Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Concluding Chapter! The boys have been together for several months now.  Justin decides it's time to come clean to his parents about his and Brian's relationship. How will they react?

 

Eight Months Later - .Justin's POV

 

"Oh, my God!  I've been waiting for you to get here!" Cynthia gushed at me as I popped my head into her office and walked on in, carrying a latte in one hand and a bag with a couple of cheese Danish in the other.  I smiled broadly at her as I set the coffee down and reached inside the bag to snag one of the pastries, placing it on a napkin on her desk with a flourish as I took the other one out to start munching on it.

 

"Thank you, Justin, you're a lifesaver - in more ways than one!" she told me as she bit into the Danish and moaned her appreciation.  I grinned; since having been introduced to Brian's assistant, we had quickly bonded over our love of lattes from the local coffee shop down the street and the outrageously sinful, daily-homemade cheese Danishes they served.  Brian had rolled his eyes and groaned as I began a weekly ritual of bringing in extras for his assistant, feeling distinctly like he was being conspired against, but I just ignored him. Besides, I knew the right ways to keep my man happy, and I also knew him well enough to realize that he was merely acting affronted.

 

"You're welcome," I told her with a smile in between bites.  "Speaking of which, how IS Brian today?  I wasn't able to come over to the loft last night."

 

She nodded as she took a sip of her coffee and put it down.  "So that's why he's such a tyrant today!  I should have guessed," she groused with an 'aha' sort of look as I laughed at her pained expression.

 

"Want me to go soothe the savage beast for you?"

 

"Please!  But it will have to wait a while; he's in a closed-door, satellite meeting with an important client on the phone.  It'll probably take about an hour.  But don't forget, though!  At least then the rest of the day will go a lot more smoothly for the REST of us."

 

I grinned with a nod as I turned to go.  "I'll make sure I do that.  In the meantime, I'll be in the studio painting."  She nodded, but just before I could leave, however, she called out to me.  "By the way, how could I almost forget?  Thank you for my birthday present!  It's absolutely lovely, Justin.  I have it hanging over my bed at home in case I find my OWN savage beast to tame.  You are just too amazing," she told me sincerely. 

 

I blushed at the compliment as I stood near the door.  "You're welcome," I told her shyly.  I had found out how much Cynthia adored horses through one of our morning conversations, and how she even had one being boarded at a nearby stable.  A few weeks ago, I had driven to the stables secretly to do some preliminary sketches of her horse, and had gifted her with a painting featuring the palomino galloping on the beach, water and sand flying up at its hoofs with the sun setting in the background. I had asked Brian to leave it for her yesterday at her desk as a surprise after I had left.

 

horse

 

"Now go make the day AFTER my birthday just as nice and take care of whatever is ailing the Big, Bad Wolf."

 

I grinned.  "I'll do my best." 

 


 

One Hour Later...

 

Still wearing my old, frequently stained, oversized shirt to protect me against paint smudges, I walked carefully up to Brian's office, delighted to see that his door was slightly ajar, just enough for me to peek through the crack to observe him working alone on his laptop and not on the phone anymore; apparently his important conference call had ended.  He had lately been placing his laptop on top of the credenza behind his desk so he could take periodic breaks to look out onto the ocean after I had chided him about not taking advantage of the million-dollar view.  It also provided me with a way to hopefully sneak up on my 'beast.' 

 

I pulled the small, plastic card out of my pocket that Brian had made up just for us - to my mortification, but it DID work - and hung it quietly over the outside door knob before cracking the door open a little wider, satisfied that Brian hadn't heard me coming in. 

 

placard

 

I had gotten fairly stealthy lately with the new, soft-soled loafers that I had purchased - having procured some extra spending money by selling casual sketches of friends and schoolmates at the Academy - but as I turned to close the door and lock it, I groaned inwardly at the soft click as the mechanism engaged.  Fortunately, Brian had some sort of jazz music playing on the built-in stereo speakers, and didn't move from whatever he was concentrating on.

 

I smiled over my apparent success as I tiptoed over toward his chair.  I was pleased that Brian was wearing the deep rust-colored, satin dress shirt that I had picked out for him the last time we had gone shopping together; well, he shopped while I 'window-shopped.'  But after seeing him wearing the shirt he had on right now - and how it accentuated his features and complimented his bronze skin-tone so well - I knew he had to buy it.  It had taken my own special way of 'persuading him' - a quick blow job in the private dressing room of the Gucci store at Beverly Hills - but I had managed to 'talk him' into it. 

 

Smiling, I bypassed the part of the floor where I knew it creaked until I was close enough to smell Brian's expensive cologne and a sundry mixture of cigarettes, Beam, and his shampoo.  It was always such an intoxicating combination of scents, heightened by those crazy pheromones that always made me instantly hard just looking at him. 

 

Slowly, ever so slowly I held my breath as I crept to within inches of him.  I was about to slide my hands around from behind to rest, palms down, on his chest, when all of sudden I jumped as I heard Brian say, "About time you got here.  I've been hard since the moment I got your email.  There'd better be that sign on the door, young man." 

 

I rolled my eyes and grinned, thinking back to earlier this morning when I told him how much I had missed waking up with him, and how odd it had felt not to be with him last night fucking our brains out instead of helping Liam cram for our Art History test this morning. As soon as that was over, however, and I had purchased Cynthia's coffee and Danish, I had hurried over here to make up for lost time.

 

Not worrying about being quiet now, I slid my hands over the muscled shoulder blades and down Brian's chest to link them together as I nuzzled his neck with my lips and inhaled deeply; that, of course, just made me even harder.  Brian twisted his head so our lips met for a deep kiss before we finally broke off long enough for me to announce in (hopefully) my sexiest voice, "Brian, I've been painting and I'm feeling really, really dirty. Think you can figure out a way to help me with that?"

