Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad

Chapter 7

Everyone was quiet after the departure of Ben & Michael. Justin could sense how annoyed and upset Brian was by Michael’s behavior. Blake & Ted seemed really uncomfortable and unsure what to do or say but Emmett did a little eye roll and smiled. “I guess now that Michael left someone else will have to lead the conversation.” Everyone, including Brian laughed.

Justin suggested that since the sun had gone down and the temperature had dropped it might be better to have dessert in the house. Brian & Ted pulled the cover over the pool while Emmett and Justin loaded the pool house dishwasher.

Blake carried the patio furniture cushions inside. He asked Justin. “Is there somewhere special these go or should I just stack them on the floor?” Justin laughed. “Blake, you are in the home of the obsessively neat Brian Kinney, the a place for everything and everything in its place Brian Kinney. Those cushions go in the specifically designed closet back by the bathrooms!”

Brian & Ted walked into the pool house during Justin’s explanation. “Well Sunshine, I’m glad you know that everything should be in its place even though you rarely put things in their correct place.”

“Brian, I am just trying to curb your OCD tendencies before you become too neurotic. Now let’s go in the house and have our dessert.” Brian smirked but put his arm around Justin waist as the friends headed into the kitchen.

Dessert conversation was light and deliberately no one mentioned Michael or his behavior. About an hour later Ted & Blake decided to head home. Justin convinced Emmett to stick with their original plan and spend the night. He said he would take Emmett back to the city the next day. Blake said to let him & Ted know if they wanted to meet at the diner for breakfast or lunch.

Justin opened a new bottle of wine and topped off his glass & Emmett’s. “Em, I bought a movie with just you in mind. I’ve waited to watch it until I could do it with you. What do you think about us watching Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?”

Emmett shrieked “Joan and Bette together in one of the greatest bitch-fests ever. Oh Baby that sounds perfect!” Brian just rolled his eyes and followed the two excited friends into the media room.

Justin and Emmett had each seen the movie many times and their speaking the lines along with the actresses kept Brian amused. When they screamed along with Bette Davis “BUT YOU ARE STILL IN THAT CHAIR BLANCHE!” All three men laughed so much Justin had to pause the movie while they recovered enough to keep watching.

Brian took that opportunity to depart. “You boys enjoy your movie. I’m going to go upstairs and read for a while.”

He went over to Justin and gave him a quick kiss. “Later.” Justin smiled and replied “Later”.

Once Brian left Emmett felt safe in talking about his romantic turmoils while they continued to watch the movie. Once the bottle of wine was emptied they switched to water, Emmett had a good cry on Justin’s shoulder and by the end of their evening he felt better. Justin didn’t have any answers for his friend but was a good listener and made all the appropriate sympathetic responses. Since Emmett had a meeting with customers to go over final plans for their twin girls’ sixteenth birthday party, he didn’t want to stay up too late. It was just after midnight when they went upstairs. Emmett to the “big guest room” and Justin to the Master bedroom where Brian was waiting for a couple sessions of lovemaking before they drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Emmett and Brian were having coffee in the kitchen when Justin came downstairs. Brian was surprised to see his partner recently showered and fully dressed. “Sunshine I can hardly believe you are up and about so early.”

Justin took the mug of coffee that Brain poured for him and gave him a good morning kiss. “Well I woke up and you were gone. I waited for my morning coffee to be delivered and when that didn’t happen I decided to take my shower alone and got dressed.”

Brian frowned. “I was just being a good host, didn’t want to leave our guest all alone.” Justin gave a quick laugh. “That was very nice of you but now you are looking a little sad. I thought Emmett and I could have breakfast at the diner. Want to go with us?”

Brian shook his head. “I think I’ll just stay here and do some work on the Brown presentation. That has to be ready for your review before our Thursday meeting.”

Emmett called Ted and made plans to meet up at the diner. Once they were in the car Emmett turned to Justin with a concerned look. “Baby I hope I haven’t caused any problems for you with Brian. He seemed annoyed.”

Justin just smiled. “Don’t worry about it Em, he is just missing his normal weekend morning sex. He’ll survive. This breakfast get together will give him a chance to do some work. If I was home I would be bitching at him for working too hard.”

