Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad

Chapter 98

When Justin got home Alice was just putting the finished deviled eggs into the refrigerator. She told him she had aired out the big guest room for Daphne’s use. Justin gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Have a great time with Linda and Scott and the kids. I can finish up dinner. You go get your packing done so you and Charlie can get an early start in the morning.”

With a smile and another hug for Justin, Alice left. Justin went to the study to call Anabel Harper and tell her that Megan was not a good match as a surrogate.

Anabel was surprised by Megan’s appearance and attitude at lunch. She said Megan’s husband had been supportive of her first surrogacy and she wondered if they were having trouble in their marriage.

Anabel said she had a couple other possibilities in mind and would contact another surrogate about meeting with Justin and Brian.

The next morning Brian was delighted when Justin joined him for a morning shower and fuck. Justin headed down to the kitchen while Bran got dressed. When Brian got downstairs Justin, John and Peter were chatting in the kitchen while they ate breakfast.

Brian gave Justin a quick kiss. “I see it wasn’t just for me that you got out of bed early.”

Justin chuckled. “It is just a little sad that you would be jealous of your own nephews.”

Brian frowned as John & Peter laughed. Justin looked a Brian with a huge smile on his face and Brian was unable to keep frowning. When Brian took time to think about the influence Justin had over him it almost scared him but it was also the source of a great amount of happiness so he usually just accepted it without too much introspection.

Once Justin saw Brian off to work and the boys off to school he started to cut up some of the ingredients for his Jambalaya before he had to go to the airport to pick up Daphne.

At 11:30 Justin was waiting in the land side terminal by the shuttle train exit. He watched for Daphne each time a train arrived from the air side terminal where the planes arrived. He spotted Daphne and got a big smile on his face. Daphne saw Justin waiting and gave him a wave.

Once she was clear of the train arrival area Daphne ran over and threw herself into Justin’s open arms. He spun her around as they both laughed. An older woman patted Daphne’s arms.

“You’re very lucky my dear to have a boyfriend so happy to see you.”

That remark made Justin and Daphne laugh harder as the woman walked away. Holding hands the friends walked to the baggage claim area.

On the way back home Justin stopped in town. First they went to the butcher. As they walked through the door the man behind the counter smiled.

“Hi Justin! I have your order all ready for you. Did Alice and Charlie get an early start this morning?”

Justin chuckled. “Hi Frank. Their car was gone before I got out of bed so it looks like it was an early start.”

Frank brought two large bags out from behind the counter and was introduced to Daphne as he handed her a bag.

They put the butcher bags in Justin’s SUV before walking down the street to the seafood shop.

The walked into the seafood shop and again the man behind the counter gave them a big smile.

“Hi Justin. I’ve got everything ready for you. Alice told me you would be coming in around this time. This must be your friend Daphne.”

“Hi Bob. Yes this is Daphne. As Alice probably already told you, we have known each other almost our whole lives.”

“Alice did mention that. Hope she and Charlie have a good trip. I’m sure they’ll enjoy spending time with their grandkids.”

Justin agreed and Bob produced one large bag. Justin thanked Bob. Daphne is surprised by the workers in both these stores knowing Justin by name. After the seafood store Justin & Daphne walked back to the car and drove home.

When they got to the house, Justin carried Daphne’s suitcase up to the guest room. He left her alone to “freshen up” and went down to the kitchen. He put away the meat and fish for tomorrow’s barbeque and started to cut up some salad ingredients.

Daphne reappeared in comfortable clothes. She got herself a bottle of water from the refrigerator and sat on a stool at the kitchen counter.

“I thought we’d have a salad for lunch. Alice made a couple of those chicken breasts you like marinated in lime and tequila.”

Daphne smiled. “That sounds perfect. Alice never forgets anything does she?

Justin shook his head and smiled as he pushed a cucumber and knife across the counter for Daphne to cut up. After lunch they talked and laughed while Justin worked on his jambalaya until it was time for Justin to go and pick up the boys at school.

At Washington Academy Peter & Josh were standing with a group of friends when Justin pulled up. Peter called to John who was talking with Patrice Anton and her brother Bill by the school doors. Justin smiled but made up his mind not to say anything to John.

Peter & Josh climbed into the back seat and John got in the passenger seat beside Justin. As Justin made his way off the school grounds Peter spoke up.

“Uncle Justin. Josh’s Mom has to go to a business dinner tonight and his Dad has to work late. Can Josh come home with us and stay overnight? We can help get ready for the barbeque tomorrow.”

