Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Martha could not believe her mother. Taking Julius to see Tom behind her back! If he really wanted to see his son she would be thrilled, but that was not the case. He wanted one thing: DNA. Why was it her mother didn't see such things? All she saw was signs of reconciliation that was never happening.

"Mum, did you leave them alone together?" she asked.

"Martha, really, he is his father. What if I did leave them alone together? Tom wants to help him," she explained.

"He wants to get his DNA to prove I was lying. He wants to prove to you all that I'm the whore he told all of our friends I was!"

"Sweetheart, I did not let him see him alone. You’re being paranoid. You do realize that you seem guilty when you act this way. You are my daughter! If you and Jack or even The Doctor --"
"I did not cheat on my husband, mum! I loved him mum and he promised me forever. Just because Julius is--"

"Perfect," her mother stated, this time cutting her off, "Julius is perfect and it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, I just thought the two of you were so perfect and I never thought he would do that."

"None of that matters now. Maybe this was the way it was meant to be. Maybe I was meant to find love someplace else."
She smirked, looking back in the room at Jamie. He was supposed to be some kind of clone, but he just kept doing things to remind her of the Doctor.

"Martha Jones, are you seeing someone? It’s Jeremy isn't? I knew it, he has been smitten since the day he met you," Francine gushed.

Martha was about to explain that Jeremy was just a friend, but he zoomed by her on top of a stretcher giving compressions to a small girl.

"Mum, I’ve gotta go. See ya," she said quickly, pocketing her mobile.




"What have we got?" she asked, running up to catch them.

"Martha, you should be with your family. Jamie needs you," Jeremy told her.

"Jamie is sleeping. Extra hands are always good. So what have we got?"

"Found her at the circus. She was unresponsive; her vitals are all over the place. I think we need a neuro consult, but first we have got get her stabilized." he rambled.

"Alright, let’s get her up on the table, and someone find me a vein," Martha shouted. This was what she needed. She could save a life and be snuggled with Jamie by the time he awoke.




Waking up for Jamie was always the worst. He never needed much sleep before, and now he had to without a filter. He had all the Doctor's memories, and waking up without a TARDIS shielding was hard. He had to remember where he was. It all came back to him, the fire, the heart attack, and the pain. All of it melted away after he remembered. His brother hadn't dropped him in the wrong place. He had Martha.

He was torn from his thoughts when he heard someone crying. Jamie slowly eased from the bed. Instantly, the pain came back with a vengeance, but he used his Time Lord brain to block it out. Jamie maybe human, but he still had a few tricks up his sleeve.

"Hello there," he said, crouching down to be at eye level with the girl.

"You can see me?" she asked, looking at the man with the crazy hair.

"’Course I can. Now, what's with the tears?" he asked in concern.

"You have to come. I have been trying to talk to them but no one listens!" the girl told him, cheerfully hopping to her feet.

Jamie was happy that Martha had helped him into some pajamas as the little girl practically pulled him from his bedroom. "What's your name, sweetheart?" he asked as she clung to his hand like it was a life preserver.

"I'm Laura. Are you going to be able to help me?" she asked hopefully.

"Of course! I'm the…a doctor," Jamie corrected himself. It wasn't that he doubted himself. It was just time for him to get his own identity. When they discovered how brilliant he was he wanted the credit for it himself. He opened the door, prepared for the worst.




Martha looked up when she heard the door open. She had been waiting on a Neuro Consult. There was no reason for her not to be awake, and yet there she was.

"Doctor, what are you doing out of bed?" she asked alarmed.

"Oh, twins then? Oh, she's in good hands, Laura! Martha's the best," he told the girl, beaming.

"Doctor, are you alright?" Martha asked, concerned, approaching Jamie.

"She was scared. I was telling her that everything was fine. No one's been talking to her. And where are her parents? She's been roaming around all night."

"Who, Doctor?" Martha asked, checking his pulse, which was running away.

"Laura. She came to my room she's right there and…oh." He stopped mid-sentence.

"There's no one there, Doctor. Let me help you back to your room." Martha reached out her hand to steady him. She didn't think he realized how he was trembling.

"Oh, you poor thing! Don't worry, I won't let them take you."

"Jamie, can you see her?" she asked, panicking slightly, "Is she out of her body or something?"

“Martha, we don't have much time. It's the…" His eyes rolled back into his head and he hit the floor before she could catch him.