Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian and Justin get intimately acquainted with their new residence. The lord of the manor's unusual inheritance is furthur explained. A profitable deal for all is struck. But at what cost?

 

 

 

 

The drive leading up to the castle was a long, manicured affair, and nightfall was fast approaching as Brian and Justin traversed it. As they unloaded themselves from the car, Justin couldn’t help but to wonder who the heck was tasked with mowing the expansive lawn. Brian had parked the car at a haphazard angle right in front of the large doors that constituted the entryway. Standing before it, the older man let out a long whistle,

 

“Wow. It’s a lot more of a fixer upper than I thought.”

 

Justin contained a wince. “Yeah, not exactly Versailles, I guess. But it’s… homey?”

 

Neither man was very sure what he’d been expecting. Sure, the stone embattlements along the roof were crumbling, and okay so maybe the chimneys looked to be in disrepair. But it was still a freaking castle. Brian and Justin didn’t have to feign astonishment as they walked through the front doors of the massive structure.

 

Inside, there was a modest entrance foyer, and Brian dropped their reclaimed bags to the floor as he scanned the space. There were tapestries and a few other well-chosen items to decorate the room, and in terms of cleanliness, the dust situation seemed to be minimal. “It’s not too shabby in here. But those bigwigs are going to want to renovate it all, I guess.”

 

“I guess.” Justin was looking about with rekindled fascination. It looked as if several hallways branched off from where they stood, though he had no idea where to go. “Where do we sleep?”

 

“Um…” Hazel eyes shot to the left. “Let’s try through here.” It quickly became apparent that Brian didn’t exactly know his way around his own castle. A lengthy perusal of the house soon evidenced that they had entered the main living quarters. A bedroom on the second floor was deemed appropriate enough for habitation, and Justin poked about the bathroom as Brian made several calls from the bed.

 

“Thank god this place is furnished. Did you know it was?” Justin asked from his stance in front of a large vanity mirror. He scrutinized his reflection, frowning at the discordant angle his hair had decided to take after their long journey. “Brian?”

 

There was silence, before the other man came into the bathroom and stood just behind, his phone calls apparently finished. “I don’t know much more than you, Sunshine. They just gave me the key. I didn’t say anything about us actually staying here.”

 

“Who were you calling?”

 

Brian’s hands had found their way about the younger man’s waist. He held their bodies together, regarding their shared reflection as he answered, “Declan, the lawyers, the town expert on this magnificent heap of rocks. They’re all going to come over tomorrow and explain it to us. Then we’re going to figure out just how much money I can make off of this place.”

 

Justin nodded, feeling something akin to dismay at the idea of giving up the old estate so soon after they’d arrived. “I wish we could explore it more, before you sell off the pieces.”

 

“Who says we can’t?” Brian tugged the smaller man in firmly against his chest, hands beginning to roam. “We’re stuck here for two weeks. I personally intend to learn much about medieval architecture during my stay.”

 

“Is that so?” Justin smirked. He could tell where this was going…

 

“Mmhm.” Kiss. “I’ll be sure to study each and every architectural feature.” Lick. “While I’m ravaging you on every surface,” Bite, “of this castle.”

 

Justin turned in Brian’s arms, abandoning the lustful reflection for the real thing. He placed his hands around Brian’s shoulders, linking fingers behind. “That sounds like quite the task, Lord Kinney.”

 

Brian’s eyebrows shot closer to his hairline, and he growled, “You know, I think I’ve told you about ten dozen times, not to call me that.” His lips held not a trace of self-restraint as he took Justin’s own in a fierce, demanding kiss. Drawing back, he added, “Then again… you’ve never tried it while in my arms, in my castle, about to get on your knees to service my—”

 

Justin silenced him with a quick kiss of his own. “Careful, your lordship,” he warned. “You’ll want to keep favor with the common people, otherwise there could be a scandalous coup.” He let his lips carve a path of feather-light kisses and nips down the taller man’s throat, and past his clothed chest as he sunk down to the floor, indeed kneeling before the other man. Brian was watching him with hooded eyes as Justin’s fingers nimbly undid the belt and fly of his dress slacks. The edge of his underwear peeked out as Justin inched the pants down, and soon his roving hands discovered the telling hardness that was already forming for him.

 

Pale eyes glanced up with mischief. “I have been waiting to suck you off since we got on the first plane.”

 

“Well I’d hate to delay you any longer.” Brian reached to run a covetous hand through blonde locks. “Take it out.”