“Josh can come home with us but I’ll have to talk to his Mom or Dad about him spending the night.”

Josh chimed in. “They won’t care as long as it is okay with you and Uncle Brian.”

John groaned. Do I get a vote? I’m the one that will have to put up with them carrying on all night.”

Justin chuckled. “I’ll take that in to account when I make a final decision.”

Peter wasn’t sure if Uncle Justin was kidding or not but was annoyed by his brother’s comment.

“At least Josh and I won’t be getting into the whiskey like you and Patrick did.”

An angry John turned in his seat to give his brother a dirty look.

Justin spoke up. “Peter! You know that is not something that is supposed to be brought up. That incident is over and it is certainly not your place to resurrect it. Don’t give me a reason to take Josh home now. Apologize to your brother.”

“I’m sorry John. You just made me angry but I shouldn’t have brought up you and Patrick drinking.”

John shrugged. “It’s okay. I shouldn’t have said anything about Josh staying overnight.”

Justin glanced in the rear view mirror at a nervous looking Josh. He smiled.

“Well I’m glad we are all friends again. I’ll call Josh’s parents when we get home.”

Daphne was stirring the jambalaya when the boys and Justin came through the door. Josh was telling Uncle Justin that he should call his Mom since his Dad was working the lab and couldn’t be disturbed. Peter was telling him that Josh could wear some of his clothes and that he had a swimsuit in the pool house for tomorrow. John was rolling his eyes.

Justin told them to take their school stuff upstairs and to change out of their school clothes. He called Mary Gardner who said that Bill would be home by 7PM so there was no reason that Josh had to stay overnight. Justin told her that is was no problem for Josh to stay and he could help get things set up in the morning. Mary agreed to her son staying and said she would text Bill to let him know.

When Justin got off the phone Daphne was looking at him and shaking her head in amazement.

“What’s up Daph?”

“I just can’t get over what an adult you have become. I mean you are like a Dad to John and Peter, you have store owners that call you by name and you and Brian are in this really great relationship. I feel like I am still trying to figure things out and you have your life in order. It’s amazing!”

Justin got a big smile on his face. “Sometimes I can’t believe my life. I’m always so glad when you visit and we can pretend to be silly teenagers again!”

A couple hours later Justin and Daphne were sitting at the counter having a glass of wine and laughing when Gus burst into the room.

“Hi Papa. Hi Aunt Daphne. Daddy was right!”

Brian came through the door to the garage with a smirk on his face. Justin pulled Gus into a hug and gave him a kiss.

“What is Daddy right about?”

“He said that you and Aunt Daphne would be laughing. He said the two of you laugh all the time.”

Justin frowned at Brian over Gus’s head. “Sometimes Daddy thinks he knows everything.”

Gus giggled. “Guess what happened today at school Papa?”

“What happened Little Man?”

“We had an art class and the teacher told me my shading was excellent. She asked me who taught me how to do shading. I told her that my Papa taught me and that you are an artist.”

Justin smiled, pleased that Gus was so happy. “I’m glad you did so well in art.”

Gus nodded his head with a big smile on his face.

“The art teacher asked me what your name was. When I told her she knew who you were and she said you were very talented and I was lucky that you were teaching me about art stuff. Isn’t that awesome!”

“That is really awesome!”

A very happy Gus moved on to Daphne to give her a hug. Brian told him to take his stuff upstairs and change into some play clothes. As Gus darted out of the kitchen both Brian and Justin called after him not to run on the stairs. Daphne laughed.

Brian came over to give Justin a kiss and looked over at Daphne. “I’m glad that we amuse you.”

“No one amuses me more.”

Brian just snorted as he left the room to go upstairs and change his clothes. Daphne called after him to not run on the stairs which made Justin burst into laughter.

Jennifer and Tucker arrived in time for dinner. All four boys made a big fuss over Grandmom Jen. Justin smiled at how pleased his mother was with all the attention.
Jennifer asked Daphne if her parents were coming to the barbeque. Daphne told her she thought so but they were freaking out over having to drive “all the way to Washington” and “finding the house out in the country”. Jennifer smiled and said she would call the Chanders and let them know she and Tucker would pick them up and take them home after the barbeque.

Dinner conversation was lively with Gus, Peter & John all competing to relate what happened in school. Daphne was fascinated that Justin handled most of the conversation with the boys but Brian did chime in on occasion. Jennifer noticed Daphne’s interest in the dinner conversation. She leaned over to her and whispered in her ear.

