Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

The space shuttle is ready to departure the Space Station and Justin is having a few quite moments with Connor before entering the shuttle.  Brian is watching closely, nevertheless, he isn't able to tell if it's two friends saying goodbye or two lovers.  He has never taken a lover so he isn't sure how much of a public display of affection a lover would exude. 

 

They all drift through the hatch to the shuttle so they can begin orbiting the earth while conducting their allotted experiments.  As they orbit Justin sits in solace with his eyes lowered.  He is looking down at his hand which is holding an object Brian can't see well enough to identify.

 

"Did Connor give you that?  Are you a couple now?"

 

"No."

 

"Are you all right?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"You already miss him; don't you?"

 

"Yeah.  He's a good friend."

 

"Friend."

 

Justin holds up the object in his hand.  It is a cowry shell bracelet.  "You come from Pittsburgh, don't you?"

 

"You know I do."

 

"So do I."

 

"Yeah, I know that."

 

"Have you ever been to Liberty Avenue?  More precisely, have you ever been to a bar called Woody's?"

 

"Yeah, I go there with my friends whenever I'm in The Pitts."

 

"Do you know Mysterious Marilyn?"

 

"Mm, my friends really believe in that shit."

 

"Mysterious Marilyn told me that when I meet the man of my dreams I will know almost instantly and I will give him this.  However, I will only give it to him once I am sure of his feelings for me."  Justin subconsciously starts playing with the bracelet. 

 

"And you wanted to give it to Connor?"

 

"No.  The reason I carry it with me is because I want to give my future man something that has been to outer space with me.  It's my way of letting him know I have been thinking of him even before I meet him in person."

 

"So Connor isn't, The One?  It will be difficult giving one bracelet to Ben and Brandon, maybe you should have bought two.  Or maybe it's Ethan."

 

"Ben and Brandon are exquisite sex partners.  Still, they are not what I'm looking for, and it's definitely not Ethan.  I know he has had a crush on me for the longest time, nevertheless it's not reciprocated."  Justin looks directly at Brian.  Should he come clean and tell Brian that Mysterious Marilyn had actually given him Brian's name, or is it too soon, as he has no idea how Brian really feels about him.  At the beginning of the trip he thought it was even possible Brian disliked him and that is why he had allowed Connor, Ben and Brandon to comfort him on the space station, even if they had thought it was only done as a stress reliever so he could sleep soundly.  He never confided in them that he had just been feeling really low and disappointed about the tension that seemed to be there between Brian and himself at the commencement of the mission.  Hence, those feelings have resulted in him doubting his own intelligence for ever believing in Mysterious Marilyn.   He elects not to tell Brian just yet.

 

The crew conclude the experiments allotted them and Houston has decided before they land the hull should once again be inspected.  Justin and Brian suit up. 

 

The two men examine the hull and images are beamed back to Houston.  The impact site shows no additional damage due to their orbiting.  It has been an extremely short space walk and Brian moves slowly towards Justin.  He embraces him from behind and encircles him with his arms.  Justin closes his eyes and allows himself to enjoy a moment basking in this man's essence. 

 

Justin opens his eyes and is heard through Brian's earphones in his snoopy cap.

"Star light, Star bright,

First star I see tonight;

I wish I may, I wish I might,

Oh, it's just a satellite."

 

Both men laugh.  Yet they laugh even harder when they realize it's actually one of the satellites they had deployed before docking at the Space Station.  Brian loves the fact Justin hasn't pulled, or more accurately pushed away from him, so after a few more moments of an experience they will never have again, Brian makes a decision.

 

"I didn't think this mission could possibly be successful."  Justin doesn't turn around at Brian's words; he just listens thought the earpieces. 

 

"Why not?"

 

"Not NASA's mission.  My mission.  I thought I was too late.  By waiting for this opportunity to join your crew and finally meet you, I believed I had waited too long.  I thought you were in love with Connor, and the tension between us only appeared to make that even more realistic."  Brian takes a deep breath as he isn't used to baring his soul.

 

"The tension was palatable wasn't it?  Hindsight is a wonderful thing Brian.  I'd say that was sexual tension oozing from both of us and you know the only way to get rid of such tension don't you?"

 

"I'm not looking for a one time fuck here Justin."  Justin gasps, as Brian pauses to take a breath.  "Mysterious Marilyn gave me your name."  Brian waits.  Justin turns in his arms.  He breaks into his beautiful Sunshine smile from which his call sign was chosen.  Although the astronauts see a sunrise every ninety minutes while orbiting earth Brian has never seen anything as beautiful as this scene before him.  A back drop of the earth and Sunshine in the shape of this gorgeous man beaming in front of him.  "I had an ulterior motive when I asked to be placed on your crew.  I wanted to know if our future together is written in the stars."  Both men look around as if they are literally looking for something written in the stars.  The silliness is short lived.  Justin reaches out and places his gloved hands on each side of Brian's helmet.  He would love to devour this man right here and now, however, that's not possible and his lower torso assembly, the large size one, is becoming really tight so he speaks, trying desperately to get his blood supply back to his brain.

 

"You asked to be placed on my crew?  You know I requested you as Mysterious Marilyn gave me your name too."  Both men try to register this thought coherently as they look lovingly in to each other's eyes.  Justin is trying really hard to change the atmosphere between the two of them; otherwise they will die in space ripping off each other's clothes.  "So, Mysterious Marilyn.  How do we repay such insight?"

 

Brian finds his voice, which immediately stops the intense sexual heat between the men, effectively killing the mood and saving both their lives.  The next two words he utters make his lower torso assembly, also the large size one, loose once more.  "Adult diapers.  Apparently it's a fetish.  I promised I would supplier a box of them if my mission was successful."

 

 

To keep with the theme of the ‘Come Fly with B' series, you get to choose your ending.

 

Ending A

Although they don't need rings and vows to know how they feel about each other Brian does become the recipient of Justin's cowry shell bracelet, and he wears it thinking there couldn't possibly be a happier man in the universe.  Any universe that is; and although they have never gone to outer space again they are content within themselves knowing they are together for their one free trip around the sun each year.

 

Ending B

After several attempts to find a knock, knock joke the crew appreciated enough to allow them back in to the shuttle Brian and Justin immediately began some unauthorised experiments.  They experiment on suction, bodily fluids, docking procedures, touchdown with touch base, entry, re-entry and much to Brian's surprise, maximum absorption garment play.

 

Since the two endings are NOT mutually exclusive you get a third choice.

Ending C

Both endings B and A.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Leaf

Leaf who?

Leaf a review please if you enjoyed the silliness.