that curved in all the right spots.  And Gus was absolutely in heaven with his outfit, consisting of a miniature version of their own, complete with a toy pistol and a bag full of fake coins in his hand, as if he had busted the bank robbers and was returning the money to the townspeople.

 

He looked up as Justin walked over and sat down next to him on the couch, having excused himself a few minutes earlier to use the bathroom.  "I can't believe you talked me into this," he murmured as Justin grinned.  A thoroughly worn-out Gus was presently fast asleep in his bedroom down the hall, leaving both men alone for the time being.

 

"You mean it won't be going on display on your desk at work?" Justin teased, already sensing what the answer would be.

 

"Hell, no!" Brian replied as Justin laughed.  "I would never live this down.  I look like a cross between Buffalo Bill and that guy that always limped on Gunsmoke."

 

Justin leaned in to study the photo carefully.  "Well, I think it shows how devoted you are to your son," he told Brian softly as he placed his hand lightly on his wrist while he scrutinized the photo.  Brian turned to look at him as he added, "Thank you for having two copies of it made, by the way.  I'll treasure mine."

 

Brian smiled.  "You're welcome, pardner," he teased him as Justin grinned in reaction to his distinctive drawl.

 

His eyes bored into Brian's as he told him wistfully, "I...I really had a great time today with you and Gus."  He didn't want to think about how he would feel after they left.  For now, he only wanted to think about pleasant things.  He knew their time together was soon going to come to an end, though, and that still filled him with a sense of sadness and emptiness, even if it was premature.

 

Brian stared at him as he spoke, captivated.  What was this man doing to him? This was a brief vacation, an interlude before he had to return to the hustle and bustle of his hectic world in Pittsburgh.  He didn't belong here; this was like a foreign world to him, and he would never be happy in a tourist trap like this.  So why was he feeling a sense of loss already over having to leave?  He was afraid to really consider the reason why. But he DID know that when he looked into Justin's eyes, he felt something he had never felt before. It both excited him and scared him.

 

"The day's not over yet," he murmured huskily as he leaned in closer and his eyes drifted downward to study Justin's full mouth, almost salivating in anticipation.  He lifted his gaze just enough to stare into the blue orbs of his companion for acceptance, finding the same sort of desire reflected there, before he pressed his lips against Justin's for a kiss.

 

Brian's hands slid around Justin's waist as their kiss quickly deepened, pulling him closer; almost onto his lap.  He felt Justin's hands on his back a few seconds later, slowly gliding lazily up and down as their kiss deepened. Somehow he managed to twist their bodies so they were lying lengthwise on the couch as he pressed his full weight onto Justin's and set about devouring his mouth.

 

They eventually broke off to regain their breath as he pulled back slightly to stare into the deep blue, expressive eyes, hearing Justin's breathing coming out in short pants of desire.  Or was it his own?  He had never felt this turned on before with any man as he rose to support himself on his knees and reached down to begin unbuttoning Justin's shirt. He urgently needed to feel the warm skin he knew would be underneath that intrusive fabric.

 

Justin watched him silently as Brian quickly doffed his own shirt with dispatch first, throwing it down onto the floor in a neglected heap.  Justin's eyes were dark now with desire as Brian reached down to deftly undo his shirt and pull it apart, exposing his skin to the other man's hungry eyes.  He shivered then - he wasn't sure from the look on Brian's face, or the cool air in the room - as Brian placed his hands, palms down, on his chest and slowly glided them upward to settle over his nipples.  He gasped as the pads of Brian's fingers rubbed over the sensitive peaks, quickly making them hard and pebbly.

 

Unable to stand the sensual overload, Justin moaned loudly; it had been way too long since another man had touched him in this way, making him incredibly aroused, although he suspected it had more to do with who was touching him at the moment.  Even if Brian was a virtual stranger to him, he seemed to know every place where he was the most sensitive, his fingers driving him crazy as they swirled over and over around his nipples.

 

"Oh, God," he keened as Brian's hands traveled over to grasp his upper arms and he leaned down while still kneeling over him, his face inches from his as the vibrant, hazel eyes bored into his.

 

"Fuck, I have to have you," Brian growled as his eyes drifted to take in the smooth, unblemished skin of Justin's chest.  Licking his lips, he swooped down to give the younger man a bruising kiss, thoroughly swabbing the inside of his mouth before his lips blazed a scorching trail from Justin's jawline, down to his shoulders, and back toward his left nipple.

 

Justin's fingers dug into Brian's biceps and he arched off the couch as a wet, hot tongue took a swipe of his super-charged, sensitive flesh before Brian nipped the pebble with his teeth, smoothing the sting immediately afterward with another lick of his tongue.