 

He chuckled softly as I released him just long enough to allow him to rise from his leather chair and turn to face me, plastering another, toe-curling kiss on my mouth, our tongues battling for dominance as he pulled my body closer to him, his strong hands firmly latched onto my butt cheeks. I could feel his arousal clearly as he ground his hips against mine and a groan of desire escaped my lips. 

 

"Looks like surf's up, Gidget," he quipped gutturally as he squeezed my cock briefly.  I laughed over his cheesy line as he began to pull me toward the separate, private bathroom located directly off his office.  When Brian had asked me if I needed any types of changes made to my studio space before I began working in it, I had suggested that perhaps a small bathroom with a shower for washing off the paint I always seemed to quickly accumulate on my skin and under my nails while working would be nice, but he had quickly put the kibosh on that deal, telling me that he wanted a reason for me to visit his office and to take advantage of the 'facilities' at hand.  Since that day, we HAD taken advantage of it - over and over again.  In fact, we were by now most likely the two cleanest/dirtiest people in all of LA. 

 


 

Both of us still insatiably horny toward each other even after all these months of being together, Brian and I shed our clothing as we went along and were practically naked by the time we hit the shower door; a few minutes later, wet and soapy, Brian had me possessively pinned up against the frosted glass of the shower door, nipping at my ear playfully as he growled, "Looks like the surf is going to be rough today," signaling clearly his impatience.  I eagerly nodded in understanding, knowing that Brian sometimes preferred a little less foreplay and a little more forcefulness, especially when we had to be apart.  But I didn't mind; I enjoyed each and every time we fucked, as long as it was with the man that I, yes, loved - deeply and irrevocably.

 

His large, warm hands on my hips, I felt him remove one just before the recognizable tear of the condom wrapper.  I gasped as I felt Brian's slickened finger pressing against my pucker, followed quickly by another one as I grunted at the intrusion.  He stopped for just a second before I reached back to slap his thigh, my familiar signal to him to continue, before he crooked his fingers to reach my prostate...

 

 

"Uhhhhhh," I moaned out loudly as a bolt of pleasure shot through my body.  "Brian..."

 

I felt the sting of his teeth biting down on my shoulder followed by his hot, wet tongue lapping over the mark as my head lolled back onto his shoulder and turned almost on automatic to receive another, deep kiss.  I then felt just the tip of his cock pressing against me, before he lined himself up and pushed in about halfway, his lips roaming all over my upper back, neck, shoulders and cheek as he slid out slightly and then plunged roughly back in, both hands now back on my hips as we began to rock back and forth, Brian's legs slightly bent so our bodies perfectly curved at every line and angle as if we had been made for each other.

 

He gripped my hips tightly, his fingers splayed out across my pelvis, as I reached back with one hand to cup his jaw and receive another kiss, the palm of my other hand flat against the cold, smooth glass as we continued to make love. 

 

We developed a steady movement as Brian picked up the pace; I could hear his breathing quickening with each down stroke as my body began to tingle from the force of his thrusts, my heart pounding in anticipation as he emitted moans in my ear, his breath warm as it ghosted over my cheek. 

 

shower

 

"Brian, ahhhhh," I groaned out as his right hand snaked around to begin stroking me in time with his thrusts, my own right cupped over his as I felt my impending release approaching. 

 

"That's it," Brian demanded, his voice low and raspy as my body felt like it was on fire.  He knew me so well by now that he realized I couldn't hold out much longer. "Yes," he hissed.  "I...I can't...Justin, do it now, come for me!" he ordered me, just before every muscle in my body tensed and I exploded into our hands, warm and sticky, my seed spraying against the glass as it ran down to join the now lukewarm water below.  A few more thrusts later, I clenched my muscles tightly against Brian's cock as he, too, came with a loud cry, falling against my smaller frame as we both leaned over the shower door to regain our strengths.

 




A few minutes later, Brian and I were back in his private suite, both of us reclining lengthways on his light-colored, leather couch.  Brian was playing lazily with my hair, our hands both clasped across my waist.  I figured my lover was as relaxed as he was going to be today, so it was now or never.

 

"Brian?" I called out softly as I felt his head rub my cheek.

 

"Yeah, Gidg?"

 

I smacked him on the arm as he chuckled, but I couldn't help smiling.  I had actually grown quite fond of that crazy nickname; that is, if he kept his promise to only use it in private.  So far, he had kept his word to me.

 

"I was wondering..."

 

"Uh, oh, I don't like the beginning to that sentence," he growled softly, but without any sting.  "What?"

 

"We've been together for quite a while now..."

 

"Eight months, ten days, and..."  I could almost see him peering over at his chrome wall clock as he added, "about 11 hours, give or take a few minutes."

 

I smiled.  "Yeah, like I said, quite a while now."  He laughed as I held my breath, not sure how he was going to take what I was about to say.  "And since I'll be out of school in a week, I was hoping that...well..."

 

"Justin..."

 

Praying that I wasn't about to make Cynthia and the other employees' day worse, I twisted around in Brian's embrace so we were face to face, my legs resting in the 'V' of his lower body as I placed my hands on his shoulder blades.   I took a deep breath.  "I need to go back home to visit my parents and Molly. And...I was hoping that you would come with me."

 

Brian frowned; I could see the thought wheels turning in his head before he asked, "Why?  They don't even know we're involved, Justin."

 

I fingered the satin of Brian's shirt collar as I lifted my eyes to stare into his.  "I know," I whispered.  "And that's the precise reason why we should."

 

He shook his head at me as he furrowed his brow.  "You've lost me there."

