Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian takes his boys on a ride - but what sort of 'ride' will it be? 

 

Saturday Morning - 9:30 a.m.

 

Brian put two fingers over his lips as his son softly giggled beside him, both of them poking their heads through the bedroom door panels to observe a mound of covers piled high on the right side of his father's bed. The ‘mound' was motionless, but Brian had already told his son what was underneath it, and Gus couldn't wait to find out for himself.

 

Holding his hand, Brian counted out 1, then 2...then, on the count of 3, Gus went rushing into his father's bedroom, flying on top of the mattress like he was Superman reincarnated - smack dab in the middle of the ‘mound.'  "Wake up, Justin!" he shrieked before giggling again when the covers began to move like a giant, ocean wave. 

 

"Wha....?"  Justin shot up from the bed into a sitting position, flinging Gus off him like he was a giant gnat; the little boy managed to hold onto the side of the bed to keep from falling, but began to squeal as Justin threw the covers back and tackled him, tickling him briefly and laughing before he flopped back down onto the bed next to him.

 

He turned his head to peer over at the mischievous boy who was sitting cross-legged next to him; for once, he noticed Gus wasn't wearing the wooden train whistle around his neck - thankfully, or he might have been slapped in the face with it just now.  "When did YOU get here?" he asked in amusement, still trying to become fully awake.

 

"A little while ago. Daddy told me it was my job to come and wake you up, so I did," he announced.

 

Justin slid up to brace his back against the headboard as he peered over at Brian; his lover was leaning against the door panels with an amused look on his face.  "Oh, he did, did he?"  Brian grinned back at him in reaction.

 

Gus nodded.  "Yeah...he said you needed to take a shower, and get ready." 

 

Justin glanced over at Brian quizzically as he replied, "Get ready for what?"

 

"It's a secret," Gus told him with a smile.  He began to bounce up and down on the bed while still in a seated position as he said, "Hurry up and get dressed!  Daddy said we'll pick you up something to eat on the way!" 

 

Justin smoothed his hair down, giving his head a brief scratch as he replied, "On the way to where?"

 

"Can't tell!" Gus insisted.  He clutched Justin's wrist and began to tug him toward the edge of the bed, sliding off to stand next to it.  "Come on, Justin!  Or we'll have to leave you here, and Daddy says he needs your ‘pin-yun.'"  He frowned as he noticed Justin's dress - or lack thereof.  "What happened to all your clothes?"

 

Brian covered his mouth with his hand to keep the smile from showing as Justin turned beet red and snatched the sheet off the bed to wrap it around his waist.  "Uh...I guess they must have slipped off during the night," was the only reply he could think of.

 

Brian chuckled as he walked into the room.  "We'll have to make sure you wear tighter clothes the next time you come to visit, Justin," he teased as he walked over and pecked him on the cheek, earning a scowl from his lover.  Gus peered up into his father's face curiously. 

 

"He doesn't look too dirty, Daddy," Gus commented as he looked Justin up and down.  "Just a little messy.  Are you sure he needs a shower?"

 

Justin's mouth hung open as Brian leered at him; even with the makeshift outfit he was wearing, he still felt totally naked in light of the ogling his lover was directing his way.

 

"Oh, he's really dirty, Gus," Brian assured his son with a smirk.  "Why don't you go drink the rest of your chocolate milk, and find your cap and whistle, and we'll be right there, okay?  Just give us a few minutes so I can get him cleaned up."

 

Gus nodded, thinking that his daddy and Justin always seemed very concerned about being clean all the time.  It seemed like every time he came to visit, they were taking showers.  "Okay, Daddy. But hurry up; I want to go!"

 

Brian laughed as he reached over to tousle his son's hair.  "Don't worry, Sonny Boy.  Justin and I will take a shower together to conserve water, and save some time.  You go sit down and watch a little TV, and we'll be out real soon; I promise." 

 

Justin snickered in reaction as Brian arched an eyebrow at him, waiting until Gus had nodded his head and turned to head out of the bedroom before he pulled his lover into his arms.  "What's so funny, Taylor?  Didn't you hear there's a water shortage here in the Pitts?"

 

"No, I can't say that I have," Justin responded with a grin as he slid his arms around Brian's waist and peered up into his twinkling eyes. 

 

"Well, that's because you haven't lived here long enough, then," Brian declared.  "Or had the right incentive for conservation." 

 

Justin smiled.  "That must be it," he decided.  He furrowed his brow.  "Just where ARE we going, Brian?  Gus seems really excited about it.  Another train ride?"

 

"Well, it's a ride," Brian admitted mysteriously.  "But you're going to have to wait to find out where we're going."  Justin groaned in frustration as Brian glanced out the doorway to make sure Gus wasn't nearby; reaching down, he quickly pulled the sheet away from his lover's body, noticing his dick was already ‘locked and loaded' for action.  He smirked.  "Come on; time's wasting."  He pulled Justin urgently toward the bathroom, grabbing a couple pairs of his briefs along the way from his dresser's top drawer.  They would have to do until Justin could go and gather the rest of his things from his dorm room.

 

"You think I'm going to fit into those?"

 

Brian grinned as the two of them made it to the shower with quick dispatch and he closed the door behind them to lock it.  "Well, you might have to grow into them," he teased.  "But they'll do for now." 

 

Justin rolled his eyes, taking a moment to admire his partner's lean form as Brian hurried to discard his loose sleep pants; he noticed he had nothing else on underneath. He arched one eyebrow upward.

 

"See how dressed YOU are when company shows up unexpectedly at 8 in the morning," Brian explained.

 

"I already did, remember?"

