Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Brian rushes through the door dropping his briefcase and throwing his suit jacket over the back of the kitchen barstool before leaving and rushing to the second floor.  He knocks on the door to the only apartment on that floor and waits for it to open.  "I apologize for not being able to greet you."

 

"No apology is necessary Mr. Kinney."

 

"Brian, please."

 

"Brian."  Both girls grin.  Brian looks for the third female that he was informed would also be arriving for a one year stay.  He detects another person in the bedroom a few feet away, which has the door open, and they appear to be bending over emptying their luggage.  His mouth falls open.  The butt he is ogling has made him instantly hard.  He can't take his eyes off it.  He is familiar with the outline showing through the material and has seen the beautiful manhood which also lies beneath the clothing.  The girls follow his line of sight.  Brian shakes his head and realizes that the girls who greeted him are watching.  They don't look too pleased. 

 

Brian starts speaking even though he isn't sure he is being coherent.  "Molly, Daphne, and this must be Sunshine."  He says the last word with an uncertain intonation.

 

The owner of the butt rises quickly.  "Only my mother calls me that or used to call me that when I was younger, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian's body drains of energy and he almost passes out from the vision of the man in front of him.  "Justin."  The word comes out just above a whisper and with the reverence of a person worshiping a deity.  He tries to recover before his emotional state becomes obvious, nevertheless that isn't to be as Justin offers his hand in greeting.   To touch this man again is all he ever thinks about.  He reaches to Justin and shakes his hand gently, while basking in a touch he thought he would never feel again. 

 

It is taking all Justin's resolve to stand and face the presence that he has longed to see again.  Offering his hand is the most painful experience of his life.  He has longed for this man's touch again; however, this man does not want him.  He tells himself to remember that, and even though Brian's touch has caused a pure burning throughout Justin's body, he hesitates in pulling his hand back.  He turns away from the group to compose himself.   Why did he let his mother dictate that he must undertake Rumspringa in this situation?  What is her reason for tormenting him?  He knows he must endure it.

 

Molly clears her throat, bringing both men back to reality.  Brian recovers to voice what he believes the agreement was.  "I was under the impression that there would be three females heading out into the big wide world for a year.  When your mother wrote to me she mentioned Molly, Daphne and Sunshine.  I'm sorry if I misunderstood."  Brian is relieved he is still capable of speech.  He had been happy to help Jennifer and Craig out as three females on Liberty Avenue wouldn't require much supervision.  "I'm not sure I would have chosen this building or this area if I had known you would be part of the group Justin."

 

Justin is a little surprised Brian didn't know he would be arriving with the women, but he can understand the confusion since his mother had called him Sunshine in the letter.  He doesn't dwell on it.  "Mother said you live in this building Mr. Kinney." 

 

"Justin, I chose the gay part of town.  It's widely known this is the gay area of Pittsburgh.  I thought your mother understood that.  The girls will be safe here as most of the men won't even look at them."

 

Molly and Daphne look devastated because Brian must think they are so ugly that men won't be interested in them, so Justin speaks again.  "I'm sure your mistaken Mr. Kinney, my sister and Daphne are very beautiful women."  Both women smile.  Not only at Justin saying they are beautiful, but he called them women.  Even from their world brothers and sisters don't always see eye to eye.

 

"Gay has many meanings and it's a word to describe homosexuals.  The only people looking at these two beauties will be other women."

 

"Mother would never send us to such a place Mr. Kinney."  Justin isn't objecting, he is just stating what he thinks is fact.

 

"I'm sure she didn't know."  Brian states hesitantly, as he is perplexed.  Why would Jennifer send Justin to live in his building?  She knows of their attraction to each other.  She had requested Brian find a suitable apartment for three to rent for a year of Rumspringa, and he had explained there was an available one in his building where he could watch over the group, as per her wishes.  The letter had arrived only days after he had visited the Taylor's on behalf of his father.  Something is troubling Brian about the situation and he can't quite place what it is.

 

Brian needs to retreat and assess the circumstances; he is willing his brain to work through the situation, but to no avail.  While Justin is so close the world is just not making sense.  Also Justin maybe miles from home, yet he can still ruin his life.  Brian is scared, as he has no idea how he will ever resist the temptation that now seems to be part of his life for the next twelve months.

 

"Can we offer you a drink Brian?"  Molly apologizes for her seeming lack of manners to their guest.  "Fortunately the place has been fully stocked."

 

"I didn't think you would feel like shopping as soon as you arrived so I made sure the cupboards were stocked for you.  I'll pass on the drink offer, thank you."  Brian needs something stronger than what is in the cupboards.

