Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jack and Brian have a talk. Would it be too late?
Justin rubbed his face and got up. He went to the bathroom and washed his face before he walked towards Eric’s room. He looked inside the crib Brian had bought for his son. Eric was still asleep. Justin smiled and left the room to prepare some coffee. While the coffee got ready, Justin went and took a shower.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Brian asked when Justin came out of the bathroom.

Justin shrugged and kneeled on the bed. He kissed Brian and then moved away to get dressed. Brian looked at the time and saw that it was going to be nine soon.

“I’m going to take a shower and then we can go to the diner and have breakfast. I promised Michael I would be there,” Brian said making sure that Justin was looking at him.

Justin smiled and nodded. When Justin was dressed, he walked to the kitchen and served himself a cup of coffee. Justin moved to the door to go out and get the paper when he found himself facing a woman. He smiled at her and waited for her to say something.

“I have been knocking for a while,” Joan said. “I’m looking for my son, Brian Kinney. I think I have the right floor.”

Justin nodded and step to the side. Joan came in and looked around.

“Where is Brian?” Joan asked Justin, but she had her back to him.

Joan turned around to look at Justin who was closing the door. When Justin turned around, he smiled again.

“I asked you where Brian was,” Joan told him.

Justin pointed towards the bedroom and gestured with his hand at her to wait there. He then walked towards the bedroom and once inside, he walked to the bathroom. He knocked on the open door and Brian looked at him.

“What?” Brian asked.

Your mom is here,” Justin signaled.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Brian asked. “You didn’t let her in, did you?”

Justin frowned and nodded. Brian took a deep breath.

What’s wrong?” Justin asked.

“She’s a bitch.”

Justin opened his mouth in shock.

How can you say that about your mother?” Justin asked.

Justin knew that Brian had a rough childhood, but the woman out there was still his mother. He was sure that Brian shouldn’t be cursing like that at the woman.

“You don’t know her,” Brian said pulling the towel from around his waist as he walked to the bedroom.

Brian took his robe and put it on. He walked out of the bedroom and looked at his mother.

“Hello, Joan,” Brian said.

“Brian,” Joan said smiling. “How have you been?”

“What are you doing here?” Brian asked.

“It’s about your father,” Joan said.

“What? He doesn’t have enough money,” Brian said. “How much does he need?”

“It’s not that,” Joan told him.

“What then?” Brian asked.

Justin came walking out of the room.

Ask her if she wants anything to drink,” Justin told Brian.

“She is not going to die of thirst,” Brian told Justin. “Plus, I don’t think we have enough booze to quench it either.”

Justin shook his head at Brian’s behavior.

“Brian, who is he?” Joan asked. “And how come you can understand him? I didn’t know you knew sign language.”

Brian opened his mouth to tell her it was none of her business, but stopped.

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me, Joan. He is my partner,” Brian told her and looked at her expression.

Joan frowned.

“What do you mean, your partner?” Joan asked. “Isn’t he a little too young to own a company?”

“He’s my lover, Joan,” Brian told her. “Don’t act like you don’t know what I mean.”

Joan opened her eyes big.

“What are you talking about? You are not…god,” Joan said as she started to walk towards the door but stopped.

Joan walked over to Brian and shook her head. Justin had been watching the whole exchange, not sure what was going to happen next. Brian never talked about his family, but he had thought that the brunet had told them he was gay.

“You are going to hell, Brian,” Joan said. “It’s wrong.”

“As long as you are not there, I won’t complain,” Brian mocked.

Joan closed her eyes and shook her head. Justin took a deep breath and bit his lower lip.

“You are not my son. You are a pervert. You are a disgrace,” Joan told him. “You are sick, Brian.”

Justin opened his eyes wide as he realized what Joan was saying. Brian kept his face set as a stone, not letting her know that she was affecting him.

“You better pray, Brian. Change your ways,” Joan told him.

Justin stood next to Brian and glared at her.

“You still have time to save your souls,” Joan said.

Joan looked at Justin and shook her head.

“He is just a boy, Brian. I can’t believe you would do such unspeakable things,” Joan lamented. “You are a dreadful man, Brian. God is going to punish you for this.”

How can you say those things?” Justin asked. “Brian is your son.

“What is he saying?” Joan asked.

“That you’re an ugly witch and to get out of our house,” Brian told her.

“You are as bad as he is,” Joan told Justin. “You are both doomed. You are going to burn in hell.”

Justin move forward and took Joan by the arm and started pushing her towards the door. He let go of her and opened the door.

Get out,” Justin told her and pointed to the outside of the loft.

Joan walked out and turned around.

“You were always such a hassle,” Joan said looking at Brian. “That’s why your father had to be so strong with you. We didn’t do a good job apparently.”