 

Brian snorted.  "Poor man - only allowed to sleep in until mid-morning.  I can see you're going to be a challenge getting up in time each morning to go to work." 

 

"Well, I guess that depends on the encouragement I get," was the saucy reply, before Justin turned more serious. "You're not having second thoughts already, are you?  About me moving in, I mean? I haven't given up the dorm room yet."  For someone who had resisted the idea for a while, Justin suddenly was feeling a little unsure of himself. 

 

The feeling didn't last long, however, as Brian growled and pushed their bodies together, making Justin gasp.  "Not on your life, Taylor!  I'm not giving up my perks."

 

Justin laughed.  "I thought that was supposed to be MY line.  Well, I'm not giving up MY perks, either...Boss." 

 

Brian grinned, his heart quickening as he stared into the vibrant, blue eyes.  "Why does that sound kind of kinky?" he quipped.  "It never sounds that way when Cynthia says it."

 

"Cynthia?"

 

"My executive assistant," he explained as he turned Justin in his arms and pushed him gently toward the shower stall door.  "I'll introduce you later," he stated as he reached around Justin to turn the shower on.  Giving him a short smack on his butt, he propelled Justin inside and closed the door, the water beginning to fall down gently over them.  As he turned Justin in his arms and looked into his face, he smiled.  "I think I'm going to enjoy this water conservation."  Taking the nylon sponge, he reached to grab his bottle of Armani body soap and poured some into the middle, lathering it before slowly gliding it over Justin's skin.  He watched, fascinated, as the suds slowly ran down his lover's shoulder and chest, settling in the crease between his thighs.  His cock - hard and pink - was beckoning tantalizingly to him, and he couldn't resist reaching down with his other hand to begin stroking it languidly, receiving a guttural moan from his lover as a reward.

 

"Fuck, that feels soooo good," Justin virtually purred, as he closed his eyes and threw his head back, feeling the water pouring over his scalp and running down his face. He reached out blindly, locating the strong, sinewy muscles of Brian's upper arms as he held onto them tightly, feeling his legs turning to jelly as Brian continued to stroke him.  "Brian..."

 

Brian was absolutely mesmerized by his lover's reaction to his touch, and the sounds escaping his lips.  He smiled as he continued to stimulate his partner with both hands - his left hand continuing to pump his cock, while his right glided the sponge slowly over one erect nipple, and then the other.  "You are so fucking sexy," he murmured, feeling Justin's shaft throbbing under his skillful touch.  He felt there was nothing so beautiful or quite a turn on as Justin in full arousal mode.

 

Justin moaned loudly, oblivious at the moment as to whether Gus could hear them or not; he was much too overcome with desire to notice.  "Brian...God, take me," he begged as Brian swooped in to kiss his full lips, the water providing an additional component to their lovemaking as it ran down both their faces while they deepened the kiss.  Breaking off the kiss several seconds later, he heard Justin whimper in disappointment as he stopped stroking him, knowing if he didn't his lover would come before he wanted him to.  Grasping his upper arms, he softly demanded, "Justin, look at me." 

 

Lust-filled blue eyes slowly fluttered open as Justin stared into Brian's face.  He thought Brian looked glorious soaking wet, with his hair plastered to his head and the droplets of water trickling down from his eyelashes to his lips - the lips that had just ravaged his so thoroughly that his own were still stinging from the contact.  He blinked slowly as Brian gazed intensely back at him in response; his eyes never left his as he watched his lover reach over and pluck a condom package from the built-in shelf on the wall, taking a moment to tear the package with his teeth and throw the discarded material down onto the shower floor. 

 

"Fuck, I want you so badly," Brian growled as he hurriedly slid the condom over his fully-erect shaft; Justin gasped as he abruptly pushed his back against the tiled, shower wall, and gripped his ass to lift him up, Justin's legs instinctively coming to wrap themselves around his waist. They had never fucked in this manner before, but the way Brian was holding him so tightly against the wall provided enough support for him to stay upright; that, and the firm hold he had around Brian's torso as he linked his ankles together for additional support.

 

"I'm taking you on a ride you'll never fucking forget, Picasso," Brian warned him, his voice low and husky with need.  His hands still soapy, he took a moment to finger his lover, apparently taking too long, however, as Justin growled, "Fuck it, Brian! Do it!"

 

Brian leered at him, his own cock throbbing with need.  "Such an impatient man to be my newest employee," he murmured, his expression turning more serious as he stared into Justin's dilated, darkened eyes before he began to assault him on two fronts:  his lips and tongue commenced to devour his mouth, while Brian's cock slipped inside the tight hole.

 

Justin groaned into the kiss as his body went into overdrive from the sensual onslaught.  Being kissed and fucked at the same time was almost too much for him to handle.  But as Brian slid back out slightly and then rammed back in, they began a steady, deep rhythm that caused him to cry out in ecstasy.  From the angle of his body, Brian was able to expertly hit his sweet spot each time, causing him to moan loudly; Brian had to continue kissing him to slightly muffle the vocal sounds as he continued to pound into him relentlessly, able to tell by Justin's constant grunts, moans, and breathy sounds that he was enjoying him being a little rough today. 

 

Tightly gripping Brian's shoulders for support, it didn't take long for Justin's body to tense up, signaling his impending orgasm, as Brian continued to thrust in and out of him; his back was sliding slightly upwards against the slippery shower wall in time with Brian's fucking.  "Br...Brian...I...I'm...Aaahhhh!" He cried out loudly against Brian's mouth as his body climaxed, his come spurting copiously out of his hole and coating the two of them. The spray from the shower, now lukewarm, slowly washed the remnants away as Justin clenched his muscles around Brian's cock, causing his lover to follow soon afterward. 

