Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

The music from within the interior of Babylon was thumping away as usual when Justin walked up to the street entrance. The bouncer posted outside immediately afforded him a polite nod, “Mr. Taylor,” as well as a cut right past the line of waiting patrons. The young blonde ignored the irritated mumbles that sounded as he was let right in. Such were the perks of dating the owner of a night club. Everything seemed pretty much as usual, so nothing dawned on the artist until after he’d passed the coat check and entrance area. Swiping the two-story chain curtain out of his way, Justin froze in place at the onslaught of sudden cheers.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”

 

“Oh boy,” the young man muttered to himself, as the general roar of jovial shouts continued. Thank god he’d changed into something nice.

 

Brian had done it.

 

That was the first thought that flew through his head. The thought of the older man putting such effort into a day that, in years previous, he’d expressed nothing but disdain for, put a wide smile onto his face. Before he could even take in all that he was seeing, an arm wrapped around and pulled the smaller man into what he immediately knew was the strong form of his lover. From behind, Brian looked out with him at the mass of assembled guests.

 

“Hey boy wonder.”

 

“Uh, hi. What is this?”

 

Brian huffed warm breath against his cheek, one arm holding Justin, while the other managed a flute full of champagne. “Don’t ask stupid questions. Here,” the dark-haired man’s hand shot out to grab a second glass from a passing waiter—yes, waiter—and hand it to his companion. “I’d like to make a toast!” Brian yelled, bringing further attention from all those in the room to focus down on the pair. “To Justin Taylor, whom some of you might call Sunshine,” at this, an excited blur of red hair could be seen off to the side, from whom a happy hoot emanated. “Yes Debbie, thank you. He’s smart, he’s talented, and not to mention fucking hot!”

 

More cheers and a few agreeing whistles sounded at this, and Justin elbowed Brian as best he could with the glass in his hand. “Brian,” he hissed in embarrassment. One of the whistles had definitely come from Melanie, whom he could see standing in the crowd. Jeeze, he hadn’t been aware that he knew enough people to fill Babylon, let alone pack it. Hmm, what were the chances that some of the fillers were Brian’s ex-fucks? Now with his chin propped against Justin’s shoulder, Brian was continuing,

 

“He’s twenty one this year kiddies, can you believe it! And so very accomplished. I don’t know if you’ve seen this guy’s work, but he’s a fucking amazing artist!” Brian bragged loudly, the whole room clapping along. “I think that more than anyone we know, Justin is determined. In whatever he does. He worked hard to get where he is. With us too. Everybody here probably has a memory of when he’s helped you out, or at least bothered you enough until you told him what was wrong.”  Justin shook his head in bemusement as the speech went on. Somehow, Brian always managed to make his toasts sound as if he were both mocking and praising you. Justin’s blue eyes shot down sheepishly to his front, attention diverted by the fingers he felt moving against the fabric of his sweater. Was Brian trying to flick his nipple ring?

 

Sobering, Brian had allowed his hand to splay out on the younger man’s chest. “But that’s his way. So selfless. So kind. So obnoxiously good-willed. I personally, can think of several ways in which he’s helped me out.”

 

“Please don’t veer into the inappropriate,” Justin mumbled back at his boyfriend, who had by now ignored the room to fix their gazes on one another.

 

“All joking aside folks, I have only this to say, and I’m sure you can all agree with me: Mr. Taylor is one of a kind. We didn’t expect him to show up, or to stay. But he did. And he’s irrevocably… ours.”

 

Applause and chatter came out at the end of Brian’s words, the loud music picking back up, but it was clear to Justin that the last line of said speech held a more personal meaning. Something in his chest constricted a little, at the sincere look he got from his boyfriend just then. Irrevocably ours. Brian had said it, and Justin impulsively thought of wedding rings and matching tuxes. Who said he couldn’t eke a little romance out of the guy? Grinning triumphantly, Justin allowed himself to both be held against Brian’s front, and guided further into the club. Everyone they passed wished Justin a happy birthday, and Brian clinked their champagne flutes together from behind. “A toast for a very happy birthday.”

 

Justin beamed at him.

