Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
"Doctor!" Martha screamed, rushing to his side.

After Jeremy was sure Laura was stabilized, he helped Martha situate Jamie. Then, he noticed he was having trouble getting Jamie flat.

"Martha, you have to let him go."

"I'm not holding-- Oh, you are clever." She beamed down at Jamie.

"What?" Jeremy asked. That was, until he saw that Jamie had clasped his hand with the young girl’s. "You’ve got to be kidding me! Did he…?" he asked, unable to believe it.

"Oh, yes." Martha beamed as they maneuvered Jamie on a cot next to Laura.

"So what’s happening now?" he asked Martha.

"Not sure. It's the first time I’ve seen him do this. The Doctor could enter your mind at the touch of your temple. Maybe it's different with Jamie."

"She's stable, and he just seems to be asleep. This all so fascinating! You have to tell me more. I mean..." He stopped when he noticed Martha was listening to something else.




Laura James was blown away when the man appeared before her. She was afraid at first, having thought they had got him as well. The man fell to the floor, and then he appeared again right beside her in a blue suit and red sneakers.

"How did you do that?" she asked, amazed.

"Oh, that! It was easy. I'm brilliant," he beamed. He rather liked his astral self. It helped him feel more like his old self again.

"Where are you going?" she asked, as it seemed he was walking away from her.

"I just need to tell Martha something."

Jamie gently put his arm on her shoulder. He was almost afraid he wouldn't crack the barrier. She had traveled in the TARDIS, but he wasn't the Doctor. He whispered, and was thrilled when he got confirmation.




"He's with her!" Martha shouted.

"Will he be able to figure out what's going on?"

"Oh, Jeremy, you are about to be dazzled. Your first adventure." She giggled.

"Well, since we've made them our special project we have time to talk. Who were you chatting with when I came through?”

"My mum." She groaned.

"Is it that bad?"

“You have no idea."




Francine Jones sat quietly in her kitchen while her grandson bounced happily in his swing. When she looked at him, she couldn’t help but smile. Julius was beautiful, and even though the doctors did not quite know what was wrong with him, she loved him to bits.

There were other things, though. Things that she saw, but Martha acted as if she hadn’t even noticed. Like the boy’s deep brown eyes, or that hair she couldn’t tame if her life depended on it. He had freckles across his nose! Francine knew that he would be fair, being bi-racial, but he looked nothing like Tom. He didn't look like Jack either. It hurt, but he really looked like…

"Penny for your thoughts, love?" Clive questioned as he took a seat beside his wife.

"I was just talking with Martha. I told her of Tom, and I asked once more and she--"

"You asked her again about Julius?" Clive asked her again, cutting off her rant.

"You’re damn right I did. Look at him. He’s not Tom's, and if she and Jack found comfort in each other because of things, she should know that she can tell me. Jack is a good man. He would love to be a father. Now if that Doctor forced--"

"Would you listen to yourself? Forced? Do you actually think that he would do that? Martha dropped everything and went in space with this man. Do you think he would want or need to force himself on her?" Clive asked her, gently cutting her off.

"No, of course not. It's just that she won't talk about it. Maybe she thought it was going to be one thing, and it was another. I mean, he is an alien and he licks everything. Then, there was the Master."

"What does he have to do with anything?"

"You were there on the Valiant. The Doctor told us how the Master used to be good, but something snapped in him. Then he did all that stuff on the Valiant. Maybe after the Doctor got her he snapped and hurt her."

"Maybe nothing like that happened. It could have been special, but she won’t tell you because all you see is the bad in the Doctor. Maybe she won't tell you because you still hate that man. You hate him even though if not for him, I wouldn't be back here where I belong," he told her, kissing her forehead.

"Oh, love. I never thought… No wonder she hasn't said anything." she sighed.




"So he really thinks you cheated?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yes. I mean, I took my vows seriously. I saw him die, Jerry. I told you he had died right before my eyes. And then, there was the rewind and we were going to our happily ever after, but he was different. He was no longer my Tom. I think it was the crisis that made me love him. Not being on the run made him not be my Tom."

"Well, no worries. He said he was back for you, and he will adore Julius."

"Will he? Even at half-Time Lord, he is capable of so much. Julius can't even say mum, but I swear sometimes I hear him. He hugs me tight, and I hear him say, ‘I love you, mummy.’"

"How do you mean?" he asked, intrigued.

"I mean that sometimes it’s almost like--"

"Lokni!" Jamie shouted as he bolted upright.

"Doctor, are you okay?" Martha asked, approaching him.

"Martha…the Lokni. They are from thirty light-years and forty five miles that way. Now, come on. We have lives to save!" he told them, hopping to the floor.

"What's going on, Doctor? You can't just leave!” Martha tried to tell him as he walked back to his room, “You just had a heart attack, and what the hell was that? A coma? You’re going to bed, mister."

"Martha, there’s no time for that! She took me to the circus. The Lokni are using people as fuel. They put you in a coma and drain you. Then, when they get that last bit, you are trapped forever. Where's my suit?" He began rummaging through the bag holding his personal belongings.

"What last bit? And what are you looking for?"

"Grams, Martha. When you die, the body loses 51 grams. No one knows what that is, but everyone wonders. It’s your soul. Your wonderful, beautiful soul off to the next life, and the Lokni bastards want it because it’s the best fuel. Not on my watch! Found it!" he cheered, pulling something huge out his too-small pocket.

"What's that?" she asked.

"My phone! We need reinforcements!" He beamed as the contraption sprang to life.

Martha came around just in time for a face to pop up on his phone. It was a very pink and yellow face. Martha had to take a double take, thinking it was Rose at first. It’s always a blonde. She knew she hated her already.

"Where the hell have you been, Jamie? You weren’t here for your rounds and I had to cover for you again!" she scolded.

"I was busy having a heart attack and being burned half to death. Now, it’s time for the things I was telling you about. Martha and I--"

"You found her? Brilliant, now you have to tell her you love her," she warned, cutting him off.

"Oi, she has just gotten used to me. She doesn’t know half of the problems I have, but enough about that. You're my companion; bring the car to get us. I'll need to go by our flat. I’ve got to pick up some things. We have until nightfall, so we're good."

"Yes, sir." She giggled, hanging up.

"Alright then, Martha, Jeremy…are you both ready for adventure?" He beamed.

"She's your companion?" Martha sadly asked.

"Yeah, I met her at the hospital. She's a good nurse," he spoke absent-mindedly. He never noticed the sadness.

"Oh?" she sighed.

"Well, of course I needed assistance finding you. I’m new, and this is America. I needed help. She's just a novice, though. Can't compare to Rose, and you’re far better than the two combined. She was just there and she liked helping out. After we're married we will find a nice place for her."

"Oh, well, lead on. Come on, Jeremy, now you see why he's the Doctor."

She had no idea what they were about to face. It didn't matter, though. She had him.