 

Feeling his dick softening, Brian slowly pulled Justin away from the shower wall, allowing him to drop his legs back down onto the tiled floor; if not for him wrapping his arms around Justin's waist, however, his lover would have quickly sunk into a spineless heap onto the hard surface below until his legs stopped quivering.  Briefly letting go of him long enough to tie off the condom and throw it down onto the shower floor, he pulled him once more into his embrace.

 

Brian's strong arms held him gently but firmly as Justin placed his head against his chest and he felt their twin hearts beating rapidly as one.  They stood that way together for a few more minutes, the water continuing to rain down on them, until Brian pressed his forehead against his lover's and murmured huskily, "That was some shower."  The water by now was barely tepid as he gave Justin one last, lingering kiss before adding, "Come on; we'd better get going." 

 

Justin nodded as the two men exited the shower stall, Brian passing a large, plush towel over to him as the two of them dried off.  Fifteen minutes later, they were fully dressed and ready to go, finding a rather impatient Gus waiting for them on the living room couch.

 

Brian's son promptly shut off the television and turned to face them, his hands on his hips in exasperation.  "Justin must have been very dirty," he commented, "...because you took forever!" 

 

Justin blushed a bright red as Brian grinned.  "He was pretty dirty, Sonny Boy."  He stared over at Justin, enjoying his discomfiture as he added, "...But he's all cleaned up now."

 

Gus nodded.  "Can we go now?  How many are we going to see, Daddy?"

 

"As many as it takes until we find one you like," his father answered mysteriously.  He smiled broadly at Justin, noting the confused look on his face, as he revealed, "It's a secret between Sonny Boy and me.  Right, Gus?" Gus nodded his head vigorously and giggled, walking over to grab Justin's hand. 

 

"Come on, Justin! You have to come with us! Daddy says you get to help choose, too."  He began to pull Justin impatiently toward the door as Brian laughed. 

 

Justin merely shook his head in resignation as Brian followed them to the door, knowing for now, at least, he wasn't going to get anything else out of either of the Kinney ‘men.' 

 


 

Fifteen minutes later, the three of them headed out onto the main highway, electing to travel in Justin's sedan which allowed more room for Gus in the backseat.  Justin, however, still had no idea where they were going.

 

"Don't you think I deserve to know where we're heading, since we're using my car to get there?" he finally asked when he couldn't stand it anymore. 

 

"We're going to..." Gus began to speak as Justin's pulse quickened at the thought of finally knowing their destination.  He groaned, however, as Brian give his son ‘the eye' from the rearview mirror, and he promptly shut his mouth again.  "Oh.  I can't tell you. It's a secret!" he finally said with a giggle as Justin huffed in frustration.

 

"I could claim kidnapping," he warned them.  "Being held against my will."  Brian snickered as he glared over at his lover.  He turned around in his seat to look at Gus and smiled.  "Gus...we're buddies, right?"  Gus smiled as he nodded his head firmly.  "If you tell me where we're going, I'll make sure we stop at the next ice cream store, and buy you a big, fat, hot fudge sundae." 

 

"And how are you going to do that when I'm driving, Picasso?" Brian reminded him.  "Nice try."

 

"But Daddy, I want an ice cream sundae!" Gus protested from the backseat.  He loved sundaes with gooey chocolate fudge sauce, nuts, two cherries, and lots and lots of whipped cream.  It seemed like a small price to pay to reveal his secret. 

 

"Gus..."  Brian sighed as he peered over at his companion; he supposed they had left Justin in the dark long enough.  "You don't play fair, Taylor; you know how much Gus loves sundaes," he replied as Justin smiled sweetly back at him.   He shook his head in defeat.  It wasn't as if he wasn't going to find out soon enough, anyway.  "Okay. If you must know, we're meeting someone." 

 

"Oh, that clears it up," was the sarcastic reply.  "Now I can die happy."

 

Gus frowned at that statement.  Was Justin going to die?  His eyes began to fill with worry. He didn't exactly know where people went when they died, but when his goldfish died they had put him in a shoebox and had dug a hole to bury him in the ground, and he had never seen him again. It had made him very sad, and the thought of Justin dying filled him with extreme sadness.  Why would it make Justin happy, then?  "Are you going to heaven?"

 

Justin frowned as he glanced over at Brian, before he realized what he had said.  "Oh, no, Gus!" he hastily reassured him as he turned around to look at him, feeling guilty when he noticed Gus's sorrowful expression.  "I didn't mean I was going to die.  It's just an expression.  I was kidding...okay?  I'm fine."  He smiled at him in reassurance.

 

"You are?"

 

Justin nodded, his own eyes a little moist. To think that this little boy thought that much of him made him inordinately happy inside for some reason.  It also reminded him of his sister, who he missed dearly, and Daphne.  He swallowed the lump in his throat.  "I'm...fine."  Gus nodded back at him, apparently satisfied, but the hesitation and change in his voice did not go unnoticed by Brian.

 

"Justin..."  He waited until his companion turned to look at him before he continued.  "Gus, I think it's time for us to tell him where we're going," he addressed his son.  But his eyes were on his lover as he told him, "We're meeting a real estate agent in town." 

 

Justin's mouth dropped open; that was the last thing he had been expecting.  "A real estate agent?  What for?"

 

Brian's eyes returned to the road as they continued toward the main part of town.  "I promised my son that I would find him a place where he could have a proper backyard to play in - and I want him to have his own bedroom."  Separate from us, was the unspoken thought.  At least that's what Justin surmised as he listened to Brian's revelation.  "So I thought I would make good on that promise.  And since he was going to be here today and I wanted his input, I thought today would be a good day to do that."  Brian paused, his eyes still looking ahead as he added, "...And I would like yours as well."  He thought better of revealing too much of himself and his emotions, so he added as an afterthought, "Nothing like an artist to give you a better understanding of a home's potential." 