 

I sighed. "Brian, I'm tired of walking on eggshells around my mom and dad.  It's bad enough they think I'm staying over at the dorm every night, instead of normally being with you. And they don't know anything about you and me at all. They know I'm doing really well in school; in no small part thanks to the studio you created for me," I told him with a smile as he started to open his mouth to reply.  I placed my fingers over his lips in a silent entreaty for him not to as I quickly added, "I don't like all this lying and sneaking around.  I want to tell them.  It's my life, and I think it's time it's all out in the open, don't you?"

 

Brian gazed at me tenderly, making my heart flutter, as he reached up to brush some hair back from my forehead. "Justin, you know I wanted all along to tell them. I don't think we have anything to hide.  But what about your school?  You won't let me help pay for it, and you always told me you wouldn't be surprised if your father refused to pay if he found out you and I were involved."

 

I shrugged.  "Maybe he still might if he finds out; I don't know.  There's only one way to find out.  And if he does cut off all my money for school, well, then, I'll either get a part-time job in between hours or I'll work full-time and save up enough money to go back a year from now."

 

"No," Brian told me firmly.  "I won't let you skip a year just because your father winds up being an asshole.  You've already been helping me out on occasion when my Art Department fucks something up. Any other person would be compensated for that; you should as well.  You can come work for me and get paid."  He smirked.  "Besides, where else would you find the fringe benefit that I'm offering you?" 

 

I snorted as he grinned back at me, tongue-in-cheek.  "Brian, I love you for offering," I told him sincerely.  "But I told you..."

 

He sighed.  "I know; you don't want to feel like I'm doing you any favors because you're fucking the boss."

 

I laughed.  "Well, those weren't my exact words, but yeah, that's what I said."  My face turned serious as I told him softly, "I will find a way to still go to school if it comes to that.  But we'll never know if we don't face him and the consequences."  I leaned down to peck his lips before I whispered to him, "Brian, I'm proud to be your boyfriend.  I want everyone else to know it, too; including my parents.  So will you go with me?  I hear they have really good surfing there."

 

He chuckled.  "Really?  Now that's very tempting.  Hot lifeguards, too?" 

 

He squirmed and then burst out laughing as I reached down to tickle his waist where he was the touchiest.  "I don't know - and you're not going to find out, either."  I smiled at him, receiving one in return before I quit tormenting him and he grew more solemn. 

 

"You really want to do this?" he asked me as he stared into my eyes.  I nodded back at him as he finally nodded in return.  "Okay, then, Gidg; when do you want to go?  Before or after your father has had his heart medication?"

 

I grinned, pleased that he was agreeing to do it. Although I shouldn't have been surprised; Brian always HAD been upfront about who and what he was.  He had just never had to deal with the likes of my father - at least not when it came to his only son.  "Weekend after next for maybe a week?  Can you get off?"

 

I groaned as I instantly realized what I had said as Brian arched one elegantly-appointed eyebrow at me.  "You have to ask?" he snarked, tongue in cheek.  "I think that can be arranged," he confirmed just before we met for another, more passionate kiss.

 


 

One Week Later - Tortoise Beach Resort

 

I looked around my family's resort as Brian and I pulled up near the entrance; the place looked virtually the same since the last time I had been here, which was around Christmas time.  I had come home then alone for a few days during break to visit my parents and Molly, remembering being peppered with questions about how my school was going, what I liked about it, how I was getting along with my roommate, and if I had made any friends there.  I was inundated with questions, in fact, and felt decidedly awkward not being able to just be truthful about Brian and me being involved.  But at the time, I wasn't sure just yet if our newly-developed relationship would truly last - after all, it had just been a few months since we had reconciled - and my father had been kept preoccupied with all the guests checking in for the holiday, so I had finally decided it was prudent to just take a 'wait-and-see' approach before being upfront about the two of us.

 

Now, however, we had been together for several months, and I was confident enough in our relationship to want to share it with them.  I was tired of feeling like I had to step on eggshells every time we spoke, afraid that I would divulge something that would make them realize I was not only seeing someone, but a person they had met earlier and wouldn't necessarily approve of due to the big age difference.  I was resolved, however, to prove to them how wrong that was as the two of us emerged from the convertible.

 

"What do you want to do first?" Brian asked me as he walked up to my side, his medium-sized bag slung over his shoulder.

 

"Well, unless my father decided to rent out my suite, I'd say we go stow our bags there and go in search of my parents," I told him.  "I want to get this over with so we can hopefully enjoy the rest of our time here without worrying about their reaction."

 

He nodded as he reached to take my hand.  "You didn't tell them when you would get here?"

 

I shook my head.  "No, I just told them it would be sometime today."

 

"And you're sure about this?"

 

I nodded firmly as I squeezed his hand as if to confirm it.  Smiling at him, I told him, "Yeah, positive. If they can't accept it, then to hell with them. We'll just go back home."

 

"Home?" he asked softly as we stood there hand-in-hand.  "Is that how you look at it now?"

 

I smiled. "Anywhere you are is home now, Brian." 

 

One side of his mouth quirked up.  "Aww, Gidg, you say the sweetest things," he told me in falsetto as I glared at him.

 

"What did I tell you, Kinney?"

 

He grinned.  "Oops!  Just slipped out, I guess.  Must be because we're back in your old stomping ground."

 

"Yeah, well, don't let it happen again...Moondoggie."  I giggled as his eyes grew large in horror.

 

"Tell me you just didn't call me Moondoggie."

 

I smiled at him brightly.  "You're the one who bought me that DVD, remember?  What did you think I would do with it?"

 

"Burn it?"

 

"Ha, Ha," I said, laughing at the pained expression on his face before I proceeded to heft my duffel bag and portfolio over my shoulder and began to steer him toward the private entrance leading to the family quarters.

 


 

Fortunately, just as I hoped my parents had not deactivated my key card to get into the side door, nor had they changed the code to my private suite.  Brian and I deposited our bags in my room as I watched him walk over and pull open the sliding glass door heading out to the balcony. I grinned as I saw him immediately unbutton his shirt, exposing his beautiful, unflawed skin as he took a deep whiff of the salt air and smiled as if he were in Nirvana.

