Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Martha was ignoring him. If she ignored him, then everything would be fine. She didn’t like the way Tom was sitting casually in her TARDIS. She had to admit, she was a bit upset it hadn’t repelled him. Martha had, in fact, let him inside to Jenny. He had Jenny.

"Was that her name? I was just doing as I was told. I was given the syringe and I gave it to her."

"A woman tells you to walk in a house, drug a woman and you do it? Probably to hurt me yet again!" Martha shouted.

"Martha, I assure none of this is my doing. You want to blame someone, blame your Doctor in the box. How is it that he has two different faces? And this is one hell of a wardrobe.

Martha was livid. She had been using the computer and she knew now. The Cryovores had done this. It was all a big mix-up in 1969, and now they were going to need a mind. A powerful mind, and he left her. The Doctor left her with a man that she promised herself that she would never be trapped with again.

Tom couldn’t stop looking at her. He knew that it was wrong and he had no right. The things he had said, the things he'd done. How could he make it up to her? If he could just…

"You stay the hell away from me!" she shouted, shoving him when he approached her, "You tell me why you are here right now!"
"She told me that I had to be here for you. That you were about to lose--"

"Oh none of that. I just got him back. I'm not losing either one of them!” She once again jumped to her feet, rushing for the door. "I do what I like Tom! You've got no right." This time she shoved him to the floor and ran from the apartment before he could gather his bearings.



River quickly began short-circuiting the fence. She could feel his eyes on her. Dr. Song knew that he was probably putting two and two together and getting five thousand. There he stood, her Doctor. So young and old at the same time. Martha…oh she couldn’t wait to see Martha Jones again.

Jamie looked at her a little saddened. He remembered the last time had seen her. He had come when she called, and he had no idea who she was. Now, here she was helping. “Are you helping because you think I’m him?”

"You are him," she replied as she moved away from the fence.

He wondered what she was about to do, but she took off and jumped the fence in giant leap. He stood that flabbergasted and stunned. She had, and he didn’t know how that was humanly impossible.

"Are you going to stand there all night? Your son is waiting!" she shouted.

"Right." He looked at his watch. This time he was getting 35%. Oh well, he had ten years before he'd be off world. He backed up, jumped the fence, and joined her on the other side.

"Just like old times," she beamed, grabbing his hand and running down a corridor.



Jeremy couldn’t believe he had let this happen. If he had stayed with Debra in radiology, he would not be in a cage. Martha Jones could make him do anything. If she told him to kill his mother, he would put a bullet right to her brain. Yet, once again, she was in love with someone else. A freaking time traveling alien! How the hell was he going to compete with that?

"Oh wow, he wasn’t kidding. You're so young. Look at you, Dr. Jerry in a cage. Oh this, this is priceless," a redhead dressed as a cop stood before him.

"Are you a stripper?" he asked.

"No I’m not a bloody stripper. How do you know I’m not in law enforcement? And is that really the tone you take with a rescuer?" she asked.

"You're going to rescue me? How? For that matter, how do you know my name?"

"With this, but I was never here. Now get back to Martha. She’s going to need you."

Before he could ask her anything else, she was gone.



Martha was in her apartment getting ready. Lily was going to die. She wasn’t sure how she was going to do it yet, but it was going to hurt. She pulled down her service revolver from her UNIT days. She never thought she would be using again. Martha knew that the Doctor wasn’t going to approve, but hey, she was saving him.

“Martha you can’t!" Tom told her as he entered her house.

"Well, things indeed are looking up. I have my kidnapping son of a bitch husband in my home uninvited. You know, here in the States, I can shoot you dead for that. Oh look, I have a gun!" she said, excitedly pointing her gun at him.

"Now Martha listen... I--"

"Mother I've missed you so much!" Jenny beamed, appearing out of nowhere in a cloud of smoke.



"How?" Jamie asked again for the thirteenth time.

"If you haven't noticed, sweetie, we are sneaking through an air vent."

"I know that, but I mean you’re River. My River fresh from the library?"
"Yes, River Song was saved."

"Then how?"

"Spoilers, Jamie. Damn it, I forgot how stubborn you could be."

"You called me Jamie. So you know I’m not the Doctor."

"And there it is, you doubting yourself again. You’re as much the Doctor as he is. I have the pleasure of traveling with you both. I can’t very well call you both Doctor if I’m in a sandwich between you both, although," she smirked.

"See that's the thing, River. You knew my name and I only would tell you my name if...”

"I'm not Martha. Now she gets the pleasure of calling herself Mrs. Nobleman. Now here are," she smirked, removing the vent where they were huddled.

"Ok, since you know exactly who I am. I jumped the fence so I’m a bit low, what’s the plan?" he asked, showing her the readout on his watch.

"I’m sorry, sweetie. This is where I leave you. Your little one is down there and he needs you."

"River, I can’t. I’m human and you…I know you think I’m him, but it can’t be. It just can’t."

"Dark days ahead, love, but help is on the way. Oh, I've missed this you," she said, leaning in and hugging him.

"River, what’s going to happen?" he asked, almost frightened.

"Martha's coming. Love you." She hit her vortex manipulator and vanished before his eyes.

"Well, Julius, daddy's home," he said, jumping down from the ceiling.



Martha just couldn’t get her head around it. She was sure of one thing: when all of this was over, she and the Doctor were going somewhere calm and celebrate. Jenny called her mother!

"You're staring again," Jenny stated as she loaded her gun.

"It’s just…you called me mother, and just a few hours ago you were dying and I couldn’t help. Not to mention it’s also been months for me, because I just got back from being trapped in 1969. It's just hard to keep track of it all." Martha explained.

"I know, I mean that was so long ago for me. You and I are best friends now. You're the only mother that I have ever had. I was so scared when I left, because that Lily had taken Julius. Mother, I must apologize in advance. I may hurt her a lot."

Martha didn’t know how to feel. Sure, she had so much anger in herself that her body was practically vibrating, but Jenny was a soldier. She was made to fight to death if need be. Jenny said she had been gone a long time. What kind of influence did she have while she was away?

"Mo-- Martha, this just me reacting to the fact that some cows have kidnapped my little brother and father. They are going to turn them in just because of the fact we're not quite human. When you and I aren’t saving the world, kicking alien ass, everything is normal. You helped me with school; I became a proper medical doctor because of you. We fight, we laugh, and you keep dad from my dates. I'm back in school now, getting my second doctorate. It’s easy because I look so young, and now I get to make the memories you have been telling me about. So, first I get Lily's head, and then I can tell you how dad hates my chosen profession."

"Okay, I'm game. Great pep talk, by the way. Just tell me one more thing, though. What profession could you have picked your father hates?"

"Oh, Mother, I’m becoming an archeologist," Jenny told her, cocking her gun.