 

Justin nodded.  Yeah...Right... He wasn't buying that for one second. Well, not JUST that. He knew that including him was more than just a matter of practicality.  He was trying not to read too much into it, but the fact that Brian was including HIM in such an important decision meant more to him than he could say.  "Well, I'll do my best to look beyond any tacky wallpaper and look at the artistic possibilities, then," he answered in kind.

 

Brian glanced over at him long enough to nod and smile before turning his attention back to the road.  Justin understood, he decided.  He knew his lover was a very perceptive and intelligent man.  He had to know this was a huge step for him.  Not so much because he was moving out of his loft - which had represented more of an independent, noncommittal lifestyle for him - but because he was taking a monumental step to include not only his son more in his life, but Justin as well.  There would be no turning back now; not if he went through with his intention. And he was planning on it. Before the day was through, he was hoping he would find the house that would represent his - and his son's and Justin's - future. 

 


 

Four Hours Later...

 

Justin shook his head.  He was beginning to equate Brian with a reincarnation of Goldilocks.  So far, the real estate agent - a tall, gregarious, loud talking but well-intentioned, platinum blonde who was one of the top agents in town - had squired them around to eight different houses in various, well-established parts of the city's suburbs, and Brian had found fault with all of them. Some were too small, some were too close to the other neighbors, some had backyards that would be difficult to mow due to their terrain, some did not have proper, top-of-the-line appliances, or - the one that made Justin blush profusely - one did not have a large enough shower to hold more than one person.  He felt his face warm as he remembered the agent peering over at him with an amused look on her face after Brian had mentioned that.  Brian had just shrugged at the time, explaining that he also would like a hot tub on the back porch.  That statement probably did not need any further explanation, either, but Justin could have sworn Brian flashed a brief smirk at him before he plastered his ‘game face' back on and turned his attention back to the real estate agent, who nodded before telling him they would continue looking. 

 

Gus, on the other hand, was having a blast viewing the different properties, and had found several sandboxes, slides, swing sets, and other playground equipment to enjoy, in addition to hunting for salamanders in a creek that had abutted one of the properties' rear yards. He was having a ball, and didn't seem to care WHICH house they chose, as long as he could get outside and do some exploring to work off some of his ever-present, excess energy. It had taken all of Brian's forcefulness as a parent to keep his son from trying out a built-in swimming pool they had viewed and a trampoline.  Despite his son's profound disappointment, he had stuck to his guns and had told him, instead, that he would make sure both those items were included in the new home that they chose.  That, at least, seemed to temporarily appease him.

 

Now, as they stood next to Justin's car after yet another reject, the woman turned to her client to admit, "I'm running out of options, Mr. Kinney. At least here in the city proper."

 

Brian frowned.  "City proper?" 

 

She nodded.  "Based on your preferences, this is the last possibility I have found for you. The only option at this point would be to either lower your expectations somewhat...or perhaps consider a home a little farther away."

 

"How farther away?" Brian inquired.  Now that he had finally decided to find the proper home for his beloved Sonny Boy, he wasn't about to lower his standards. 

 

"Well...I do have some other listings that are all within a 30-minute drive.  But some are outside the city limits. And one that I think you might possibly be interested in isn't even in the state."

 

Brian kept a close glance on his son, who was presently hopping up and down from the sidewalk curb to the street, as he frowned back at her in confusion.  "Not even in the state?  How could I commute to work like that?"

 

She smiled.  "I mean West Virginia.  This listing is within your time parameters - it's only about 25 minutes away, give or take a few minutes."

 

Brian grimaced; thinking of West Virginia - right or wrong - as decidedly way too...provincial.  "I don't know about that one...but I am not against looking at some other properties that are a little farther out, as long as they are a reasonable commuting time away."  He was willing to put up with the additional aggravation of driving into and out of town, as long as he could find the perfect place for his son - and it allowed him and Justin some ‘perks,' too.  For a moment, he stopped to marvel at how he had even gotten to this point.  Not so long ago, he would have been quite content to stay exactly where he was at the loft. Well, perhaps that wasn't exactly true. He knew how his son longed for a place with a proper backyard to play in. But until Justin had come along, he would have never thought about thinking of sharing his residence with a lover, a partner.  He peered over then at the man in question, watching as Justin mimicked his son's actions, hopping up and down on one foot and then the other from the sidewalk to the street, both of them giggling in reaction, and his heart skipped a beat.  He smiled.  "Sonny Boy!" he called over to his son.  "You, too, little kid!" he teased Justin, who stuck his tongue out at him.  "We have some more to see; let's go!"

 

Gus grabbed Justin's hand and skipped merrily over to the car in glee; he was having so much fun exploring each location.  "Yay!" he exclaimed as he rushed over, promptly opened up the back car door, and hopped in, wasting no time sitting on the booster seat.

 

Brian laughed.  "I think that's a new record for getting into a car, even for him.  I just needed the right enticement, I guess."  He grinned at Justin as he held his hand out toward the real estate agent to indicate he was ready; she had graciously offered to sit in the back with his son.  Glancing down at her phone, she nodded.  "The next one's about ten minutes from here," she indicated as she opened the rear passenger door and slid inside.  "It has a lot of the amenities you are looking for," she told Brian, who opened the driver's side door and slid behind the wheel, Justin soon joining him in the front.

