Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 275] Printer
Summary:

stories/58/images/SFS-AskForHelp-1.jpg

I had many requests to continue telling Brian and Justin's story from The Stripper universe.  This takes place a few years after The Stripper and is a sequel.If you haven't read The Stripper, I've included a summary of the story in the story notes.

Summary of the story:  Brian and Justin are living in Pittsburgh and Justin is enjoying his success as a painter.  Justin was ready for his life to move forward and enjoy his success, but now someone from his time as an exotic dancer is back in his life.

Beta by JustBeAQueen


Rated: NC-18
Categories: Angst, Brian/Justin, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 37 Completed: Yes
Word count: 117456 Read: 125744
Published: July 20, 2013 Updated: January 31, 2015
Story Notes:

For those who haven't read The Stripper or have forgotten parts of it.  Here is a really brief summary.  Justin was in New York and was having difficulty supporting himself and having time to paint.  He hires himself as an exotic dancer to pay the bills.  Brian discovers his secret and before they can discuss it, Justin is in a car accident where he loses his memory.  This time Brian stands by his side until he recovers and encourages him to continue painting.  Eventually Justin regains his memory and Brian and Justin are together in Pittsburgh.  Justin is worried that his time as a dancer will make his agent want to drop him as an artist ( as it will be embarassing to the agency)  but she reaasures him that what he did before he was exhibiting was not important.  Justin is reassured and begins painting again and has a successful show.  After the show, they are married in Central Park.    There are many references to The Stripper in this story, but the basis of the story is in this summary.

1. The Stripper by sfscarlet [Reviews - 16] (2502 words)

2. Chapter 2- Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? by sfscarlet [Reviews - 20] (1395 words)

This story has not garnered as much readership as I had hoped.  I hope readers are truly interested in reading the sequel to the story. 

Please refer to chapter 1 for a summary of The Stripper.

 

3. Chapter 3- Discussions by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (2873 words)

This story is in the universe of The Stripper.  Summary of The Stripper is in Chapter 1

4. Chapter 4- Decisions by sfscarlet [Reviews - 13] (2643 words)

5. Chapter 5- Deceptions by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (2478 words)

Thank you to all the wonderful readers who have left comments on the story.  I'm glad that you are giving the story a try. 

6. Chapter - Asking For Help by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (3602 words)

I'm so sorry that it took so long for this chapter to be posted but RL interferes. Regardless, here is the next chapter.  I hope I will be back on track, but I may be posting every two weeks instead of once a week for awhile.  Thanks for all the support from my readers with all your great comments.  They keep me going. 

7. Chapter 7- Supporting Each Other by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (2403 words)

I promised two weeks between chapters and here is the next one.  Unfortunately, RL is just super busy and cuts into my writing time.  I hope to get back to once a week but it may be a few weeks until that time. Hopefully those of you who are still reading will want to continue to do so and find out what happens with Brian/Justin and the stalker.

8. Chapter 8- Confrontations by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (2543 words)

Finally an update.  As readers of my previous fic know, I post pretty reguarly and do not leave fic unfinished.  I do plan on finishing this fic and post more frequently, but between myself and my beta, RL has been kicking us both.  Hopefully this has been resolved and both of our lives will be returning to "status normal".  But for now, here is the much anticipated chapter.  As always, feedback and comments are always welcome.

9. Chapter 9- A Visit To The Gallery by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (3390 words)

Dear readers:

 

Thank you for your wonderful and well thought out comments.  A treat, a new chapter and it has not been a week!!!!!  Hope you will enjoy.  As always, comments welcome.

10. Chapter 10- The Morning After by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (2678 words)

I'm back.  Hope my readers are still interested in the story.  I hate that it is taking me so long to update, but RL is what it is.  Hopefully in the next few weeks things will settle down.  Anyway-  in our last chapter, Peter and Carol had a little chat about John.  It's time for everyone to learn about John's intentions.

11. Chapter 11-It's Good To Have A Therapist In Your Family by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (2557 words)

12. Chapter 12- Conversations by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (5480 words)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Here is a new chapter for my readers who have stayed with the story.  Comments are always welcome.

13. Chapter 13- Dinner at 8 by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (3296 words)

This will be the last chapter of the year.  I'm busy playing with my new grandchild and won't be posting until next year.  I wish everyone a happy and joyous holiday season with friends and family.  May you enjoy this time of year and remember to take care of yourselves as well as your family and friends.

14. Chapter 14- Dreams of Family by sfscarlet [Reviews - 9] (4518 words)

 

Here is the next chapter.  I know my posting is really slow and I was hoping to post more frequently, but it just isn't ahppening.  I promise to finish the story and will try next time to have more the story finished before I start posting.  Anyway, for anyone still reading this tale, here is the next installment.  The next chapter is almost finished so I will get writing and hopefully post more regularly.

 

 

 

 

15. Chapter 15- A Baby In The Family? by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (3069 words)

I thought I posted this chapter before but a reader sent an email asking if I was going to update the story and I see that it was not posted here.  I do believe I posted it to MW but the site may have gone down shortly afterward. For those of you who have read the chapter, I apologize for the repost, but for those who have not read it, here you are.  A new chapter will probably be posted next week - maybe even Monday.