“What did Brian mean about you having to review stuff for a Kinnetik presentation?” Justin gave a quick laugh before he replied. “That is something that annoys Brian and also makes him feel proud all at the same time. Leo Brown thinks a lot of my artistic abilities and when he signed his last contract renewal he insisted on a clause saying I had to okay all the proposed ads for his account.”

Emmett looked wide eyed at his friend. “Oh my god, that must have driven Brian crazy.”

“Actually Em, I think it pleased him, although he would never admit it. Brian likes me to get involved in Kinnetik stuff and he is almost ridiculously proud of my art work. Leo Brown is one of his most important customers, if not the most important, so the fact that he admires my art makes Brian pretty happy. The Browns are going to be staying with us Thursday night before the big cocktail party at Kinnetik on Friday. Leo bought a couple of my paintings at my last Chicago show for his office. His wife complained that he didn’t buy anything for their house.”

Emmett had been hired by Brian to plan the cocktail party for Kinnetik employees and clients to celebrate the best first quarter the company ever had. ‘You’ll have to point the Browns out to me on Friday.” “I will. Did you notice the painting hanging in the guest room?”

Emmett smiled. “Of course I noticed it. It is amazing but of course I think that about all your work.” Justin blushed as he usually did when a friend praised his art. “I painted that as a gift for Donna Brown. They will be using that guest room so I thought I’d see if she mentions liking it. If she does then I will tell her it is a gift. If she doesn’t say anything about it, I’ll just include it in my next show.”

When they entered the diner they spotted Ted & Blake already seated in a booth. They said they had just gotten there and due to the morning rush Debbie hadn’t even come over to the booth yet. Shortly after Justin & Emmett sat down Debbie appeared coffee pot in hand. “Hello boys. Sunshine I see you got out without Brian. You can tell that asshole for me that I want to talk to him about how upset Michael is with how Brian treated him last night!”

The three other men in the both looked worriedly at Justin waiting for his reaction. “Well Deb you know that Michael was pretty mean to me last night. So I called my mother and told her all about it this morning. She is going to stop by the comic book store his week to holler at Michael.”

Debbie, along with Emmett & Ted, had a shocked look on her face. “Why would Jennifer…” Justin held up his hand. “Why wouldn’t my mother do that for me? Isn’t that what Michael always does, run to you and tell you how mean someone was to him and you get involved in the situation. I figured why shouldn’t I do the same thing?”

Debbie was still trying to get a handle on what Justin was saying to her. Blake had turned away and held the menu up in front of his face, biting his lip to keep from laughing out loud.

“I know how Brian can act and after all Michael and I have done for him, he needs…”

Again Justin interrupted her. “You know I hear all the time about what you did for Brian and I understand all that and I know how grateful Brian is to you. I know how much you have done for me and I’m grateful also. We both love you. What I don’t ever hear so much about is what Brian has done for Michael over the years. I don’t hear too much about Brian helping Michael with his studies and doing his reports so Michael didn’t flunk out of high school. I don’t hear too much about Brian defending Michael from bullies so Michael didn’t get beat up or trapped in a locker on a regular basis. Last night Michael behaved like a real shit at our barbeque. He made everyone uncomfortable and accused me of being jealous of his relationship with Brian and forcing Brian to live a life style he wasn’t comfortable with. Brian called him on his behavior and he has nothing to apologize for. I strongly suggest you drop it.”

Debbie was still too shocked to reply. Ted and Emmett both agreed with Justin about Michael’s behavior. Although she was clearly annoyed Debbie took their orders and headed back to the kitchen. She was unusually quiet when she returned with their food.

Ted looked across at Justin. “Are you sure you should eat that?” Justin smiled. “Deb is too smart to poison me here in front of witnesses; also it would be bad for business to have someone drop dead after eating breakfast.” Emmett hugged Justin. “Well baby, we all still love you.”

When Debbie delivered the check, she surprised them all but leaning over to kiss Justin. “I do love you Sunshine and I’ve always said you have the biggest balls of anyone I know.” She quickly headed back towards the kitchen before Justin could reply. Ted & Emmett looked shocked.

Blake smiled over at Justin. “I’m not sure how often Deb hears the harsh truth. I think it just took her some time to digest what you had to say.” Justin laughed. “I do really love her.”

A few minutes later Michael walked through the diner door. He immediately spotted his friends and headed over to their booth. “Hey Boy Wonder, Brian finally get tired of you leading him around by the nose.”

