Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

"Commander Justin Taylor requesting docking procedures to commence."

 

"Ah, they have sent us some Sunshine.  Commence docking procedures, Sunshine."

 

"My Pilot and 2IC for this mission, Brian Kinney, The Stud, will take the controls."  Justin has heard of Brian's prowess with all types of joysticks and has complete faith in him with this one.   One crew member in particular has regaled him with rumours about 'The Stud' and he has been quick to use the man's call sign which apparently is very apt.

 

They are docking at the International Space Station (ISS) to collect a passenger who requires a ride back to earth.  The Shuttle crews normally consist of seven astronauts; however, for an occasion such as this they have room for one more person.  They are picking up an Engineer, Howard Wolowitz, who has just installed a new toilet system on the Space Station.  Once docking procedures are successfully the crew gather around the hatch waiting for it to open.  Justin knocks on the outer hatch.  He knows they are undertaking procedures that will take another minute or two, so they occupy themselves in the usual way.

 

"Knock, knock."  He speaks as he does the action.

 

"Who's there?"  Comes from a voice on the Space Station.

 

"What!  You've forgotten me already."

 

"Knock, knock."  Another of Justin's crew takes up the gag.

 

"Who's there?"  Comes from the Space Station.

 

"Costas."

 

"Costas who?"

 

"Costas a fortune to get here, can we come in?"

 

"Knock, knock."  Another crew member has a turn.

 

"Who's there?"  Again comes from the Space Station.

 

"Nobel."

 

"Nobel who?"

 

"No bell, that's why we knocked."

 

"Knock, knock."  The international space station crew are ready to open the hatch so they knock while saying the words to make Justin and his crew aware of this. 

 

"Who's there?"  Justin replies.

 

"Consumption."

 

"Consumption who?"

 

"Consumption be done about these terrible knock, knock jokes.

 

Welcome aboard."  A group verbal greeting is offered to Justin's crew as they float through the hatch to the ISS.  Brian is surprised as the Space Station crew member, whose voice they had been hearing and the person who opened the hatch, enthusiastically hugs and kisses Justin as they address each other in what appears to be a familiar manner.   This greeting somehow explains Justin's knock, knock joke, and backs up the information he has heard about Justin not being a one fuck policy kind of guy, like he is.  He is unsure of how he should greet this individual as the rest of the crew were welcomed with a handshake only.   As it is he didn't have to ponder long as a hand is thrust in front of him.  Brian shakes the offered hand and is well aware of why he has taken an instant dislike to this man. 

 

Justin quickly becomes all business like and the task of moving items from the shuttle to the space station commences.  Just as that is completed any items to be returned to earth are placed in the shuttle.  Justin then announces his crew should stand down and relax.  They will rest on the Space Station before beginning their orbit to conduct the experiments they have been allotted before re-entry.

 

Unexpectedly alarms begin to ring.  All hands congregate in the Central Post Module of the Space Station as this is where any analysis of what has taken place will be conducted.  As the information flashes across the computer screen it is quickly surmised that the shuttle has been hit by space debris.  Although there is no obvious signs of damage it doesn't mean to say there is none.  Re-entry could be deadly if they are not able to detect specific minor damage. 

 

Justin's decision is swift.  All crew members will rest, and then he will suit up and begin what will be a slow tedious process of walking over the hull looking for damage.   The risk factor to an astronaut increases immensely once they exit the shuttle or Space Station and he wouldn't ask his crew to do anything he isn't willing to do himself.  He takes their safety very seriously and wants to know that every nook and cranny is inspected.  Thus, he is allowing himself the luxury of taking on the dangerous task as he has another Commander aboard that can see his men home safety if something should happen to him.  Their time on the ISS has now become at Justin's discretion.  Therefore, they will be there until Justin deems it is safe to depart.

 

All the crew begin to disperse and Brian decides to follow Justin.  He is quite familiar with the ISS as he has docked here several times on previous missions, but he wants to spend a little time with Justin without the others in close proximity.  There seems to be a flaw in his plan as the ISS astronaut who had hugged and kissed Justin as a greeting and then introduced himself as Connor is following behind Justin very closely.  Brian halts his forward movement and watches as they close the hatch and disappear into the Japanese Laboratory, which is not being used by the current ISS crew.  He really doesn't like this Connor person.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but nice reviews are even better.  LOL's are my favourites.