“You mean, he beat the shit out of me while you got drunk and didn’t care?” Brian asked standing in front of his mother.

Joan slapped Brian. Justin opened his eyes wide and was about to tear her head off, but Brian put a hand on his shoulder and the blond calmed down. He wanted so much to just make the woman disappear. He could see how much the exchange was affecting Brian.

“You are nothing but a monster, Brian,” Joan spat out.

Justin said something to Joan in sign language. Joan looked up at Brian.

“That means fuck off; you dried up, bitter old bitch!” Brian said smirking and slid the loft door shut.

Justin took a deep breath and looked up at Brian.

“That went well,” Brian said.

Justin arched a brow and shook his head.

I’m sorry,” Justin told him. “I didn’t mean to call her that. I was just so mad at her. How dare she say those things to you?

“Now you know not to let her in again,” Brian said as he walked away.

Justin walked behind Brian and stopped him. Brian turned around and arched a brow.

I’m sorry,” Justin told him.

Brian looked at Justin and knew the blond was saying sorry for more than just letting his mother in. He was saying sorry for his childhood, for his Mother, for his Father. Brian closed his eyes, biting his lower lip and Justin move forward and hugged the taller man. Brian held on to his boyfriend and willed himself not to cry over his Mother’s words because he knew that she wasn’t worth it.

***

Michael smiled at Eric who was asleep in his stroller. He looked at Brian and Justin and right away knew that something was wrong. It was not possible that the couple were having problems already. They had been living together two months and were supposed to be still in the honeymoon stage. At least, he had been with Ben and sometimes still was.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Michael asked.

“Michael,” Ben said.

“What? Look at them,” Michael said.

“Joan decided to pay us a visit,” Brian said.

“Holy shit, Brian,” Michael said.

“Language,” Brian said and then rolled his eyes at himself.

Michael looked at Eric who was still sleeping.

“He’s sleeping,” Michael pointed out.

“He could have been up. Just don’t make a habit of it,” Brian told him.

Justin and Ben watched them in amusement.

“You are such a great father, Brian Kinney,” Michael said smiling.

Brian glared at him.

“Leave me the fuck alone,” Brian told him.

Language,” Justin said smirking.

Brian shook his head and then looked at Eric.

“He’s still sleeping,” Brian said smirking.

Ben and Michael laughed.

“So what did she want?” Michael asked.

Brian shrugged.

“As soon as she found out who Justin was, she left,” Brian told him. “I really don’t care and I don’t want to talk about it.”

Michael nodded.

“What are you guys doing today?” Michael asked.

Picking Gus up,” Justin said excitedly.

Michael and Ben smiled at Justin. It was more times now that Justin dared to use his voice. They were happy to see that the blond trusted them.

“So what are you two doing today?” Brian asked.

“We are going to a movie,” Michael said.

Brian rolled his eyes.

“Don’t tell me he’s making you see ‘Super Man’ again?” Brian drawled.

Ben laughed and nodded.

“Oh, leave me alone,” Michael told him.

Justin smiled when he saw Brian smirking at Michael. He was happy to see Brian relaxing gradually.

***

Justin moaned as Brian started to bite his neck. He lets his hands roam Brian’s body and then stopped at Brian’s cock. He started stroking the brunet. Brian pulled away and reached for a condom. He put it on and then picked up the lube.

“Brian,” Justin hissed when Brian pushed a finger inside of him.

Brian licked his lips and controlled himself as he pushed another finger inside the blond. He was hypnotized by Justin’s hips thrusting back into his hand.

“Baby,” Brian whispered.

“Fuck me,” Justin moaned as he stared at Brian.

Brian nodded and put Justin’s leg on his shoulder. He was about to enter the blond when he heard Eric crying through the baby monitor. Brian took a deep breath and got up from the bed. He turned on the light and got rid of the condom. He looked at Justin who was sitting on the bed rubbing his face. Justin looked at Brian and imagined that Eric or Gus was crying. He got up to go see what was going on.

“Eric is crying. I’ll go,” Brian said.

Justin shook his head.

“I’ll see what’s going on this time,” Justin said.

Brian nodded and paced around in the room. Justin came back pretty soon.

“What was wrong?” Brian asked.

“I think he was cold. His blanket wasn’t covering him,” Justin said. “His pamper was dry, so it wasn’t that.”

“Justin, forget fucking foreplay,” Brian hissed. “This is the third time that I tried to fuck you and Eric started crying.”

Justin smirked.

“A quickie before my dick falls off,” Brian told him.

Justin smiled and nodded. Brian reached for a condom and put it on. He grabbed the lube and put some on his cock. He turned Justin face down on the bed and entered him in one swift move. He waited a moment before he started moving.