 

Justin didn’t hesitate. Brian was heavy and half-hard in his hand already as the underwear got pushed halfway down his thighs. A long, gentle stroke sent shivers up the darker man’s spine as Justin worked him in his hand, staring intently as he brought him to full arousal. “Justin,” Brian complained breathily, not liking the delay. “I get that my cock is of the utmost fascination to you, but if you want it in your mouth at all before I flip you over the vanity, then you’d better hurry up and—Ah!”

 

His speech was cut off by Justin’s abrupt change in tactic; his warm, talented mouth immediately sucking him in at the threat. Justin wrapped his lips around the thick length, pulling the impressive organ deep enough into his mouth to feel overwhelmed. Justin’s eyes closed, a sigh escaping through his nostrils. This was what he loved, craved even. The hot, hard and unyielding pressure of Brian in his mouth, so far in that his throat panicked, the short hairs at the base touching his nose. It turned him on, made him light-headed and got him hard, and for that very reason, had long-motivated him to become the absolute best cocksucker that he could be.

 

And there was no denying it: Justin did give great head.

 

He evidenced the depth of his skill as his mouth pulled away from the base, hands leaving Brian’s thighs to assist in bringing him the maximum amount of pleasure. He stroked along the shaft, fist chasing his mouth with every pull. His other hand was given task to stroke along Brian’s perineum, pulling gently on his balls at just the right moments. Justin wasn’t surprised at all when the man above him began cursing.

 

“Fuck, Justin. Just like that.” He groaned his approval, hips clearly making an attempt not to assault the kneeling youth’s efforts with his own lust-driven thrusts, thought it was all he desperately wanted to do. He tempered the desire by holding onto Justin’s head, fingers roving his hair and cupping his beautifully-straining jaw. The sight of his gorgeous young lover using his mouth in such determined effort to bring him off was what had his heart throbbing almost as badly as his dick. God, he looked exquisite.

 

Brian had always thought that Justin had a mouth made for sucking cock. His cock, in particular. He tried to lean against the bathroom counter when the kid’s ministrations began to be too much. There were few other men who’d ever been able to make Brian go weak in the knees, literally or figuratively. The guarded man would never tell him, but the truth was that Justin was the only one so far who’d achieved both. He panted, fingers gripping the cold marble edge of the sink as Justin went to task between his legs, sucking and swallowing and pulling and freaking moaning like the feelings were traversing straight to his own cock, instead of Brian’s.

 

A lust-addled glance from hazel eyes quickly showed that to be at least partially the case. Justin’s own erection tented his pants, no free hands available to service it. It was that sight of Justin’s arousal that had Brian pulling the younger man up and urging him to bend over the hard countertop, the desire to make the blonde feel so good overriding his own selfish urge to come down his throat. He made quick work of yanking the kid’s cargo pants down around his hips, too eager to undress either one of them any further. If Justin’s reactions were anything to go by, he didn’t really care.

 

Passion-riddled blue eyes stared out at Brian from the mirror where Justin’s face was now bent so close. His lips were still swollen and wet from the blow job he’d been performing, and Brian had to fight the urge to flip him around again just so he could abuse those very lips. Instead, he pressed Justin’s form harder against the vanity, bending to kiss and nip at his shoulder as his hips bumped his ass. A mental inventory of his pockets had the older man groaning internally, finally admitting, “I’ve got a lubed condom and that’s it. Do you need more?” Justin and he hadn’t had sex for nearly two days—a record for them lately. Brian desperately hoped that the answer wouldn’t be yes.

 

“Just do it,” Justin urged, too desperate to care. He did roll his eyes at the thought of Brian forgetting to pack lube. His annoyance didn’t have much time to sit, however, because the darker man was soon tearing open a foil and lining himself up. Justin’s discomfort of being laid out on the unforgiving marble surface was increased for long seconds as he was penetrated, his harsh pants joining Brian’s as their bodies fought to come together. “Fuck,” he cursed, eyes squeezed shut in concentration. He could only feel as Brian soothed along his sweaty hairline.

 

“Stop?” The older man asked tenuously, leaving it up to Justin to decide.

 

But Justin only groaned at his inability to refuse. His erection still ached where it was trapped between his stomach and the countertop. He wanted this, and wasn’t willing to give it up so easily. “You’d better hope to god—ughn!—that they sell KY in this town,” he moaned, just barely beginning to feel the pleasure as Brian moved within him. “Because we are not repeating this.” Brian seemed to stall at his words, unsure whether he’d gained permission to continue. But the smaller man beneath him soon gave a telling push of his hips backwards. Brian thrilled, and Justin gripped the edge of the marble as best he could as they began to enjoy what was their first, official fuck in Castle Kilkenny.

