Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry it took me so long to update.  I have no really good excuse.

Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad

Chapter 25

As Brian, Justin, Peter & Ted were finishing their breakfast Michael strolled into the diner. He came over to their booth. “Hi Brian.”

“Hi Mikey. This is my nephew Peter, one of Claire’s sons.”

Michael shook Peter’s extended hand and shook it. “Nice to meet you Peter. Hi Justin, I hear the deal on Bloom Gallery is getting signed today. Congrats.”

“Thanks Michael.”

Ted kept his head down studying his mostly empty plate. Michael looked over at him. “Hi Ted.”

Ted acknowledged the greetings with a very slight nod of his head.

Michael seemed surprised. “Hey Ted. Cat got your tongue?”

Ted remained silent but Brian intervened. “Mikey, I think you and Ted need to have a conversation but not here and not now.”

Michael ploughed ahead. “What’s bothering you Ted?”

Brian was firmer. “Mikey! Time and place, not this time and not this place but think about what you have said in the not too distant past that might have Ted upset with you. I’m sure it will all come back to you but for now just move along.”

Michael took a seat at the counter. Brian slide out of the booth, left money to pay the check and led the way out the door. The four of them walked the few blocks to the Kinnetik office.

Brian and Ted led the way, with Justin and Peter walking behind them. As usual Peter stayed close to Justin who put his arm over Peter’s shoulders.

“Uncle Justin, why did Debbie talk so mean to Uncle Brian?”

Justin chuckled. “Debbie loves Brian. When she calls him an asshole it is really almost like a term of endearment. And actually for a lot of the time that Debbie and Brian have known each other he was kind of an asshole.”

Peter looked at Justin not sure if he was kidding or not. Justin just smiled.

***************************************************************************

Once Sidney and his attorney arrived at Kinnetik they all went to a conference room where the title clerk was waiting. Peter sat next to Ted who explained the forms required to transfer ownership of a building. The title clerk showed him the title report for the Bloom building and told him that the title company would record the new deed, showing KT Corporation as the new owner of the building, at the Allegheny County Courthouse. After the real estate was conveyed the title clerk left.

Brian & Justin's attorney had already okayed the partnership agreement and Sidney’s attorney had also reviewed. The three men signed the agreement and also signed the agreement to maintain the name Bloom Gallery as long as Sidney maintained his portion of ownership.

Peter was used to escaping to books for anything interesting or exciting. He found these business meetings and transactions way more exciting than any book. Brian and Justin were pretty amused by Peter’s obvious interest.

Once all the forms were signed Cynthia came in with a bottle of champagne. Ted had a glass of ginger ale for the toast and Peter had a very small amount of champagne. Justin and Sidney each expressed their hopes for a successful, profitable partnership for many years to come.

After the toast Sidney’s attorney left and Ted & Cynthia went off to do some work. Brian, Justin and Sidney were still sipping on their champagne.

“Sidney, Brian and I are going to lunch at Le Mont. We’d loved for you to join us.”

Sidney smiled. “I appreciate the invitation but I am having lunch with my son and daughter. I am sharing some of the proceeds from selling the building. Hopefully that will make them a little happier about our deal.”

Justin nodded. “Good Luck with that! Were you able to clear the gallery schedule so we can start the remodel in July?”

“I need to talk to you about that. The young artist that I had scheduled for a show in August was not super pleased about the delay. Of course when I told him that if he agreed to delay the show until September the new majority partner of the gallery might display some of his art at the same time he got more pleased.”

Justin chuckled but Brian was not happy with that suggestion. “Sidney I think it is unfair to ask Justin to do that. Justin is working on those PPG Place murals and he also has to prepare for an August show in San Francisco. Since his bashing Justin has to be careful not to overwork his hand. There is no way he can be ready for another show in September!”

“Brian I don’t think Sidney is suggesting a full show from me. He just wants a few pieces to try and get more traffic through the new artist’s show. I don’t think that will be a problem.”