16. Chapter 16- it's a Great Day To Be In Pittsburgh by sfscarlet [Reviews - 9] (2747 words)

I wanted to let folks know that I am back posting regularly again.  I hae a new beta- oceanreign.  My old beta, justbeaqueen was wonderful but she is very busy with RL and doesn't have the time to beta any more.  I have the next several chapters written and hope to be back posting at least every other week if not more often until the story is finished.  I hope there are people still reading and a kind word or comment to let me know that you are enjoying the story is always welcome. 

17. Chapter 17- Family Talks by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (2942 words)

As promised a new update-  within a week.  Writing is coming along and hopefully a new chapter will be posted next week as well-  Comments always welcome

18. Chapter 18- A New Employee at Kinnetik by sfscarlet [Reviews - 10] (2800 words)

19. Chapter 19-Afternath by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (1996 words)

The stalker is caught- or is he?

20. Chapter 20 -Intervention by sfscarlet [Reviews - 12] (3235 words)

Her's another new chapter in the saga. For those who wondered what happpened to Peter and Michael; here is your answer.

  I hope folks will take time to read and comment even though it is Good Friday for some of my readers.  Not many comments on the last chapter, so would like to know that folks are still interested in the story.  I'm posting more regularly - every two weeks these days and am getting ready to send the next chapter to my beta.  Have a great weekend.

21. Chapter 21- Reconnecting by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (3839 words)

John's been arrested; time for Brian and Justin to adjust.  While I do have a Master's in Counseling, I work with people with Disabilities helping them obtain employment.  While a 72 hour is a real option, I do not pretend to know exactly how the legal issues work. This is my best understanding.  If I'm incorrect, let it be considered poetic license.

22. Chapter 22- Asking For Help by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (2568 words)

A new chapter- finally-  last time Brian and Justin were dealing with the fallout from John's arrest. Enjoy and comments always welcome

23. Chapter 23- At The Musuem by sfscarlet [Reviews - 0] (3856 words)

24. Chapter 24- A Visit with The Doctor by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (3834 words)

25. Chapter 25 The Release by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (3839 words)

I have a new beta-  Lindz-  shout out to her for ger quick turn around.  Comments always welcome

26. Chapter 26- Get Out of Jail Free by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (2632 words)

 This chapter is filled with lots of legal stuff.  I did some research regarding the charges and the court system, but I do not claim to be an expert or very knowledgeable in this area.  I tried to depict information as best as I could, but any errors are mine.  Please read the story as fiction with some legal truth mixed in.

27. Chapter 27- The Defense by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (2804 words)

There are a lot of references to court proceedings and legal information in this chapter.  I attempted to research as much as I could but I am not a lawyer nor do I really have a lot of legal information.  Like my characters-  I only know what I see on tv.  Please take all legal references as poetic license and enjoy the story.

28. Chapter 28- A Visit From Gus by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (3092 words)

As usual, I'm not a legal expert-  any legal information in the story is purely fictional.  Even though I have researched the legal aspects, I'm not an expert; therefore any questions should be relegated to true legal experts.

29. Chapter 29- Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (2850 words)

A new chapter.  RL is hitting me hard so finding time to write and edit is difficult.  Hope my readers hae not lost interest and find the next installment enjoyable.

30. Chapter 30- The Visitor by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (2750 words)

31. Chapter 31- You can't always gt what you want, but if you try sometimes, you can get what you need. by sfscarlet [Reviews - 0] (2233 words)

Thanks for all the comments and the loyal readers that are still checking in.  Hope you guys enjoy the next installment

32. Chapter 32- What Justin Wants by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (3142 words)

Brain and Justin talk about how Justin feels

33. Chapter 33- Moving to the City by sfscarlet [Reviews - 13] (3613 words)

I'm here again.  I feel like I'm letting my readers down by not posting more frequently, but as I've said in previous posts, RL is super busy and just doesn't leave time for me to write like I'd like.  Not making excuses- it just is

 

Anyway - in the last chapter Justin told Brian he wanted to move- let's see how that works out

34. Chapter 34- The Moment of Truth by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (4464 words)

Time for a new chapter.  Enjoy- comments always welcome.  Thank you to all the readers who commented.  I didn't make 200 but 199 isn't bad.  Thanks to all those readers who let me know they are still reading- even after all this time.

35. Chapter 35 by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (4486 words)

It's been a month since I updated. Wow- guess the holidays get busy.  Anyway we are winding down the story.  Just a few more chapters-  thank you again to all my loyal readers who are still checking out the new updates. And for those of you who wait until a story is finished, this one should be done by the end of January- ( my best guess) Enjoy

36. Chapter 36- A Day in Court by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (3235 words)

Just a few more chapters and this story will be finished.  I can't believe I've been writing it for so long.  Thank you again to all my faithful readers who keep checking back to seek updates and to those of readers who comment on the story.  Readers and comments let an author know that someone is enjoying your work.  As always, comments welcome

37. Chapter 37- Life Goes On by sfscarlet [Reviews - 18] (5072 words)

This is the last chapter-  the end-  It has been a long journey and I appreciate each and every comment from my readers.  Thank you so much for your support and patience.  I hope that you are satisfied with the ending.