 

Despite the rough beginnings, Justin knew that in the end, Brian would give him everything that he wanted.

 

---

 

Brian, Justin, and the newly-introduced Declan MacGrath sat in the second floor living room of Castle Kilkenny. A fitful night of sex had brought them to a sunny morning of scones and coffee, which the lawyer had graciously provided upon his arrival.

 

“Well our first order of business should be to get you a housekeeper, if you’re to be staying on the property,” the suited man informed them. “I can’t make runs of scones and peaky coffee every day.” He was an old college friend of Brian’s not seen or heard from in years, until the whole inheritance issue had come up. Justin had regarded him a bit warily when he’d shown up so brash and familiar at almost nine o’clock in the morning, but a long breakfast of conversation and spiked coffee had soon shed nearly all of his inhibitions. Declan, as it turned out, was basically the straight, Irish version of Brian Kinney.

 

“But we’re only here for a few weeks,” Justin mumbled around his bite of a scone. “Who’s going to help us for that short of a time, when they all hate us anyways?”

 

“Who said they hate you?” Declan asked with a frown.

 

“We figured it out on our own at the local pub yesterday,” Brian was explaining. “The woman who runs the place—Maeve—had a serious attitude.”

 

“Oh, her.” Declan failed to repress a smirk. “Figures. She’s the one who used to run the museum up here.”

 

“Museum?” Justin squinted. “The castle was a museum?”

 

“In name. That’s how it was written off for nearly a century with no one noticing. The town of Kilkenny has gone undeveloped for decades. The people here want to keep it that way, stubborn gits.” The lawyer reached to retrieve a few papers from the briefcase he’d brought, eyes scanning over the pages. “Let’s see: they confiscated the property from the Kilkenny family—” he glanced to Brian, “your family—after the socialist movement at the turn of the century. Seems the IRA didn’t have patience for titles of nobility. So they fleeced it from the lords and gave it to the town, and they’ve been pretending it was public property all along.”

 

“So Brian really is a… a lord then?” Justin nearly snickered, because the idea of the completely offensive, never politically-correct, and often brutishly-mannered Brian Kinney being of noble blood was positively laughable. “It’s not just a formality?”

 

“No.” Declan shared Justin’s smile, shrugging off the unamused stare he got from his old friend for it. “Sorry mate, but you know it’s true. You’re Lord Brian Kilkenny to everybody around here.”

 

“My name is Kinney. Brian Kinney.” Brian stressed, much as he’d done with Maeve in the tavern. “ ‘Kilkenny’ sounds more like what those villagers would like to do to me, if they could: Kill Kinney.” He rolled his eyes. Kill Kinney indeed.

 

“Lots of people had their names forcibly changed when they immigrated to America,” Justin was supplying academically. “Your ancestors were probably just hard to understand, so some guy with a badge wrote it down as ‘Kinney’ instead. Presto chango: you’re an American.”

 

“I am an American,” the darker man insisted. He looked to Declan for support. “Right? I don’t have citizenship here, do I?”

 

“No, you don’t. But you do have your property rights from the old family land titles. They go straight to the oldest male in the family, which is you.”

 

Brian gulped down another sip of his Irish coffee. “Thank god for the small miracle of sexist inheritance laws.” He’d hate to think of losing all the money he had coming his way, to Saint Joan. “So we sell it all to the bigwigs, make out like bandits, and hightail it home in two weeks, yeah?”

 

“That’s the plan,” Declan confirmed. Both men smiled at their own advantageous situations, and continued to chat back and forth about how splendidly things had gone with each of them since studying together at Columbia. Declan had just made partner in his Dublin-based law firm, just as Brian had recently climbed his way to the top of Vanguard Agency. Rarely in life did opportunities to make so much money come around, and it was quite apparent that the two men were very excited at the prospect. They were like two, self-serving peas in a pod. “To Ireland,” Declan toasted with his old acquaintance, clanking their coffee cups together.

 

“To Ireland.”

 

Neither one of the men took much notice of how drawn into himself Justin had become, what with all the opportunistic talk of selling away the special inheritance. The blonde didn’t want to be a buzz kill, but he found that he couldn’t quite share in the excitement. So he opted instead to simply nibble on his scone.

 

Did Brian not feel any regrets whatsoever in letting go of what constituted centuries of his family’s legacy? Justin wondered. How could this be so easy for him? He said nothing, however. It was only a short trip, and it wasn’t his place to have an opinion on the matter anyways. Brian was a case study in self-assuredness, self-interest, and… anti-sentimentality. That was who he was. It was a major part of the aloof appeal that’d first drawn Justin to the older man. Before he’d known any better. Why that lack of sentimentality should change in relation to some rundown castle, wasn’t really a question worth pondering.