 

It wasn't as if he couldn't do the same thing back at Kinnetik; but somehow, here away from his office, it was different.  As he stood there with his hands clasping the iron balcony railing, I walked up to slide my arms around his waist and pull him against my body, having to stand on tiptoe to rest my head on his shoulder.  "Does it seem like a year has gone by?" I whispered in his ear. I could feel his smile against my skin as he turned to take me in his arms.  The tender look on his face made my own face warm as he told me honestly, "In a way it does.  A lot has changed since then.  But I'll never forget the first day I spent here - and who I met."

 

My face flushed as he leaned down to kiss me briefly before we pulled back to stare into each other's eyes.  "See that you don't, Mister," I mockingly scolded him.  "Because I don't plan on going anywhere for a long time to come."

 

His face seemed to relax a little as he smiled at me and replied with surprisingly seriousness, "I hope not.  Even if..."

 

"Brian, I told you," I replied a little gruffly.  "Wherever your home is, so is mine."

 

"Justin, you can't tell me it wouldn't bother you if your parents disapprove of our relationship.  Are you going to tell them about the car?  Admitting that you started things out by lying about that isn't going to bode too well."

 

"You didn't ask me to lie," I pointed out.  "That was solely MY decision."

 

"True," he conceded.  "But it's still probably not going to go over very well either way." 

 

I shrugged.  "Maybe not.  I already told you, though, that I would pay you back, and I mean it, Brian.  It might take me a while, but I WILL find a way."  I paused. "Let's just play this by ear."

 

He pecked my nose just for a second with his lips as he told me, "I know you have every intention of paying me back, Mr. Independent."  I rolled my eyes.  He sighed.  "Okay.  Whenever you're ready, I'll be there at your side, then."

 

I smiled in gratitude.  "Good. Then I say let's get it over with.  I don't want this hanging over our heads any longer than necessary."

 

He nodded, stealing one additional, quick kiss from me before steering me back into the suite with his arm around my shoulder.  Stopping to button his shirt back up - figuring, no doubt, that Dear Old Dad would be more apt to accept him that way - we turned to head back out the suite door in search of my parents.

 


 

We searched in the most likely spots for them - knocking on their private suite door, checking the smaller dining room, walking around the lobby and back patio - but they seemed nowhere in sight.  Finally determining from the front desk that my parents had left briefly to run into town on some sort of errand, Brian and I headed out toward the beach.  I figured my partner would be itching to do some surfing, but to his credit he told me he would wait until after we had spoken to my parents, figuring that if they vehemently disapproved it might be a short visit.

 

So, instead, we chose to walk along the coastline, our flip flops swinging from our fingers as we walked hand-in-hand barefoot where the water met the sand.  It was still a little early for the typical summer vacationers, so the beach was relatively empty. 

 

My face lit up, however, as I spied my friend Emmett inside the surf shop as we walked by.  "Brian, I have to talk with Emmett!" I cried out excitedly.  He rolled his eyes at me in amusement, but nodded as we walked side-by-side toward the store.

 

As we entered together, the chime sounded over the door, alerting Emmett to a customer entering as he turned around; his eyes grew wide with shock as he spied me, standing next to another familiar man.

 

"Baby!" he squealed out in delight as he ran up and gave me a fierce hug.  I felt myself being pulled apart from Em by the front of my shirt and against Brian's chest as Brian broke us up and tried to hide his jealous glare toward my friend.

 

emmett

 

Emmett glanced from my beaming face over to Brian's darker one and then back again as it clicked into place; I hadn't told him that Brian and I were together yet, either, but the arm slung possessively around my shoulder likely told him all he needed to know.  "Oh, my God!" he sputtered, his eyes wide in disbelief.  "You...and Big Boy here...you...the two of you are together?"    

 

I giggled over the name Emmett chose for Brian as I nodded with a radiant smile on my face.  "Yeah...Since around last August," I confirmed as Brian's hold on my shoulder tightened slightly. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

 

I shrugged.  That was a good question; I'm not sure WHY I didn't tell him.  Perhaps it was because despite his good intentions, Emmett tended to be a bit on the gossipy side and I didn't want to run the risk of my parents finding out.  Instead of telling him that, though, and possibly hurting his feelings, instead I replied, "We wanted to get to know each other better first and make sure we could make it work before we told everyone." 

 

Em clapped his hand over his mouth as tears sprung to his eyes. 

 

"You look so good together," Emmett gushed emotionally, his voice cracking.  "I'm so happy for you, Baby." 

 

"Brother," I heard Brian mutter under his breath as I elbowed him briefly in the side of his waist in an attempt to get him to behave. 

 

Em's face darkened slightly as he looked intently over at Brian.  "You'd better be treating him right." 

 

"Em..." I began cautiously.

 

Brian huffed.  "Yeah, I beat him every night before we go to bed - and he fucking loves it." 

 

"Brian!" I shook my head in irritation as Emmett frowned warily.  "He's joking, Em!" I clarified.  I glared up at Brian who shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.  "Asshole," I growled back at him as he grinned.  I turned back to Emmett to assure him, "He treats me very well, Em."  I smiled up at Brian who rolled his eyes at me good-naturedly.  "We're very happy together."  I arched an eyebrow expectantly at my lover.  "Aren't we, Moo..."

 

"Uh, yeah," Brian hastily replied before I could finish as I bestowed a shit-eating grin on him.  "We're both happy as clams with a pearl stuck in our gut." 

 

I harrumphed at the odd phrase.  "Just ignore him, Em; he gets cranky when he goes for a long drive without any coffee..."

 

"....Or sex..."