 

Brian nodded.  "Let's go check it out, then."  He hadn't realized until today how tiring it could be, merely going house hunting. But when he made up his mind to do something, there was no stopping him, and he was determined before the day was through he WOULD find his two boys a proper house.  No, scratch that, he decided, a proper HOME

 


 

Late Afternoon...

 

Brian glanced in the rearview mirror after realizing his normally rambunctious son had been silent for the past few minutes. Just as he had suspected, his child had finally succumbed to the day's events, and was now fast asleep.  He smiled fondly at him.  The car always did have a soothing effect on his child eventually, but it still took quite a bit before Gus would let sleep overtake him.  He apparently wasn't the only one who was getting weary of looking at umpteenth possibilities, and not finding the one he wanted.  Perhaps he was being too much of a perfectionist; but this would be his first home - their first home - and he wanted it to be the right one.  He wasn't sure he bought into the idea that when he saw the perfect house, he would know it. But so far none of them had felt right to him. 

 

"How many are left?" he called out softly to the woman who had patiently been leading them through the various back roads of greater Pittsburgh as they drove away from yet another reject.

 

She sighed.  "That is all I have here in the suburban area," she conceded.  "With the exception of the one I mentioned earlier that's in West Virginia." 

 

Brian brushed his left hand through his hair as he peered over at Justin. His lover had been uncharacteristically subdued during most of the house inspections, when he would normally be very outspoken about his likes and dislikes.  It was important to him that Justin feel comfortable with his choice as well.  "What do you think?" he asked unexpectedly.  "Should we go look at it?"

 

Justin stared over at him in undisguised surprise.  HE wasn't going to be paying for a house; hell, he could barely sustain himself on what he had, even WITH the grant.  But as Brian peered over at him with a serious expression on his face, he realized that he truly wanted his opinion.  It made him feel both honored as well as humbled.  "Well...we're already out driving around...and she said it wasn't that far away..."

 

Sheila Perkins, the real estate agent, nodded.  "From here it would only be about twenty minutes," she verified, keeping her voice low so she did not disturb her slumbering co-passenger in the backseat.  "It's an amazing home," she told them with a smile.  "Well worth the tour, even if you decide you're not interested."

 

Well, that intrigued Brian sufficiently enough that he made his decision; that, and Justin's comments regarding it.  "Okay...give me the directions."

 


 

True to her word, about twenty minutes later, the real estate agent directed Brian to turn right from the main road, onto a narrower, private, paved road; only the ‘For Sale' sign stuck at the corner - and a sign post announcing they were turning onto a street by the name of Broderick Avenue - gave any indication as to their whereabouts.  The houses on this road - a no-outlet street as indicated by the sign at the beginning of it - were spaced quite a ways apart from each other, and the land was gently rolling and heavily wooded.  Many of the homes they passed were fully hidden from the street, providing little clue as to the home they would be inspecting.

 

"What sort of home is this?" Brian finally asked as she advised him it would be at the very end of the street.

 

She smiled.  "It's a Tudor with an interesting history. It was built back in the 1880's, and is on the National Register of Historic Places.  It started out as a grand, private residence, but when the owner died in the 1930's it was willed to the local Jesuit priests, who used it as a seminary until they fell into some financial difficulty, and decided to liquidate it."  She glanced down at some papers in her hand as she added, "It's been on the market for over a year now, so I think the buyers would be quite receptive to an offer."

 

Brian exchanged a look with Justin before addressing the real estate agent.  "You said it used to be a seminary for priests?  How large IS this place?"  He couldn't help thinking how ironic it would be to wind up living in such a place; what a big ‘fuck you' it would be to his mother!

 

"It's not as large as it might sound," Sheila assured him.  "Don't get me wrong; it's quite impressive. But at its peak, it only housed a small group of priests; perhaps a dozen or so. However, they also used it for periodic retreats as well as for visitors on the weekends."  She sighed wistfully, as if she were being deprived of something special that was out of her grasp, which - considering the price - probably was.  "The grounds are just magnificent." She peered over at her client's little boy and added, "Your little boy would love it."  She leaned toward the front seat as she instructed Brian, "over there...on the right where the iron gate is, next to the bushes." 

 

Brian nodded as he slowed down, and as he turned into the open driveway and steered the car past a patch of bushes, he and Justin were able to obtain their first glimpse of the house.  He heard Justin gasp as his own eyes widened in astonishment. This was no mere ‘house' where an overactive boy could work off some excess energy; this was a fucking mansion.  The semi-circular drive provided an unobstructed view of the Tudor home. Its setting at the top of a sloping hill was the perfect vista to show off its ‘bones,' and it was impressive indeed.  An attached, matching garage to the right of the home indicated room for three vehicles, and what appeared to be grove of apple trees shaded the entire right side.  Large, mature, hardwood trees were sprinkled throughout the property, and the grounds were immaculately manicured.  It was an artist's painting come to life, and Justin, especially, was overwhelmed.

 

"Oh, my God, it's...it's stunning," he murmured in appreciation.  "Brian..."

 

Brian smiled at his reaction as Sheila commented from the back, "If you think the outside is amazing, wait until you see the inside - and the rear yard.  It's a little boy's dream playground - and a big boys', too," she informed them.  "Has pretty much every amenity you could think of, inside and outside.  The priests - shall we say - were quite intent on nothing but the best quality for their residence." 

 

Brian was only half-listening as he pulled up to the main entrance of the home and turned his head to gape at the home's grandeur.  This was out in the boonies in West Virginia?  He would have never envisioned something like this out in a rural setting.  But it was by and far the most impressive home they had encountered today. 

 

As he stopped the car and turned off the motor, as if by magic his sleepy son began to awaken; Gus rubbed his eyes and blinked before looking around.  "Where are we, Daddy?"