 

Justin's hands began to do their own exploration as Brian continued to lap at first one nipple and then the other like a greedy cat, traveling upward to slide them across the brunet's lightly muscled back, marveling at how wonderful the hardness felt under his touch, before they slid further up Brian's body to come to rest on either side of his neck.  He squeezed his eyes shut tightly, drowning in the feelings Brian was engendering in him, as his breath quickened considerably.  His pants felt unbearably tight as his body's reaction to Brian's ministrations quickly escalated.  "Brian..." he moaned out.  "I'm going...I can't..."  He couldn't formulate anything even remotely intelligent presently; he was much too caught up in the moment.

 

Fortunately, though, Brian easily discerned what he was trying to say as he rose back up onto his knees, reaching down to pull Justin up as well as he stole another quick kiss from him.  "Bedroom, then - now!" he growled as he quickly slid off the couch and urgently tugged Justin upward to stand alongside him.

 

"But...Gus..."  God, Justin wanted this so badly!  But he also knew a certain, inquisitive little boy was only footsteps away, even though he was supposed to be asleep.

 

Brian groaned in disbelief; God, his dick was so hard and leaking right now. He had to have this man.  As much as he loved his son, at that moment he prayed Gus would stay asleep - he should, considering how worn out he had been when they had returned here to the chalet.  "He's asleep in his bed," he told Justin as he continued to grip his hand, feeling it trembling slightly under his touch.  "Justin...you want this, I know you do..."

 

Justin certainly couldn't deny that; even if his desire for his man wasn't so patently obvious, there was no way he could tell Brian otherwise.  "Yes," he admitted in a hoarse whisper, his lips still tingling from their kisses.  He glanced down the hall, noting that Gus's bedroom door was almost completely closed. Do they dare?  If Gus happened to awaken and discover them in his father's room, in the throes of a major fuck session, he would be embarrassed as hell.  But as his eyes drunk in the sight of the other man - and easily noted his own desire reflected back at him - he knew he had to take the chance. It would be their one and only opportunity to be together, and he just couldn't pass it up.  So he finally nodded.

 

That was all it took as Brian led the way toward his bedroom, taking care as they entered to close it almost all the way, but leaving it ajar just enough so that he would hear Gus should he call out for him.

 

No sooner were they in the room than Brian slammed Justin up against the nearby wall and smashed their lips together again, his tongue demanding entrance as he braced his hands, palms down, on either side of Justin's head.  Justin wildly reached out to hold himself steady as a wash of emotions erupted over him.  Somehow they made it over to the bed while they continued to kiss, Brian's hands skillfully unsnapping Justin's jeans and pulling the zipper down to yank them - and his briefs - down his legs in one, frantic movement.  Turning their positions around so Justin had his back to the bed, Brian broke off their kiss and took control, impatiently pushing his soon-to-be lover down onto the bed by the shoulders.

 

Justin barely had time to acknowledge that the bed was actually a waterbed, bouncing slightly on the dynamically moving mattress, before Brian pulled off his shoes, socks, and the rest of his clothing, leaving his cock jutting out proudly for his inspection.

 

Brian's eye's widened slightly as he surveyed the prize in front of him; Justin was amazing, both coming and going, even more than he had fantasized about.  Licking his lips hungrily, he quickly tugged off his own shoes and socks before pulling his jeans apart and sliding them and his briefs down his long legs, half-smiling smugly as he noticed the appreciative reaction he received from his companion.

 

Finally having the chance to see a fully-naked Brian, Justin sucked in a breath.  Holy shit, was the only thing he could formulate in his mind.  He had set out the other night to get laid, but this was way beyond his expectations. The man was...majestic.  Majestic and hot as hell.

 

He barely had time to indulge himself before Brian swooped down onto the queen-sized bed on all fours and straddled his body, his eyes staring intensively into his like some elegant, wild animal about to consume its prey - his willing prey.  Justin held his breath as Brian bent his legs at the knees and sat up to straddle his thighs, holding onto his waist with one hand as his other hand slid down his belly to rest in his thatch of curly pubic hair, his intentions crystal clear. Apparently someone wanted to indulge himself, too.

 

"Brian..." He tried to issue a warning - to tell him he wasn't going to be able to control himself much longer - but Brian seemed intent on tormenting him, albeit in a good way.  He shut his eyes and gasped, his hands fisting the sheets on either side of his body as Brian's hand curled around his cock, hard and throbbing, and he began to stroke it masterfully with his long, warm fingers.

 

"Ahhhhh," Justin moaned loudly, unable to stop himself.

