Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
VERY IMPORTANT
Whatever is underlined is something that it’s being said but not out loud.
Whatever is underlined plus in italics is something that it’s being said in both forms.
Whatever is in bold letters is written down.

Brian opened the door to the loft to find a tall, red-haired woman standing there smiling from ear to ear. She had pale skin and blue eyes. The big purse she carried obscured half the dress she wore.

“Hi, I’m Karen Thomson. Are you Brian Kinney?”

Brian nodded and stood to the side.

“Come on in.” He told her.

“Nice place you have here.” She said.

“Thanks.” Brian murmured as he closed the door. “You are late.”

“I know.” Karen told him. “My car broke down and I had to wait until my girlfriend picked me up and brought me here.”

Brian nodded.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Brian asked.

“Water would be nice.” Karen told him.

Brian left her glancing at his loft and went get the water. He was nervous and excited. He couldn’t believe he was going to do this just because of Justin.

“So where do you want to sit?” Karen asked her. “We have to discuss the schedule and my payment.”

“Here you go.” Brian told her. “We can sit in the living room or at the island.”

Karen walked to one of the stools and sat down. She looked at Brian and smiled.

“So why is it that you want to do this?” Karen asked from where she was sitting.

“How is that any of your business?” Brian asked her, sitting down.

“I can be rude, too.” Karen told him.

Brian looked at her seriously and knew she was telling the truth. They smiled at each other. Brian took a deep breath and rubbed his lips with his index finger.

“I…” Brian said and frowned. “I met a guy.”

“Oh. And he is deaf?” Karen asked.

Brian nodded.

“That’s so sweet.” Karen exclaimed.

“I don’t do sweet.” Brian told her.

“Okay, tough guy.” Karen told him, putting her glass down. “So how old is he?”

“He is going to be eighteen soon.” Brian told her.

“What’s his name?” Karen asked.

“Justin. And how is this going to help me?” Brian asked.

“It’s not. It’s just that I’m nosy.”

Brian shook his head and glared at her.

“Fine, fine, let’s get started.” Karen told him.

Brian nodded happy that soon enough he would be able to understand Justin.

***

Justin was throwing the garbage out back when Michael came towards him. He saw him and smiled at Brian’s friend.

“Can I talk to you?” Michael asked.

Justin nodded.

“Look, you are not going to like this.” Michael told him.

Justin frowned.

“I know you like Brian. Everyone likes Brian.” Michael told him.

Justin smirked.

“I think you should stay away from him. He is just sorry that you are the way you are.” Michael told him.

Justin tightened his lips. He wanted to cry.

“He only likes to fuck and dump the guys. Hell, he never spends this much time with a guy. He likes to trick and he doesn’t believe in love. Once he fucks you there is nothing more. He won’t need you anymore. I think it would be best if you stay away from him. I’m just trying to help you out. You are a good kid and I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Justin shook his head.

“Look, I know what I am talking about. I’m Brian’s best friend. You know that. I know him and the way he is. I’m just trying to help you out. You are a nice kid. We don’t want to see you get hurt.” Michael told him nervously.

Michael knew he was babbling but he was a little concerned. He wasn't sure how Justin would react to his remarks and really didn't want to distress the kid.

Justin nodded and walked inside the diner. He went to the bathroom and washed his hands, trying to process what Michael had told him. He went inside a stall and sat down. He started crying not wanting to believe that Brian had been using him or going out with him because he felt sorry. It couldn’t be. Brian had been so nice to him and his son.

Justin took a deep breath and composed himself. He couldn’t lose control. He had to think of his son and his mother. They would be devastated if something happened to him because he had a fit over a stupid crush. He got up and went out to attend the customers like his heart wasn’t breaking in two.

***

Brian sat down next to Ted and looked at Emmett who was telling one of his stories. He looked at Michael and smiled when his friend smiled at him.

“You are not mad at me anymore?” Brian asked.

Michael shook his head.

“Friends have to forgive each other.” Michael told him.

“Brian. Where have you been this past week? We haven’t seen you at Woody’s or Babylon.” Emmett said.

“I was with Justin.” Brian told him.

“Are you two like an item now?” Ted asked.

“What if we are?” Brian asked.

“Just making sure it isn’t the end of the world.” Ted told him.

“Leave him alone Teddy. He has a right to be in love.” Emmett told him.

“Brian doesn’t do love.” Michael told them.

Brian looked at his friend but didn’t say anything. He wanted to be able to tell him that when he was with Justin he felt different. He wanted to tell Michael that with Justin everything was better. He was better.

“So what is it going to be?” Debbie asked Brian.

“I’m just here to pick up Justin.” Brian told her.

“Justin left like ten minutes ago.” Debbie told him. “He looked pretty pissed.”

Brian looked at his watch. He knew that Justin would have waited for him no matter how late he had come. They were going to have dinner. Brian thought that maybe Justin had gone home to change until Michael stopped him.

“Don’t worry. I talk to him about everything. You don’t have to worry anymore.” Michael said.

Debbie frowned and looked at Michael. Ted and Emmett stopped talking to also look at Michael.

“What do you mean you talked to him?” Debbie asked.

“I told him that Brian didn’t know how to tell him that he was just trying to be nice. That he didn’t want anything to do with Justin.” Michael told them.

“You did what?” Debbie shouted.

Brian felt himself falling. He wanted to beat the shit out of Michael yet at the same time he wanted someone to hug him and tell him everything was going to be okay. He opted for just standing up and fixing his tie.

“I’ll see you boys later.” Brian told them.

“But I thought you were going to come with us to Woody’s.” Michael protested.

Brian looked at him but didn’t say anything. He left the diner and walked to Justin’s apartment. He knocked on the door and hope that Jennifer was still there or Justin would never open it even if he send him a message. He let out the breath he had been holding when she opened the door.

“What do you want?” Jennifer asked.

“I want to talk to Justin.” Brian told her.

“He doesn’t want to talk to you.” Jennifer told him. “What the hell did you do to my son?”

“Nothing.” Brian told her. “Can I please see him?”

Jennifer bit her lower lip and then shook her head.

“He’s not okay, Brian. Just…give him a couple of days. He’s had a tough day and he needs to rest.” Jennifer told him.

Brian took a deep breath and nodded. Jennifer turned to leave and then stopped.

“I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. Don’t make me regret it.” She warned him.

Brian nodded and walked away. He was going to go home and plan on how to get Justin back. He couldn’t believe that he was paying for things Michael had said. He was going to find Michael and find out exactly what he had said to his blond.