 

“And for stealing my account, you little fucker.”

 

The smile slid right off of the young man’s face. “Oh. They picked me?” Suddenly, the smile slid right back on. “They picked me. Cool!”

 

“Well I’m glad you think it’s so ‘kewl’,” Brian mocked, still pushing Justin along in a slow shuffle, “because that account would have gained me a very valuable connection. Van Dorn has his hands in a lot of pockets.”

 

Despite his boyfriend’s tone, Justin could tell that this was no spat. Sometimes Brian just had to be pissed about something. And after having committed such an uncharacteristically sweet sentiment, Justin was sure this was the older man’s way of self-soothing. “I didn’t purposefully go after your business, you know.” They approached the edge of the bar, Justin’s back to it while Brian crowded in.

 

“Even if you did, it’s not as if I can spank you for it, on your birthday.”

 

Justin’s lips canted up in a smirk, “Or… you could. Isn’t that some sort of tradition?”

 

“Oh ho. Don’t tell me you’ve been waiting for your twenty one smacks?”

 

“Twenty one?!” Justin choked a little on his sip of champagne. “Jesus.”

 

“Oh come on now,” Brian purred, “Don’t think you can take it?”

 

“Oh, I think it’s been well established that I can take it.”

 

Brian’s eyes burned down at the younger man. Fuck parties! Why had he thought this was a good idea? He should have his hot blonde little piece of ass screaming against his mattress by now. “I’ll put that to the test,” he countered, before his features rapidly clouded over, and not in a good way. Justin had moved his head into the light just enough to cast glaring relief onto something that, until now, had gone unnoticed. “What the fuck happened to your face?”

 

“Oh,” Justin blushed, taking a steeling gulp of his drink. “That.” He’d had to use tape to close the cut above his eyebrow.

 

“Yeah, that.” Now Brian did look angry.

 

“You know… Kai and stuff,” Justin offered in meek explanation. He knew how little his boyfriend cared for his workout habits. “It’s no big deal.”

 

“No big deal? It looks like he kicked your face in!”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous. I’m not even bruised, Brian.”

 

“Yet.” The older man frowned. He knew the colors with which he’d become so familiar would likely blossom across his lover’s face before they’d even left the party. “You’re cut.”

 

“I wasn’t guarding on the right. He got a good jab in.”

 

“I’ll fucking jab HIM.”

 

Justin sighed. “Let’s talk about this later, please? I want to enjoy my party.”  For all their consternation, they hurriedly rid it from their faces as both men noticed the rapid approach of their friends.

 

“Happy Birthday Justin!”

 

“Oh look, your fan club’s arrived,” Brian simpered, as he was systematically pushed to the side by Melanie, Emmett, Michael, and Ben.

 

“Happy birthday sweetie!” Emmett said first, coming forward for a fast and hard hug.

 

 Justin puffed a breath out at the tickle of faux fur jacket against his nose. “Thanks Emmett.”

 

“Look at you, twenty one. I can’t believe it,” Michael was saying with a bemused smile. “One of the gang, who would have thought.”

 

Justin knew Michael probably meant that he couldn’t believe Justin had lasted this long, being that he was connected to the social circle through Brian. But he also knew that his lover’s best friend had warmed to him substantially in the past few years, so it was easy to return the warm greeting, “Thanks Michael.”

 

“God, I remember when I’d just turned twenty one.” Ben shook his head in apparently fond remembrance. “Twenty one’s a great year,” he said, sagely. “Farther and farther away from being a kid.”

 

“Yeah you’re legal for everything now,” Brian crooned.

 

Frowning in disapproval, Melanie pointed out, “As if that ever stopped you.”

 

“What can I say? He was hot before his time.”

 

The music in the room picked up, switching over to an electric rhythm that instantly had Emmett jumping up and flutter-clapping. “Oh I LOVE this song! Wanna dance, birthday boy?”

 

“No way!” Brian exclaimed, dumping both his and Justin’s glasses on the bar behind them. “See you losers later.” Placing conspiratorial hands at his now-legal lover’s waist, the dark-haired man shuffled them out towards the dance floor. “Guy you fuck most gets the first dance,” he offered once they were separated from the others.