 

"That was very kind of you Brian."  Molly then turns to Justin.  "The journey was long so Daphne and I would like to take a nap before we commence Bible studies."  Justin nods his head.

 

Brian knows there is no television or any other device that might entertain Justin.  "Would you like to come to my apartment and watch television while you wait?"  He spoke before he thought, or did he?  He realizes the turmoil his body, brain and emotions are displaying and that is over ruling any cogent thought.  Brian's need for this man has him making bad decisions and only within minutes of seeing Justin again has he taken the opportunity to be alone with the man.  Could his desire to be with Justin conceivably destroy Justin's life?

 

Justin looks at the girls and without words they indicate it will be alright if he left them alone to sleep.  "Thank you Mr. Kinney I would like to see your television."  Justin isn't sure he had wanted the females to agree that he goes to Brian's apartment as it is going to be complete torture being alone in this man's presences.

 

Justin follows Brian up the stairs and watches as Brian rolls back the door to the loft.  He doesn't step inside after Brian as he is waiting for an invitation.  Brian isn't paying attention as his thoughts are having an internal battle.  When he turns to give Justin the remote to select a program Brian becomes aware he is still standing outside.  "Justin, please; come in."

 

"Thank you Mr. Kinney." 

 

Brian walks over and closes the door.  He still has the remote control in his hand and he walks over to Justin.  He is only inches away from him and Justin doesn't back away.   "You want this don't you Justin."

 

"I'm not sure what it is Mr. Kinney."

 

"Not the remote.  You want to be with me don't you?"

 

Justin blushes.  "I know I want you Mr. Kinney, I'm just not sure of how.....I've never.....not anything; ever."

 

Brian isn't touching him yet so he leans in and kisses Justin's lips ever so softly.  There is no resistance so he does it again, and again.  He then places a hand on the nape of Justin's neck.  Not tightly, just enough to help him understand and enjoy the kiss.  Brian is lost in the moment; he is lost in Justin as the kiss intensifies.  Justin melts into his embrace and Brian places a hand on the small of his back to hold him in place.  Within seconds of the heat rising from their bodies he becomes aware of the lost contact.  Justin has broken free from his hold.

 

Justin has never felt lips on his own before.  Brian's lips are soft.  The sensation produces a tingling down his spine and when Brian's tongue touches the inside of his upper lip Justin thinks there could be nothing more pleasurable in the world.  As Brian penetrates his mouth Justin's body releases the pressure.  He melts against Brian as he can't stand.  Once he regains feeling in his legs and he has released himself from Brian's embrace he runs to the safety of his apartment to hide his embarrassment.  He is glad the women are asleep and he can change his trousers before anyone notices.

 

Brian hangs his suit jacket and empties his briefcase.  He knows he has to fix what has just happen, even if he doesn't understand it.  For all intents and purposes Justin is in his care and they can't avoid each other.  He waits one hour as he believes that is enough time for the women to nap, then he knocks on the apartment door.  Daphne answers.  "Mr. Kinney.  How can we help you?"

 

Brian notices Justin sitting on the couch with his eyes fixed on the Bible in his hands, like he is reading it.  He knows he isn't, he knows Justin is just feeling awkward.  "Once you have finished your studies would you like to join me for a meal at the Liberty diner."  Both women look towards Justin.  He doesn't want to go, yet there is no way he wants to explain to the women why.  He nods his approval.  "I'll come by at seven." 

 

Brian knocks on the second floor apartment door for the third time today.  As Justin, Molly and Daphne open the door it is obvious they are ready to leave.  Brian walks in and presses the light switch as he enters.  "Why were you sitting in the dark?"

 

"We couldn't find any candles."  It is a simple and innocent reply from Daphne.

 

Brian doesn't ridicule and he knows they are now aware of how to turn the lights on.  "Justin you might like to leave your hat here.  You aren't working in the fields and its becoming dark out.  Ladies you might want to leave your bonnets too, unless they are a necessity to your religious beliefs."  All three leave the building dressed as they were when they had greeted Brian at the door.

 

They walk to the liberty diner, and once inside Justin removes his hat.  There are a few wolf whistles which die down quickly when they see the two really hot men being accompanied by women.  Then the curious stares become obvious.  Brian Kinney is part of the group.   With all the attention they are getting Brian hasn't noticed his family sitting in the very next booth, however they have seen and heard all the commotion Brian and his guests have created.  As they make their presences known Brian does the introductions.  "Emmett Honeycutt, Michael Novotny, Ben Bruckner, Ted Schmidt, Blake Wyzecki, this is Justin Taylor, his sister Molly and their friend Daphne Chanders.  They are visiting from Lancaster County.  Their parents Jennifer and Craig have entrusted me with their care while they spend a year in glorious Pittsburgh to see if they want to jump ship from repression." 