 

"Brian!"  I laughed as he grinned at me and my face turned red. 

 

Em smiled then, satisfied that I was, indeed, happy to be with Brian.  "So what brings you back home?  School out for the summer?"

 

I nodded. "Yeah, we're here for a week."

 

Emmett nodded.  "So what does your mom and dad think about the two of you?"

 

I shuffled a little uncomfortably on my feet as Brian squeezed my shoulder for support.  "Uh, that's why we're here, actually. They don't know about the two of us, either."

 

"Ohhhhh," he said in realization as he eyed me sympathetically; that didn't exactly fill me with a sense of confidence, but it didn't matter.  Either way I was going to tell them, no matter WHAT happened.  "Is there anything I can do to help?  Have a surfboard ready in case you need to whack your father over the head to knock some sense into him?"

 

I smiled at him fondly.  "No, I'm hoping that won't be necessary, but thanks for the offer.  Keep Brian's surfboard handy, though, along with another rental.  The two of us want to come out and ride some waves later when it reaches high tide.  In the meantime, we're going to go make some other waves."

 

He grinned at me and nodded.  "Good Luck, Baby," he told me as I nodded.  I didn't see Emmett watching us walk back out, hand-in-hand, as his eyes filled with tears.   Nor did I see the look of outright love on Brian's face as he studied me as we left. 

 


 

Fifteen Minutes Later

 

"Justin!!" A high-pitched squeal pierced the air as my sister spied Brian and me walking back up toward the back terrace of the resort. She quickly jumped up from her place at one of the patio tables to come rushing over to me as I swept her up into a tight hug.  Despite our age differences, Molly and I were still brother and sister and still loved each other.  After all, she had been pretty much a cheerleader for Brian and me from the start; a fact that made me appreciate her even more.

 

I smiled down at her as I loosened our hold.  "Hey, Little Sister," I greeted her affectionately as I ruffled her strawberry-blond hair.  "How are you?  How was school this year?" 

 

She scrunched up her face as she peered over at Brian curiously; he was standing next to me with his hand casually on my shoulder.  "It was okay," she told me as she continued to study Brian intently, no doubt wondering what was going on.  "Chemistry was cool, but algebra sucked." 

 

I chuckled.  "Well, at least it was only half bad."  I glanced around.  "Are you out here by yourself?"

 

She nodded.  "Mom and Dad went into town to pick up some dining room supplies," she told me as nodded.  She squinted her eyes at Brian.  "What is HE doing here?" 

 

"Well, good afternoon to you, too, Ms. Taylor," Brian quipped as Molly promptly stuck out her tongue at him and he laughed.  "It's a pleasure to see you again, too."

 

"I didn't mean it THAT way," she told him stiffly.  "I'm just surprised, that's all.  What's going on, Justin?" she demanded, pulling no punches.

 

I glanced over at Brian as I suggested, "Let's go sit down."  I motioned toward a table for six that was set off by itself and afforded us a little more privacy; something told me we might need that if my parents wound up joining us eventually.

 

Having secured some ice tea from one of the wait staff a few minutes later, I took a deep breath before forging on, deciding that Molly might be an accurate gauge of how my parents might react. 

 

"I'm waiting," she said with her hands crossed over her chest; I noticed with slight amusement that she was wearing the dolphin necklace that Brian has gifted her with for her birthday.  "Are you two together?" she pressed, immediately getting down to business as she gazed from me to Brian and back again as my face reddened.  "You sure look like it to me," she decided.

 

I opened my mouth, about to tell her the truth, when I felt Brian's hand reach for mine across the table and squeeze it firmly as he continued to hold onto it.  My heart skipped a beat, just like it always does whenever he touches me, as I noticed Molly's eyes widen in shock immediately before her lips curled up into a triumphant smile.

 

"Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God!" she kept repeating as I blushed.  "You ARE together!" she shrieked as everyone turned to stare over at us, wondering what was going on. 

 

"Molly!" I tried to shush her with my free hand.  "Not so loud!" 

 

She rolled her eyes, but the smile never left her face.   Was it that obvious to her how we felt?  Perhaps it was.  "Well, aren't you?  He IS holding your hand," she perceptively pointed out  a little more softly as she nodded her head toward our still-clasped hands. 

 

"Yes," I heard Brian say beside me firmly before I had a chance to answer her.  I glanced over at his face, surprised by the vehemence in his voice.  "We are together.  And I plan on keeping it that way." 

 

I smiled back at him radiantly, my sentimental side unable to stop my eyes from tearing up slightly as he smiled over at me in return.  I was so giddy over that statement that I felt like I was flying at the moment. 

 

"That's great!" she cried out excitedly to my relief; that was one down at least.  "You did good, Big Brother," she promptly decided as she glanced over at Brian, who was wearing a sleeveless, brown wifebeater, his aviator glasses, and a pair of well-loved, form-fitting jeans.  "In case you hadn't noticed, he's hot."

 

Brian chortled as I huffed at her.  "I think I figured that out," I told her wryly as Brian seemed to puff out his chest like a proud peacock.  "Reel it back in, Hot Stuff," I snarked as he grinned over at me with that I'm Hot and I Know It look that he sometimes gets whenever he receives a compliment - and that was quite often when it came to him.  I sighed as I told my sister frankly, "Now all we have to do is get our Mom and Dad to agree with you."

 

"Oh, shit," Molly replied as Brian tittered over her reaction.  "Yeah.  You might get Mom to say okay, but Dad?  You've got your work cut out for you there."

 

"Gee, thanks, Mol, for that vote of confidence," I deadpanned sarcastically as she shrugged.  "That really helps."

 

"She's just being honest, Justin," Brian spoke up as she beamed over at him.  "We knew it wasn't going to be that easy."