 

He sighed as he watched the unbelievably good-looking man he’d hooked, talking strategy with the Irishman. Finishing his scone, Justin swallowed. This trip might not be the chance to change Brian, but somehow he just knew that day would come. It had to. Until then he’d simply have to wait.

 

---

 

Brian was already imagining his future condo purchases. Miami, L.A., Ibiza… the possibilities were endless.

 

To his side was Justin, to his other side, Declan. Three men in suits had come to bargain for the cruise line, and a local man—the man named Colin whom they’d met briefly at the bar, was there as well. They’d just successfully negotiated up the terms for the sale of the castle, and now everybody in the room knew exactly how rich Brian Kinney would be, come the end of all this bargaining. There were still a lot of other matters to work out…

 

But he’d just secured three and a half million fucking euros. Brian didn’t think he’d ever felt so smug.

 

“You know,” the young blonde was saying quietly in his ear as Declan dealt with the representatives that Royal Caribbean had sent, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you look so smug.”

 

“Three point five mil buys a heck of a lot of Prada, but not that much humility.”

 

Justin couldn’t stop the smile that came, even though he was loathe to give Brian any sign of approval over the exorbitant deal that he’d just struck. Brian Kinney already thought that he was God. He certainly didn’t need more money than him. So Justin smartly reminded him, “Emmett will still be richer than you.”

 

Brian scoffed. “Yeah, and he can spend the rest of his life chomping on Schickle’s pickles. I’ll be cruising to the best beaches of every continent and island known to man.” To their side, Colin was rolling his eyes. He’d come to educate everyone on the present status of the castle’s structures, and had been patently ignored for most of the meeting. Brian was still going on about just which exotic locales he’d soon be visiting. “Every. single. one,” he bragged.

 

Justin smirked, unable to suppress the image of his earlier thoughts of blow jobs on all seven continents. “Can I go on these cruises with you?” he asked coyly.

 

“Of course.” A promise of a kiss was planted ceremoniously atop Justin’s head. “I wouldn’t think of leaving you behind.”

 

Brian obviously hadn’t thought through his reply. Hadn’t considered what to say to sound just aloof enough, just Brian Kinney-ey enough. And Justin beamed at the unusually honest remark that he got from his lover. Brian wouldn’t think of leaving him behind. It was the best thing he’d heard all day.

 

“Lord Kilkenny?”

 

Brian, Justin, Declan, and Colin all turned to the men who had been using the so-strange title all afternoon. They seemed hesitant to stop calling him that. Perhaps someone had told them that with Brian Kinney, flattery would get you anywhere. Brian raised his eyebrows at them in silent question.

 

“Your lordship, I have here a Mr. Graevs. He’s the leading authority on your property here in the county. We’d hoped that you and Mr. MacGrath would take a moment to sit down with us to go over the details on docking rights we’d previously discussed.”

 

“Oh.” Brian glanced over to Declan for some sign of approval, before nodding his own assent. “Of course.” He moved back towards the table, where it was obvious that they were all going to reconvene. With a spare thought for Justin, he turned back to pull the young man with him, but found the teenager to be moving closer to the room’s exit instead. Colin at his side. “Justin?”

 

“These business deals aren’t really my thing Brian. If it’s alright with you, I think I’ll head out with Colin and learn more about the castle.”

 

“You’re sure?”

 

Justin nodded. “Don’t worry: he knows his way around the place. We won’t get lost.”

 

Brian nodded in agreement, watching as his companion for the trip left the room. Declan and the men in suits had already seated themselves back at the table, paper and pens out as they steeled themselves to haggle over this next part. And Brian joined them with a well-concealed sense of dread. In truth, he probably would have rather gone exploring with Justin than endure more of this endless, tedious blend of flattery and legal jargon. But he was the big schmo in all of this. The lord, the nobleman. He had it and they wanted it, and now they would dig into the real mess of it all.

 

Because it wasn’t just the castle that they wanted from him. It was the half the county’s best vistas and the bay.

 

Brian rejoined them at the table, pouring himself another full glass of water to calm his nerves. This was where the impact of what was being asked of him, got very real. As the lawyers began talking about which scenic locals were most suitable for major construction and the possible need for future highways, Brian thought that it was probably a good thing that Justin had left with his little Irish friend for a tour. Because he surely wouldn’t be too keen on hearing all of this.