Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Brian stood in Melanie’s office waiting. When she came inside, she sat on her desk and looked at Brian, waiting to see what he wanted.

“I need you to draw some custody papers,” Brian said.

Melanie looked at him questioningly.

“Eric’s mom is going to give me her rights to her son,” Brian told her.

“Oh,” Melanie said. “That’s a big step, Brian.”

“I know,” Brian said.

“How long have you guys been dating now?” Melanie asked.

“Five months,” Brian said.

Melanie nodded.

“I can do what you ask me to,” Melanie said.

Brian smiled at her and got up.

“You really love him, don’t you?” Melanie asked.

“Like I really would tell you of all people,” Brian told her smirking.

“You just did,” Melanie told him.

Brian frowned, not sure what she meant. He really didn’t care.

“I also want you to keep it a secret because I’m not ready to tell him,” Brian said.

Melanie smiled and nodded.

***

“You are doing what?” Michael asked shocked, looking at Brian.

“I am paying two million dollars to…” Brian repeated.

“I heard you the first time,” Michael told him.

Brian took a sip of his beer and sat on the stool, waiting for his friend to say something else.

“Does Justin know?” Michael asked.

Brian shook his head.

“Wow,” Michael said.

“Ted got me the money from my account and some stocks and some other places. He joked around that I needed so much money to put hit on someone,” Brian related.

Michael bit his lower lip. “Why?” Michael asked.

“Because he is stupid like that,” Brian said.

Michael rolled his eyes. “Why are you doing this?” he asked.

“Because I love Justin and Eric,” Brian said.

Michael looked at his friend for a long time before he smiled. “I’m happy for you then.”

“Thank you, Michael,” Brian said.

“Are you ready to be a father?” Michael asked. “I mean its different now. You are going to be a daddy fulltime is this thing with Justin is as serious as I think it is.”

“I’m not going to tell him what I am doing,” Brian pointed out. “At least not yet.”

“You mean, until you grow the balls,” Michael mocked.

“Fuck you, Mikey,” Brian said smirking.

Michael laughed. “But, Brian, a piece of paper doesn’t make you a father. What you are doing right now does. Each day you spend with Eric does. Don’t you know that?”

Brian stared at his friend and smiled.

“You spend more time with him than you do with Gus,” Michael pointed out.

“God, I’m such a bad father, aren’t I?” Brian asked.

“No. Melanie and Lindsay are Gus’s parents,” Michael said. “You are going to be Eric’s.”

Brian bit his lower lip.

“Don’t start freaking out on me now,” Michael said hitting Brian’s arm. “You will be okay.”

Brian nodded, not sure if he would do a good job. He picked up his beer and took a sip.

“So when are you asking Justin to move in?” Michael asked smiling.

Brian choked on his beer then and Michael laughed.

***

Jennifer opened the door and smiled when she saw Brian. She walked back to the kitchen, leaving the door open for him. He came in and closed the door.

“I need to ask for a favor,” Brian told her.

“What’s that, Brian?” Jennifer asked.

“I was wondering if you would let me take Eric out. I want to take him see Gus and maybe to the park,” Brian said.

“That would be wonderful,” Jennifer said. “Let me prepare him a bag.”

Brian nodded and waited. Once he was out with Eric and riding in his Jeep, he got scared. He wondered if Erica would back away after all the things they had talked about. He looked through the rear view mirror at Eric who was playing with his favorite toy, a stuffed teddy bear.

The first stop Brian made was at the park where he played with the boy for a while. He would just follow the little boy around or make him giggle by tickling him. After he saw that Eric was getting sleepy, he picked him and their things up and went back to the Jeep.

Brian then found himself going to the diner. He brought Eric in with his car seat so the boy could sleep. Even in the middle of the noisy diner, Eric slept on. Brian had something to eat and waited for five to roll around; when he was going to meet Erica.

***

Justin opened the door and came inside. He found his mom in the kitchen cooking something. He smiled at her and went to see his kid. He came back alarmed, not finding Eric anywhere.

Where is Eric?” Justin asked.

He’s with Brian,” Jennifer said.

Okay,” Justin said as he went back to his room, his heart beat slowing down. He did his homework and then cleaned his room. He helped his mother with a few things around the house and washed the little clothes that Brian had brought over the past weeks along with his. When he was done, he lay in bed and wondered what was taking Brian so long.

***

Brian walked into the ice cream shop and sat down. He bought an ice cream for the boy and helped him eat it. Thirty minute after that, Erica walked in. She sat down and reached for Eric’s little hand.

“He is so big,” Erica said.

“Do you have the papers I sent you?” Brian asked.

Erica nodded and looked for them in her purse. She showed them to him. Brian smiled when he saw that they were already signed.

“Do you have my money?” Erica asked.

Brian nodded and grabbed one of the bags he had, putting it on the chair next to his. He grabbed the papers and put them in Eric’s bag.

“Wow,” Erica said after she had seen the money inside the bag. “Those are big bills.”