 

I let out an anxious breath as I spied my parents walking out to the patio from the resort's back entrance.  "Well, it looks like we're about to find out, once and for all," I told him.  I hastily withdrew my hand from Brian's - receiving a look of disappointment and perhaps a little disapproval - as I caught their eye.  Both flashed an initial look of what appeared to be pleasure - followed by an expression of confusion and maybe suspicion - as they spied who I was sitting with as they both came shuffling over to greet us.

 

I stood up, along with Brian, as my parents walked over. 

 

My mother, at least, had a big smile on her face, while my father's was impassive.  I always did have problems reading his expression anyway. 

 

"Justin! Honey, you look great!" my mother exclaimed as she embraced me firmly. 

 

I smiled at her as we pulled back to look at each other; I could see my father staring curiously over at Brian as I replied, "Thanks, Mom."

 

"So how is school?" she asked in that always-polite way of hers.

 

"It's fine," I assured her as she nodded.  I turned my head to accept my father's handshake.  "Dad."

 

He nodded briefly at me.  "Son.  You look well." 

 

I nodded.  "I'm doing fine; more than fine, actually," I added. 

 

My father then turned his attention to my companion.  "Brian. This is a surprise.  What brings YOU back here?  Wanting to do some more surfing?  I'd be glad to set you back up in one of the guest suites - free of charge; that is, if you would help me out again with a little more advertising.  That campaign you came up with for the gay market, especially, has more than paid for itself several times over!  I know I was skeptical at first, but you've sold me on its benefits now."

 

"Thank you, Mr. Taylor," Brian told him as we all sat down at the table; my father waved over one of the waiters to request some more iced tea be brought to the table as Brian informed him, "I would like to do some more surfing while I'm here, and I'll be happy to help you with any advertising questions you may have during my stay." He peered over at me as I nodded in encouragement before he added the kicker.  "But I won't need to stay in one of the private guest suites. I already have a more than adequate room...with Justin."

 

I watched Molly's eyes widen in expectation as we all waited for that statement to sink in.  We didn't have long to wait. 

 

"What did you just say?" my mother asked, her mouth hanging open.  I watched my father's face darken and his eyes narrow at Brian as I reached under the table to grip his hand tightly for support. 

 

mom and dad

 

Brian took a deep breath and let it out. "I said, I'm staying with Justin in his suite."

 

"There's only one bed in that suite," my father pointed out.

 

Brian nodded as he responded without hesitation, "Yes, Sir, that's right." 

 

I heard my mother gasp softly as my father's eyes honed in on me and then Brian..  "Let me get this straight.  You...and my son are staying in the same room here together? Justin?" he rumbled in a low voice as his eyes bore into mine. 

 

I let out a breath of my own, feeling Brian squeezing my hand under the table, as I nodded.  "Yeah, that's right.  Brian and I are together...in every sense of the word.  We have been since last August."

 

"What the hell?" my father growled in astonishment.  "Since August?"  I nodded again.  "How did this happen?  He went back to his agency months ago!  And you were in school; at least you were supposed to be!"

 

"I was," I told him resentfully.  "You know that, too!  You've seen my report cards!  I'm on the Dean's List, remember?" 

 

"Yeah," he conceded.  "So you're still in school.  I wonder how long THAT will last now?  How did he seduce you, Justin?" 

 

"Craig..."

 

My father held up his hand to stop my mother from speaking.  "Answer the question, Justin!  What did Kinney do to get you into his bed?"  He winced as the image appeared in his mind.  "I can't even believe I'm asking this." 

 

I shook my head in disgust as both parents stared over at me.  "I did NOT get 'seduced,' as you so eloquently put it.  Brian didn't HAVE to seduce me, or do anything else.  I wanted him just as much as he wanted me.  He cares about me, just like I care about him."

 

My father eyed me skeptically.  "Justin, you're what?  Ten years younger than him? What would he want with a kid other than the obvious?"

 

"Craig..." Brian began.

 

"Don't Craig me, Kinney!  I want an honest answer."

 

"Okay, fine; have it your way," Brian interrupted in a clipped voice, clearly perturbed.  "No, he's not ten years younger; he's twelve."  My mom sucked in a breath at that revelation as he added, "And I don't want anything from Justin.  We're in a relationship.  All I want from him is what he wants to give me; nothing more, nothing less.  That's what ALL relationships are like. Although I have to admit, the sex is fantastic, too."

 

My father cringed at that statement as I held my right hand over my mouth to keep from revealing the smile on my face; I couldn't help it, even in spite of the seriousness of the situation.  That, and the fact that Brian had just told him we were in a relationship.  I never thought that word sounded better than it did at that moment. 

 

"I did NOT need to know that!" my father told him, seething.  He sighed wearily as he looked over at me.  "Justin, you're only 18."

 

"I'll be 19 in two weeks," I couldn't help pointing out.  "Besides, that has nothing to do with it, Dad!  I'm an adult now!  And I want to be with Brian.  There's nothing you can do about that." 

 

"Oh, isn't there?  What about your tuition?  You do remember where that is coming from, don’t you? What's more important to you, Justin - being with this...this MAN, or going to school at your precious art academy?" 

 

"Craig..."

 

"No, Jen..."

 

"No, you listen to ME!" my mother growled then to my surprise; my father appeared shocked as well.  "I want to say something."  She glared at my father, her lips pressed together in determination, as he finally threw up his hands in resignation.

 

"Fine," he gritted out.   "So say what you have to say."

 

She huffed in irritation.  "I'm not saying I necessarily agree with your relationship," she told me and Brian.  "But..."  She turned to address my father as she added, "It's not right to punish Justin by taking his tuition away just because we don't happen to approve of him being with Brian.  He's doing well in school, and he loves what he's doing!  I won't let you do that to him, then, Craig.  I own half of this resort.  And I can do with my half as I please." 