 

“Oh, how romantic,” was Justin’s uncaring reply. He was completely enamored with the man holding onto him at the moment. “You didn’t have to do this, you know.” The young artist hadn’t missed how elaborately the club was done up that night. Brian had dropped some serious cash on it.

 

“But it’s what you wanted,” Brian persisted, and something about the look in his eyes said that he desperately wanted to see that it had all been worth it. That he’d made Justin happy. But he didn’t say it. He never would.

 

“Yes,” Justin laughed. “Alright? Yes. I wanted you to give a shit.”

 

“And?” Strong arms pulled their bodies closer together.

 

“Brian Kinney gives a shit,” Justin finished, softer now that their proximity was as such.

 

Brian’s hazel eyes swam in satisfaction and something else that was just this side of undetectable, staring at the man in his arms for a full minute. But he never ceded the point. Instead he uttered the simplest of commands, “Dance with me.” The order, given in one of Brian’s deeper, more gravelly tones, spurred an instinctive response within the younger of the pair. Do what the sexy Top wants, that voice said. Justin let his hips be pulled into the rhythm of Brian’s motions, the world of the club around them fading away just a little bit more.  Brian silkily produced a small packet from somewhere on his person, holding it up between them. Before Justin knew it, he was being offered a very special kiss. The blonde opened his mouth and Brian immediately swiped in, tongue invading and taking and Justin accepting all that he had to give. The E was hardly noticed as it disappeared into his system. With his hands running over the skin of the larger man’s shoulders, Justin felt a thrill of excitement run through him at the thought of how incredibly hot he already was for this man in his arms, and how much hotter they’d both be …in about thirty minutes or so.

 

“You bring all the best party favors,” he murmured against the heat of Brian’s throat. He felt himself swirled around until his back met the older man’s front. He cackled joyously as they continued moving their hips in a vague dance to the techno beat that thrummed through the room, giving Babylon its pulse. Everything around them, including them, was dark and perfect and sexy. Brian hadn’t had to go and throw a big party for him—even though it was nice—just being here together, in the habitat that nature had intended for them, was wonderful.

 

“Look around,” Brian enticed, “I don’t think you’ve seen everything yet.”

 

Curious, Justin let his gaze sweep the room, jumping through the swirling lights to settle on person, then thing, then person. Daphne was not too far off, getting her groove on with the hottest queen she could find, but that was nothing unusual. What was he supposed to be looking for? “Brian I don’t—” He broke off. Oh. It was the dancers. The ones that were always present at Babylon. In the crow’s nest, on the two miniscule stages, at the back and on the bar. They were painted. Well, that wasn’t exactly the whole of it. “Woah.” Justin squinted at their skin, rendered in myriads of colors. “That’s so cool Brian!”

 

“Kewl,” the other man mocked, yet again.

 

“Cut it out,” Justin swiped backwards half-heartedly. “Can we go see?”

 

“See, touch. You know I pay them…”

 

“Creeper.” The one in the crow’s nest came down to see them at Brian’s beckon. Justin let his eyes trail over the well-formed man’s body. “Leave it to you to find a way to make Seurat pornographic.”

 

“I find bulging… everything, to be the ideal canvas for fine art,” Brian stated academically. “Admire the use of the pointillism technique in the buttocks region.”

 

Justin couldn’t help it, he laughed. Every one of the gogo boys was painted as a classic example of a different movement. There was a Picasso in the back of the club, and what looked like Vermeer at the bar. “You’ve outdone yourself,” he acceded. “I like it. A lot.” Turning in Brian’s arms, he lifted his head to give his taller boyfriend a kiss. “That’s for all of this.”

 

Brian kissed him again, and again for another long moment, not wanting to relinquish the feel of those perfect lips just yet. “That’s all I get for it?” he complained quietly.

 

“That’s all you get for now. I want that dance you promised me.”

 

There wasn’t a second between when he said it and when Brian jerked their bodies together again. “You’ve got it, hot stuff.”