Justin didn’t even look up. “Michael, its Brian’s cock that I lead him around by and I think that is what really bothers you. I’m sure he is getting a little lonely so I think I’ll be heading home to grab that fabulous cock that is off limits for you.” He handed Emmett some money to pay for his breakfast, pushed past Michael and left.

Emmett was the first to speak. “Michael you really can be a huge butthead.”

Blake shook his head as he looked over at Michael. “I think you need to talk to someone about your obsession with Brian. It is so obvious to everyone else that Brain is totally in love with Justin.”

Michael turned red. “Who cares what you think! You are nothing but some loser drug addict that Ted feels sorry for.”

Ted was out of the booth almost before the words were out of Michael’s mouth. Ted shoved him back against the empty booth across the aisle and leaned down into Michael’s face and screamed. “WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TALK TO BLAKE LIKE THAT. HE’S A LOSER? YOU RUN A COMIC BOOK STORE AND HE HELPS PEOPLE GET THEIR LIVES BACK ON TRACK! Come on Blake we are out of here.”

Debbie hurried to her son’s side. “What is going on?” Emmett handed her their check and the cash to pay it before replying. “Michael just called Blake a “loser drug addict” and Ted objected to that description. It appears that Michael is trying his best to alienate all his friends.” Then he left to join Ted & Blake.

Justin Came through the door from the garage and headed towards the study at the other end of the house. He discarded clothing as he made his way down the hall. Brian called out to him. “Sunshine is that you? Back home already.”

As a naked Justin walked into the Study Brian got a huge smile on his face. “So did you have a nice breakfast with your friends?” Justin nodded his head. “I REALLY missed you!” Justin came over to where Brian was sitting, dropped to his knees, unbuttoned Brian’s jeans and proceeded to give his lover one of his extra special blow jobs.

After kissing and licking his way around Justin’s body, Brian had recharged and he lifted Justin on top of the conference table and fucked him hard with Justin’s loud verbal appreciation. After getting their breath back, Brian & Justin made their way down the hall to the bathroom adjoining the home gym and had a relaxing shower. As they came back into the hallway Brian felt obliged to point out that the hall floor was not the correct place for Justin’s clothes. That earned him a punch in the arm from Justin who headed upstairs leaving his discarded clothes on the floor.

Brian headed back to the study picking up his partner’s clothes along the way. Upstairs Justin put on some sweat pants and a T shirt before heading to his studio. A couple hours later Brian made his way to the studio. Justin greeted him with a kiss that went from welcoming to passionate. Brian kissed his way down Justin’s body, pulling down his sweats and delivered a return blow job.

When he was finished Brian looked up at Justin. “Sunshine, the day didn’t start out the way I like but things have really improved as the day progresses.” Justin came down to his knees to kiss Brian again. “I love you Brian Kinney!”

Brian hugged his partner tightly and murmured in his ear. “Me too!”

A few minutes later Justin’s cell rang. He pulled up his pants and went over to his work table to answer it. “Hi Mom. What’s up?” He listened for a few minutes before he started to laugh. Wait Mom, I have to put you on speaker so Brian can hear this. Start again.”

Jennifer sounded a little unsure as she started again. “Honey, I had the strangest call from Debbie. She asked if you had called me and asked me to go to Michael’s store and yell at him for being mean to you. I told her you hadn’t called and that I couldn’t imagine you ever calling me to ask me to yell at Michael.”

Brian looked confused but Justin had a huge smile on his face. “Mom, I can’t believe Deb called you. We had the guys over for a barbeque last night and Michael was in one of his moods. Brian told him he was being rude which, of course, did not improve his mood. He and Ben left right after we ate. This morning I had breakfast at the diner with Ted, Blake & Emmett. Debbie started in on how badly Brian treated Michael and how she was going to talk to Brian. I thought by telling her that I asked you to holler at Michael she would realize how silly it was for her to always rush to Michael’s defense. I never thought she would take me seriously.”

Jennifer & Brian were both laughing by the time Justin finished his story. Jennifer finally managed to say she was glad she wasn’t really expected to yell at Michael before she hung up.

Brian was still chuckling when he came over to hug Justin again. “Sunshine, you really are a piece of work. I wish I could have seen Debbie’s face when you told her your mother was going to take on Michael over his behavior.”

Justin’s stomach chose that moment to rumble. Brian picked up Justin’s cell and called for Pizza delivery.