“Justin you never think it will be a problem until your hand is cramping. The doctors have warned us that if you overdo it you could face the possibility of having to have your hand in a brace and not use it at all for weeks or months.”

Sidney was fairly horrified by the argument he had started. “I didn’t promise anything. It was just a suggestions to try and make the postponement easier. I certainly don’t want to endanger Justin’s health.”

Justin frowned at Brian. “Sidney don’t be concerned. This is a discussion Brian and I have had before. Bottom line is that it is my hand and as an adult I can decide what I can and cannot do.”

“Already twice in the last month you have overdone things and had bad cramps in your hand. Right now we have a lot going on in our lives. Gus in coming to visit for the month of July, you are tied up with transporting John and Peter around and now you want to add another show. I am just asking you to be reasonable!”

“Brian it is not really another show I am agreeing to. We could even exhibit some existing pieces with a sold sticker on them. This office building alone could supply enough of my art for the gallery opening. I promise to be careful with my hand.”

“Fine! I’ll be in my office when you are ready to leave for lunch. Sidney, good doing business with you.”

Brian shook Sidney’s hand and left the room.

Sidney was very concerned. “Justin, it is really more than okay to say no to the September show. I certainly did not mean to create an issue for you and Brian. I am so sorry…”

Justin shook his head. “Sidney don’t worry about it. I can have some stuff to hang in September. Brian has a tendency to be just a tad overprotective. We have these discussions fairly often. Everything will be fine.”

Sidney left still apologizing about upsetting Brian.

Justin looked over at Peter still sitting at the conference table. “Buddy keep yourself occupied for a while. You can go down the cafeteria and get yourself a soda or snack. I have to talk to Uncle Brian.”


Peter nodded his head. “Remember not to be too harsh.”

Justin laughed. “I’ll keep that in mind. I’m not angry with Brian.”

Justin gave a quick knock on Brian’s office door before going into the room.

Brian looked up from some paperwork. “Sunshine, I know I was over protective. No need for you to tell me again that you are an adult who can make his own decisions.”

Justin walked over to the desk and pushed Brian’s chair back from the desk. He settled down onto Brian’s lap facing his partner. He put a hand on each side of Brian’s face and leaned in to kiss a very surprised Brian.

Justin pulled back and smiled at the surprised but happy look on Brian’s face. Brian’s eyes had that dark look with green flecks that Justin recognized as lust and he laughed a little.

“You’ll have to wait to satisfy your sex urges until later. We need to leave for lunch soon. You are overprotective but I do understand why you feel that way. The most important thing is that I love you more than anything or anyone in the world.”

Brian couldn’t keep the huge smile off his face. “Sunshine you know that I love you and I can’t help wanting you to take care of yourself because I never want to be without you.”

Justin didn’t say anything, he leaned forward resting his chin on Brian’s shoulders. Brian wrapped his arms around him and squeezed Justin against him.

Justin ran his fingers through Brian’s hair and sighed contentedly. He whispered in his partner’s ear.“I would be happy to stay like this forever. There is nowhere that I feel safer or move loved then in your arms.”

Brian didn’t say anything he just squeezed tighter almost like he was trying to merge the two of them together. Justin bent his head back slightly and moved in for another kiss. He giggled as he felt Brian’s response, a hardening dick tenting his pants.

“Get yourself under control stud! Time to leave for our lunch date.”

Brian shook his head. “Extremely unfair of you to get me in this condition when there is no time to finish things. You will be punished later.”

Justin had a big smile on his face. “I’ll hold you to that!”

****************************************************************************

They picked up Debbie, dressed conservatively in dark slacks and a print top, and headed for Mount Washington. Brian pulled up outside the restaurant. Once they were on the sidewalk Debbie asked again if her outfit was okay. Brian said it was a little late for her to change now but Justin told her she looked great.

Brian said he would wait for the valet while everyone else went inside in case Jennifer had already arrived.

The valet ran across the street. “Sorry to keep you waiting. My helper is on a break so I’m alone right now.”