 

My eyes filled with tears of gratitude as she turned to address me.  "Justin, I don’t know if you are making the right decision here.  And frankly, I'm not sure how wise it is for you to go to art school, either.  As you know, I've always questioned the wisdom of doing that in order to financially support yourself down the road.  But I can assure you that as long as you keep your grades up and your relationship with Brian here doesn't impact that, I will see that your tuition continues to be paid." 

 

"Thanks, Mom," I murmured.  "It won't," I reassured her as she nodded curtly back at me.

 

"That brings up another point, Jen," Craig maintained.  "We're paying for you to room with Liam at the dorm.   Has that been a lie, too, Justin?  Are you and Brian living together?" 

 

Good question.  Technically, we weren't.  But if I counted up the number of days I had spent the night with Brian versus how many nights I had been at the dorm, it would be decidedly lopsided.  Truth be told, out of the past several months since Brian and I had reunited, I could probably count the number of nights I had spent at the dorm with Liam on one hand - or at the most, two hands.  So how do I answer that question?

 

I swallowed before jumping in.  We were here to tell my parents the truth; the whole truth.  "I have been spending some nights with Brian instead at his loft," I told them as my father shook his head in disgust.  "Probably more than at the dorm. No, that's wrong," I quickly amended as I looked over at Brian, who dropped my hand to squeeze my thigh right above the knee.  I could tell it wasn't sexual in nature, just a way to remind me that we were in this together, and it did help bolster my strength.  "I have spent more time at Brian's loft than I have at the dorm. That's true."

 

My father waited until the waiter brought some more iced tea over and had left before he let out a deep breath of agitation.  "I can't say I'm surprised.  So why are we bothering to pay for a dorm room, then, Justin?  We've wasted hundreds of dollars." 

 

"I'm sorry about that," I told him.  "But I want you to know the whole story here.  I...I enjoy spending time with Brian.  Do you know he's even set up a studio for me to use out of part of his office space?  It' been a big help to me in getting my projects done." 

 

"But that still doesn't justify..."

 

"Mrs. Taylor, Mr. Taylor," Brian spoke up authoritatively.  "Neither one of you may think that Justin can actually make a living out of his art.  But I'm here to tell you that he can.  I have watched him sketch and draw numerous times now. He has a unique perspective on whatever he composes, and he can run rings around most members of my own art department.  He's even helped me out of some major jams when my own employees have fu...messed up some promotional material, even though he won't ever accept any money from me for it." 

 

Brian was right; I had vehemently refused to do that, especially after he had bought me my car.  I figured that was the least that I could do as a way to partially pay him back. 

 

"So let me put that to rest right now. If he won't come to work for me after he's out of school, I have plenty of contacts that would give their right arm to hire him - and for damn good money, I might add." 

 

My father lifted an eyebrow in surprise; I thought I saw grudging acceptance of what Brian had said on his face, but I suspected that still didn't appease him regarding our personal relationship. 

 

"I will pay you back for whatever you've invested in my dorm room," I reiterated.

 

"Well, that's fine and dandy, Justin.  But what about the other three years?  It's damn expensive to put you up in a room that you are rarely going to use.  How are you going to be able to afford paying ALL that back?" 

 

"Then he moves in with me permanently while he goes to school," Brian quietly interjected as I turned to stare over at him in shock.  We had never discussed this formally, even though I spent a lot of time over there already. But even I knew the ramifications of making it 'official.'  My heart fluttered at the thought as I asked him softly, "Brian, are you sure?  You don't have to do that.  I know you like having some space..."  There were days when he would come home from a particularly stressful day at Kinnetik, grouchy and sullen, wanting nothing to do with me, at least until he had had a chance to go take a soak in the Jacuzzi out back or belt down a drink that I would prepare silently for him.  Eventually, I could normally lift him out of his dark mood, but I knew during those moments that he simply wanted; no, needed, to be alone, and I honored those wishes.

 

He smiled over at me tenderly.  "Yes, Justin.  I'm sure.  You might as well; you're over there more times than not anyway.  Is that what you want, too?" 

 

I swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling my parents' eyes on me as I nodded back at him and reached for his hand to grip it under the table.  "Yes, you know I do," I whispered; for just a moment, I felt like we were the only two there as Brian leaned over and bestowed the lightest of kisses on my lips, bringing his other hand up to gently and lovingly stroke my cheek as I blushed.

 

kiss

 

My parents exchanged a look as Molly sighed at the romantic gesture.  "You are so sweet together," she cooed dreamily as I smiled over at her in gratitude.  Why couldn't my parents accept Brian and my relationship as easily as she did? 

 

My father cleared his throat for attention as I fixed my eyes back on him. "Well, I don't necessarily approve of this relationship, Justin.  I want to make that crystal clear.  But if your mother insists on paying your tuition that is not covered by your scholarship, I have no way to stop her."  He paused as he stared over at Brian.  "Nor can I prevent you from shacking up with a man who is twelve years older than you.  But I still don't like it; I want to make that clear.  And I don't like the two of you flaunting your lifestyle in front of all the guests here."

 

My mouth opened in incredulity.  "Flaunting our lifestyle?  How are we flaunting our lifestyle?  He kissed me, Dad, that's all!  It's not like we're fucking in public!"

 

"Watch your language, young man!" my father roared as others around us peered over to see what the commotion was all about.  Molly, to her credit, merely giggled in reaction to my statement as Brian winked at her.  "I'm talking about the two of you staying in the same suite together."

 

I harrumphed angrily, my mouth partly open.  "Well, unless you've installed see-through walls, I don't see how that's anyone else's business." 

 

"It's not," my mother interjected as she reached over to grip my father's wrist.  "While I'm still leery of this whole arrangement, also, I don’t see the sense if you're already virtually living together in having you occupy two separate rooms.  Besides," she added dryly, "something tells me you would just wind up together during the night anyway." 