 

"That's not true."  Justin seems very indignant at what Brian has just said.  He doesn't know Brian and doesn't realize that this is the man's way of joking with his friends."  "I think we need to leave."  He motions to the girls to leave.

 

"Justin, wait.  Sorry, I was joking around with my friends."  Brian's family couldn't believe they had been introduced with a mere gesture of the hand and no smart comments to accompany it, and now Brian is calling them his friends with no sarcasm or disdain. 

 

"We should probably leave Brian as this doesn't seem to be a suitable establishment for the women." Justin utters as he looks directly at Brian. 

 

Brian can tell Justin is trying to say so much more than he is, but he doesn't understand what it is he is trying to convey.  "Justin you are living only half a mile from this diner and even closer to the Liberty Avenue supermarket and other stores you will frequent while here.  You will need to be comfortable with your surroundings."

 

Justin is still standing, his eyes pleading with Brian to understand.  "I'll contact father tomorrow and inform him of the situation."

 

"And what situation would that be?"

 

"The area is unsuitable for, the women."  Justin's eyes never leave Brian's face.

 

"Sit and eat Justin.  I'll show you around the area tomorrow and if you still decide you need to leave I will make the necessary arrangements with Jennifer and Craig."  Justin looks at the girls and then back at Brian before he sits. 

 

Justin explains, along with Ben's unsolicited help, Rumspringa and the whole diner seems to eavesdrop.  Rumspringa enables the Amish who are undertaking it to do things which are usually forbidden, such as wearing non-traditional clothing, using electricity, driving cars, watching television and even drinking and smoking with people from outside their community.  As Justin speaks gaydars are pinging off the chart while the patrons hang on his every word. 

 

Brian has almost gone in to a state of panic with Justin's words.  Brian's inner turmoil is not outwardly displayed as he manages to project a very calm persona in front of his family.  While Justin and Ben are relaying facts of the groups existence on Liberty Avenue Brian replays Justin's words in his head.  Only then did it register the conversation Justin was portraying with his eyes and subtly with his words.  "The women", words Justin repeated for effect.  Justin wants to stay, it was a protest the women would have expected to hear and relay to their parents.  

 

The walk home is pleasant.  As they reach the second floor Brian doesn't want the evening to end so he invites the group to watch television.  Never having watched television the girls look hopefully at Justin.  Justin is the eldest in the group and of course they look to him because he is male.  He agrees.

 

The group sits on the couch and Brian sits in the individual chair.  He allows them to select the channel and suddenly they start speaking a different language.  Brian is hoping they aren't speaking in tongues as they seem to be having some in-depth discussion.  Brian doesn't know what is being said, yet he understands they have just automatically slipped into the language and there is no intention of doing it to keep him out of the conversation.  Once Justin sees Brian's blank expression to his question it becomes clear to him that they will always need to speak English while they are away from home.  He apologizes; they always speak what is commonly known as Pennsylvania Dutch in their community.  He informs the girls they should speak English from now until they return home.  Brian stifles his laugh once it is revealed they were disagreeing over what to watch and they wanted him to make the final decision.  Apparently it's just human nature to squabble over who controls the television remote or selects the program.  They settle for a horse auction documentary. 

 

Brian relaxes a little; he isn't watching the screen as nothing can hold his attention when Justin is close.  Just knowing Justin wants to be here, has made him extremely high on life. 

 

Justin can feel the heat from Brian watching him, as he has done all evening, and once again the desire within him is the same as the first time.  He is aware Brian understands the objection to this area was for the benefit of the women.  He is already looking forward to spending some time with Brian as he shows them the local area in the morning.  He knows it is a sin to even think about Brian, and his moments of weakness, of giving in to such thoughts, have been constant since he first laid eyes on him.  He could be shunned and dammed to hell for his feelings, yet that doesn't stop his desires evading his every thought. 

 

As the three leave Brian almost leans in to kiss Justin.  He is drawn to the man, however he pulls back just before anyone became aware of his unintentional lapse in concentration.  He bids the group a good night, knowing he can't have Justin right now, or can he.  He just needs to close his eyes and he can see every contour of Justin, taste his lips and feel his touch, these images will bring him to his own satisfaction.  There is no need for some random trick tonight.  He is eager to close his eyes and indulge in his fantasy.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but nice reviews are even better.