Brian noticed Jennifer pull up behind his car. “No problem but my mother in law just pulled up so please take her keys along with mine.”

The valet smiled when he replied. “No Problem sir. I understand the importance of staying on the good side of a mother in law.”

Jennifer walked up to Brian and the valet handed them each a ticket. Jennifer gave Brian a quick kiss on the cheek. “Honey it was so sweet of you to invite Debbie. She is beyond thrilled! We have had several calls about what she should wear, she doesn’t want you to be ashamed of her.”

“She asked about her outfit about 50 times since we picked her up. She looks fine so congratulations on your wardrobe advice.”

Inside the restaurant Justin with Debbie & Peter were shown to a table by the windows. It was a clear sunny day so the view of the “golden triangle” of Pittsburgh was amazing.

Debbie stood wide eyed by the table. “Holy fu..fun Sunshine. This view is unbelievable.”

Justin laughed. He turned to the waiter who had just walked up to their table. “We would like a bottle of champagne and four glasses. I liked the St Michelle extra dry. The young man will have some Perrier and we’ll start with the stuffed mushrooms and the shrimp bruschetta. I would like the host menu. Thanks.”

“Debbie and Peter you should take the seats next to the window you are the first timers.”

Debbie was still pretty amazed by her surroundings. What about your mother Sunshine?”

“Mom has been here a few times Deb. With me and also years ago with Craig. Please sit down and enjoy the view. Did you want anything to drink besides champagne?”

“Is it okay to order a Diet Pepsi?”

“Deb you can order whatever you want. We want you to enjoy yourself, please relax.”

“I don’t want Brian to be ashamed of me.”

“Debbie Novotny! You know that Brian loves you and so do I. We could never be ashamed of you.”

“Shit Sunshine. If you make me cry and my mascara runs I am going to really pissed with you.”

Brian and Jennifer walked up to the table at that moment. Brian had a smirk on his face.

“Deb, Glad you are not intimidated by your surroundings.”

Jennifer smacked his arm. “Brian behave. Debbie you look lovely, your blouse is beautiful.”

They all sat down; Brian next to Debbie and Jennifer between Peter and Justin. When the waiter returned with their beverages and menus Justin ordered Debbie’s soda.

Debbie opened her menu. “Hey, there’s no prices on the menu.”

Brian looked at Justin who gave a slight nod of his head before he replied.

“Lunch is our treat so no one needs to know what the prices are.”

Jennifer smiled at her friend. “Debbie when you are taken to lunch by two handsome young men the polite thing to do is order what you think is the most expensive entrée.”

Everyone laughed as the waiter brought the appetizers Justin ordered along with Debbie’s diet soda. With a discreet finger point, behind his menu Justin, let the waiter know he should start with Jennifer when they ordered lunch.

Brian loved the stuffed mushrooms so he asked the waiter to bring an extra serving of that appetizer before they ordered lunch.

When the waiter returned he took Jennifer’s order first which gave Debbie an example to follow just as Justin planned. Since this was Peter’s second business lunch he felt very comfortable giving his order.

Peter’s next summer program outing was to Point State Park so he was very interested in seeing it from above. Jennifer pointed out a few landmarks to him which also interested Debbie. Despite living much of her life in Pittsburgh she had never been to Mt Washington before.

Most of the lunch conversation centered around the Bloom acquisitions and the renovation work that needed to be done. Debbie was amazed at the extent of the planned work.

Jennifer turned to Justin and Brian. “I expect to have the architect’s preliminary drawings next week. We’ll need to get together to go over them.”

Justin nodded. “Brian is going to Atlanta for business on Monday and Tuesday so it will have to be after that.”

“I’ll let you know when I have the plans and we’ll decide on a day and time to meet. Was Sidney able to reschedule that show so we can start work on the main floor on schedule?"

Brian answered. “Sidney got the artist to agree to the delay by committing Justin to an art show in September.”

Justin tried to kick Brian under the table but his partner had already moved his legs out from under the table. Justin had to content himself with a narrow eyed glare across the table. Brian simply shrugged his shoulders in response.