“Not really the Brian we have all gotten used it over the years.”

A wide eyed Daphne nodded her head. Tucker, in full teacher mode, entered the conversation to ask the boys about their studies. Brian seems relieved by the change in the conversations direction.

***********************************************************************************

At lunch on Friday Tom asks Lindsay if she would like to go out for an early dinner after school. Lindsay is thrilled to accept and insists that they go Dutch.
They go to a local restaurant for dinner and joke about being there with all the senior citizens for the early bird specials. After dinner they go in to the restaurant’s bar and have a couple drinks before Tom drives Lindsay to her parents’ house.

Lindsay suggests they get together the next afternoon if Tom doesn’t have anything planned. Tom happily agrees and says he will pick up Lindsay around one o’clock. When Tom pulls up at the house Lindsay turns in her seat before getting out and they kiss briefly and then again for a longer time. A smiling Lindsay walks up the path to the front door and turns and waves to Tom before going in the house.

*************************************************************************************

The next morning everyone is up early and Justin hands out assignments at breakfast. Daphne is included in assignment of tasks. When she protests that she is a guest Justin just laughs and ignores the comment.

Around noon the first guests arrive, it is Debbie & Carl along with Michael, Ben & JR. Much to Michael’s annoyance JR rushes to Uncle Jus for a hug and kiss. Debbie is delighted to see Daphne and envelopes her in one of her signature hugs which leaves Daphne a little short of breath.

Next to arrive were the O’Briens. Kevin raced over to Brian and gives him a hug around his knees.

“Hi Uncle Brian. Thanks for inviting us that was very polite of you! Where’s Gus?”

Brian smiles down at the little boy. “I’m glad you were able to come. Gus is in the house.”

Gus observed the arrival of his friend and came running out the patio doors. Both boys squeal as they ran at each other at top speed. They were able to stop before knocking each other over and give each other a hug. Gus took the lead.

“Come on in the kitchen with me. I’m helping Aunt Daphne make dip for the vegetables. You can help too.”

Kevin grabbed Gus’s hands and both boys headed back to the kitchen at top speed just as Patrick, Greg and Roxanne walked up to Brian.

Roxanne gave Brian a hug. Brian smiled and looked at Patrick. “John, Peter and Josh are down in the game room. Go ahead down and tell them it is time to come up and enjoy the great outdoors.”

Patrick thanked him and made his way into the house. The other guests arrived quickly and the party was in full swing.

Jennifer, Debbie, Viola and Mrs Chanders sat in a circle with a pitcher of Sangria on the table in the middle of the circle. Tucker, Rusty, Ben and Bill Gardner were busy discussing academia. JR and Nina were paddling around the shallow end of the pool carefully watched over by Ted and Michael. Mary & Roxanne soaked in the hot tub while Roxanne kept her eye on Gus and Kevin who were in the pool having a catch with John and Patrick. Josh & Peter were taking turns doing somersaults off the diving board.

Brian, Greg, Mr Chanders, Cynthia and her man on the month were chatting together over near the house. Justin, Blake, Emmett and Daphne were standing in a circle gossiping and laughing. Daphne was facing the gate to the driveway and was the first person to see Lindsay and Tom come through the gate.

The shock on Daphne’s face caused Justin to turn around. He quickly replaced the initial shocked expression on his face with a smile. He glanced quickly at Brian whose expression was not happy. Justin turned towards Lindsay and Tom and started to walk towards them.

Jennifer has quickly observed the situation and as Brian started to move towards the gate she quickly got up and intercepted him. She put her hand on Brian’s arm which made him stop and look at her.

“Sweetheart, let Justin handle this. It will upset Gus if you and Lindsay argue.”

Jennifer understood Brian very well and knew just what to say to stop him from confronting Lindsay.

“Brian just go back to your conversation. Don’t give her the satisfaction of knowing she upset you. Justin will handle her with his “country club” manners. I’ve taught him well.”

That had the desired effect of making Brian smile. He nodded at Jennifer.

“I think you may be correct Mother Taylor.”

Jennifer smacked him lightly on the arm as Brian walked back to the group he had been talking to. Jennifer gave a quick look at Cynthia who nodded with a small smile. Two of the women who knew Brian best communicated their team effort to keep him calm.

Meanwhile Justin walked up to Lindsay and her companion with a smile fixed on his face.

“Linds! What a nice surprise. I’m so glad you could come by today.”

Lindsay looked around the patio area and saw everyone carefully not looking her way. The exceptions were Jennifer and Cynthia and neither had anything that could be called a welcoming look on their faces.

