Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
VERY IMPORTANT
Whatever is underlined is something that it’s being said but not out loud.
Whatever is underlined plus in italics is something that it’s being said in both forms.
Whatever is in bold letters is written down.
Ben was about to sit down when someone tried to knocked the door down. He went to open it and found Brian looking really pissed.

“Brian, what are you doing here?” Ben asked.

“Is Michael here?” Brian asked.

Ben nodded and let him in. Brian walked inside and walked up to Michael who was sitting on the couch.

“Hey, Brian,” Michael said smiling. “What are you doing here?”

“I want to know what the fuck you told Justin,” Brian hissed.

“Nothing. I just told him not to hurt you. That if he wasn’t going to be serious with you to not be with you. I guess he was just trying to having a good time,”

“Bullshit. Justin wanted more than just a good time. Now tell me what the fuck you told him!” Brian shouted. “And please, Mikey, try to keep the story straight,” Brian told him mockingly even thought he was pissed as hell.

“What does it matter?” Michael asked getting up.

“It matters because I’ve been trying to talk to him and he doesn’t want to listen. I walk in the diner and he hides in the fucking kitchen! It’s been like that for a couple of days now,”

“What do you care? You should be happy that you don’t have to pretend to like him anymore,” Michael shouted back.

“I was not pretending!” Brian yelled. “I really like him, Mikey. You better hope that he forgives me for whatever the fuck you told him,” Brian told him. “Don’t call me.”

“Brian! Brian, come back here!” Michael yelled after his friend.

Brian just slammed the door in his way out. Ben stared at Michael.

“What?” Michael asked.

“Nothing. It’s just that I wonder why you don’t want Brian to be happy,” Ben told him.

“I want him happy. But he needs something better than Justin,” Michael told him. “He’s deaf.”

“Oh so he is not perfect,” Ben commented. “You have to be perfect to be with Brian.”

“That’s not what I mean. He can do so much better,” Michael said.

“Justin is a great guy,” Ben told him.

“Why are you defending him?” Michael whined.

“Why are you attacking him?” Ben asked.

They stared at each other until Ben turned around and went to his room. Sometimes Michael could make him so angry. Sometimes he wondered why he was with Michael.

“Ben?”

“What?”

“Do you really think I was wrong?” Michael asked like a little kid.

Ben smiled and nodded.

“I’m sorry. I’ll talk to him and tell him I’m sorry. It was stupid of me,” Michael told him.

Ben looked up at Michael and smiled. Sometimes he didn’t have to wonder.

***

“I’m coming. Hold on your horses,” Lindsey shouted as she ran down the stairs.

Lindsey opened the door and Brian rushed in.

“What’s with you?”

“Where is Gus?” Brian asked.

“He’s with Melanie. She took him for a walk in the park while I cook,” She told him.

Brian nodded.

“What’s wrong with you?” Lindsey asked him again.

“Not much. I better go,” Brian told her.

“Wait. Come back and sit down,” Lindsey told him.

Brian made a big show of having to stay and sat down. Lindsey just watched him, amused.

“Now tell me what’s wrong?” Lindsey asked.

“I kind of had a fight with Justin,” Brian told her.

“Kind of?”

Brian rolled his eyes.

“Michael told him some things about me and apparently it wasn’t good. Justin doesn’t want to see me,” Brian said and pouted.

Lindsey smiled happily that Brian seemed to care tons for Justin.

“Did you try talking to him and explaining things?”

Brian shook his head.

“He won’t listen to me,” Brian told her. “Well, you know what I mean.”

Lindsey nodded.

“Start sending him stuff,” Lindsey said. “Keep after him. Anywhere he goes, you try to be there.”

“You want me to become a fucking stalker?” Brian asked.

“You want him back, don’t you?” Lindsey asked in the same tone.

Brian nodded.

“Good. Okay, I know. Why don’t you buy him flowers and go see him at his house. Tell him to listen to you for just a minute and you will be on your way. That works most of the time,”

“Great, I’m listening to you for advice,” Brian moped. “A lesbian.”

Lindsey giggled.

“You’ll be thanking me later,”

Brian jumped to his feet.

“Where are you going?” Lindsey asked.

“I’m going to go buy some flowers,” Brian murmured.

Lindsey smiled and hoped for the best.

***

Justin kept on walking to his apartment and wondered if there were going to be any other surprises. All week he had been receiving presents, candy and flowers from Brian. He wanted Brian to leave him alone. He reached for his keys and got inside but wasn’t able to close the door because Brian had put his foot in the way.

Go away,” Justin indicated him and tried to close the door.

“No,” Brian told him. “Let me in, Justin.”

Justin shook his head.

“Don’t be stubborn. I just want to talk to you and then I’ll leave.”

Justin stopped pushing on the door and let Brian come in. Brian gave him a bouquet of white orchids. Justin took them and smiled but then he frowned and threw the flowers in the sofa. Brian took a deep breath and rubbed his face.

“Justin, I want to keep on seeing you.”

Justin shook his head.

You are using me,” Justin told him.

Brian didn’t have a clue what Justin had said.

“Look, I know that Michael said some pretty horrible things to you even though I don’t know what hell it was. I have a slight idea. I have to admit that yeah I liked to fuck every guy in sight. I would fuck them and dump them as soon as possible. That was my life, one guy after the other but then…then it all changed one day,” Brian said.

Brian stared at Justin for a minute or two before he continued.

“With you it’s different, Justin. Since the first day I saw you, I knew I should have stayed away. You were going to be trouble.”

What the fuck are you talking about?” Justin asked.

Brian frowned still not getting a word Justin had said.

“I couldn’t keep away from you. I thought you were the most beautiful man I have ever seen. I still think that. I want to be with you and, yes, I want to fuck you but that’s not the only thing I want from you. I know I suck at this relationship thing but I have never had a boyfriend. You scare me so much. You make me feels things that I never felt before,”

Justin arched a brow.

“I want you to be my boyfriend and stop listening to what Michael has to say,” Brian yelled. “What anyone has to say but you and me. I know I won’t be perfect but I want to try. I’ll do my best to make you happy. I have even stopped going to Babylon and Woody’s because I prefer to be with you.”

Justin shrugged.

I don’t know,” Justin signaled him.

Brian smiled understanding what Justin had said.

“Okay then. Let me show you something,” Brian said.

Justin nodded.

The flowers smell good. You have beautiful hair. Monday and Sunday. Today. Goodbye,” Brian signaled and said. “I know a few other words but I am too nervous to remember them.”

Justin stood there thunderstruck.

“I want to be part of your world, Justin. I want you to see that I really care about you. That I want to be with you,” Brian told him.

Justin ran up to Brian and hugged him. He was crying.

You did that all for me. You are so amazing,” Justin told Brian.

“I’m still learning baby. I have no idea what you just said,” Brian said smiling.

Justin smiled back and kissed him. Brian pulled him closer to his body and kissed him back. He loved kissing Justin.

“I guess this means you guys are okay,” Jennifer said.

Brian pulled back startled. Justin looked at him weird until he saw what Brian was looking at. He blushed and hid his face on Brian’s shoulder. Brian smiled at Jennifer and nodded.