 

"Shh...."  Afraid his son would hear them, Brian did the only thing he could think of to stifle Justin; he leaned down to devour his lips with his, his hand working his dick steadily and firmly as they kissed.  Rising up slightly, he stopped his hand's motions, long enough to reach over and procure a condom packet he had somehow had the foresight to snag from his jeans pocket, along with a small tube of lube, hurriedly tearing off the top of the paper to take the latex and slide it over his leaking shaft.

 

Leaning forward, he whispered, "Put your legs on my shoulders," as he gazed into the intense, blue eyes.  "I'm going to take you now on the most fucking exciting ride you've ever had," he promised, reaching for the small package of lube on the mattress and popping off the small top to open it.

 

"Wait," Justin told him breathlessly as he grabbed Brian's wrist to stop him.  He heard the brunet groan in frustration as he explained, "I...I just wanted to ask you to go a little easy on me.  It's...It's been a while," he added, a little embarrassed.  He figured a man like Brian probably had his constant share of willing participants; why would he want to bother with someone like him?


But to his surprise, Brian gazed down at him intently before he nodded in understanding. He would never realize how difficult it was for Brian to hold back that night, to not press in up to the hilt to feel the tight silkiness that enveloped him as he generously coated Justin's hole with the slippery gel and pressed slightly inside.

 

Brian sucked in a breath as he felt Justin's walls clamping down on his cock, surrounding his shaft like a perfectly-formed glove.  He had fucked more guys than he could count by this time.  But nothing had ever felt like this.  This was...all-encompassing and exhilarating, like the high he normally got on E or some other boutique drug.  He held onto the sides of Justin's slim waist as he slid in further, deeper, their eyes locking together.  "Justin...Fuck..."  The sensation was incredible.

 

"Brian," Justin breathed out in a strangled voice, his body tingling all over from the feeling of Brian's thick, long cock firmly embedded in him.  He held onto Brian's upper arms for dear life, feeling almost like he was drowning, as Brian stole another kiss from him.

 

"Move with me, Justin," Brian commanded quietly as he picked up his tempo, feeling Justin's hips rising to meet his thrusts perfectly.  "Okay?" he asked as he heard Justin moan loudly beneath him.

 

But it was a pleasurable sound, not a painful one, as Brian broke through Justin's discomfort and hit that spot that made his lover's body come alive with rapture, as he withdrew and then thrust back in again like a well-oiled machine, both men's voices growing in volume as their desire increased.  "Yessssss," Justin moaned in response to Brian's question, lost in a haze of desire.  "God, yes, right there," he cried out.  "Harder...Oh, fuck...."  His fingernails dug so tightly into Brian's biceps that he made the skin turn white; the feelings were almost too much to handle.

 

Brian was quickly losing control himself; despite his initial intention to take it slow, he couldn't help what was happening. It was all just too delicious, too all-consuming.  "Hold on," he growled as he did exactly as Justin asked, pressing in aggressively to the hilt and then pulling back out slightly, ramming almost violently back in as he grunted in exertion.  He knew somehow that this man could take it; that he wanted it as much as he did.

 

Faster and faster they moved, sweat pouring off both their bodies, as no one else and nothing else mattered or existed.  Time stood still, precious moments together they knew would be fleeting, as they danced the most sensual dance of all.

 

Brian could feel his body quickly tightening in the pending throes of passion, their twin moans echoing off the walls of the condo, as he reached down between them to stroke Justin's cock, wanting the younger man to join him in orgasm.

 

"Uhhhhh," Justin called out, biting his lip to keep from being too loud for fear Gus would hear them.  But it was hard, so hard, not to scream out the pleasure invading his body as Brian pounded into him now, and he hung on for dear life.

 

"That's it," Brian encouraged him as they picked up their pace even more, feeling his balls tightening and his entire body about to explode in passion.  "I'm...I'm..."  He accelerated his stroking of Justin's cock, his heart racing now and threatening to explode out of his chest, as he cried out one last time and his seed spilled copiously into the condom, just before hearing Justin call out his name one last time and shoot his come across his chest, coating him with the hot, sticky fluid.

 

Groaning one last time, Brian fell down onto the smaller body, covering him completely as they lay there, spent and sweaty, chests heaving from their coupling, and their hearts beating impossibly fast.  Brian could feel Justin's chest heaving up and down beneath him as both of them struggled to regain some semblance of normal breathing.

 

It was a while before Brian reluctantly pulled out and tied off the condom, slipping off the lithe body and onto his back as he dropped the condom onto the floor beside the bed, his hand dangling over the edge of the mattress as he lay there, exhausted.  This young man had nearly worn him out, and had met him parry for parry.  So much for being out of practice, he thought dryly, as he turned his head to peer over at his lover.  Finally regaining the power of speech, all he could muster was one, breathy word: "Wow."