“Justin, this is my friend Tom Bracken. We teach at the same school. Michael told me everyone would be here for a barbeque today. I thought it would be a good time to see Gus and JR.”

As if he had heard his name Gus ran up.

“Hi Mommy! I didn’t know you would be here today. Are you going to come and watch me swim?”

“I sure am Sweetie Pie. This is my friend Mr Bracken.”

The perfect little gentleman Gus held out his hand. “Hello. It is nice to meet you.”

Tom smiled. “Nice to meet you Gus.”

Justin turned to Tom. “Why don’t we get you something to drink while Lindsay checks out the kids in the pool?”

Justin led the way to the pool house where the wine and beer were kept. Tom was extremely ill at ease. Lindsay had asked him to drive her here to see her son. He assumed they were expected and never thought for a moment that they would be crashing a party.

“I had no idea you were having a party. Lindsay told me she just wanted to stop off and see her son. I thought she had arranged it with his father.”

Justin smiled. “I’m not sure what Lindsay has told you. I’m Justin Taylor, I Gus’s father’s partner. His father, Brian Kinney, is over there in the group by the house.”

Brian chose that moment to glance over at the pool house. Justin smiled and waved at him. Brian grimaced and turned back to the conversation.

“Lindsay did tell me that you and Brian lived together. I’m really sorry about just kind of showing up here without any notice. It’s pretty embarrassing. I don’t even know Lindsay that well.”

“Well sounds like you could use a drink. We have everything, what would you like.”

Tom asked for a beer and when Justin opened the refrigerator he grabbed a bottle. Justin felt sorry for him. Lindsay was over at the pool talking with Gus and JR while a clearly uncomfortable Ted distracted Nina and Michael stayed by JR and seemed okay with chatting with Lindsay. Lindsay did her best to ignore Kevin which naturally incensed Roxanne observing from the hot tub. Justin saw his Mother and Debbie talking and Debbie got up and started towards the pool. Jennifer looked over at Justin and shrugged.

“Tom you shouldn’t feel embarrassed. This is mostly our family and we all know and understand Lindsay.”

Tom looked around at the diverse group and looked a little confused.

“Our family is kind of a chosen group not one linked by blood for the most part. My Mother is over there in the group of older women and two of the older boys in the pool are Brian’s nephews who live with us. Pretty much everyone else is part of the chosen part of the family or close friends.”

Daphne appeared at the pool house door.

“Everything okay in here?”

Justin chuckled. “Everything is fine. Tom this is my best friend since childhood, Daphne. She is in medical school in New York and is visiting us for the weekend. Daph, this is Tom Bracken. He teaches at the same school as Lindsay.”

Tom and Daphne shook hands. Justin suggested they go back out and join the others. When they got back to the group where Justin had been standing when Lindsay and Tom arrived Justin introduced Tom.

“This is Tom Bracken, he teaches with Lindsay. Tom this is Blake. His partner is Ted who is over in the pool with their little girl Nina. Nina’s grandmother is sitting over there with my Mom and Daphne’s Mom. This is Emmett, one of my very best friends, his boyfriend Rusty is over there talking with those men.”

Daphne added. “The hunkiest man in that group is Tucker. He is Justin’s mother’s trophy boyfriend.”

Everyone laughed, except Justin who frowned at his friend. She just shook her head.

“Justin it’s true you have to get over it.”

Emmett joined in the teasing.

“God knows he is really hunky. Your Mom is one lucky woman.”

Blake tried to make it a little better for Justin.

“Tucker is really a nice guy and I think he and Jennifer seem very happy together. It’s not like he’s her boy toy.”

Emmett rolled his eyes.

“Well maybe not just a boy toy. He is a really nice guy. Justin, if Tucker and Jennifer get married will you call him Daddy?”

Tom couldn’t help chuckling along with the other members of the group. Justin had an aggrieved expression on his face.

“And these buttheads are supposedly my best friends.”

The group continued to chat and tried their best to make Tom more comfortable but their efforts were unsuccessful. Tom excused himself and walked over to where Lindsay was standing by the pool. Both Gus and JR had returned to playing with their friends. Debbie was talking to Lindsay as Tom walked up. He heard her say. “You need to get yourself together and start paying attention to your responsibilities.”

Lindsay was turning away from Debbie as Tom walked up. She smiled at him but he did not smile back.

“Lindsay I’d like to go now.”

“But I haven’t even had a chance to talk to Brian.”