 

Brian smiled as he unlatched his seatbelt.  "We're checking out another house, Gus.  A BIG house.  Want to go look?"

 

Now wide awake, his son vigorously nodded his head and smiled as the real estate agent reached over to help unbuckle him.  Brian barely had a chance to open his own door and then Gus's before his child bounded from the vehicle, looking around like he was a kid in a huge candy store.  "Is this going to be our house?" he asked in wonder as Justin and Sheila joined them in front of the entrance doors. 

 

"Don't know, Sonny Boy," he told his child honestly.  He couldn't envision them living in such an obscenely huge home, but it was definitely an incredible residence - at least as indicated from the outside.  He could not dispute that.  "But we're going to go take a look," he told him with a smile, placing his hand on his son's shoulder as Sheila led the three of them up to the door and entered the code to open the lockbox and remove the entrance key. 

 

"Here we go," she said, as she unlocked the door and turned the handle to open it.  "Come on in, and be prepared to be impressed," she told them with a knowing smile. 

 

As the three of them entered ahead of her, she grinned as they walked into the foyer.  She had noticed that same expression before on other potential buyers she had escorted through here.  It couldn't be helped. The house was exquisite.  Hardwood floors, brick fireplaces, tall, imposing ceilings, and masterfully crafted woodwork, from the trim around the doorways to the curving bannister of the staircase leading to the upstairs.  And with only minimal furnishings left in the residence, the inside looked positively monstrous in size.  It wasn't for everyone; it would take a very discerning buyer to approve of such ostentatiousness.   But Sheila Perkins hadn't become Pittsburgh's Realtor of the Year by happenstance; she had a good instinct for potential buyers, and as she looked at the expressions of wonder on all three faces, something told her she may have just hit pay dirt.  "Come and see the kitchen," she invited them, remembering how Mr. Kinney had commented on how much Justin, his companion, loved to cook.  While he hadn't come right out and proclaimed him as his lover/boyfriend, it was written all over the man's face every time he gazed over at him, so she realized it was important to him that any potential home also include what Mr. Taylor liked as well. And if he were a true cook, he was going to fall in love with the kitchen.

 

Sure enough, as she led them down the long hallway to the kitchen located near the rear of the house, she heard the younger man gasp beside her as they approached what could only be described as a gourmet's dream. The kitchen held all chrome, top-of-the-line, professional appliances, from the built-in refrigerator to the six-burner stove to the granite kitchen island, complete with its own, separate sink and a stainless steel pot carrousel hanging directly overhead.  A medium-sized kitchen alcove with floor-to-ceiling windows located to the side of the cooking area was large enough to comfortably accommodate a dining table, and provided an incredible view of the rolling, heavily wooded backyard. 

 

"All the appliances are less than five years old," she told them as she watched Justin slowly trail his fingers across the marble island in awe.  "And there's a very spacious pantry over there," she advised them.  "It has mechanized vertical shelves that slide out for easy access to anything stored in there, along with a separate area for cleaning supplies." She cocked her head toward a set of two, French doors.  "Those doors lead to the outside patio," she told them.  "But I think you might want to see the upstairs first. It will take some time to tour all of the ground's amenities.  This way?" she asked, as the two men followed her back down the hallway, an excited Gus rushing full steam ahead.

 

"Gus, wait up, Sonny Boy!" Brian quietly demanded as his son reached the steps.  Jiggling impatiently up and down, Gus nevertheless held his ground until his father and Justin walked over to him.  Brian reached to grab his hand as he instructed him to hold onto the bannister with his other one, Justin and the agent following along behind them.

 

"I would head to the right," Sheila told him as they ascended the stiarcase.  "That's where the guest bedrooms are located."  After reaching the second floor, the four of them walked down a polished, hardwood floor with an antique runner in the middle, stopping at the first of six bedrooms - three on either side.  Each bedroom had its own, separate bathroom, and were bathed in copious amounts of light that entered through not only the tall windows, but also a pair of skylights that had been installed within the past few years in each bedroom to let in more light for morning prayers and reflection.

 

"Wow," Brian murmured as they entered the last of the bedrooms. This one had bookshelves gracing every wall of the room, each one full of hardbound books of every type, size, and color.  It was enough to fill up a respectable-sized library.  "These books come with the house?"  He watched as Justin walked over to examine some of them, pulling out one that seemed to appeal to him.  He noticed a radiant smile of pleasure break out on his lover's face as Justin exclaimed, "This is an art book about expressionism, Brian!"  Brian smiled back at him as Justin began to slowly leaf through the heavy tome, stopping to gingerly, almost reverently, lift the onion skin paper that protected each print within the book.  "This is amazing," he murmured, before turning to reluctantly put it back on the shelf.  Brian knew a lot of thought would have to go into any decision to purchase this particular house, but at that moment he couldn't help thinking that any price would be worth it if he could see that type of smile from Justin on a frequent basis.

 

"You're right," Brian decided as he turned to look at the agent, keeping a watchful eye on his son, who was skipping around the spacious room.  "This house is...indescribable."  He turned slowly around to try and absorb all the intricate details. 

 

"Wait until you see the master bedroom on the other end, and the attached office," she told him with a smile as she turned to lead them back out of the room.

 

A minute later, she swung the partly ajar door to the master bedroom open and stood to the side.  "Take a look," she urged them. She watched as the two men entered the room with the little boy and stopped dead in their tracks.  This room was at least twice the size of the other bedrooms, containing a sleeping area with an adjoining sitting area that was nestled in a private alcove off to the side.  It, too, faced out onto the rear grounds of the property, but had a set of double, French doors that led to a room-sized, covered balcony just perfect for morning coffee and conversation. 