“Daddy,” Gus called for Brian.

Brian pulled out of Justin quickly and reached for his robe. He put it on and grabbed the duvet quickly throwing it over Justin. Justin turned around a little lost. He saw Gus entering the room and knew why Brian had stopped.

“Dad. I had a nightmare. Can I sleep with you guys?” Gus asked.

Brian took a deep breath and nodded. Justin managed to reach for his shorts and put them on. They put Gus in the middle of the bed and looked at each other with amused smiles. After a while, Gus fell asleep and Justin and Brian got out of bed and went into the living room.

“I’m afraid to touch you,” Brian told him as he ripped a condom open.

Justin laughed and shook his head.

“I swear to god that if one of them wakes up, I’m jumping out the window,” Brian said as he sat down and pulled Justin with him.

Brian entered Justin slowly and both of them held their breaths. After a while, Justin started to move up and down on Brian’s cock.

“I love you,” Justin whispered to Brian.

Brian smiled and held on to his blond. They made love quietly so they wouldn’t wake up Gus or Eric. When they were done, they stayed on the couch. Brian looked at Justin and then they started laughing. That was just the beginning of having two kids.

***

Brian was taking a sip of his morning coffee when there was a knock on the door. He went to open it and licked his lips as he stared at his father.

“What do you want?” Brian asked.

“I need to talk to you,” Jack said.

Brian looked back at where Justin was sketching. He let his father in and Jack’s eyes landed on the back of Justin’s head.

“Did Joan tell you?” Brian asked.

Jack nodded.

“So what do you want?” Brian asked. “Money?”

Jack shook his head.

“I have cancer,” Jack said.

Brian laughed acidly.

“Well, you win,” Brian mocked before he turned around and walked to the kitchen. “Your news is bigger than mine.”

Jack followed him.

“When did you find out?” Brian asked.

“A while ago,” Jack said. “It was too late to do anything about it.”

“Do you want a cup of coffee?” Brian asked.

Jack nodded and sat on one of the stool. Even if he didn’t want to, he went back to looking at Justin.

“What’s his name?” Jack asked.

“Justin,” Brian said.

“Your Mom said he was a little kid,” Jack said.

“He’s eighteen,” Brian said.

“And deaf,” Jack added.

Brian nodded.

“Do you love him?” Jack asked.

Brian raised a brow.

“Just answer me.”

Brian nodded.

“You are happy?” Jack asked.

“Yes. What is with you?” Brian asked.

“I’m dying and rethinking the whole concept of life.”

“How deep of you,” Brian said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

They heard a thud and Brian and Jack turned their attention to Justin who was looking at them with big eyes and his sketchbook on the floor.

I didn’t know you were with someone. When did he come in? Through where?” Justin asked.

Brian smirked.

“He just got here. You were entertained at the time,” Brian told him.

“Oh. Sorry,” Justin said.

“Come here,” Brian said.

Justin walked over to him.

“Dad, this is Justin,” Brian said and then turned to Justin. “Jus, this is my father.”

Justin nodded at Jack, but didn’t bother to offer him a smile. After the things that Brian had told him, he didn’t want to be nice to the man. He wanted to rip him to pieces.

“What’s that?” Jack asked when he heard a soft cry.

Brian moved to the baby monitor and turned it off. He told Justin that Eric was crying and Justin went to get his son.

“You have a baby here?” Jack asked.

Brian nodded.

“Justin’s son,” Brian told him.

“Adopted?”

Brian shook his head.

“The old, natural way, Jack,” Brian said smirking.

“Jussy, I want to pick him up,” Gus said to Justin when the blond came back to the kitchen carrying Eric.

“Not now, Gus,” Brian told him.

“But I’m a big boy,” Gus complained. “Morning, Dad.”

Brian picked Gus up and looked at Jack. He sat Gus on the island and turn to look at his father who was giving him a questioning look.

“Say hello to your grandpa, Sonny boy,” Brian said to Gus.

“Hello,” Gus said looking at Jack.

“He is yours?” Jack asked. “He’s a Kinney?”

Brian nodded.

“Holy shit. You have a very weird way of being gay,” Jack told them.

Justin and Brian looked at each other and smirked.

“Daddy,” Eric said, sleepily reaching for Brian.

Brian picked him up and let Gus, who was sitting in the kitchen island, hold on to Eric. Brian was making sure he was behind Eric in case the kid moved back suddenly.

“Brian?” Jack asked.

“What?” Brian asked resting his hand on Eric’s back.

“Could I come by again?” Jack asked.

Brian looked at Justin who had his back to them while he prepared the boys breakfast. He looked at Eric and Gus who were laughing with each other and then he looked back at his father and nodded.