“It doesn’t seem to me that Brian or anyone else here is all that anxious to talk with you. I don’t appreciate you putting me in this situation.”

Lindsay frowned. “What did Justin say to you? You can’t believe anything he say. He is so jealous of my relationship with Brian. I’m sorry if he said anything to offend you.”

“Justin and his friends were all very nice to me. I’m embarrassed because it is obvious we were not invited here and I want to leave now.”

“This house belongs to one of my oldest friends, the father of my son. Justin Taylor doesn’t decide who can visit this house!”

Debbie had continued to stand beside Lindsay. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Lindsay you know very well that this house belongs to both Brian and Justin. Your friend just told you that Justin tried to make him feel comfortable. You are the one creating an issue here not anyone else.”

Jennifer was watching the activity in and out of the pool and noticed that Gus was starting to pay careful attention to the conversations on the side of the pool. She stood up and walked over to where Debbie and Lindsay were talking. Jennifer smiled at Tom.

“Hello. I’m Jennifer Taylor, Justin’s Mother.”

She extended her hand and Tom shook it.

“Justin pointed you out to me. I’m Tom Bracken I teach at the same school as Lindsay.”

“It’s nice to meet you. I hope you can stay for our late lunch or early dinner, I’m not sure which it is. Brian should start to grill soon.”

“I really think we need to be going. I have plans for later tonight.”

Jennifer nodded and turned her attention to Lindsay and gently put her hand on Lindsay’s arm.

“Lindsay dear. I’m not sure what you and Debbie have been discussing but Gus has started to pay you quite a bit of attention. Let’s move away from the pool shall we.”

Lindsay turned and saw Gus paying no attention to the ball game going on around him and instead closely examining her. She waved at him with a smile.

“Sweetie, go on with your game. Mommy and Debbie are just talking.”

Gus looked unconvinced but John threw the ball in his direction and Gus was back in the game of catch.

Jennifer walked away from the pool with her hand still on Lindsay’s arm. Lindsay walked with her to avoid a scene. She noticed that everyone seemed to be watching her interaction with Debbie and Jennifer.

Tom spoke up again. “Lindsay, we really need to leave.”

Lindsay nodded at him and pulled away from Jennifer.

“I’ll just say good bye to the children.”

She walked back to the edge of the pool and called to Gus and JR.

“Give me a kiss good bye. Mommy and her friend have to be going, we have other plans.”

Gus and JR came to the side of the pool and Lindsay gave them each a pat on the head and a kiss good bye. On her way back to Tom she announced.

“Good bye everyone. Sorry we can’t stay but Tom and I have other plans.”

Brian turned to glare at her and a few others waved good bye. Justin walked over to where Lindsay and Tom were standing.

“I’m sorry you can’t stay. We have plenty of food. You are welcome to join us for dinner.”

Tom smiled at Justin. “Thank you but we have to be going. I have plans for later this evening. I need to get Lindsay home.”

Lindsay said nothing but followed Tom out the gate to the driveway.

As soon as Lindsay and Tom were out the gate Brian came over to Justin.

“What the fuck was that all about?”

Justin shrugged. “I’m not really sure but I don’t think Lindsay will be seeing much of Tom. He seemed really upset about barging in here.”

Justin put his hands on Brian’s shoulders and reached up to give him a kiss.

“I think it is time you get the coals started. I’m going to put the salmon in the oven.”

Brian smirked at his partner. “Yes Dear!”

When Brian went into the pool house to make up his “secret” charcoal mixture Greg hurried over to Justin.

“I’m not sure exactly what went on but I know Brian was upset. It is no problem for us to leave. I can let Bill and Mary know to leave as well. It might be best for just your family to be here.”

Justin shook his head.

“That is really nice of you to offer but it is fine for you to be here. You really are part of the family now. If I sent Kevin home my Mom would be furious. It will make Brian more upset if you guys left. Lindsay is just something we have to deal with. We don’t want Gus to think his mother isn’t welcome here. He’s confused enough by her actions.”

Greg gave Justin a quick hug and walked over to the hot tub where Roxanne and Mary were anxiously watching him. Justin smiled and gave them a wave. Next Debbie came over to Justin.

“Sunshine, I want you to know it was Michael who told Lindsay about this barbeque but he didn’t invite her. He was just trying to set up a time for JR to see her Mommy and told Lindsay today was not good for him and Ben. He’s worried you and Brian will blame him for Lindsay showing up today.”