 

To the left was a 10' X 12' walk-in closet with ample storage space that led to the adjoining master bathroom, constructed of Italian marble. It held both a spacious, glass-enclosed, rainforest shower, and a corner, garden bathtub.  Brian and Justin stood in the bathroom, both mouths hanging open at the opulence of it all.  "I...I've never seen anything like this," Brian admitted at last.  "This makes my bathroom back at the loft look like a broom closet."

 

Justin shook his head in amazement.  "Brian, this bathroom is twice as large as my dorm room!  Why would anyone - especially priests - need a bathroom like this?" 

 

 

Brian smirked as he walked up behind Justin and slid his arms around him, both of them facing the large mirror that hung over the double vanity.  "Maybe they weren't quite as celibate as they appeared," he told his lover as he nipped at his ear.  He heard Justin sigh in pleasure as he nuzzled his cheek.  "You - in this bathroom - are making me very, very horny at the moment," he admitted.  He didn't actually have to say anything, though; Brian's cock resting against his backside told Justin all he needed to know.

 

He turned around in Brian's arms as his lover curled his lips under in that ‘little boy look' of his.  He knew where Gus got his charm from, he decided, as he smacked him on the chest.  "Brian, the real estate agent is right in the next room, and so is your son. There is NO way I am ‘indulging you;' not now, anyway."

 

Brian grinned.  "Well, at least you said ‘not now.'  He turned Justin around again to hold him against his chest as he faced the Jacuzzi.  "I'm having all sorts of lewd thoughts about that," he told him huskily as Justin's face warmed.  He wasn't the only one having such ideas.  "I was never much into bathtubs...but I think with the right person, I could change my mind.  Ever done it in a bathtub, Justin?" 

 

His question was met with a soft groan.  "Brian...God...stop it!" he scolded him as he broke apart from his embrace, his cock beginning to stir with interest.  He rolled his eyes, mortified.  "Thanks a lot; now I'm going to have to think about something distasteful to make my hard-on go down."

 

"Think about Marcum; that should do it."

 

"Thanks," Justin replied dryly as he shook his head in mock irritation. There was no way he could stay mad at this man, however, not with that impish look on his face. 

 

"Mr. Kinney?  Mr. Taylor?  Ready to go see the outside now? Your son's going to love it!"

 

Justin groaned again, but this time for a different reason, as Brian called out, "We'd like a few more minutes to check out the master living area," he told her through the open doorway.  Could you go ahead and take Gus outside? We'll follow you out shortly."

 

"Sure thing," she called back, wondering if that was all there was to it. But she had long ago learned to be discreet as a real estate agent.  Turning to the fidgeting child nearby, she asked him, "Would you like to see the outside, Gus?"  The little boy nodded with a smile as she held her hand out.  He hesitated briefly before placing his hand in hers and following her out the door.

 

"Hurry up, Daddy!" he managed to call out as they headed toward the steps.

 

"We'll be right there, Sonny Boy!" Brian replied.  Hearing Sheila and his son bounding down the steps, he turned to Justin with a smirk.  "Now...about that not-so-little problem you have..."

 

Justin grinned back at him.  "I like the way you think," he responded with a smile, as he sunk to his knees on the plush carpeting and began to unbutton Brian's jeans, deciding he would take care of Brian's ‘problem' first.

 


 

"Daddy!  Justin!" Gus shouted out as the two men emerged into the backyard a few minutes later.  "Look at me!"   Gus was presently hanging upside down from a large, low-lying branch of an oak tree, his brown hair hanging freely under him as he swung slightly back and forth.  "I'm Tarzan!" 

 

Sheila stared over at him in apprehension, trying to figure out the best way to dislodge the human monkey without him falling out of the tree and onto his head. She had turned her back for only a few seconds as they had neared the tree, only to turn around just now to observe Gus hanging in his somewhat precarious position.  "Uh...Gus..."

 

"Shit," Brian muttered under his breath.  "I swear, he's trying to fucking kill me."  Raising his voice, he called over to his son, "Hold on, Tarzan. Stop swinging on your vine!  I'm coming!" He reached his son in record time as Justin followed quickly behind him, reaching to pull his giggling son into his arms and holding him tightly in a hug before slowly lowering him to the ground.  "Sonny Boy..." His shook his head in exasperation as Gus peered up at him and grinned, causing him to half-smile back at him in return.  "What am I going to do with you?" he lamented. 

 

It was only after his son was safely back on terra firma that he finally took a moment to look around the grounds, and once more he was floored by what he saw:  acres and acres of well-manicured lawn, generously interspersed with mature trees and flowering bushes of every kind and variety, even what appeared to be a mini-vineyard over to the left near a large, wooden structure. "What's that?" he asked curiously. 

 

Sheila smiled. "That's the original stables. Made from beams of oak flooring.  That structure is more secure than a lot of the new buildings being constructed today.  It would hold up to six horses if you decide to use it."  She pointed over to the side of the covered patio.  "And there's the built-in pool," she told them.  "It has thermal, solar panels that keep the water at a steady 85 degrees year-round.  There are also numerous walking trails around the property, and even a picnic shelter back there," she told them, pointing toward a grove of trees a couple hundred yards away.  "And a fishing lake, too.  The priests believed in the spirit of fellowship and communion, but also areas of reflection.  That's why the property is so serene." She sighed wistfully.  "I would die for this type of property.  This sort of home only comes on the market once in a lifetime. But it needs the right owner, who will appreciate its history and beauty."  She peered into Brian's eyes meaningfully.  Yes, it was an insanely large home for such a small ‘family;' but there was something about them that told her she wasn't misreading their interest.  Could she be wrong, though?