 

She sighed as she pushed back her chair to stand up.  "Craig, I'm tired and it's way past lunchtime.  Let's go get something to eat."

 

"But..."

 

"Just a minute, please, Mrs. Taylor," Brian suddenly said as he let go of my hand to wrap it around my shoulder instead.  "There's one more thing I'd like to say to both of you first before you go." 

 

My mother nodded after a few seconds as my father glared over at Brian warily, but remained in his chair. 

 

"Yes, Brian?" she softly pressed.

 

Brian gazed over at me with such an open look of affection that my face warmed before he turned back to look over at my parents.  "I just want you to know that Justin means a great deal to me.  Yes, he's a lot younger than me. But in terms of maturity and intelligence, I can assure you that he is every bit my equal. And there's one more important piece of information that you need to know.  I wasn't kidding when I said the sex was great earlier."  My father groaned as Brian held up his hand defiantly.  "Want to know the reason why, other than the fact that Justin is beautiful on the outside?  He's the same way on the inside...and I happen to love him.  And I think he feels the same way about me; at least I hope he does."

 

smile

 

My eyes grew large and my mouth hung open as what Brian just said permeated into my brain as having actually been spoken aloud.  "Brian?  Did you just say that...?"

 

The right side of his mouth lifted as he rolled his eyes at me.  "Yes, Gidget; I just said that I love you.  The customary response to that is to tell me that you love me, too." 

 

My face broke out into such a broad smile then that it threatened to crack my lips wide open.  "Oh, shit," I murmured as Molly sighed again dreamily.  "You do?"'

 

smile

 

"Please don't make me say it aloud again, Justin."

 

I grinned.  I realized I might not hear that particular phrase again for a long time - if at all. But for now, it was perfect.  "I do," I told him as he looked at me in mock horror as if I were reciting a vow.  I laughed at his expression.  "I mean, I love you, too." 

 

He nodded as we leaned in as one to share a brief kiss, Brian showing remarkable restraint, although I suspected that would change quickly once we were alone.  I groaned as he squeezed my cock once through the denim of my jeans before letting it go, followed by a smirk. 

 

I heard my father sigh as we pulled back and I merely peered over at him with a goofy smile on my face.  I was a little surprised - but also relieved - to see my mother actually had tears in her eyes as she smiled wistfully back at me.

 

I nodded at her in silent thanks before she repeated, "Craig, time to go track down the chef for some lunch.  Molly, have you eaten?"

 

She nodded at our mother.  "Yeah, a little while ago. I want to stay here with Brian and Justin."

 

To my enormous relief, my mother shook her head.  "No, young lady.  Something tells me they want to be alone for a while. Besides, they mentioned something about surfing earlier, and I happen to know that you're afraid of the bigger waves."

 

"Mom," she whined in embarrassment as her face turned red.  "Now Brian knows, too!  Did you have to say it out loud?"

 

Brian chuckled.  "Don't worry, Molly; your secret's safe with me.  Maybe one day I can help teach you how to surf; would you like that?"

 

My sister's eyes lit up as she smiled and nodded.  Another Taylor succumbing to the Kinney charm, I decided.  "Yeah, that'd be great, Brian!" she told him as Brian nodded.

 

"Craig..." My mother's voice left no room for argument.

 

My father stared over at the two of us for a few more moments before he reluctantly stood up.  "Kinney..."

 

Brian bit back a sigh.  "Yeah?"

 

"If I hear that you're not taking good care of my son..."

 

"You'll have plenty of company," Brian told him.  "You'll have to get in line behind Honeycutt."

 

My father nodded; knowing how much of a good friend Emmett had been to me.  "Just remember that."

 

"I will," Brian solemnly replied as my parents turned to go. 

 

I let out a deep sigh of relief as my parents reentered the resort, finally leaving us alone with my sister. 

 

"Ms. Taylor, it's been a pleasure seeing you again," Brian told my sister as she giggled over his southern accent.  "We really must do this again some time."  He pushed back from his own seat and pulled mine back in a not-so-subtle invitation to join him.  "But for now, your brother and I have some surfing to do.  Right?"

 

I smiled at him and nodded as I stood up to join him, our hands coming together automatically.  "Thanks, little sister," I told her softly.  "Thanks for sticking up for us."

 

She nodded.  "Just remember I get to be the maid of honor when you get married."

 

"Molly..." I moved to interrupt her as I heard a choking noise beside me.  Brian looked horrified at that thought as I couldn't help laughing over his expression.  "One thing at a time, okay?" 

 

She nodded with a grin as we turned to head out toward the sand, the weather much like the first one a year ago when we had first met.  Only now, I had a much better idea where our lives were heading. 

 

"Brian?" I asked softly as we stopped midway between the resort and the water and he turned to face me, taking both hands in mine. 

 

"Yeah, Gidg?"

 

I snorted as he rolled his lips under mischievously.  "About what you said earlier..."

 

"What about it?"

 

"Did you mean it?" 

 

I could see the answer on his face before he actually said the words, and my heart leaped with joy.  "Yeah, Justin, I meant it. Every fucking word." 

 

I nodded as he pulled me against him for another kiss; this one was much more erotic and intense than the others back up on the patio.

 

kiss

 

My mouth tingled as we broke apart with a decided popping sound and I grinned back at him smugly.

 

He rolled his eyes as he crooked one arm around my head at the elbow.  "Don’t let it go to your head," he growled in my ear as he took his other hand and briefly squeezed my hard-on.  "At least not THAT head." 

 

I moaned softly at the contact before he let go of me.  "Now come on, Gidget.  I see a lot of big waves coming up.  Let's do some riding!" 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Thanks to everyone who read!  Hope you enjoyed it!