Justin chuckled. “I imagine Michael is way more concerned about upsetting Brian rather than me. Tell him not to worry this was a Lindsay thing from beginning to end. I feel sorry for that poor guy she got to bring her here. He seemed pretty embarrassed by the whole episode. It’s over now, the important thing is for NO ONE to mention it to Brian.”

Debbie nodded and Justin gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

While Brian grilled the meat Jennifer, Debbie and Viola organized the rest of the meal. Since it was late in the summer and the yellow jackets were in abundance this time of year they decided dinner should be served and eaten indoors.

Justin directed John, Patrick, Peter & Josh in setting up some tables in the kitchen and family room area which necessitated rearranging some furniture. Brian loaded the grilled meat on a huge platter and Justin took the baked salmon out of the oven and dinner was served.

Jennifer chose a card table to sit at. Gus and Kevin quickly made their way to the same table. Roxanne and Mary squeezed in at that table. Roxanne was anxious to monitor what Kevin ate.

Before he began to eat Kevin turned his attention to Jennifer.

“Paulette, my friend at school, told us she stayed overnight at her Grandmother’s house last weekend and they did a lot of fun stuff together. She had a really good time. Can I come to stay at your house sometime Grandmom Jen?”

Rozanne almost choked as she quickly spoke up.

“Kevin! You know better than to invite yourself to someone’s house.”

Jennifer laughed. “I think that sounds like a great idea Kevin. I think you and Gus should come stay with me and Tucker next Saturday.”

Gus yelled. “Yeah!” He and Kevin high fived across the table.

Brian was sitting on the other side of the room.

“What’s going on over there Sonny Boy?”

“Daddy this is so awesome! Kevin and I are going to stay overnight with Grandmom Jen and Tucker next Saturday.”

“Wow, does Grandmom Jen know what she is letting herself in for?”

Jennifer had raised eyebrows.

“For your information Brian Kinney I have more experience than you have with children. We will have a wonderful time together next Saturday.”

Roxanne wasn’t so sure.

“Jennifer, Kevin has never spent overnight at someone’s house. I’m not sure how he cope with that.”
“Roxanne you may be evicted from this table to go over with that other naysayer. Kevin will have Gus for company and this is his idea. I’m sure everything will be fine.”

Kevin frowned at his mother.

“Mommy, you know I’m not a little baby anymore. I want to go to Grandmom Jen’s house!”

The surprised look on Roxanne’s face made Jennifer and Mary laugh. Gus and Kevin joined in the laughter without really understanding why they were all laughing.

Once everyone had left and Gus was put to bed, Brian and Justin were relaxing in the hot tub. Brian was being very quiet. Justin leaned against him.

“Everything turned out fine, stop obsessing.”

Brian smiled at his favorite blonde.

“I’m just envisioning Lindsay showing up unexpectedly for the rest of our lives.”

“I don’t think that will happen but even if it does we’ll deal with it just like we did today.”

Brian shook his head.

“It isn’t just us. I’m afraid she is going to screw up Gus. He is such a great kid and his mother is going to mess up his head.”

Justin put his hand on Brian’s check and turned his face towards him. He stared intently in Brian’s beautiful eyes.

“We will NOT let that happen! Together we can overcome any obstacle and we will keep Gus safe and happy and able to deal with Lindsay’s antics.”

Brian chuckled.

“Well I know better that to argue with you. Let’s go upstairs and fuck until we can’t even remember Lindsay.”

Justin got a sunshine smile. “Sounds good to me.”

The two men quickly climbed out of the hot tub and ran upstairs.

*************************************************************************************

Tom drove away from Brian and Justin’s house in complete silence. Lindsay chewed on a thumbnail and looked out her window. Finally she spoke.

“I’m sorry you are upset.”

Tom stayed silent for a few moments.

“I’m sorry you put me in that embarrassing situation. I can’t figure out what you were trying to accomplish. Who were you trying to piss off? Me or someone at that barbeque.”

“I just wanted to visit with Gus and JR. I knew they would both be there. I wasn’t expecting everyone to act so oddly.”

“I really have a hard time believing that. I don’t understand your thought process. I think you have to work on getting your life in order before we spend any more time together.”

Tom was a little frightened by the look on Lindsay face.

“That is fine with me. Please just take me home now.”

There was uninterrupted silence for the rest of the car trip. When Tom pulled up to the Petersons’ house Lindsay got out without saying good bye. Tom drove away shaking his head in amazement.

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry I didn't get this chapter posted in 2015. 

Best wishes to everyone for a great 2016!