 

Justin turned his head to peer over at him, his blond hair plastered to his forehead and his body glistening still with sweat from their exertion.  "Yeah..."  He knew it had been some time since he had had sex with another man, but it still didn't explain what had just happened between them.  It was...cosmic on a grand scale.  He had no idea what was transpiring here...but fuck, he liked it.  A lot.

 

Impetuously, he reached out his hand to clasp Brian's between them as the two of them continued to lie on their backs, trying to come down from their coupling.  Finally, with one, last deep breath, Brian murmured, "I'll be right back," and he slipped out of bed, Justin admiring Brian's retreating form as the brunet walked into the attached bathroom, returning in a minute with a warm hand towel, which he used to wipe Justin and himself off with surprising gentleness.  Throwing the towel down into a trashcan by the bed, he turned onto his side as both men instinctively gravitated toward each other, Brian pulling Justin into his arms to cradle him against his body, marveling at how well they fit together.

 

Brian thought initially that Justin had fallen asleep, until he heard him whisper against his chest, "Your son must have been really worn out tonight."  Thankfully, Gus had slept through their whole event.

 

Brian chuckled as he pulled back to stare into Justin's eyes.  "Yeah, I think he was.  Good thing, too, because you could have awakened the dead earlier."

 

Justin huffed indignantly as Brian pulled his lips under playfully.  "I seem to recall you joining right in," he told him as Brian grinned back at him.  "I wasn't the only one."

 

Brian smiled at him.  "No, I guess you weren't," he agreed congenially.  He leaned in to kiss Justin briefly as he stared into his eyes, his expression turning more solemn.  "I have to go back home tomorrow," he told him, the reluctance obvious in his voice.  Justin wasn't the only one who was going to dread tomorrow.

 

"I know," Justin whispered back to him, his face reflecting his sadness.  "When do you have to leave?"

 

"I have to return the rental car to the Knoxville Airport at ten," he told him as Justin's heart fell. He had hoped they could spend at least part of the day tomorrow together.  But he realized that would be impossible.  He nodded, trying hard not to show the bitter disappointment on his face.  He had grown quite fond of both Brian AND his son in the short time he had known them.  He couldn't really explain it exactly; but he knew the thought of never seeing them again - and returning to his mundane life here - seemed terribly lonely now.

 

"What time do you have to work tomorrow?" Brian asked him quietly, secretly hoping that they could somehow eke just a bit more time together out of their remaining hours before he and Gus had to leave.

 

But he watched as Justin's face dropped as he replied, "I have to go in for breakfast shift tomorrow.   I have to be there by 8."  He reached over with his free hand to lay it against Brian's cheek.  "You...you won't ever be coming back here...will you?  I'll never see you again."

 

 Brian wanted desperately to lie to him, to tell him that they WOULD see each other again, but he couldn't. The odds that he would ever return here were very small. He lived too far away, and his life was much too busy in his home town, to really contemplate returning. And even if Gus DID want to come back some day, he figured it would be a long time before that happened.  His son was constantly wanting to explore places he had never seen; soon, this place would just be a distant memory to him, and he would be trying to cajole his father into going somewhere new to investigate on their next adventure together.  So he did the only honorable thing he thought he could do, the thing he felt that he owed Justin:  he told him the truth, unvarnished and straightforward.

 

He shook his head.  "No...I probably won't," he told him simply as Justin nodded, his heart breaking at the thought.  He didn't realize that Brian was feeling much the same way, although he was too proud to admit it.

 

Pulling Justin closer to his body, he whispered, "Get some sleep."  He felt Justin nod his head against him, feeling his regular breathing several seconds later, indicating he had, indeed, fallen asleep. It would be several more minutes, however, before Brian could join him, his mind swirling with too many questions, and his heart heavy with too much regret and ‘what could have beens' to allow him to sleep.

 

The next morning - when the sun's rays began to warm his face, causing his eyes to flutter open with the first moments of consciousness - he didn't need but a second to realize that Justin had already left, the bed feeling decidedly cold and alien to him in the garish, morning light that seemed to mock him.  Sighing heavily, he forced himself out of bed and shuffled off to the bathroom, turning on the shower to begin his day that would culminate in him and his son returning back to the world where he truly belonged - a world that would be devoid of a certain person in his life that he hadn't even known before, but now couldn't imagine being without.

 

As he heard his son calling out to him upon exiting the shower a few minutes later, however, he knew for his sake he had to try.  First, though, there was one more thing he had to do.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Thank you for reading!  It is much appreciated. Hope you continue to enjoy it. More in a couple of days.;)