 

“Don’t call me that,” Justin protested, even as his hands and body were taken into the control of the other man. Something roughly Spanish-inspired had begun to play, and for the second time in his life, Justin Taylor was reminded that his lover was accomplished enough in formal dance styles to lead him effortlessly through the motions.

 

---

 

“Close the door.”

 

The heavy metal slider that served as the gateway between Brian Kinney’s loft and the rest of the world was obligingly shut and locked. And since he’d learned the hard way what happened when locks were forgotten, Justin also managed to activate the security system. He hadn’t had enough pills and booze to forget that yet.

 

“Want a water?”

 

Justin glanced over to where Brian stood, poised at the fridge. “No.”

 

His eyes glazed over a little as he remembered the first time he’d seen Brian pull a water from that fridge. He wondered now if Brian would dump it all over himself again. He wanted him to. Wanted to see it ripple down his pecs, his nipples, that flat stomach. He wanted to lick it off of him. Justin was buzzing with warmth and energy from their exertions at Babylon, yet none of the thoughts that flittered through his mind came to the surface. He remained silent, instead keenly watching Brian move about in his equally intoxicated state. He let his eyes trace the other man’s body; the planes of his skin, the curve of his muscles, the way his throat bobbed as he took a tantalizing gulp of water. The blonde wanted to see his lover’s throat bobbing like that, filled with his cock.

 

“Ha, do you now?”

 

Justin startled, not having immediately realized that he’d spoken out loud. “What? Yes.”

 

Brian set the bottle of water aside, stalking closer, backing the younger man up against the riveted steel of the door. “But I’d thought we’d start with what I’d already promised you…” At Justin’s blank expression, he reminded, “Twenty. one. smacks?”

 

Justin balked, his mouth open in incredulity. “A birthday spanking? You weren’t serious about that?!”

 

“My dear boy: I am always serious about spanking.”

 

Gathering what wits he could, backed up to the door as he was, the blonde pressed, “I’d rather you get down on your knees.”

 

“You want to fuck my mouth?”

 

Justin’s eyes darkened, “That’s not all I’d like to fuck—”

 

“Ah, Ah,” Brian’s fingers shot up to rest against Justin’s still-parted lips, “This is your birthday. So why don’t you just let me dispense with the gift-giving?” His lips attacked Justin’s neck, and began working their way down, and down.

 

Shuddering in agreement, Justin watched as the gorgeous face worked down his chest, well on its way to worshipping his body. He hadn’t expected to top tonight, but it had been worth a try. The older man didn’t like to roll over for anyone or anything. But that was okay because Justin loved rolling over enough for the both of them. Now Brian was at his waist, and he’d gotten to his knees. The sight of it made the artist’s already racing pulse, race faster. Bringing a hand down to rub himself through his pants, he let Brian linger at his middle, sighing as kisses and sucks were placed along the skin there.

 

Brian’s hands curved around his body, grabbing and kneading at his hips, his ass. He did that thing where he rubbed his cheek against him, like some cat. Justin’s breathing got heavier, and he hurriedly reached to the button of his fly. But one of those large hands came back to stop him. “I’ve got that,” Brian said, “Take your shirt off.” Exhaling, Justin complied. His shirt was on the ground in seconds. “Good boy.”

 

The artist’s eyelids fluttered at the praise. He’d never told him in so many words, but Justin was of the opinion that Brian Kinney had mastered the art of talking during sex. It wasn’t about what he said, it was about how he said it. He could have been talking, low and dark and calm and serious, about the cut of steak he’d received at dinner. But he wasn’t. When he started talking to you; low and dark, and calm and serious, while he was taking your pants off, while he was guiding your head down between his thighs, while he was fucking you… THAT was pure sex. Brian. was.

 

And Justin had him.

 

Brian’s eyes shot up, steely and mischievous with his fingers pulling down the other man’s dress pants. “DON’T tell me that you came to my fancy party without any underwear?”

 

Taking himself in hand, Justin gave his hardening member a few good strokes, bringing the head to Brian’s lips so that he could admire the sight. “It was MY party.”

 

“—And you’ll come if you want to?” Brian finished, brow arched.