Jennifer looked at Justin. “Is that true? You are working on the murals and have to prepare for your San Francisco show. You shouldn’t overextend yourself, you know the trouble you have with your hand if you try to do too much!”

“Yes Mother, despite what you and Brian seem to think, I am well aware of the limitations of my hand. Sidney has just suggested I display a few paintings in an attempt to increase the attendance. It is not a full show, Brian seems unable or unwilling to understand the difference.”

Jennifer put her hand on Justin’s arm. “Sweetheart we worry about you because we love you.”

Justin put his hand on top of his mother’s and gave it a gently squeeze. “I know that Mom. I’m not really angry just annoyed that you and himself over there think I can’t take care of myself.”

Peter chuckled at Debbie’s concerned expression. “Don’t get upset Debbie, these mini dramas happen a lot. In the end Uncle Brian will let Uncle Justin do whatever he wants because he sooooooooooo adores him.”

Peter’s statement caused everyone to laugh just as the waiter brought the check.

Jennifer offered to take Debbie home so the boys could head straight to Washington but Brian needed to pick up some stuff for his trip at the Kinnetik office so they kept possession of Debbie.

Debbie made Brian get out of the car when they dropped her off. She grabbed him in a bear hug, kissed his cheek and thanked him for inviting her for lunch. She also told him he was lucky to have Sunshine in his life and he needed to treat him right.

Brian shook his head but gave her a kiss on the cheek and reminded her about their Fourth of July barbeque.

At the Kinnetik office Justin went with Peter to Ted’s office to make sure there were no paperwork issues. Brian went to his office to gather what he needed. 45 minutes later they were on their way home.

***************************************************************************

At home John was in the kitchen talking with Alice & Charlie when his uncles and brother got home. Justin thanked Charlie for chauffeuring John to and from soccer practice.

Charlie told them he had stayed and watched the practice. Much to John’s embarrassment Charlie said that John was one of the best players.

Brian immediately claimed that John’s skill was obviously genetic and that he took after him. He pretended great annoyance when everyone else was amused by his claims.

Since John was still in his soccer gear and the other three were wearing dress clothes, Justin suggested they should all go upstairs and change.

Once Brian closed the bedroom door Justin put his hands around the brunet’s neck and pulled him in for a kiss. Brian reached behind his back and locked the door.

As their tongues battled for dominance, Justin started to unbutton Brian’s shirt. He reached under Brian’s wife beater and tweaked his nipples. Brian nipped at Justin’s tongue.

Justin broke off the kiss and looked into Brian’s eyes. “I want you in me now!”

The two men moved towards the bed dropping their clothes as they went. Justin dropped his briefs beside the bed, reached into his night table drawer and grabbed a tube of lube. He squeezed some onto his hand and passed the tube to Brian. Justin reached between his legs smearing the lube on and inside his anus.

“Brian come on I need you now.”

Brian placed Justin’s legs on his shoulders and entered his Sunshine in one smooth motion. Justin gasped at the entry. “Fuck me hard. Fuck me good.”

Brian was happy to comply with his lover’s requests. He leaned down and thrust his tongue into Justin’s mouth while his dick was moving in and out of Justin’s ass. Brian tangled Justin’s hair between his fingers and softly pulled it.

Justin was using his lubed hand to stroke his hard cock until he spurted between their bodies. Brian came a few second later and lowered himself onto Justin’s body smearing the cum between them.

After kissing for a few more minutes Brian got up and went into their bathroom, returning with a couple baby wipes that they used to clean themselves up. Brian reclined back against some pillows and Justin leaned back against Brian’s chest with Brian’s arms around him.

Justin sighed with contentment. “You are the best Brian.”

Brian smirked. “I know but it was kind of impossible to stop you.”

“What can I say? Closing business deals makes me horny.”

They both chuckled as they enjoyed just being together. As usual it was Justin who broke the silence.

“I know that you can’t help feeling protective of me but it was no fair trying to get my mother involved.”