Brian nodded.

“Can I hold him?” Erica asked.

Brian thought about it as he looked at her.

“Just real quick,” Erica said.

Brian nodded and she smiled, picking Eric up. As soon as the baby saw himself being pulled away from Brian, he started crying. Brian quickly got up and took him back. “Sorry,” Brian said. “He just…doesn’t know you.”

Erica nodded and smiled sadly. “I’d better go. James is waiting for me,” Erica said as she picked up her money.

“Does he know what you are doing?” Brian asked suddenly.

Erica looked back and shook her head. Brian stood there for a long time holding Eric. He was happy that now no one could take the baby away from Justin.

***

Lindsay came home to find Melanie and Brian being civil to each other. Gus and Eric were on the floor playing.

“Hey,” Lindsay said, kissing her wife and then Brian. “What are you doing here?”

“Taking care of something,” Brian told her. “I think I should go. It’s getting late.”

Melanie nodded.

“But I just got here,” Lindsay said. “I hardly see you anymore.”

“He is in love,” Melanie said, raising a brow at Brian.

Brian smirked and shook his head at them. “I’m going to go,” he said, getting up since he had already given the papers to Melanie.

“Can I go with you?” Gus asked.

“How about I come for you during the weekend?” Brian asked. “Is that okay with you guys?”

Melanie and Lindsay nodded.

“Great,” Brian said and bent down to pick Eric up. “Hmmph, you need to be change.”

Brian took Eric’s bag and changed Eric’s diaper. The girls watched him, smiling. Gus helped his father with everything he could. When he was done he kissed Gus goodbye and said goodnight to the girls.

“He has changed so much,” Lindsay said as she watched Gus getting back on the floor to finish drawing.

Melanie nodded.

“He’s a good father,” Melanie said.

Lindsay turned to look at Melanie and smiled.

“You think so,” Lindsay said smiling.

Melanie nodded. She knew what Brian had done and she barely could believe it. But it showed her that Brian was serious about his new family.

***

Brian knocked on the door and Jennifer opened it. He got in with a sleepy Eric in his arms. He gave Jennifer Eric’s bag and kept walking to Justin’s room. He found his boyfriend in the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Where were you?” Justin asked.

“Having a good time with Eric,” Brian said, putting the baby in the bed. “We had some ice cream and went to the park and even went to see Gus.”

Justin bit his lower lip and nodded. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Justin asked as he straddle Brian’s lap. “I could have gone with you guys.”

“It was just me and him today,” Brian said.

Justin smiled. “Like father and son?” Justin asked with a raised brow.

Brian smiled and caressed Justin’s face. “Something like that, baby,” Brian told him.

Thank you for loving us,” Justin said.

“My pleasure,” Brian told him.

Justin put his arms around Brian and held him close.

***

Justin opened his eyes to find Eric laughing and jumping on Brian’s chest. The boy was making every face that Brian made at him. Justin watched his son and lover for a long time and felt like the world was right until he remembered Erica and the fact that she was trying to destroy his world. He got up from bed and walked away from them.

“Where are you going?” Brian asked, but Justin had his back to him and didn’t know he’d spoken.

Justin walked to the kitchen where his mom was making coffee. She smiled at him and said good morning. “What is so good about it?” Justin asked and moved to serve himself some coffee.

“Are you fighting with Brian?” Jennifer asked.

No,” Justin told her. “Brian and I are perfect. He’s so great, Mom.

Jennifer smiled and nodded.

It’s Erica that worries me,” Justin told her.

Just then Brian came in with Eric in his arm. He was wearing a wife beater and sweats.

“Morning,” Brian said to Jennifer and then kissed Justin on the cheek. “What’s wrong?”

Justin shook his head.

“He’s worried about the custody hearing,” Jennifer said.

Brian looked at Justin who turned away from them.

“You don’t have to worry about her,” Brian said. “Everything is going to be okay.”

Brian then sat Eric on the counter and started tickling the boy. The phone ran and Jennifer took it. She moved away as she talked with someone in yes and no answers.

“What do you want to do today?” Brian asked as Justin sat in front of him with a cup of coffee.

Justin shrugged.

“Guys,” Jennifer said, smiling.

“What?” Brian asked, looking at her.

Justin waited to see what had his mother so excited.

That was Martin, our lawyer. He said that Erica is backing down,

Justin opened his eyes wide in shock. He looked from his mother to Brian and back at his mom. He got up and ran to her, hugging her as the two of them jumped up and down and celebrated. He then turned to Brian and his son and hugged them. Brian pulled away and let Justin hug his son to him and cry with joy.

“Isn’t this great?” Jennifer asked ecstatic.

“Yeah,” Brian said smiling.

Jennifer looked at Brian with raised brows, but he just ignored her. She smiled, knowing that the man had something to do with the whole situation. She could see that he didn’t look surprised at all. He looked happy, but it was like he already knew it was coming. She was so happy that her son had found a good man that loved him.