 

Brian looked down into his son's face; Gus was presently sitting cross-legged on the ground, swishing a stick he had found in the dirt and making a primitive drawing of...a house?  Was it this house?  He watched as his son drew a stick figure, then another one and yet a third, a smaller one.  "What are you drawing, Sonny Boy?"

 

As if he had read his mind, Gus peered up and explained, "I'm drawing this house, Daddy. And you and Justin and me." 

 

Brian glanced over at Justin, who had been silent up until now.  "Justin?" he asked softly.  He turned to look at the real estate agent.  "Would you mind if we talked in private?"

 

She nodded with a smile.  "Not at all.  I'll just go return some calls.  I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."  Brian nodded his thanks as she turned around and headed back toward the house. 

 

"Justin, what do you think?" he asked as soon as she had slid the doors shut and disappeared. 

 

Justin peered back at him, unsure what he thought.  He looked around the outside, and then the house itself as he replied, "Brian, it's...it's fucking amazing. I mean, it's anyone's dream house. But it's so big! It's like a hotel!  What would you...we need with so much room?  Can you imagine how much this would cost to even heat?"

 

"Well, she told me it's got a geothermal heating system, so the cost is more reasonable than you might think. And I can close off some of the rooms that aren't being used to save some additional money."

 

Justin stared at him in disbelief.  "You're actually thinking of buying this...this palace?" 

 

Brian grinned. "That's a good name for it," he admitted, as he looked down at his son, who was now drawing what appeared to be a horse; no, TWO horses.  Either that, or - heaven forbid - a couple of dogs.  He shuddered; he wasn't sure he was ready for either, but if it made his child happy, well, perhaps it was time to give it some thought. "You know, I used to ride horses when I was little," he revealed.

 

Justin smiled.  "You did?"

 

Gus peered up at his father curiously as Brian nodded.  "Yeah...and it was a lot of fun, too. Rode them at summer camp." The smile of remembrance on his face slowly disappeared as he added, "My parents always sent me to camp each summer...it was a good way for me to stay out of their hair. But I still enjoyed it, anyway."  His eyes glistened as he walked over to Justin and took him in his arms.  "Justin, I don't want to be that kind of parent to Gus. I want to be a REAL parent.  And this place...this place feels right to me.  I know it's crazy..."

 

"No," was the instant reply as Justin placed his hands on either side of Brian's face.  "What's crazy is thinking you could ever be a bad father, Brian. You are a wonderful father to Gus. And he would adore you and love you whether you lived in a loft, a mansion...or a shack. It doesn't matter to him. What matters to him is that you love him fully and unconditionally. He knows that; he will always know that, no matter what. It's not where you live; it's HOW you live. And you couldn't be a better parent or role model to him." 

 

Brian swallowed hard as he nodded.  "Thanks," he whispered sincerely as he smiled back at him. He paused before softly adding, "I still want to know what you think, Justin.  IS it crazy to even consider it?"  

 

"What would you do with the loft? Would you sell it?" 

 

"I'm not sure.  Financially I could maintain both. I might do that, at least for a while.  It might come in handy, even, for occasional, out-of-town clients who need a place to stay.  Or if there's inclement weather, like a snowstorm, it would certainly be easier to stay there rather than trying to head back out here."

 

Justin nodded as he absorbed that information.  He knew Brian was well-off, but to be able to comfortably afford to maintain both residences, he must be quite affluent. Not that it mattered; just like with Gus, he wouldn't care WHERE Brian lived - as long as they were together. 

 

"Justin? I think you could be happy here; WE could be happy here.  What do you say?"

 

"Brian, it's an amazing place! Anyone would be happy here. Not to mention I'm sure it would give me all kinds of inspiration to paint."

 

"I thought I was your inspiration."

 

Justin grinned.  "You are, believe me. And Gus," he added, as he smiled down at the little boy; Gus smiled up at him in return.  He turned back to look at Brian.  "But I'm not thinking of buying the house, YOU are.  You know I could never afford to help pay for this; at least, not for a very, very long time."

 

Brian huffed in annoyance.  "Justin, have you even been listening to me? I don't expect you to!  But I DO want you to move in with me, whether it's here or at the loft, or some other place.  But I really think we could make this work.  And I know Gus would love it."  He looked around the backyard, imagining all sorts of things he could place there to make his son happy; to make ‘both' his boys happy.  "I think I'll start with a big barbeque grill and an outdoor fridge - right next to the pool.  But if the pool's heated year-round, I don't think we'll need the hot tub.  And we'll need one of those wooden play sets for Gus; maybe then he'll stop acting like he's Tarzan.  We can put some of that rubber shit underneath in case he falls, so he won't get hurt, too.  I think we're going to need it."  Gus stared up at his father at the sound of his name and the sound of the words ‘play set.'  He wondered exactly what that was. Somehow he knew it would be a good thing, though; his daddy always thought of good things for him.

 

Justin laughed. "It sounds like you've already bought it, Brian." 

 

Brian gazed tenderly into his lover's eyes.  "Yeah, I guess I have, at least in my mind.  So...?"

 

Justin slid his hands down to rest on Brian's shoulders.  "So I say you go for it."

 

"No, Justin," Brian gently admonished him as Justin frowned.  "WE go for it."  Justin smiled and nodded as Brian leaned down to kiss him briefly on the lips.  Turning his head to gaze down at his child, he let go of Justin and gently pulled his son to his feet.  "Come on, Sonny Boy," he urged him as he grasped Gus's hand in his, and his son automatically reached for Justin's hand to stand between them.  "We've got a house to buy."