“Justin, I know you get upset when I get protective but for fuck’s sake it’s not like I don’t have cause to worry about you. I almost lost you twice and you still think of yourself as indestructible. Your behavior is going to turn my hair gray and that will seriously piss me off."

Justin chuckled. “I have accepted that thus protective thing is bigger than both of us. I think it is genetic in you and you really can’t control it. I even recognize the absurdity of me complaining about it. I spent years trying my best to get you to acknowledge how you feel about me so why should I now complain when you make it so clear to everyone that you so adore me!”

Brian tightened his arms around Justin. “Don’t be too sure of yourself you little twat.”

Justin turned enough to plant a quick kiss on Brian’s chin. “It’s you that I’m sure of Mr Kinney! I’m also sure that we both need to grab a quick shower.”

After their shower Brian and Justin went back downstairs to the kitchen. John and Peter were making seafood kabobs under Alice’s supervision. Charlie had the job of cutting up fresh vegetables to go in a pasta salad.

Alice gave them a raised eyebrow look which caused Justin to blush and Brian to smile back at her. Brian walked over and grabbed a couple pieces of broccoli off the cutting board Charlie was using.

“I’ll get the grill started. Looks like there is a ton of food here. Alice and Charlie you should stay and join us for supper.”

Brian headed outside. Justin made sure the Simpsons agreed to stay before he went out to set one of the table on the patio for supper.

More first time food for John & Peter, along with seafood kabobs Brian grilled some unhusked corn.

Charlie ate his corn without butter or seasoning. You are all ruining the real taste of the corn.”

Alice having heard this for years, shook her head. “Condiments enhance the flavor of food. They do not “ruin” it. We’ve had this argument since our honeymoon.”

Justin, whose face was smeared with butter, laughed. “Sorry Charlie. The best thing about corn on the cob is the butter.”

John tried a few bites of unbuttered corn before he smeared it with butter. Brian and Peter just rolled their ears of corn in the butter ignoring Charlie’s advice.

The “ton of food” disappeared quickly. Brian, Alice and Charlie watched in amazement as Justin, John and Peter consumed vast amounts of kabobs, corn and pasta salad.

Brian stared at Justin who shrugged his shoulders. “What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Justin how can you consume that much food at one sitting?”

“Closing business deals gives me an appetite. Get over it.”

Peter and John burst out laughing at the exasperated look on Brian’s face.

Alice had John & Peter clear the table before serving dessert, halved cantaloupes with vanilla ice cream in the middle. Brian as usual stole as much as he could from Justin’s dessert but refused a serving for himself.

Charlie, John & Brian discussed soccer practice and how John was doing. Brian promised to spend some time practicing with John the next day.

Alice and Justin talked about the logistics for the big 4th of July party that was 10 days away. Emmett and his staff were handling most of the food but there were deliveries of tables and chairs and getting the tent set up. Lindsay and Melanie with Gus & JR were scheduled to arrive next Friday and stay for a week. Gus was going to spend the rest of July with his Dad & his Papa.

Peter waited for a pause in the conversation before interrupting. “Uncle Justin, Josh and I were emailing earlier. He and his parents are going on a picnic tomorrow and then going to play miniature golf. They asked me to go with them. Can I go?”

“Sure I just have to call Josh’s Mom to be sure that it is okay for you to go.”

“Uncle Justin! Josh said I was invited.”

“I know buddy but I was your age once and I remember Daphne and I formulating all sorts of plans that our parents knew nothing about.”

Brian looked across the table with a smile. “And that wasn’t that long ago!”

Justin responded by sticking his tongue out. “Very mature Sunshine and a really good example for my nephews.”

Justin ignored him as he found Mary Gardner’s number on his cell and gave her a call. Turned out that Josh really did have the okay to invite Peter along. They would pick him up around 11 o’clock and drop him back home around dinner time.

Alice and Charlie headed off to the cottage. Brian went to the study to catch up on his emails. John and Peter headed to the media room for video games and Justin headed to the studio.

A few hours later everyone was in bed for the night.