Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Martha was cursing herself. She could just hear her mother scolding her. It was him, he said my name and then he flatlined, and I ran. It cut like a knife to see something given back to her then taken. What was she thinking? If he was here in any form than Rose Tyler wouldn't be far behind.

Rose Tyler, a woman that she spent every day trying to hate but was unable to. Sure, she walked the earth for him, went back in time and was treated unkindly strictly because of the color of her skin...twice! However, Rose Tyler willingly gave her life for him, and then he gave one for her. No even she couldn't compete with that.

"Are you okay?" Jeremy asked once he finally tracked her down.

"Yeah, I don't know what came over me back there. This job sometimes makes me wish I stayed with the military," she told him as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Oh please. You can fool them because they don't know what to look for. I, on the other hand, am the guy you told all your stories too. I'm not blind. You said “Doctor” and not like a title, but like it was his name. They got all the soot from his face. It's him! It's your Doctor!" he practically shouted.

"It's not. He just had a heart attack, and I left him! Oh my God, is he...?" She bolted towards the door, unable to finish her sentence.

Jeremy came up behind her. "He's fine. They got his heart going, and it’s not just the heart. The guy is a mirror image. The liver and appendix location all reversed. They say he’ll sleep for a while. I told them he was your family." He could not help the chuckle that escaped when she raised her eyebrows at that notion.

"What? He could be fair-skinned. The point is, they understand and gave you the rest of the day. You need time to relax. So, you wanna come with?” he asked with his best smile, passing her three tickets.

She smiled when she noticed the tickets were to the circus. She had told him that she had not been since she was a little girl. When she noticed three tickets, she smiled brighter. "Three?" she questioned.

"Yeah, your little one. Didn't he arrive this week? I thought he could see his first circus with his mum, and Uncle Jerry. I won't get upset when you laugh at my clown phobia."

"He hasn't come yet. My mother doesn't want to part with him yet. Thanks, but I think I need to be here. You know, in case someone comes looking for him, or so he's not alone."

"Oh I get it.” Jeremy said, “Rose right? She can't be far behind. I mean, she was world hopping to get to him. A heart is nothing. Maybe I should stay."

"No, go. I want a full report on it, mister, and I promise before it leaves we’ll go."

"Are you sure? Because I can stay in case you need backup."

"I’m fine Jeremy. Go! I’ll see you later."

"Alright, I'll call you later," he told her as he kissed her forehead and left the room.

Martha watched him go, and a part of her wanted to run after him. He was perfect and safe. Unlike Tom, who could not get over the fact that she had seen him die, and in the end accused her of cheating, denying their son the father he needed. He was so not the man she met roaming the earth. She had to blame the Doctor for that. Because of the rewind, he was not the Tom she knew. He was cold and career-orientated. Then again, maybe she couldn't blame him for that. After all, if the world didn't rewind, Tom would be dead. At least now he was only a bastard.

She took the picture from her pocket that she carried everywhere. Julius smiled back up at her. When she looked at him all she saw was Tom. It killed her that all Tom saw was someone else.




Jamie opened his eyes and he knew immediately that he was still asleep and dreaming. For one, he was wearing a brown pinstriped suit, but blue was his color. Blue was Martha's color. And then, he was in an empty TARDIS. He heard a cry.

"Hello?" He called out as he walked down the corridor, following the sound.

"Rose! Me!" he called out, and giggled at his joke.

He came to an abrupt stop when he rounded the corner. Martha was there and she was very frightened and very pregnant. The Master had found her. He promised to keep her safe.

"Please, let her go," he pleaded.

"Her? I must say Doctor out of all the women in your pasts I never thought you'd pick her."

"I didn't pick anyone. What are you talking about?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"I thought it would be that shop girl with all that mouth. Oh well it can't be helped."

Jamie ran towards Martha but it was too late. The Master cut her throat before he could reach her. Then he vanished into thin air. After all, it was just a dream.

"Oh, God. Martha, I'm sorry, I don't..I..." he babbled, trying to stop the bleeding.

"I'm sorry. I tried to protect the baby." Then she died in his arms.

"Martha! Martha!"




Martha had just managed to doze off when she was startled awake by the shouts from Jamie's bed.

"It's okay. It's a dream. I'm here." She soothed him as he cried for her in his sleep.

"Martha!" he shouted as he bolted straight up in bed. He winced when the pain overpowered him.

"Calm down. Remember to breathe. You don't have a tricky bypass anymore. Now, focus and look at me. I'm right here. See? I'm fine," she tried to soothe him. It was like he was having trouble focusing.

Jamie could not shake the feeling the dream had left. It was a memory that he knew. It was something he suppressed but what? His sweet Martha. He had killed her, he hated being human. He was a bag of emotion. Stupid tears.

"Are you alright?" she asked when she saw he was getting a hold of himself.

"Oh, Martha! I thought...oh don't worry everything is fine. I found you."

Jamie had to touch her just to make sure she was real. That dream was so real and he had to protect Martha. He was finally going to be with her forever. Nothing and no one would stop him.