 

“That depends on you,” Justin husked, just about done with all of this talking. “Put it in your mouth.”

 

He listened, and Justin sighed at how good it felt. Brian took him in deeply, only bringing his hand around to pump at his shaft once he’d gotten a few good, long sucks in. He worked him with his hand while his mouth trailed down, down, to suck gently at his balls.

 

“God, Brian…”

 

The words did nothing to speed up or to stop the dark-haired man in his efforts. Knuckles pressed into Justin’s perineum, eliciting a delicious groan. “Put your leg over my shoulder,” Brian commanded quietly, mouth free for only the second it took to say it. He helped the blonde along, pushing a foot over his shoulder. In this position, the other man’s heel digging into his back, Brian could explore further back with his fingers. He grinned against flesh at the sound of Justin gasping. “Jesus, why are you so tight? Maybe I should have gotten you a butt plug for your birthday after all.”

 

“I’ve got one.”

 

“Me?”

 

Justin grabbed Brian’s face, strands of brown hair peeking out from between his fingers. “No. Now suck it.”

 

“Well, we all need a selection of sex to—”

 

He couldn’t talk any more after that, because Justin had forced his cock between his audacious lips. The young man watched with slitted eyes and heavy breath, as Brian Kinney went to work.

 

 

 

 

 

“Fuck!”

 

He’d almost come. Twice. An extremely hot and bothered—and admittedly still high—Justin Taylor lifted his head from the duvet to peer down to where his boyfriend was still licking his ass (an ass that was also still smarting from a very outrageous birthday spanking). The older man’s hand was also wrapped firmly around his cock, and nobody was arguing that the combination wasn’t outstanding. But now Justin was left bereft, as Brian was slinking back to kneel, sitting on his heels. “Hey!”

 

“Relax, Cinderella. My Jaw hurts.”

 

“I’ll relax when you fuck me. God Brian I want to come!”

 

The dark haired man laughed softly at that. He’d been teasing Justin since they’d started. Bringing him close, then backing off. Only to repeat the process again and again. After all, what was a good fuck without a proper build up? At the moment, Brian could tell that his lover didn’t exactly see eye to eye with him on this issue. Justin was high as a kite; sweaty and writhing around without finesse. Brian was little better off, with perhaps just a degree more control of himself. That was the way he liked it. When the blonde tried to grab at his dick to get himself off, Brian smacked his hands away. “If you want to jerk something,” he hissed, bringing the captured hand down between his own legs, “then try this.”

 

Justin may have growled, but he didn’t protest when his hand was led away from his body, to Brian’s. The salacious look painted across said man’s face only deepened as Justin took the suggestion in stride. Or, in stroke. He strained to work the other man from his position on his back. But Brian didn’t need much attention to get all the way there. Before he knew it, Justin was being jerked down the bedcovers, until his hips were raised, ass resting comfortably atop the other man’s thighs. “God Brian, not like this.”

 

Ignoring his whine, the older man inclined his head, “Can you reach the table?” He knew Justin wanted to fuck fast, and that this was certainly not the ideal position to do it in. But Brian wanted to enjoy what he had going here. Maybe he’d have to work a little harder at teaching his lover the value of tantric practices, he mused, watching as a pale arm strained towards the bedside table.

 

It turned out that Justin could indeed, reach.  Surrendering the lube and condom, Justin waited for the feel of fingers, slick and persistent. Brian reveled in the look on the younger man’s face as he opened him up. Prep always seemed to frustrate the blonde, but to Brian, it was merely another part of foreplay to enjoy. He loved the way Justin’s breath would catch, before leaving him in the barest of moans; the way his body canted down for more, and how his brow pinched in pleasured distress. He watched it all unfurl before him, the show that he’d seen a hundred times, as he convinced Justin’s body to relax enough for what they both wanted.

 

“Now,” he said, pulling hips further back on top of his thighs, “Don’t rush this, birthday boy.” They were lined up, and then they were together, Justin grunting at the first seconds of pain, and Brian at the pleasure. And when the younger man nodded that he was ready, Brian moved.

 

---